ggFTW

MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > Archive Material (Read Only) > Retired Forums > Retired Games > Wakfu > Wakfu Class Discussion > Sram

Perfect World
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Perfect World

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
11-13-2008   #1 (permalink)
Bob
I am Bob.
Special
Games
Trickster OnlineLa TalePerfect WorldRunescape
Awards Retired Division Head

Bob is a splendid one to beholdBob is a splendid one to beholdBob is a splendid one to beholdBob is a splendid one to beholdBob is a splendid one to beholdBob is a splendid one to beholdBob is a splendid one to beholdBob is a splendid one to behold
Default Sram Build

So, I have a Sram... Where should I put my level up points? @__@ Not used to having an assassin class.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
11-13-2008   #2 (permalink)
<3 Adun~

Gati is on a distinguished road

Srams usually go for pure Agi or pure Str. Agi for the excellent dodge and criticals and for your air spells. You would go pure Str if you want your earth skills to do more damage and these often out damage your air skills. Life is less complicated for a Str character, you don't have to modify your weapons because they are often earth/neutral in the first place. In Dofus, there were more air and water week monsters than earth and fire week, being Agi in that sense helps a lot.

11-13-2008   #3 (permalink)
Bob
I am Bob.
Special
Games
Trickster OnlineLa TalePerfect WorldRunescape
Awards Retired Division Head

Bob is a splendid one to beholdBob is a splendid one to beholdBob is a splendid one to beholdBob is a splendid one to beholdBob is a splendid one to beholdBob is a splendid one to beholdBob is a splendid one to beholdBob is a splendid one to behold

Ah, thank you . I think I`ll be going for agi... or str... or agi... @__@ DODGE OR POWA?! ... I`ll pick later. Anyways, thanks for the info again .

11-13-2008   #4 (permalink)
Multi Class Queen
Games
MapleStoryEden EternalDungeon Fighter OnlineDragon Nest

Lilica is a jewel in the roughLilica is a jewel in the roughLilica is a jewel in the rough
IGN: Lurnabel
Class: Code Nemesis lu_lime
Level: 38

if its anything like dofus,then agi would also help with dodge locking the enemy as well.Unless they removed this feature ;_;

11-13-2008   #5 (permalink)
Supporter
Special
Games
Atlantica OnlineDeco OnlineDofusEmil Chronicle Online

DarkMaverick will become famous soon enough
IGN: Fortify
Class: Grand Archer to_thiefmaster
Level: 54
Guild: iPie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gati
Srams usually go for pure Agi or pure Str. Agi for the excellent dodge and criticals and for your air spells. You would go pure Str if you want your earth skills to do more damage and these often out damage your air skills. Life is less complicated for a Str character, you don't have to modify your weapons because they are often earth/neutral in the first place. In Dofus, there were more air and water week monsters than earth and fire week, being Agi in that sense helps a lot.
From what I've seen Srams don't have any earth based skills in Wakfu. That and it seems like my Agi is capped at three times my level. So, even though I have 30 points in it, it only shows 21 under the sword symbol. Last level it was 18 and that number increased to 21 when I leveled and nothing happened when I added points.

Also, Repulsive Trap. I really don't understand how it works. I lay the trap, pass the turn, an enemy steps on it and pauses for a second and then continues on like nothing happened. The description says it should deal 10 and push them back 2 spaces.

Edit: I just leveled again and the Agi being capped at 3x your level is still holding true.

Last edited by DarkMaverick; 11-13-2008 at 02:16 PM.

11-13-2008   #6 (permalink)
Take it easy!
Special
Games
World of Warcraft

Adun has much to be proud ofAdun has much to be proud ofAdun has much to be proud ofAdun has much to be proud ofAdun has much to be proud ofAdun has much to be proud ofAdun has much to be proud ofAdun has much to be proud ofAdun has much to be proud ofAdun has much to be proud of
Guild: [JW], Kirameki

You'll still have the ability to dodge lock monsters (with Double if you have it), though other melee classes may become better at this than Sram.

We're talking about Wakfu here though, so Dofus tactics may or may not be applicable in here.

I haven't seen too many elemental creatures yet, and when we do, I don't know how we'll be able to check their elemental attributes because I can't run monster status inquiries during a battle, not even by highlighting them. You are only given the Name, HP, and Level. I hope they change that. Sram would be really dependent on that for AGI builds.

But anyway... Sram in Dofus were all about STR or AGI. You were more STR if you wanted to focus on traps (especially Lethal Trap at Level 100).

