ggFTW

MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > General MMO Community > Universal Guilds > SOS Brigade Guild

Aika Online
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Aika Online

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
07-20-2010   #1 (permalink)
doki doki freestyle only
Special
Games
Sword 2MabinogiTrickster OnlineRagnarok Online
Awards Retired Division HeadEvent WinnerGrand Signature Champion AwardSotW Beginner

Ascherit has a reputation beyond reputeAscherit has a reputation beyond reputeAscherit has a reputation beyond reputeAscherit has a reputation beyond reputeAscherit has a reputation beyond reputeAscherit has a reputation beyond reputeAscherit has a reputation beyond reputeAscherit has a reputation beyond reputeAscherit has a reputation beyond reputeAscherit has a reputation beyond reputeAscherit has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Ascherit
Level: weak
Guild: SOS Brigade
Default VN PROJECT: SOS: The Genderswap Chronicles

Now, before you guys tie me to a stake over a fire and demand fast release of this game...

Since I've decided to take over programming, this will essentially be a one-man project, so don't expect it to come out by the end of this year or anything. I would prefer to program the VN myself so I can work at my own pace without having to worry about my programmers going MIA or quitting halfway.

Ok, now on to the technical stuff

SOS: The Genderswap Chronicles
*ALL THINGS SUBJECT TO CHANGE AS I WORK ON THE VN*

VN Engine: Ren'Py 6.10.2
Projected Release: 2011
Genre: Comedy, Romance (both kinds, cough), Horror (only slightly), Action, Adventure
Plot: You start off as a young woman by the name of Dani, who suddenly falls unconscious after drinking a mysterious liquid on her counter top. When she wakes up, she finds herself in the middle of post-apocalyptic Earth, and she also finds out that she is no longer a she. You then play as Danny, a dashing young man who is clueless about his surroundings and require the help of local residents to survive and return back to his female body. Unbeknownst to the protagonist, the local residents happen to be Dani's friends before she fell unconscious, and like Dani, they were also genderswapped in this crumbling dystopia. Neither party have any memories of one another, so it is up to you to choose a 'friend' to trust and to rebuild those memories with until you are able to escape from post-apocalyptic Earth and return to your female body. Depending on who you choose to trust, you may end up living happily ever after or dead. Or both.
Characters: Dani (Danny), Geno (Me), Shani (Shnao), Sheep (Sheep), Shinkka (Shinkky), Finette (Fineti), ????, ???? (indicates surprise characters)
Teasers:

Updates:

7/20
* Began project
* Downloaded Ren'Py
* Learning how2program

8/1
* Geno expressions completed [4/4]
* Shani expressions in-progress [1/4]
* Sheep design in-progress
* Prologue finished (programming+graphics)
* Beginning menu/game layouts

8/4
* Sheep expressions in-progress [1/4]
* Shinkka design in-progress
* Splash screen/menu bg added
* Few technical adjustments made
* Preliminary bg music added
* Added legit teaser

8/21
*Shani expressions completed
*Bonus character #1 design+expressions completed
*Sheep expressions still in progress
*Shinkka design still in progress
*First path of the script being written

1/21
*First path legitimately being written

1/25
*Demo released! Download here: /forum/sos-brigade-g...ml#post1456161

1/10
*3 paths currently being written
*More characters added
*THIS HAS NOT BEEN ABANDONED

6/25
*Almost done with one path
*STILL NOT ABANDONED
*Expect official alpha version released next month

these swimming gays ruined my life

Last edited by Ascherit; 06-25-2012 at 05:30 PM.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
07-20-2010   #2 (permalink)
Anywhere But Up
Special
Games
La TaleTrickster OnlineRagnarok OnlineAion
Awards Retired Forum Operations StaffEvent WinnerEvent WinnerSotW BeginnerFacebook FanTwitter Fan

Yuki has disabled reputation
Send a message via ICQ to Yuki Send a message via AIM to Yuki Send a message via MSN to Yuki
IGN: Elysium
Class: Godmode
Level: ∞
Guild: Symphony

I want to be a characterrrrr /raises hands

[ ggFTW HR Operations. Yuki Designs. Rep Guide. Join Symphony. Forum Rules. ]

07-20-2010   #3 (permalink)
Don't touch 8|
Awards Retired Content StaffRetired Content Staff

Sheep is a jewel in the roughSheep is a jewel in the roughSheep is a jewel in the roughSheep is a jewel in the rough
IGN: Flarina/Lunata
Class: SHEEP/ ???? to_soulmaster
Level: 142/5xx
Guild: SOLOMODO/Wish
Xfire: !!! D8

Your maso knows no ends 8|
I understand the need to work at your own pace, especially with your hectic schedule; however, if you need any assistance on the programming portion of the project I can lend a hand. Just send me an assignment, a deadline, and I'll get it done.

