ggFTW

ggFTW (http://ggftw.com/forum/)
-   SOS Brigade Guild (http://ggftw.com/forum/sos-brigade-guild/)
-   -   VN PROJECT: SOS: The Genderswap Chronicles (http://ggftw.com/forum/sos-brigade-guild/79331-vn-project-sos-genderswap-chronicles.html)

Ascherit 07-20-2010 01:25 PM

VN PROJECT: SOS: The Genderswap Chronicles

Now, before you guys tie me to a stake over a fire and demand fast release of this game...

Since I've decided to take over programming, this will essentially be a one-man project, so don't expect it to come out by the end of this year or anything. I would prefer to program the VN myself so I can work at my own pace without having to worry about my programmers going MIA or quitting halfway.

Ok, now on to the technical stuff

SOS: The Genderswap Chronicles
*ALL THINGS SUBJECT TO CHANGE AS I WORK ON THE VN*

VN Engine: Ren'Py 6.10.2
Projected Release: 2011
Genre: Comedy, Romance (both kinds, cough), Horror (only slightly), Action, Adventure
Plot: You start off as a young woman by the name of Dani, who suddenly falls unconscious after drinking a mysterious liquid on her counter top. When she wakes up, she finds herself in the middle of post-apocalyptic Earth, and she also finds out that she is no longer a she. You then play as Danny, a dashing young man who is clueless about his surroundings and require the help of local residents to survive and return back to his female body. Unbeknownst to the protagonist, the local residents happen to be Dani's friends before she fell unconscious, and like Dani, they were also genderswapped in this crumbling dystopia. Neither party have any memories of one another, so it is up to you to choose a 'friend' to trust and to rebuild those memories with until you are able to escape from post-apocalyptic Earth and return to your female body. Depending on who you choose to trust, you may end up living happily ever after or dead. Or both.
Characters: Dani (Danny), Geno (Me), Shani (Shnao), Sheep (Sheep), Shinkka (Shinkky), Finette (Fineti), ????, ???? (indicates surprise characters)
Teasers:

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a7/...itvnscreen.jpg

Updates:

7/20
* Began project
* Downloaded Ren'Py
* Learning how2program
* /forum/customavatars/avatar29_26.gif

8/1
* Geno expressions completed [4/4]
* Shani expressions in-progress [1/4]
* Sheep design in-progress
* Prologue finished (programming+graphics)
* Beginning menu/game layouts

8/4
* Sheep expressions in-progress [1/4]
* Shinkka design in-progress
* Splash screen/menu bg added
* Few technical adjustments made
* Preliminary bg music added
* Added legit teaser

8/21
*Shani expressions completed
*Bonus character #1 design+expressions completed
*Sheep expressions still in progress
*Shinkka design still in progress
*First path of the script being written

1/21
*First path legitimately being written

1/25
*Demo released! Download here: /forum/sos-brigade-g...ml#post1456161

1/10
*3 paths currently being written
*More characters added
*THIS HAS NOT BEEN ABANDONED

6/25
*Almost done with one path
*STILL NOT ABANDONED
*Expect official alpha version released next month

Yuki 07-20-2010 01:37 PM

I want to be a characterrrrr /raises hands

Sheep 07-20-2010 01:41 PM

Your maso knows no ends 8|
I understand the need to work at your own pace, especially with your hectic schedule; however, if you need any assistance on the programming portion of the project I can lend a hand. Just send me an assignment, a deadline, and I'll get it done.

But, if you prefer to one man it, go for it. It's your project and you're the boss o/ Good luck

Adun 07-20-2010 01:56 PM

Hahahah, I like the idea a lot. Good luck with this. Can't wait to try playing this whenever you decide to release it.

Dani 07-20-2010 02:14 PM

I know you said you're onemanning it, but I still volunteer to colour your cgs. /forum/customavatars/avatar29_26.gif

MUST HELP LIGHTEN YOUR LOAD SOMEHOW ;__;

Sodacan 07-20-2010 02:53 PM

I'm totally one of the secret characters. :jj:

Sheep 07-20-2010 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sodacan (Post 1297013)
I'm totally one of the secret characters. :jj:

You and Tea will make a cameo appearance as Bodygaurd 1 and 2 :ok:

Dani 07-20-2010 04:54 PM

Quote:

Sheep says:
*same
*DANI
*WE NEED A THEME SONG FOR YOUR VN CHARACTER
***********LEGEND of the LEGENDARY lunchbox is starting the phantasmagoria comic************ says:
*ok
Sheep says:
*if we can't help kait program
*WE WILL HELP HER FIND MUSIC
***********LEGEND of the LEGENDARY lunchbox is starting the phantasmagoria comic************ says:
*YouTube - Persona 2 Innocent Sins OST Maya's theme
Sheep says:
*YouTube - Blazblue OST - Lust SIN (Jin's theme)
*sobs ok
*go post exactly what i say
*because i don't want to double post ;_:
*lolk
Sheep says:
*IF WE CAN'T HELP YOU PROGRAM, WE WILL RIP YOU NEW ONES

/blazblue reference in there 8D
*i eman
*songs
*some songs
*no new ones
*;_;
*or ionno
shep told me to post dis

Harjiwan 07-21-2010 03:49 PM

I'm very curious to see where this goes :jj:

Sanichi 07-29-2010 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sheep (Post 1297021)
You and Tea will make a cameo appearance as Bodygaurd 1 and 2 :ok:

/lurk
So lucky Soda. :psyduck:
...Wish Yume was in it too though, I'd wonder how she would fit.

Ascherit 07-29-2010 09:32 PM

Lol, all characters in this VN will be SOS-centric -- AKA only current members of the guild will be in this VN

So alas, no bodyguards will be involved in this VN (sorry to burst your bubble Sheep)

Shnao 07-29-2010 09:45 PM

It's to make us feel special to be a part of SOS Brigade. :jj: Instead of ashamed.

Shiki 07-29-2010 11:36 PM

Shrine maiden..:kamina:

Sodacan 07-30-2010 06:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ascherit (Post 1305700)
Lol, all characters in this VN will be SOS-centric -- AKA only current members of the guild will be in this VN

So alas, no bodyguards will be involved in this VN (sorry to burst your bubble Sheep)

Sears always told me I'm part of SOS. Does that count? 8D

Sanichi 07-30-2010 07:09 AM

/sneaks into SOS
This VN still entertains me.

Spoiler!

BubbleMistress 07-31-2010 08:20 AM

I can't wait to see where this goes. c:

Shnao 07-31-2010 09:06 AM

^ Wow, you're still around here. XD Hi Ying!

Harjiwan 08-01-2010 01:17 PM

should make a gender swap of bubble 8D
She's been SOS for as long as I remember mang
We really appreciate the effort you put into this gina, I wish I could help in some way XP

Ascherit 08-02-2010 09:12 PM

Unfortunately, as much as I would love to include everyone in SOS, I am still a one-man army and therefore programming/churning out cgs would be a hassle if I had 10+ character routes to plow through. Character choices were based on whoever was in the msn group while I was discussing the initial idea of genderswap. However, I will consider the possibility of adding other SOSers as minor characters (ones without a route) with small cameos here and there.

Also, small update (look at first post for details).

After reading/skimming through the tutorial I've managed to lay out a basic script for the prologue and define some scenes/sounds.

I am slowly getting the hang of programming, so updates should be a tad more frequent (until school starts, that is).

Harjiwan 08-04-2010 03:08 AM

You could get paid to do this you know :jj: