Vindictus

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
04-12-2011   #1 (permalink)
Take it easy!
Special
Games
World of Warcraft

Adun has much to be proud ofAdun has much to be proud ofAdun has much to be proud ofAdun has much to be proud ofAdun has much to be proud ofAdun has much to be proud ofAdun has much to be proud ofAdun has much to be proud ofAdun has much to be proud ofAdun has much to be proud of
Guild: [JW], Kirameki
Default SC1 Remake for SC2

I just wanted to shamelessly plug our project in here. I'm working with a few other guys to reproduce the SC and SC:BW campaigns in the SC2 engine with a few tweaks like added difficulty and expansion units available in the earlier episodes. Don't sweat the lore too much.

It got featured on TeamLiquid, GosuGamers, and even HuskyStarcraft, who's currently doing kind of a Let's Play of it. If you haven't played it or haven't heard of it before, you can check it out and download it from the project pages:

SC1 Episode 1 - Rebel Yell - StarCraft 2 Maps - SC2Mapster.com
SC1 Episode 2 - Overmind - StarCraft 2 Maps - SC2Mapster.com

The Protoss campaign is currently in development.

If you have any thoughts, suggestions, feedback, bug reports, compliments, complaints or whatever, please post them here.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
04-12-2011   #2 (permalink)
Custom User Title
Games
Puzzle PiratesAtlantica OnlineGrand ChaseRunescape
Awards Event WinnerWandering Eye

Noctis is just really niceNoctis is just really niceNoctis is just really niceNoctis is just really niceNoctis is just really nice

Oh cool. Didn't know someone here was part of the work on the SC1 remake. I've been watching Husky's play-through of the missions. Looks like an excellent job so far. Good luck with the rest.

Edit: Also, the Jacobs Installation mission looked interesting. Why the change?
Edit2: I also remember there was a bug with an upgrade when Husky was playing the mission he labeled "Mission 2". Did that get fixed?

Last edited by Noctis; 04-12-2011 at 07:27 PM.

04-12-2011   #3 (permalink)
Take it easy!
Special
Games
World of Warcraft

Adun has much to be proud ofAdun has much to be proud ofAdun has much to be proud ofAdun has much to be proud ofAdun has much to be proud ofAdun has much to be proud ofAdun has much to be proud ofAdun has much to be proud ofAdun has much to be proud ofAdun has much to be proud of

Thanks, Noctis. Yeah the bugged upgrade was the U-238 Shells for Marine range. It's patched now for Rebel Yell v1.3.

The decision to alter installation gameplay was not my own, but due to mostly positive reception, I can't argue with the change. Many people seem to like the concept and a few outright hate it. It's a fresh way to play the maps at the cost of the intense, tactical phases present in the installation scenarios.

I think I'll update the map in a future version to include both an RTS or TPS mode, along with some campaign difficulty throttling. Probably could work on the camera too.

04-12-2011   #4 (permalink)
(^▽^#)ノシ
Special
Games
Alicia
Awards Retired Division HeadPervert Award

Kowiz has a reputation beyond reputeKowiz has a reputation beyond reputeKowiz has a reputation beyond reputeKowiz has a reputation beyond reputeKowiz has a reputation beyond reputeKowiz has a reputation beyond reputeKowiz has a reputation beyond reputeKowiz has a reputation beyond reputeKowiz has a reputation beyond reputeKowiz has a reputation beyond reputeKowiz has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Kowiz

Didn't expect you to actually be working on it. ლ(❛ー❛ლ)

I saw it before on TL, and it's really well done. o['∀'*]o

04-13-2011   #5 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
LuniaAlicia

iARE1337 is a jewel in the roughiARE1337 is a jewel in the roughiARE1337 is a jewel in the roughiARE1337 is a jewel in the rough

Saw this on TL, but didn't think someone here was working on it. From what I've seen, it seems pretty well made. I'll try it when I have time.

04-14-2011   #6 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Nanaya will become famous soon enough
IGN: Anruijin

Wish that Blizzard had incorporated new models for all the units and buildings in Starcraft 1 and Brood War. It just feels weird, but doesn't really matter too much.

The maps are still really nice and I like how the briefings. Nice job.

04-20-2011   #7 (permalink)
ggFTW Regular

brotosterone is on a distinguished road

wowowoowwowowo nice man! Looking forward to the finished product

04-17-2015   #8 (permalink)
Take it easy!
Special
Games
World of Warcraft

I haven't actively contributed to this project in years, but Jones313, Telenil and the other guys have forged it into a fantastic thing which is now known as Starcraft: Mass Recall. I'm mostly credited to the original idea as well as Jones313 who put the whole thing together into a coherent mod. It seems that it will be getting some more updates when LotV hits so if you haven't checked it out already, it would be a good idea. It is an impressive piece of work.

Edit: Forgot the link.
http://www.sc2mapster.com/maps/starcraft-mass-recall/