ggFTW

ggFTW (http://ggftw.com/forum/)
-   Starcraft II (http://ggftw.com/forum/starcraft-ii/)
-   -   Starcraft II (http://ggftw.com/forum/starcraft-ii/54074-starcraft-ii.html)

Light 08-04-2009 09:12 PM

Starcraft II

I'm rather surprised that there wasn't a thread on this game yet.

I have to say I've been looking forward to this game for awhile, but due to the long wait and not many updates as of late, the hype is starting to die off.

The big news right now is that Blizzcon will have so much information about Starcraft II and it may be the day that Blizzard releases the public beta of the game.
I do hope so, because it's been forever.

The current news on the games progress is that the game itself is prepared to play, it's perfect already. (as of two months ago)
However the Battle.net 2.0 servers are not configured to handle the load of 30,000 potential beta players.

Since they have been working on the servers for two months now, it has to be configured. Which is why many speculate that they are holding back until Blizzcon.

How have you guys been doing with the wait? Still hyped as before?

Quote:

List of Starcraft 2 Beta Players:

SlowBro.raszgaal - Mongo
Yumiko.amiez - Amiez
Adun.adun - Adun
Noperative.evidorati - Noperative
Tori.torinyan - Toribear
Yucie.light - Light
STEPMANIA.whatthephuc - WhatThePhuc
Mai.mai - Mai
Animachan.animachan - Anima
RoflKnife.roflknife - RoflKnife
Calamity.calamityz - Henreh
Anruijin.anruijin - Nanaya
Kowiz.omc - Kowiz
SOSBrigade.epicfail - Faith
Sets.sets - k0n

buta 08-04-2009 10:38 PM

I've so far watched the battle reports. And I gotta say that I really feel like I'll suck if I decide to play this online. >_>

A friend wants me to get it so we can play while he's off at college.

Micromanagement makes me sad. :|

Bredgen 08-04-2009 10:49 PM

This game looks amazing.. i might give it a look... but dont know how much ill get into it. Not that into real-time strategy games atm.

RoflKnife 08-04-2009 10:54 PM

Play the custom maps then, that's where a majority of the replay value is!

And what, the game's already done but Battle.Net 2.0 isn't? That's......odd. But if that's true, then a 2009 release should be easy. How the hell can you take more than half a year to finish up an online network system? Unless they just developed SC2 without testing it...at all, or something.

Light 08-04-2009 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RoflKnife (Post 924114)
And what, the game's already done but Battle.Net 2.0 isn't? That's......odd. But if that's true, then a 2009 release should be easy. How the hell can you take more than half a year to finish up an online network system? Unless they just developed SC2 without testing it...at all, or something.

It's true, that's what Dustin Browder said.

As for beta, it is expected to last 4~6 months, and in intervals of each country.
North America for so long, then Europe, then Korea.
If they intend to release it before Christmas, then they have to drop the beta time, and that could lead to an unbalanced or buggy game in the conclusion, as they want it perfect for the final release.

Lilica 08-05-2009 04:50 AM

I've been looking forward to this,although its going to be hard to get used to the new units.All I know is,hopefully it'll be released sometime before Christmas of next year

Vindicta™ 08-05-2009 07:13 AM

Yeah SC is still on my waiting list, though not one of the top few.

There were little updates on SCII, so I'd figured nothing much to post about it.

I feel Blizzard is sorta "trolling" by splitting SCII into 3 parts.

Kowiz 08-05-2009 07:15 AM

the 3 parts, is only for the storyline, I thought o.o

otherwise, you only need the one part, to play online

Kusuriuri 08-05-2009 07:17 AM

Still waiting, but I truthfully dont care that much right now. The less I care, the less anxious I am for them to hurry up and release lol.

Vindicta™ 08-05-2009 07:33 AM

Yeah its for the campaigns only.

But that means having to spend 3 times just to get everything.

Money-sucking tactics. And worse, no LAN. Big turnoff.

Light 08-05-2009 02:10 PM

Think of the 3 games as Starcraft II and two expansion packs.
Also, having each story put on seperate disks, allows for more room for additional features.

For that reason, the 3 disks aren't a big deal, since they will take time to create the next expansion, and by that time you should be able to afford it.. heh

Also update from Blizzard today! (Finally)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
Today we announced that StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty will not be ready for release by the end of 2009. Over the past couple of weeks, it has become clear that it will take longer than expected to prepare the new Battle.net for the launch of the game. The upgraded Battle.net is an integral part of the StarCraft II experience and will be an essential part of all of our games moving forward. This extra development time will be critical to help us realize our vision for the service.

Our mission is to develop games that deliver an epic entertainment experience. As part of that commitment, we will always take as much time as needed to ensure that our games and services meet the expectations of our players and the standard for quality that we set for ourselves as developers. As we work to make Battle.net the premier online gaming destination, we’ll also continue to polish and refine StarCraft II, and we look forward to delivering a real-time strategy gaming experience worthy of the series’ legacy in the first half of 2010.

We will share more details about the beta, Battle.net, and StarCraft II’s launch in the future. Keep an eye on the official website at StarCraft II for updates, and as always, thank you for your continued enthusiasm and support for StarCraft II and all of Blizzard Entertainment’s games.

Vindicta™ 08-06-2009 12:49 AM

Hmm?...

Delays eh? Foreseen, but early half of 2010? Cool.

Byuu 08-06-2009 01:10 AM

all I have to say is dem Koreans.... oh god dem Koreans x_x

BeanMarine 08-06-2009 12:24 PM

I've been waiting for this game for such a long time. Admittedly, I'm not too great at micro-managing, so I'll probably die extremely fast if I ever play online >o>;; Game's looking good, though. I'm excited to explore new terrains!

Oh, and Kerrigan's hot ;o

Light 08-06-2009 01:56 PM

A lot of macro has been improved, and many fear that it's going to be more macro heavy then micro.
But we will see in beta.

NarutoAngel221 08-07-2009 09:21 PM

I have played Starcraft before and I can say that this is the best strategic games I am planning to play starcraft 2 when I am no longer busy ...Currently I am into Naruto games as well as Conquer online 2.0

Light 02-16-2010 10:15 PM

Those who haven't kept up with the news of Starcraft, should know that the Beta is this month, with the beta forums up and running, waiting to go.

What day it begins still isn't clear, but at least Blizzard gave us a confirmed date of this month.

The battle.net feature which is required to play the beta has had it's info released a week or so ago.
StarCraft II

Looks promising.

Blizzard has also made it clear that everyone around the globe will have the chance to play, and it won't be done as a country to country cycle as planned before.

Although I'm relying on pure luck to get me in, I don't mind watching vids.
Rather not spend 100$ on a key.

Light 02-17-2010 01:34 PM

Beta has begun, Blizzard just announced it's start a few minutes ago.
The first wave is getting their invites.

Unfortunately I didn't get in on this wave.