Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
01-22-2011   #1 (permalink)
(^▽^#)ノシ
Special
Games
Alicia
Awards Retired Division HeadPervert Award

Kowiz has a reputation beyond reputeKowiz has a reputation beyond reputeKowiz has a reputation beyond reputeKowiz has a reputation beyond reputeKowiz has a reputation beyond reputeKowiz has a reputation beyond reputeKowiz has a reputation beyond reputeKowiz has a reputation beyond reputeKowiz has a reputation beyond reputeKowiz has a reputation beyond reputeKowiz has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Kowiz
Default Ladder map updates

Quote:
We recently completed the following updates to the ladder pool:
  • Blistering Sands, Lost Temple, Steppes of War, and Xel’Naga Caverns have been re-published to address an issue with foliage that would die and become visible through fog of war when a player spawned as zerg.
  • Shakuras Plateau has been re-published and added back into the ladder rotation. The newly published map resolves a separate issue that caused 2x2 buildings placed near some destructible rocks to become both invisible and un-selectable.
  • Jungle Basin will be removed from the ladder pool in the coming weeks for balance evaluation. It will remain unavailable for ranked play until further notice.
no more Jungle Basin, eventually

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
01-22-2011   #2 (permalink)
Forum Operations Manager
Pouty Princess ☆
Special
Games
Guild Wars 2LuniaConquer OnlineElsword
Awards Admin AwardMoM AwardPervert AwardTHE CHAMP

Light is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervert
IGN: Light, Yucie
Class: Kanna
Level: 208

Couldn't we get anything new.. Playing from Early Beta to now it's all the same shit, with a tiny few added in since then.
I'm just a casual and it bores me, I feel bad for the hardcore ones who play around a hundred games a day.

+Rep if I help you. | Guides: Lunia's Client Editing Guide / How to ggFTW!

01-22-2011   #3 (permalink)
ggFTW Regular

brotosterone is on a distinguished road

Thank god no more jungle basin! That map was soooooooo bad for us zergs

01-24-2011   #4 (permalink)
:l
Special

SlowBro has a reputation beyond reputeSlowBro has a reputation beyond reputeSlowBro has a reputation beyond reputeSlowBro has a reputation beyond reputeSlowBro has a reputation beyond reputeSlowBro has a reputation beyond reputeSlowBro has a reputation beyond reputeSlowBro has a reputation beyond reputeSlowBro has a reputation beyond reputeSlowBro has a reputation beyond reputeSlowBro has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light
Couldn't we get anything new.. Playing from Early Beta to now it's all the same shit, with a tiny few added in since then.
I'm just a casual and it bores me, I feel bad for the hardcore ones who play around a hundred games a day.
Play nexus wars till your hands bleed bro.

01-24-2011   #5 (permalink)
(^▽^#)ノシ
Special
Games
Alicia

Kowiz has a reputation beyond reputeKowiz has a reputation beyond reputeKowiz has a reputation beyond reputeKowiz has a reputation beyond reputeKowiz has a reputation beyond reputeKowiz has a reputation beyond reputeKowiz has a reputation beyond reputeKowiz has a reputation beyond reputeKowiz has a reputation beyond reputeKowiz has a reputation beyond reputeKowiz has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowBro
Play DOTA till your hands bleed bro.

01-24-2011   #6 (permalink)
Forum Operations Manager
Pouty Princess ☆
Special
Games
Guild Wars 2LuniaConquer OnlineElsword
Awards Admin AwardMoM AwardPervert AwardTHE CHAMP

Light is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervert
IGN: Light, Yucie
Class: Kanna
Level: 208

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowBro
Play nexus wars till your hands bleed bro.
Nexus Wars is boring after 20 games; I don't understand how you can play it hundreds of times and maintain an interest in it.

+Rep if I help you. | Guides: Lunia's Client Editing Guide / How to ggFTW!

01-25-2011   #7 (permalink)
(^▽^#)ノシ
Special
Games
Alicia

Jungle Basin got removed today ╰(◡` )

01-26-2011   #8 (permalink)
ggFTW Regular

It's finally removed, now I can avoid other maps lol

01-26-2011   #9 (permalink)
is a pretty cool guy.

Coffee is a jewel in the roughCoffee is a jewel in the roughCoffee is a jewel in the roughCoffee is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via MSN to Coffee
IGN: Nashi

Whats wrong with Jungle Basin?
It's the only map I feel safe with a fast expo in..

01-26-2011   #10 (permalink)
(^▽^#)ノシ
Special
Games
Alicia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffee
Whats wrong with Jungle Basin?
It's the only map I feel safe with a fast expo in..
and what race are you playing?

01-27-2011   #11 (permalink)
ggFTW Regular

Some may argue, but I would say it's a strongly favored terran map.

-Easy natural expansion - 2 base terran is tough
-Easy to defend 3rd - planetary fortress, siege tanks, turrets = impenetrable and now secures almost your whole side of the map. This is also an aggressive invasion toward the terran's opponent's third base.
-Narrow engagements are frequent - less surrounds for zergs
-Siege tank placement - so many areas where this can be abused

Just a few off the top of my head. I'm sure there are plenty more.

01-27-2011   #12 (permalink)
(^▽^#)ノシ
Special
Games
Alicia

And if you throw in the gold bases, that may or may not have existed, it would be an even easier 4th base to defend.

The middle being a platform, makes it hard to get up there and attack, with those tanks there