ggFTW

MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > Archive Material (Read Only) > Retired Forums > Retired Games > Soul of the Ultimate Nation

Elsword
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Elsword

Rating:  

LinkBack (1) Thread Tools Display Modes
09-04-2009   #21 (permalink)
Derpin' Herpin'
Games
LuniaSD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterRusty HeartsAika Online
Awards MoM AwardPervert Award

Metty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant future
Send a message via Skype™ to Metty

"One minute remaining on download."

"Hmm might as well head over to the SUN page."

*Firefox crashes*

"Three hours remaining on download."

Screw you IJJI you already crash my browser.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
09-04-2009   #22 (permalink)
Belieb!
Games
Bloodline ChampionsLeague of LegendsRift: Planes of TelaraS4 League

JustinBieber is a splendid one to beholdJustinBieber is a splendid one to beholdJustinBieber is a splendid one to beholdJustinBieber is a splendid one to beholdJustinBieber is a splendid one to beholdJustinBieber is a splendid one to beholdJustinBieber is a splendid one to beholdJustinBieber is a splendid one to behold
IGN: coolbeans
Class: boss lt_gunslinger
Level: ∞
Guild: kool kids klub

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metty
"One minute remaining on download."

"Hmm might as well head over to the SUN page."

*Firefox crashes*

"Three hours remaining on download."

Screw you IJJI you already crash my browser.
Ouch. :x

45 minutes left for me.

09-04-2009   #23 (permalink)
Derpin' Herpin'
Games

Metty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by LolWut
Ouch. :x

45 minutes left for me.
Installed reactor... 1meg download speed. Be done in 30 minutes at this rate now... God I hate IJJI at times. Oh well back to making way too much toast on brown bread and watch House reruns... As it drops back down to 300kbs.

09-04-2009   #24 (permalink)
Belieb!
Games

JustinBieber is a splendid one to beholdJustinBieber is a splendid one to beholdJustinBieber is a splendid one to beholdJustinBieber is a splendid one to beholdJustinBieber is a splendid one to beholdJustinBieber is a splendid one to beholdJustinBieber is a splendid one to beholdJustinBieber is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metty
Installed reactor... 1meg download speed. Be done in 30 minutes at this rate now... God I hate IJJI at times. Oh well back to making way too much toast on brown bread and watch House reruns... As it drops back down to 300kbs.
At first I went at around 700kbs, then it slowed all the way down to around 200. ;_;

09-04-2009   #25 (permalink)
Derpin' Herpin'
Games

Quote:
At first I went at around 700kbs, then it slowed all the way down to around 200. ;_;
Guess I'll play some L4D single player while waiting, growing tired of watching House :<

inb4 someone stole the name Metty.

09-04-2009   #26 (permalink)
Belieb!
Games

Installing! /o/

Done installing! Gonna go play CoD now though.

Last edited by JustinBieber; 09-04-2009 at 04:51 PM.

09-04-2009   #27 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Addict

Kupo is on a distinguished road

D: I went to do the evil sorcerer quest and guess what? It breaks...

Pull the lever to open the door, party member goes inside and the door closes behind, leaving me. He instantly dies and I'm stuck. Sigh. The dungeons take a while.

09-04-2009   #28 (permalink)
Planeswalker
ggFTW Star
Games
ElswordDungeon Fighter OnlineDragon Nest
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerPervert Award

RoflKnife has disabled reputation

Ugh, another generic RPG. I thought it was an action RPG by the trailers. Nope. At least it learned from other RPGs. But then again, it fails a lot.

Shitty jumping that after a certain distance, makes you drop like a rock like you hit a wall for some reason. It's glitchyish and jumps are never suited for RPG's that aren't, you know, free roaming. Jumps + Invisible boundries = no. Just...no.

Very...friggen...boring...combat. I really hate seeing my character...do the exact...3 swing...slash combo...OVER. AND OVER AGAIN. Like...jesus christ, at least other RPG's cycle randomly between like 5 animations. It's really tedious and boring to click on a monster and watch your character attack.

This game tries to replicate a dungeon system like Dungeons and Dragons online. Very interactive, (Fun?) dungeons, with voice/text narration of stuff. But it fails on that. Very. Badly. It's done half assed.

Game is also ****ing spawn happy. Like...shit, the first 2 dungeons....Basically all events = spawning of monsters...god dammit, no, it just makes the dungeon longer, more boring and tedious, ugh... In the second dungeon, shit just kept spawning, or respawning, and I'm sitting here playing the game going: "Jesus friggen christ, where the hell are you all coming from? Stop ****ing respawning or spawning, I'm tired of ****ing backtracking and seeing more monsters, or getting ambushed. Shit, you just randomly keep spawning friggen monsters after every damn event or path I go through."

Equipments don't make any sense to me either. 2 same items, except 1 with a +1 or +2 at the end, have different stats. The +1/2 has the higher stats, right? No. Sometimes the +1/2 would have lower stats. What the hell? How does that make any friggen sense at all? I...don't get this.

