ggFTW

MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > MMO Games > Other MMO Games > Atlantica Online > Atlantica Online Character Types > Staff Class

League of Legends
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

League of Legends

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
02-20-2009   #1 (permalink)
WHAt
Games
La Tale
Awards Retired Wiki StaffEvent Winner

Chesters is a glorious beacon of lightChesters is a glorious beacon of lightChesters is a glorious beacon of lightChesters is a glorious beacon of lightChesters is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via MSN to Chesters
Guild: SOS Brigade
Default How do staff mains compare to others?

Wondering if switching from a sword main to a staff main would be worth the switch.

Does anyone have any info, tips, or experience on how staff compares to other mains, in the short-run and long-run (PvE and PvP)?

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
02-21-2009   #2 (permalink)
VIP

Tamiki will become famous soon enough

staff mains are good for support and for AoE builds.

Tips:
- get a witch, BT and a Art for your build because those will help yah grind your main alot faster.
- it's optional to get guard break for your staff main, but my build hardly ever use it in FL, so I might dump it. your choice.
- get a ded moroz's staff at lvl 95

PvE tips:
1 round: standard first attack
2 round: get Art to use insight and don't use magic for staff main and witch
3 round: get BT to use summon and don't use magic for staff main and witch.
4 round: use insight again if u can and get witch to use meteor and use scud last to finish off the monsters.

This way of fighting in PvE will able you to gain exp alot faster for staff main users, but this covers you until you reach level 100.

experience: my experience with a staff main was interesting because I love my staff main at the same time, but I also hate eet. The reason why because the staff main can't heal as well as an oracle and at time i wanna switch because of that reason.

short-run: the staff main can't do that much single damage until you get ded moroz's staff at lvl 95 and your relying heavily on eva scud till then. You gotta live with blessing, or you get a oracle.

long-run: well.... if you were able to reach lvl 100, then gratz, haha. The new skill that staff mains get are pretty awesome. The skill ish moar powerful than witches meteor and eet attacks twice. The staff main becomes pretty popular in FL for that reason. You can beast summon,insight,meteor, and flame shot all in one turn... if you set eet up right. xP

Got any more questions? Feel free to ask meh.

Last edited by Tamiki; 02-22-2009 at 12:05 AM.

03-26-2009   #3 (permalink)
I KNOW THAT FEEL BRO
Special

Shirakani is a splendid one to beholdShirakani is a splendid one to beholdShirakani is a splendid one to beholdShirakani is a splendid one to beholdShirakani is a splendid one to beholdShirakani is a splendid one to beholdShirakani is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to Shirakani
IGN: Kyoji
Class: Shootin' Mah Balls
Level: 130
Guild: Minerva

I'm always of the general belief that fighting with an AoE attack is always better than single targeted attacks, for very obvious reasons. My staff main is currently geared towards pure offensive, so i'm attempting to max Scud before i invest a single skill point in anything else. What i think though, is that if you want to play a Staff main, then you'd better be a fan of Scud and Flame Blow, as that's probably the only reason to play a Staff main.

Don't sword mains get an AoE attack? Break Down? Or am i wrong?...

Where do you get Ded Moroz staffs from? Just so I know when i hit that level.

03-26-2009   #4 (permalink)
Angelic Healer~
Games
Dungeon Fighter OnlineLeague of LegendsLuniaVindictus

Allea has a spectacular aura aboutAllea has a spectacular aura about

^ Dez moroz staff quest is the dinosaur master quest (level 88) I think which involves the volcano valley, I love using scud but I don't play Atlantica anymore because maybe it doesn't seem fun to me but yea. It's level 90 (not 95).

IGNs: League of Legends: Allea
~Arigato KratosAurion-san.

03-27-2009   #5 (permalink)
Lazy Lurkin'
Special
Games
Atlantica OnlineDofusTrickster OnlineRift: Planes of Telara

Javier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Javier
IGN: Ripchord
Class: Commando

I'd suggest passing on the Ded Moroz, because physical attacks are nerfed. You'd be able to do just as much normal attack damage with a regular upgraded staff, and you'd have much better vit (=more hp) and int (particularly useful for an mdef boost, and a tiny boost to skill damage). Ded Moroz gives pathetic vit and int bonuses.

It's the nature of my circuitry.