ggFTW

MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > MMO Games > Other MMO Games > Atlantica Online > Atlantica Online Character Types > Sword Class

League of Legends
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

League of Legends

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
02-20-2009   #1 (permalink)
WHAt
Games
La Tale
Awards Retired Wiki StaffEvent Winner

Chesters is a glorious beacon of lightChesters is a glorious beacon of lightChesters is a glorious beacon of lightChesters is a glorious beacon of lightChesters is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via MSN to Chesters
Guild: SOS Brigade
Default Is a sword main really that bad of a choice?

I've been looking up some guides (though some appear to be slightly outdated), but it appears that sword mains are not a very wise choice because they do not have as good as stats as the swordsman merc.. >> Which.. kind of defeats the purpose, doesn't it?

Just wondering if anyone has some other info or opions... considering remaking a new character. .o.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
02-24-2009   #2 (permalink)
ビリビリ
Games
Sword 2Trickster OnlineDungeon Fighter OnlineEmil Chronicle Online
Awards Pervert Award

Fineti has much to be proud ofFineti has much to be proud ofFineti has much to be proud ofFineti has much to be proud ofFineti has much to be proud ofFineti has much to be proud ofFineti has much to be proud ofFineti has much to be proud of

I was just browsing the official forums, and apparently the new sword skill (chaos edge) does a lot of damage and hits a row (a la Ice Ridge). I think all mercs have higher stats than their respective mains once you level them up, so I wouldn't worry too much about that.

I heard that Swords alone add skill levels, so sword mains sound pretty raep to me now.

02-24-2009   #3 (permalink)
Lazy Lurkin'
Special
Games
Atlantica OnlineDofusTrickster OnlineRift: Planes of Telara

Javier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Javier
IGN: Ripchord
Class: Commando

Yup, with the new skill a sword main is probably more attractive, but still, you have to be level 100 to unlock the new main skills. Which means you're pretty much gonna be gimped till then.

Also, later on if you do get a lady knight, she's going to have much better stats (and therefore, will be a much better tank) than your swordie, I guess? Then again, these things are only relevant if you're extrememly keen on PvP. I think a sword main can function just as well as any other main in PvE.

It's the nature of my circuitry.