And the good things about the game......uh. Well. It has voices, that's always nice. Also has learned that we don't like trying to figure out where to find quests, or where to do quests, and gives us quest tracker thingys.

...Yeah.

09-04-2009   #29 (permalink)
Derpin' Herpin'
Games

Nevermind I had to actually go past the hideous resolution they put on by default. Still put off by not being able to do my own keybinds. Seriously A and D for turning? Does IJJI know nothing of what goes on A and D? Now to hope there is a config file when you install the game to fix IJJIs glaring mistakes...

Last edited by Metty; 09-04-2009 at 07:11 PM.

09-04-2009   #30 (permalink)
Belieb!
Games

Game reminds me of Cabal... ugh. ;_;

09-04-2009   #31 (permalink)
situation walkspace
Awards Retired Division HeadEvent WinnerSotW BeginnerPervert Award

mamoru has a reputation beyond reputemamoru has a reputation beyond reputemamoru has a reputation beyond reputemamoru has a reputation beyond reputemamoru has a reputation beyond reputemamoru has a reputation beyond reputemamoru has a reputation beyond reputemamoru has a reputation beyond reputemamoru has a reputation beyond reputemamoru has a reputation beyond reputemamoru has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Moli
Class: Kardashian to_primadonna
Guild: Hores
Xfire: logicks

the music is god awful. haven't played enough to get to the dungeons yet though, the npc walk back and forth quests made me bored

09-05-2009   #32 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Addict

Kupo is on a distinguished road

I've heard today of people already finishing all the content?? They said it can only take a day if you rush through everything...

I think? They updated?

Not sure what changes they made.

Last edited by Kupo; 09-05-2009 at 07:07 AM.

09-05-2009   #33 (permalink)
Bleughhh
Games
Grand ChaseElswordLeague of LegendsEden Eternal

Kenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant future
IGN: Kenzor

i played the game and i feel kinda bored of it, it just feels like another point-and-click game except with exaggerated fighting styles

09-05-2009   #34 (permalink)
Belieb!
Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenzor
i played the game and i feel kinda bored of it, it just feels like another point-and-click game except with exaggerated fighting styles
Sort of like... CABAL. `-`

09-05-2009   #35 (permalink)
too much effort
Games
SD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterAtlantica OnlineGlobal AgendaUrban Rivals

WhatThePho is a splendid one to beholdWhatThePho is a splendid one to beholdWhatThePho is a splendid one to beholdWhatThePho is a splendid one to beholdWhatThePho is a splendid one to beholdWhatThePho is a splendid one to beholdWhatThePho is a splendid one to beholdWhatThePho is a splendid one to behold
IGN: WhatThePho
Class: Maniac
Guild: Mooglets v1.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by orphan
the music is god awful. haven't played enough to get to the dungeons yet though, the npc walk back and forth quests made me bored
So like someone let me know of a free MMO that doesn't involve walking back and forth between quests, lolz.

09-05-2009   #36 (permalink)
Belieb!
Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrClastro
So like someone let me know of a free MMO that doesn't involve walking back and forth between quests, lolz.
LUNIA.

You do the quest and when the stage is over, you're taken back to the beginning where you got the quest! 8D

09-05-2009   #37 (permalink)
too much effort
Games
SD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterAtlantica OnlineGlobal AgendaUrban Rivals

WhatThePho is a splendid one to beholdWhatThePho is a splendid one to beholdWhatThePho is a splendid one to beholdWhatThePho is a splendid one to beholdWhatThePho is a splendid one to beholdWhatThePho is a splendid one to beholdWhatThePho is a splendid one to beholdWhatThePho is a splendid one to behold
IGN: WhatThePho
Class: Maniac
Guild: Mooglets v1.1

Quote:
LUNIA.

You do the quest and when the stage is over, you're taken back to the beginning where you got the quest! 8D
Rant section.

hi.

09-05-2009   #38 (permalink)
Bleughhh
Games
Grand ChaseElswordLeague of LegendsEden Eternal

Kenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant future
IGN: Kenzor

Quote:
Sort of like... CABAL. `-`
yeah, this game does feel like Cabal to me, except its less flashy and not futuristic

09-06-2009   #39 (permalink)
Derpin' Herpin'
Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenzor
yeah, this game does feel like Cabal to me, except its less flashy and not futuristic
For the five minutes I spent in it it felt like KAL Online to me. Even uses the same graphics. Spent about an hour looking through the files it installed and couldn't find a single config file for controls. The .dll file called controls doesn't even have the keybinds in it.

09-06-2009   #40 (permalink)
Lazy Lurkin'
Special
Games
Atlantica OnlineDofusTrickster OnlineRift: Planes of Telara

Javier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Javier
IGN: Ripchord
Class: Commando

Interface kind of reminded me of Rohan. The classes seem relatively interesting (at least they made an effort not to go outright lol-warrior-archer-thief-mage).

However I noticed it was by ijji and therefore shall pass.

It's the nature of my circuitry.