Try 

Grand Fantasia

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
08-27-2010   #1 (permalink)
:l
Special
Awards Retired Division HeadPervert Award

SlowBro has a reputation beyond reputeSlowBro has a reputation beyond reputeSlowBro has a reputation beyond reputeSlowBro has a reputation beyond reputeSlowBro has a reputation beyond reputeSlowBro has a reputation beyond reputeSlowBro has a reputation beyond reputeSlowBro has a reputation beyond reputeSlowBro has a reputation beyond reputeSlowBro has a reputation beyond reputeSlowBro has a reputation beyond repute
Default Upcoming patch notes

Quote:
Greetings, citizens of the Koprulu sector! StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty is celebrating its one-month anniversary and we’re extremely excited to witness the amazing community that’s come together around the game. To that end, we want you to know we are hard at work on the first feature and balance patch, and expect to have it completed and available by the middle of September. Patch 1.1 will contain a number of improvements including additional mod features, Editor improvements and bug fixes, some custom game improvements, support for NVIDIA’s 3D Vision, and more. We'd also like to share some specific plans for this patch with you.

To begin, we've heard a lot of feedback from our global community about standardized hotkey options. We're happy to announce that in patch 1.1 we are going to make the Standard (US) and Standard for Lefties (US) hotkey options available in all regions.

Balance Changes

We have several balance changes in store. One general change we're making is that friendly units will no longer provide vision after being killed. Enemy units previously revealed will no longer be targetable. Now let's break down the additional balance changes we're implementing.

Maps

We're going to be adding destructible rocks to the Desert Oasis map to make natural expansions easier to protect. In addition, the center map watchtower area is being narrowed.

Protoss

We have two key changes in mind for the zealot: the build time is being increased from 33 to 38 seconds, and the warpgate cooldown is being increased from 23 to 28 seconds. Zealot rushes are currently too powerful at various skill levels, particularly those that rely on rapidly assaulting an enemy base from nearby "proxy" gateways. We feel the window players have to scout for and fend off this rush is too small. We also want to address the problem of protoss being able to dump minerals a bit too quickly with the combination of warpgates and Chrono Boost.

Terran

There are several changes in the works for terrans. Reapers against zerg are stronger than expected. Due to the zealot build time increase, reapers would be a bit problematic in combination with proxy barracks, bunkers, and/or marauders against protoss. Therefore, we have decided to increase the build time of reapers as well from 40 to 45 seconds. Fast reaper + bunker, or fast marine + bunker rushes are problematic against zerg. Although this rush would never outright destroy the zerg player, we feel zerg suffers too much of a disadvantage from either having to cancel the fast expansion, or getting trapped inside the main base for too long, so we are also increasing the bunker build time from 30 to 35 seconds.

Siege tanks in large numbers are performing too well in all matchups. In the mid- to late-game, siege tanks are too dominant against all ground units. We want a small set of light and unarmored ground units to perform better against siege tanks. With this in mind, we're changing the Siege Mode damage of the siege tank from 50 to 35, +15 vs. armored; to correspond with this, damage upgrades will be changed from +5 to +3, +2 vs. armored. This change reduces the base damage of the siege tank against light and unarmored units, as well as the splash damage.

Battlecruisers currently lack good counters from the ground and still perform very well against a wide array of unit types. We're aware that it is not easy to get battlecruisers out for the cost, but at the same time, it is possible in both 1v1s and team games to create stalemate situations to bring them out. Overall, we feel that battlecruisers are too strong for their cost, and the terran-forced stalemate situations are causing less interesting gameplay. We will be lowering their damage against ground units from 10 to 8.

Zerg

Ultralisk damage is being decreased from 15, +25 vs. armored to 15, +20 vs. armored. This reduction is comparable to the changes being made to the battlecruiser and siege tank. Like the battlecruiser, ultralisks are simply too powerful for the cost, even though they are difficult to muster. Also, in combination with other units, ultralisks are difficult to counter from the ground. The ultralisk building attack (Ram) is being removed because the damage rate is too similar to its normal attack, which will be used against buildings instead. When ultralisks target tightly packed smaller buildings such as supply depots, the Ram attack is actually outputting considerably less overall damage than its normal attack, as Ram only hits a single target.

