Try 

Vindictus

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
05-15-2010   #301 (permalink)
:l
Special
Awards Retired Division HeadPervert Award

SlowBro has a reputation beyond reputeSlowBro has a reputation beyond reputeSlowBro has a reputation beyond reputeSlowBro has a reputation beyond reputeSlowBro has a reputation beyond reputeSlowBro has a reputation beyond reputeSlowBro has a reputation beyond reputeSlowBro has a reputation beyond reputeSlowBro has a reputation beyond reputeSlowBro has a reputation beyond reputeSlowBro has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noperative
Was doing some research on terran tech trees when an idea came up.

Is it a plausible move to actually steal both his gases early game so he can't tech up for marauders/reapers? It pretty much cuts up his advantage against toss, but feels a bit costly since cybernetics and your own gas comes a bit slower too.
Usually scouting workers come after I've taken my first gas... If you scout early enough to steal both gases, everything the protoss does after will be slow so the terran has two options :

1. Make marines and kill you. (marines actually have more dps/cost than marauders)
2. Expand easily and out macro you.

A good terran will scout and do one of these things. To even stand a chance at a double gas steal it would have to be a 2-player map like steppes of war or blistering sands..

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
05-15-2010   #302 (permalink)
\_(ツ)_/
Special
Games
World of Warcraft

Adun has much to be proud ofAdun has much to be proud ofAdun has much to be proud ofAdun has much to be proud ofAdun has much to be proud ofAdun has much to be proud ofAdun has much to be proud ofAdun has much to be proud ofAdun has much to be proud ofAdun has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Adun Send a message via Skype™ to Adun
Guild: [JW], Kirameki

I wouldn't fall for the gas steal as Terran either. I do opt to grab the first gas early on quite often, right after I drop the barracks in preparation for the Tech Lab.

Protoss gas steals are quite damaging because Assimilators have 450/450 health and shields. It can tank quite a lot. Yeah, the payoff is cutting your own economy a bit in order to cut his.

If anything, the tradeoff is equal and nothing changes, except each player has more minerals before they can get their other gas.

I was Silver in 2v2 Random and I got demoted to Bronze for some reason. Oh well. Bronze level has been extremely weird though. I've ended up going against 2v2 arranged teams in Platinum.

05-15-2010   #303 (permalink)
Multi Class Queen
Games
MapleStoryEden EternalDungeon Fighter OnlineDragon Nest

Lilica is a jewel in the roughLilica is a jewel in the roughLilica is a jewel in the rough
IGN: Lurnabel
Class: Code Nemesis lu_lime
Level: 38

My Client refuses to patch and just goes straight into the game,in which I can't play because its an invalid version.Help please?

05-15-2010   #304 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

evilxshadow has a spectacular aura aboutevilxshadow has a spectacular aura about

hmmm my bro gonna use amazon to pre-order, does that mean i wont get a cd key?

05-15-2010   #305 (permalink)
Forum Operations Manager
Pouty Princess ☆
Special
Games
Guild Wars 2LuniaConquer OnlineElsword
Awards Admin AwardMoM AwardPervert AwardTHE CHAMP

Light is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervert
IGN: Light, Yucie
Class: Kanna
Level: 208

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilica
My Client refuses to patch and just goes straight into the game,in which I can't play because its an invalid version.Help please?
what patch did it end on?
I may be able to get you some manual patches

+Rep if I help you. | Guides: Lunia's Client Editing Guide / How to ggFTW!

05-15-2010   #306 (permalink)
Puhi Puhi <3~

Maiyu has a spectacular aura aboutMaiyu has a spectacular aura aboutMaiyu has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noperative
Was doing some research on terran tech trees when an idea came up.

Is it a plausible move to actually steal both his gases early game so he can't tech up for marauders/reapers? It pretty much cuts up his advantage against toss, but feels a bit costly since cybernetics and your own gas comes a bit slower too.
Hmm...

Actually, it woudl be a pretty good tactic. For only 150 minerals, you're going to be slowing down the terran a LOT. Not to mention that it's reaper safe, and the terran will have to build marines to destroy the assimilators. If they pump marines, your zealots can just rip them apart, and you don't have to worry about any marauders.

The only draw back I can see to this is that your gateway will be a little bit late, and you'll be around 2 probes behind the terran player. But... it's still really not a bad idea.

Thanks to CherryPanda for an AWESOME sig!

05-15-2010   #307 (permalink)
Multi Class Queen
Games
MapleStoryEden EternalDungeon Fighter OnlineDragon Nest

Lilica is a jewel in the roughLilica is a jewel in the roughLilica is a jewel in the rough
IGN: Lurnabel
Class: Code Nemesis lu_lime
Level: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light
what patch did it end on?
I may be able to get you some manual patches
it was on 10 until this happened,and I sorta goofed it up by re-installing and now its at the first patch

05-15-2010   #308 (permalink)
Orange
Games
4StoryACE OnlineAdventure Quest WorldsAge of Armor
Awards Retired Content StaffFacebook Fan

Faith is a glorious beacon of lightFaith is a glorious beacon of lightFaith is a glorious beacon of lightFaith is a glorious beacon of lightFaith is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light
All you do is buy yourself a little time, while compromising your own ability to tech up.

