LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
08-04-2009   #1 (permalink)
Forum Operations Manager
Pouty Princess ☆
Special
Games
Guild Wars 2LuniaConquer OnlineElsword
Awards Most Valuable StaffAdmin AwardMoM AwardPervert AwardTHE CHAMP

Light is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervert
IGN: Light, Yucie
Class: Kanna
Level: 208
Default Starcraft II

I'm rather surprised that there wasn't a thread on this game yet.

I have to say I've been looking forward to this game for awhile, but due to the long wait and not many updates as of late, the hype is starting to die off.

The big news right now is that Blizzcon will have so much information about Starcraft II and it may be the day that Blizzard releases the public beta of the game.
I do hope so, because it's been forever.

The current news on the games progress is that the game itself is prepared to play, it's perfect already. (as of two months ago)
However the Battle.net 2.0 servers are not configured to handle the load of 30,000 potential beta players.

Since they have been working on the servers for two months now, it has to be configured. Which is why many speculate that they are holding back until Blizzcon.

How have you guys been doing with the wait? Still hyped as before?

Quote:
List of Starcraft 2 Beta Players:

SlowBro.raszgaal - Mongo
Yumiko.amiez - Amiez
Adun.adun - Adun
Noperative.evidorati - Noperative
Tori.torinyan - Toribear
Yucie.light - Light
STEPMANIA.whatthephuc - WhatThePhuc
Mai.mai - Mai
Animachan.animachan - Anima
RoflKnife.roflknife - RoflKnife
Calamity.calamityz - Henreh
Anruijin.anruijin - Nanaya
Kowiz.omc - Kowiz
SOSBrigade.epicfail - Faith
Sets.sets - k0n

+Rep if I help you. | Guides: Lunia's Client Editing Guide / How to ggFTW!

Last edited by Adun; 05-19-2010 at 08:31 AM.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
08-04-2009   #2 (permalink)
fat fat fat fat fat PIG
PROBLEMS BUTA?!
Special Games
Aika OnlineAll Point Bulletin (APB)Alliance of Valiant ArmsAsda Story

buta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond repute

I've so far watched the battle reports. And I gotta say that I really feel like I'll suck if I decide to play this online. >_>

A friend wants me to get it so we can play while he's off at college.

Micromanagement makes me sad. :|

08-04-2009   #3 (permalink)
Custom User Title

Bredgen has disabled reputation
IGN: iBredgen
Class: Sieg
Level: 75 RB

This game looks amazing.. i might give it a look... but dont know how much ill get into it. Not that into real-time strategy games atm.

08-04-2009   #4 (permalink)
Planeswalker
ggFTW Star
Games
ElswordDungeon Fighter OnlineDragon Nest
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerPervert Award

RoflKnife has disabled reputation

Play the custom maps then, that's where a majority of the replay value is!

And what, the game's already done but Battle.Net 2.0 isn't? That's......odd. But if that's true, then a 2009 release should be easy. How the hell can you take more than half a year to finish up an online network system? Unless they just developed SC2 without testing it...at all, or something.

08-05-2009   #5 (permalink)
Forum Operations Manager
Pouty Princess ☆
Special
Games

Light is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervert

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoflKnife
And what, the game's already done but Battle.Net 2.0 isn't? That's......odd. But if that's true, then a 2009 release should be easy. How the hell can you take more than half a year to finish up an online network system? Unless they just developed SC2 without testing it...at all, or something.
It's true, that's what Dustin Browder said.

As for beta, it is expected to last 4~6 months, and in intervals of each country.
North America for so long, then Europe, then Korea.
If they intend to release it before Christmas, then they have to drop the beta time, and that could lead to an unbalanced or buggy game in the conclusion, as they want it perfect for the final release.

08-05-2009   #6 (permalink)
Multi Class Queen
Games
MapleStoryEden EternalDungeon Fighter OnlineDragon Nest

Lilica is a jewel in the roughLilica is a jewel in the roughLilica is a jewel in the rough
IGN: Lurnabel
Class: Code Nemesis lu_lime
Level: 38

I've been looking forward to this,although its going to be hard to get used to the new units.All I know is,hopefully it'll be released sometime before Christmas of next year

08-05-2009   #7 (permalink)
Which hat should I wear?
Games
RunescapeMapleStoryPangyaTrickster Online

Vindicta™ is a splendid one to beholdVindicta™ is a splendid one to beholdVindicta™ is a splendid one to beholdVindicta™ is a splendid one to beholdVindicta™ is a splendid one to beholdVindicta™ is a splendid one to beholdVindicta™ is a splendid one to beholdVindicta™ is a splendid one to behold

Yeah SC is still on my waiting list, though not one of the top few.

There were little updates on SCII, so I'd figured nothing much to post about it.

I feel Blizzard is sorta "trolling" by splitting SCII into 3 parts.

08-05-2009   #8 (permalink)
(^▽^#)ノシ
Special
Games
Alicia
Awards Retired Division HeadPervert Award

Kowiz has a reputation beyond reputeKowiz has a reputation beyond reputeKowiz has a reputation beyond reputeKowiz has a reputation beyond reputeKowiz has a reputation beyond reputeKowiz has a reputation beyond reputeKowiz has a reputation beyond reputeKowiz has a reputation beyond reputeKowiz has a reputation beyond reputeKowiz has a reputation beyond reputeKowiz has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Kowiz

the 3 parts, is only for the storyline, I thought o.o

otherwise, you only need the one part, to play online

08-05-2009   #9 (permalink)
「 薬売り 」
Special
Games
Trickster OnlineEden EternalMapleStoryRagnarok Online

Kusuriuri has disabled reputation
Send a message via MSN to Kusuriuri Send a message via Skype™ to Kusuriuri

Still waiting, but I truthfully dont care that much right now. The less I care, the less anxious I am for them to hurry up and release lol.