And Beyond...

We are reading your posts on the forums and creating lists of features and bugs to address in future patches. We have mid- to long-term plans to further evolve the Custom Game experience, and soon, enhance our social features with the addition of chat channels. We will be sharing more specific information in the coming weeks. As with all of our previous games, we will support StarCraft II for many years to come. Your feedback and participation is critical in making this not only the best game it can be, but also the most engaged gaming community in the world. We look forward to the implementation of patch 1.1, as well as sharing our plans for our future gameplay and Battle.net features.

We'll see you online!
From battle.net.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
08-27-2010   #2 (permalink)
Special

SlowBro has a reputation beyond reputeSlowBro has a reputation beyond reputeSlowBro has a reputation beyond reputeSlowBro has a reputation beyond reputeSlowBro has a reputation beyond reputeSlowBro has a reputation beyond reputeSlowBro has a reputation beyond reputeSlowBro has a reputation beyond reputeSlowBro has a reputation beyond reputeSlowBro has a reputation beyond reputeSlowBro has a reputation beyond repute

I'm particularly displeased with the tank nerf. They were getting pretty close to garbage already in tvp...Reaper/bunker/ protoss gate/zealot build time increase make sense and I'm fine with that but this hurts TvP alot. The biggest issue is that terran has no late game vs protoss as they pretty much have to go bio builds (lol void ray) which get destroyed by protoss T3 units. WTB goliaths ;_;

Believe it or not but as the game progresses I imagine Terran will be the hardest/require the most eapm to play like in BW.

08-27-2010   #3 (permalink)
(^▽^#)ノシ
Special
Games
Alicia

Kowiz has a reputation beyond reputeKowiz has a reputation beyond reputeKowiz has a reputation beyond reputeKowiz has a reputation beyond reputeKowiz has a reputation beyond reputeKowiz has a reputation beyond reputeKowiz has a reputation beyond reputeKowiz has a reputation beyond reputeKowiz has a reputation beyond reputeKowiz has a reputation beyond reputeKowiz has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Kowiz

I..don't even live long enough to get Tier 3

;-;

Guess it will be easier to 6 pool protoss now.

Last edited by Kowiz; 08-27-2010 at 02:16 PM.

08-27-2010   #4 (permalink)
Orange
Games
4StoryACE OnlineAdventure Quest WorldsAge of Armor
Awards Retired Content StaffFacebook Fan

Faith is a glorious beacon of lightFaith is a glorious beacon of lightFaith is a glorious beacon of lightFaith is a glorious beacon of lightFaith is a glorious beacon of light

SlowBro is displeased cause he mains terran. I however, am perfectly fine with it :P

08-27-2010   #5 (permalink)
Special

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faith
SlowBro is displeased cause he mains terran. I however, am perfectly fine with it :P
Yes terran tears are rare ;_;

The only people that should be "happy" are zergs :V

08-27-2010   #6 (permalink)
Forum Operations Manager
Pouty Princess ☆
Special
Games
Guild Wars 2LuniaConquer OnlineElsword
Awards Most Valuable StaffAdmin AwardMoM AwardPervert AwardTHE CHAMP

Light is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervert
IGN: Light, Yucie
Class: Kanna
Level: 208

wow, of all the times it's been said that Terran were OP, they finally got hit extremely hard with the nerf hammer.

I can say I'm pleased that it's more of an armored damage type, because pretty much every light unit such as hydras would get 1 shot in beta, but they later lowered the damage a little so it took 2 shots to kill a hydra.
For the cost, it was a waste to build Hydras/Lings/Blings and even Roaches against a Terran with tanks.

I wonder if these changes will affect the campaign in any way, because if so, then "All in" will be one of the most nightmarish missions to ever complete on Hard and Brutal.

+Rep if I help you. | Guides: Lunia's Client Editing Guide / How to ggFTW!

Last edited by Light; 08-27-2010 at 05:42 PM.