But, if you prefer to one man it, go for it. It's your project and you're the boss o/ Good luck

07-20-2010   #4 (permalink)
\_(ツ)_/
Special
Games
World of Warcraft

Adun has much to be proud ofAdun has much to be proud ofAdun has much to be proud ofAdun has much to be proud ofAdun has much to be proud ofAdun has much to be proud ofAdun has much to be proud ofAdun has much to be proud ofAdun has much to be proud ofAdun has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Adun Send a message via Skype™ to Adun
Guild: [JW], Kirameki

Hahahah, I like the idea a lot. Good luck with this. Can't wait to try playing this whenever you decide to release it.

07-20-2010   #5 (permalink)
NYO~HO HO!
Special
Games
Dungeon Fighter OnlineMabinogiS4 LeagueSpiral Knights
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerWandering Eye

Dani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Dani
IGN: FearmyLEGS
Class: i shoot you lt_gunslinger
Level: E

I know you said you're onemanning it, but I still volunteer to colour your cgs.

MUST HELP LIGHTEN YOUR LOAD SOMEHOW ;__;

ggFTW RulesggFTW Eventscomedy.mp4
My fingers trace lines of azures and scarlets, following the viridian milky ways above
To the poetry of fourteen billion years of light that mellows my heart into a melody

07-20-2010   #6 (permalink)
how i shot gaem?
Games
Trickster Online

Sodacan is just really niceSodacan is just really niceSodacan is just really niceSodacan is just really niceSodacan is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to Sodacan Send a message via MSN to Sodacan Send a message via Skype™ to Sodacan

I'm totally one of the secret characters.

07-20-2010   #7 (permalink)
Don't touch 8|
Awards Retired Content StaffRetired Content Staff

Sheep is a jewel in the roughSheep is a jewel in the roughSheep is a jewel in the roughSheep is a jewel in the rough
IGN: Flarina/Lunata
Class: SHEEP/ ???? to_soulmaster
Level: 142/5xx
Guild: SOLOMODO/Wish
Xfire: !!! D8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodacan
I'm totally one of the secret characters.
You and Tea will make a cameo appearance as Bodygaurd 1 and 2

07-20-2010   #8 (permalink)
NYO~HO HO!
Special
Games
Dungeon Fighter OnlineMabinogiS4 LeagueSpiral Knights
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerWandering Eye

Dani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Dani
IGN: FearmyLEGS
Class: i shoot you lt_gunslinger
Level: E

Quote:
Sheep says:
*same
*DANI
*WE NEED A THEME SONG FOR YOUR VN CHARACTER
***********LEGEND of the LEGENDARY lunchbox is starting the phantasmagoria comic************ says:
*ok
Sheep says:
*if we can't help kait program
*WE WILL HELP HER FIND MUSIC
***********LEGEND of the LEGENDARY lunchbox is starting the phantasmagoria comic************ says:
*YouTube - Persona 2 Innocent Sins OST Maya's theme
Sheep says:
*YouTube - Blazblue OST - Lust SIN (Jin's theme)
*sobs ok
*go post exactly what i say
*because i don't want to double post ;_:
*lolk
Sheep says:
*IF WE CAN'T HELP YOU PROGRAM, WE WILL RIP YOU NEW ONES

/blazblue reference in there 8D
*i eman
*songs
*some songs
*no new ones
*;_;
*or ionno
shep told me to post dis

ggFTW RulesggFTW Eventscomedy.mp4
My fingers trace lines of azures and scarlets, following the viridian milky ways above
To the poetry of fourteen billion years of light that mellows my heart into a melody

07-21-2010   #9 (permalink)
MMOG Lurker

Harjiwan is on a distinguished road

I'm very curious to see where this goes

07-29-2010   #10 (permalink)
Benevolent Misfortune
Games
Ragnarok OnlineTrickster OnlineGunboundLa Tale
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerSotW BeginnerPervert Award

Sanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud of
IGN: Sanichi
Class: Scholar
Level: 50
Guild: FrenchBread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheep
You and Tea will make a cameo appearance as Bodygaurd 1 and 2
/lurk
So lucky Soda.
...Wish Yume was in it too though, I'd wonder how she would fit.