モノノ怪

08-05-2009   #10 (permalink)
Which hat should I wear?
Games

Vindicta™ is a splendid one to beholdVindicta™ is a splendid one to beholdVindicta™ is a splendid one to beholdVindicta™ is a splendid one to beholdVindicta™ is a splendid one to beholdVindicta™ is a splendid one to beholdVindicta™ is a splendid one to beholdVindicta™ is a splendid one to behold

Yeah its for the campaigns only.

But that means having to spend 3 times just to get everything.

Money-sucking tactics. And worse, no LAN. Big turnoff.

08-05-2009   #11 (permalink)
Forum Operations Manager
Pouty Princess ☆
Special
Games

Think of the 3 games as Starcraft II and two expansion packs.
Also, having each story put on seperate disks, allows for more room for additional features.

For that reason, the 3 disks aren't a big deal, since they will take time to create the next expansion, and by that time you should be able to afford it.. heh

Also update from Blizzard today! (Finally)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
Today we announced that StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty will not be ready for release by the end of 2009. Over the past couple of weeks, it has become clear that it will take longer than expected to prepare the new Battle.net for the launch of the game. The upgraded Battle.net is an integral part of the StarCraft II experience and will be an essential part of all of our games moving forward. This extra development time will be critical to help us realize our vision for the service.

Our mission is to develop games that deliver an epic entertainment experience. As part of that commitment, we will always take as much time as needed to ensure that our games and services meet the expectations of our players and the standard for quality that we set for ourselves as developers. As we work to make Battle.net the premier online gaming destination, we’ll also continue to polish and refine StarCraft II, and we look forward to delivering a real-time strategy gaming experience worthy of the series’ legacy in the first half of 2010.

We will share more details about the beta, Battle.net, and StarCraft II’s launch in the future. Keep an eye on the official website at StarCraft II for updates, and as always, thank you for your continued enthusiasm and support for StarCraft II and all of Blizzard Entertainment’s games.

08-06-2009   #12 (permalink)
Which hat should I wear?
Games

Hmm?...

Delays eh? Foreseen, but early half of 2010? Cool.

08-06-2009   #13 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Blade & SoulDragon NestDragon SagaDungeon Fighter Online

Byuu is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Byuu Send a message via Skype™ to Byuu
IGN: Byuu
Class: Lots lt_guardian
Level: 20-30
Guild: Hurricane

all I have to say is dem Koreans.... oh god dem Koreans x_x

BYUU BYUU!~

08-06-2009   #14 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict

BeanMarine is a jewel in the roughBeanMarine is a jewel in the roughBeanMarine is a jewel in the roughBeanMarine is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to BeanMarine Send a message via MSN to BeanMarine
Guild: [JW]

I've been waiting for this game for such a long time. Admittedly, I'm not too great at micro-managing, so I'll probably die extremely fast if I ever play online >o>;; Game's looking good, though. I'm excited to explore new terrains!

Oh, and Kerrigan's hot ;o

08-06-2009   #15 (permalink)
Forum Operations Manager
Pouty Princess ☆
Special
Games

A lot of macro has been improved, and many fear that it's going to be more macro heavy then micro.
But we will see in beta.

08-07-2009   #16 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Lurker

NarutoAngel221 is your worst nightmare!

I have played Starcraft before and I can say that this is the best strategic games I am planning to play starcraft 2 when I am no longer busy ...Currently I am into Naruto games as well as Conquer online 2.0

02-16-2010   #17 (permalink)
Forum Operations Manager
Pouty Princess ☆
Special
Games

Those who haven't kept up with the news of Starcraft, should know that the Beta is this month, with the beta forums up and running, waiting to go.

What day it begins still isn't clear, but at least Blizzard gave us a confirmed date of this month.

The battle.net feature which is required to play the beta has had it's info released a week or so ago.
StarCraft II

Looks promising.

Blizzard has also made it clear that everyone around the globe will have the chance to play, and it won't be done as a country to country cycle as planned before.

Although I'm relying on pure luck to get me in, I don't mind watching vids.
Rather not spend 100$ on a key.

02-17-2010   #18 (permalink)
Forum Operations Manager
Pouty Princess ☆
Special
Games

Beta has begun, Blizzard just announced it's start a few minutes ago.
The first wave is getting their invites.

Unfortunately I didn't get in on this wave.

02-17-2010   #19 (permalink)
(^▽^#)ノシ
Special
Games
Alicia
Awards Retired Division HeadPervert Award

Kowiz has a reputation beyond reputeKowiz has a reputation beyond reputeKowiz has a reputation beyond reputeKowiz has a reputation beyond reputeKowiz has a reputation beyond reputeKowiz has a reputation beyond reputeKowiz has a reputation beyond reputeKowiz has a reputation beyond reputeKowiz has a reputation beyond reputeKowiz has a reputation beyond reputeKowiz has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Kowiz

Starcraft Method - Lumi's Livestream

02-17-2010   #20 (permalink)
Forum Operations Manager
Pouty Princess ☆
Special
Games

Protoss Music is great
Zerg music is good
Terran music is wtf?

It's country music of the terrans, doesn't seem fitting at all.

The announcer for each race sounds great, the Zerg announcer is excellent.