08-27-2010   #7 (permalink)
(^▽^#)ノシ
Special
Games
Alicia

Kowiz has a reputation beyond reputeKowiz has a reputation beyond reputeKowiz has a reputation beyond reputeKowiz has a reputation beyond reputeKowiz has a reputation beyond reputeKowiz has a reputation beyond reputeKowiz has a reputation beyond reputeKowiz has a reputation beyond reputeKowiz has a reputation beyond reputeKowiz has a reputation beyond reputeKowiz has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Kowiz

Pretty sure the SP won't be affected, it has different dependencies.

Think somebody did a test and said that siege tanks will require +1 shot to take down everything, except unupgraded zerglings. +1 def to zerglings makes them 2 shots.

08-27-2010   #8 (permalink)
Forum Operations Manager
Pouty Princess ☆
Special
Games

Light is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kowiz
Pretty sure the SP won't be affected, it has different dependencies.

Think somebody did a test and said that siege tanks will require +1 shot to take down everything, except unupgraded zerglings. +1 def to zerglings makes them 2 shots.
More reason to upgrade armor before weapons, actually it's always been a better idea to upgrade armor before weapons for zerg anyway.
One of the main reasons my speedling strike is so deadly.

Most people use 2-3 tanks in their engagement anyway.

08-27-2010   #9 (permalink)
Special

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light
wow, of all the times it's been said that Terran were OP, they finally got hit extremely hard with the nerf hammer.

I can say I'm pleased that it's more of an armored damage type, because pretty much every light unit such as hydras would get 1 shot in beta, but they later lowered the damage a little so it took 2 shots to kill a hydra.
For the cost, it was a waste to build Hydras/Lings/Blings and even Roaches against a Terran with tanks.
Yea, but with the theme of the races, Terran should be the most cost effective. It's very rare for me to see a zerg play "like a zerg" and outexpand the opponent. It shouldn't be "can this unit beat this unit cost effectively," but "how can I get enough units to overwhelm him and not die in the process."

Case in point : I'm 10-1 today TvZ and I built a command center first on 15, transition to 4 factory mech, and push at ~150 supply to take a my 3rd every single game. I even told a diamond zerg exactly what I was going to do lol. "What do I do with map control? Guess I try to kill him with my 2 bases right now derp." The zerg I was most impressed with was a gold player who expanded twice more and did baneling drops on my mineral lines. His macro was bad and died to the push but his game sense was top notch.

I'm sorry for the rant but it's really hard to take alot of the ZvT whiners seriously when they don't understand one of the core strengths of their race.

08-27-2010   #10 (permalink)
Forum Operations Manager
Pouty Princess ☆
Special
Games

I'm a random player, and just saying it as I see it.

The turtle terrans are the biggest annoyance ever with tanks.

08-28-2010   #11 (permalink)
Orange
Games
4StoryACE OnlineAdventure Quest WorldsAge of Armor
Awards Retired Content StaffFacebook Fan

Faith is a glorious beacon of lightFaith is a glorious beacon of lightFaith is a glorious beacon of lightFaith is a glorious beacon of lightFaith is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light
I'm a random player, and just saying it as I see it.

The turtle terrans are the biggest annoyance ever with tanks.
This is so true.

Mass turret/tank and waste 40 mins of a game.

09-07-2010   #12 (permalink)
Forum Operations Manager
Pouty Princess ☆
Special
Games

I'm still waiting for this and wondering if other changes are due to be in the mix.

While playing 2v2s and 3v3 with Mai and SlowBro, I'm starting to see Bro's side of defense with tanks.
But only when it comes to 1v1 matchups.

Unlike teamplay which is the best match ever; you have allies to help hold the fort and keep tanks safe from light units; allowing the tanks to decimate the armored units and advance without difficulty.

On the other hand in 1v1, a set of tanks alone can preform good harass, but now are susceptible to quick destruction if you don't protect them properly with hellions or marines.

However, I just hope that with the nerf that the friendly fire damage is reduced as well, because I've lost a fair number of zealots/lings due to ally tanks.
Which can really frustrate you; as your supporting units are simply fodder to the cannon blast, and sometimes that friendly fire can cost you the battle.

Last edited by Light; 09-07-2010 at 04:09 AM.