--Frenchbread is

07-29-2010   #11 (permalink)
doki doki freestyle only
Special
Games
Awards Retired Division HeadEvent WinnerGrand Signature Champion AwardSotW Beginner

Ascherit has a reputation beyond reputeAscherit has a reputation beyond reputeAscherit has a reputation beyond reputeAscherit has a reputation beyond reputeAscherit has a reputation beyond reputeAscherit has a reputation beyond reputeAscherit has a reputation beyond reputeAscherit has a reputation beyond reputeAscherit has a reputation beyond reputeAscherit has a reputation beyond reputeAscherit has a reputation beyond repute

Lol, all characters in this VN will be SOS-centric -- AKA only current members of the guild will be in this VN

So alas, no bodyguards will be involved in this VN (sorry to burst your bubble Sheep)

Last edited by Ascherit; 07-29-2010 at 09:38 PM.

07-29-2010   #12 (permalink)
wow so scare
Games
Emil Chronicle OnlineGrand ChaseMabinogiLa Tale
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerMoM AwardGrand Signature Champion AwardSotW Junior

Shnao has a reputation beyond reputeShnao has a reputation beyond reputeShnao has a reputation beyond reputeShnao has a reputation beyond reputeShnao has a reputation beyond reputeShnao has a reputation beyond reputeShnao has a reputation beyond reputeShnao has a reputation beyond reputeShnao has a reputation beyond reputeShnao has a reputation beyond reputeShnao has a reputation beyond repute

It's to make us feel special to be a part of SOS Brigade. Instead of ashamed.

07-29-2010   #13 (permalink)
Pandas!
Special
Games
AuditionPangyaTibiaTrickster Online
Awards Retired Division HeadAdmin AwardEvent WinnerWandering EyeTwitter FanPervert Award

Shiki has a reputation beyond reputeShiki has a reputation beyond reputeShiki has a reputation beyond reputeShiki has a reputation beyond reputeShiki has a reputation beyond reputeShiki has a reputation beyond reputeShiki has a reputation beyond reputeShiki has a reputation beyond reputeShiki has a reputation beyond reputeShiki has a reputation beyond reputeShiki has a reputation beyond repute
Guild: Symphony

Shrine maiden..

07-30-2010   #14 (permalink)
how i shot gaem?
Games
Trickster Online

Sodacan is just really niceSodacan is just really niceSodacan is just really niceSodacan is just really niceSodacan is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to Sodacan Send a message via MSN to Sodacan Send a message via Skype™ to Sodacan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascherit
Lol, all characters in this VN will be SOS-centric -- AKA only current members of the guild will be in this VN

So alas, no bodyguards will be involved in this VN (sorry to burst your bubble Sheep)
Sears always told me I'm part of SOS. Does that count? 8D

07-30-2010   #15 (permalink)
Benevolent Misfortune
Games
Ragnarok OnlineTrickster OnlineGunboundLa Tale
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerSotW BeginnerPervert Award

Sanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud of
IGN: Sanichi
Class: Scholar
Level: 50
Guild: FrenchBread

/sneaks into SOS
This VN still entertains me.

Spoiler!

--Frenchbread is

Last edited by Sanichi; 07-30-2010 at 07:12 AM.

07-31-2010   #16 (permalink)
ggFTW Moogler

BubbleMistress has a spectacular aura aboutBubbleMistress has a spectacular aura about

I can't wait to see where this goes. c:
Where am I now?
[?]

07-31-2010   #17 (permalink)
wow so scare
Games
Emil Chronicle OnlineGrand ChaseMabinogiLa Tale
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerMoM AwardGrand Signature Champion AwardSotW Junior

Shnao has a reputation beyond reputeShnao has a reputation beyond reputeShnao has a reputation beyond reputeShnao has a reputation beyond reputeShnao has a reputation beyond reputeShnao has a reputation beyond reputeShnao has a reputation beyond reputeShnao has a reputation beyond reputeShnao has a reputation beyond reputeShnao has a reputation beyond reputeShnao has a reputation beyond repute

^ Wow, you're still around here. XD Hi Ying!

08-01-2010   #18 (permalink)
MMOG Lurker

should make a gender swap of bubble 8D
She's been SOS for as long as I remember mang
We really appreciate the effort you put into this gina, I wish I could help in some way XP

08-02-2010   #19 (permalink)
doki doki freestyle only
Special
Games

Unfortunately, as much as I would love to include everyone in SOS, I am still a one-man army and therefore programming/churning out cgs would be a hassle if I had 10+ character routes to plow through. Character choices were based on whoever was in the msn group while I was discussing the initial idea of genderswap. However, I will consider the possibility of adding other SOSers as minor characters (ones without a route) with small cameos here and there.

Also, small update (look at first post for details).

After reading/skimming through the tutorial I've managed to lay out a basic script for the prologue and define some scenes/sounds.

I am slowly getting the hang of programming, so updates should be a tad more frequent (until school starts, that is).

Last edited by Ascherit; 08-02-2010 at 09:17 PM.

08-04-2010   #20 (permalink)
MMOG Lurker

You could get paid to do this you know