AGI Sram were awesome for bossing because you could use a Double to tank and dodge lock the target for range characters to easily pick off. The boss would be trying to walk towards weaker targets because the Double has low priority (in most cases) and would keep losing his turn, thus the term "dodge lock", for those who don't know.

I haven't tried the Sram class yet, but if they have a Double skill, then they could use this strategy in Wakfu as well, but there might be difficulty with the AGI caps; although maybe AGI equips can fix this.

Edit: Hope I sound alright. This post was disorganized. >_>

11-13-2008   #7 (permalink)
2 kawaii 4 u
Games
DofusWorld of WarcraftSword 2Soul Master
Awards Facebook Fan

kuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant future
Send a message via MSN to kuyaBaka Send a message via Skype™ to kuyaBaka
IGN: Unicornkitty
Class: Holy Paladin (PvE+PvP)
Level: Pro-level.
Guild: Get Some LLC

I recall there being an INT tree. Is it any good?

Diablo 3: 60 Witch Doctor; Battletag: Kebbysaurus#1662
WoW(US): Gishy(Mal'Ganis), Unicornkitty(Hyjal), Yigit(Hyjal)
tumblr? | twitter me timbers!

11-13-2008   #8 (permalink)
~Endless Witch~

Beato will become famous soon enoughBeato will become famous soon enough
IGN: Beato
Class: Witch
Level: 40
Guild: Moogles

Sram was my first class in Wakfu and I thought the weapon class was dependent on strength.
Nope, wasted 40 characteristic points.

SIESTA SISTERS~

11-13-2008   #9 (permalink)
Supporter
Special
Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adun
AGI Sram were awesome for bossing because you could use a Double to tank and dodge lock the target for range characters to easily pick off. The boss would be trying to walk towards weaker targets because the Double has low priority (in most cases) and would keep losing his turn, thus the term "dodge lock", for those who don't know.
Double is still an ability though getting it looks to be quite the pain. There's a Support skill tree and the first skill Dodge levels rather slowly and isn't highly useful at first. But once you get Dodge to level 5, Invisibility and Diversion get unlocked both of which are great for setting up the 'Deal more damage from behind' skills.

Anyways, I'll keep tinkering around and reporting what I find back here. This also reminds me that I should update my IGN in the other thread. Darkmavs for those who don't feel like looking over there.

Edit: 3x Agi cap is still there. Also, how did traps work in Dofus? Because the one that I have is so hard to get it to work. Basically you target a panel and it puts 4 triggers around that panel. Only monsters can activate the triggers, maybe other players, and then the effect of the trap works on the empty panel that's surrounded. So, you have to target a monster, the 4 triggers will be placed all around it and then a different monster would have to step on one of the triggers before the one you targeted moves.

Edit2: It's just that one trap.

Last edited by DarkMaverick; 11-14-2008 at 01:51 AM.

11-13-2008   #10 (permalink)
Supporter
Special
Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adun
I haven't tried the Sram class yet, but if they have a Double skill, then they could use this strategy in Wakfu as well, but there might be difficulty with the AGI caps; although maybe AGI equips can fix this.
Ugh, as I just found out Agi equips won't get you past the 3x level cap. ;_;

11-15-2008   #11 (permalink)
Take it easy!
Special
Games
World of Warcraft

Adun has much to be proud ofAdun has much to be proud ofAdun has much to be proud ofAdun has much to be proud ofAdun has much to be proud ofAdun has much to be proud ofAdun has much to be proud ofAdun has much to be proud ofAdun has much to be proud ofAdun has much to be proud of
Guild: [JW], Kirameki

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkMaverick
Edit: 3x Agi cap is still there. Also, how did traps work in Dofus? Because the one that I have is so hard to get it to work. Basically you target a panel and it puts 4 triggers around that panel. Only monsters can activate the triggers, maybe other players, and then the effect of the trap works on the empty panel that's surrounded. So, you have to target a monster, the 4 triggers will be placed all around it and then a different monster would have to step on one of the triggers before the one you targeted moves.

Edit2: It's just that one trap.
All traps in Dofus worked the same way. You plant it then move away. If a target moves adjacent to it, they immediately trigger it and their movement is interrupted, ending their turn. What you're describing sounds awfully difficult to use whatsoever.

With these AGI caps, it might be hard to dodgelock in this game...

04-28-2009   #12 (permalink)
MMOG Lurker

jk93blue is on a distinguished road

Hmm, that's strange... I invest all my stats on chance. Seems to me like water-based Srams are the strongest. Lethal contact with double daggers is quite deadly.