You could argue that you only go for zealots, in which the idea is somewhat more plausible

Still.. the idea is crazy enough to possibly work, so give it a try.
Someone did it against me and ended up winning in the end because I accidentally left a little space when I built my barracks + supply depots...

05-15-2010   #309 (permalink)
Puhi Puhi <3~

Maiyu has a spectacular aura aboutMaiyu has a spectacular aura aboutMaiyu has a spectacular aura about

It's actually a pretty good tactic.

If I was the terran player, I for one would hate all protoss players who did that

Thanks to CherryPanda for an AWESOME sig!

05-15-2010   #310 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Trickster OnlineMabinogiVindictus

Toribear has disabled reputation

i somehow won a ffa game o/

Free for all rape.SC2Replay

05-15-2010   #311 (permalink)
hibernating
Special
Games
All Point Bulletin (APB)GunboundTwelve Sky 2Grand Fantasia

Henreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Henreh
Class: Bro lt_warlord
Level: 21

They put me in gold league for 1v1 QQ.

/loses more

05-16-2010   #312 (permalink)
【Sun Knight】
Special
Games
Dungeon Fighter OnlineEmil Chronicle OnlineGrand ChaseRagnarok Online
Awards Event WinnerMr. ggFTWMoM AwardSotW Junior

Noperative has a brilliant futureNoperative has a brilliant futureNoperative has a brilliant futureNoperative has a brilliant futureNoperative has a brilliant futureNoperative has a brilliant futureNoperative has a brilliant futureNoperative has a brilliant futureNoperative has a brilliant futureNoperative has a brilliant futureNoperative has a brilliant future

HDH Invitation RO4 NonY vs IdrA.

Match of the month cannot miss.

HDstarcraft on USTREAM: . Gaming Entertainment

05-16-2010   #313 (permalink)
\_(ツ)_/
Special
Games
World of Warcraft

Adun has much to be proud ofAdun has much to be proud ofAdun has much to be proud ofAdun has much to be proud ofAdun has much to be proud ofAdun has much to be proud ofAdun has much to be proud ofAdun has much to be proud ofAdun has much to be proud ofAdun has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Adun Send a message via Skype™ to Adun
Guild: [JW], Kirameki

mind=blown

05-16-2010   #314 (permalink)
【Sun Knight】
Special
Games

Noperative has a brilliant futureNoperative has a brilliant futureNoperative has a brilliant futureNoperative has a brilliant futureNoperative has a brilliant futureNoperative has a brilliant futureNoperative has a brilliant futureNoperative has a brilliant futureNoperative has a brilliant futureNoperative has a brilliant futureNoperative has a brilliant future

And the phoenixes were doing pretty damn well too.

05-16-2010   #315 (permalink)
hibernating
Special
Games
All Point Bulletin (APB)GunboundTwelve Sky 2Grand Fantasia

Henreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Henreh
Class: Bro lt_warlord
Level: 21

I want TLO to win but I like NoNy too...Idra is just the typical rage kiddy :U

05-16-2010   #316 (permalink)
You're my prince... =)
Games
Dungeon Fighter OnlineLeague of LegendsLuniaTrickster Online

Yumidesu has disabled reputation
Send a message via ICQ to Yumidesu Send a message via AIM to Yumidesu Send a message via MSN to Yumidesu Send a message via Yahoo to Yumidesu Send a message via Skype™ to Yumidesu
IGN: Amiez
Level: Bronze League
Guild: Titans
Xfire: pandaamy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henreh
I want TLO to win but I like NoNy too...Idra is just the typical rage kiddy :U
You're allowed to rage if you're good. K.

I really, really think TLO is awesome. /fangirl.

05-16-2010   #317 (permalink)
【Sun Knight】
Special
Games

I liked NonY's creative phoenix build though. It would have ended really well if he killed the den instead.

05-16-2010   #318 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Trickster OnlineMabinogiVindictus

Toribear has disabled reputation

god. i really hate facing fixed team of platinums when i'm at silver league with another player. this is to fffffing broken

05-16-2010   #319 (permalink)
You're my prince... =)
Games
Dungeon Fighter OnlineLeague of LegendsLuniaTrickster Online

Yumidesu has disabled reputation
Send a message via ICQ to Yumidesu Send a message via AIM to Yumidesu Send a message via MSN to Yumidesu Send a message via Yahoo to Yumidesu Send a message via Skype™ to Yumidesu
IGN: Amiez
Level: Bronze League
Guild: Titans
Xfire: pandaamy

@Noperative - What is this Phoenix build you speak of?

@Tori - >Implying 2v2 is any sort of fair/balanced.

05-16-2010   #320 (permalink)
【Sun Knight】
Special
Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amiez
@Noperative - What is this Phoenix build you speak of?

Made me shit bricks. Mind you this was before phoenixes got the move attack buff.