ggFTW

MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > General MMO Community > Universal Guilds > SOS Brigade Guild

Elsword
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Elsword

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
02-23-2009   #1 (permalink)
Don't touch 8|
Awards Retired Content StaffRetired Content Staff

Sheep is a jewel in the roughSheep is a jewel in the roughSheep is a jewel in the roughSheep is a jewel in the rough
IGN: Flarina/Lunata
Class: SHEEP/ ???? to_soulmaster
Level: 142/5xx
Guild: SOLOMODO/Wish
Xfire: !!! D8
Talking [SOS 団] Sheep's Super SOS Scholarships and Stuff

Well I've been thinking about this for quite a while and well here's what I have so far.

Since many of us are heading to universities soon, taking AP tests, and are just short on cash; I was thinking of some way to maybe help you guys and girls since I have known many of you for 3 happy years.

As you all know, or now you do know, I'm open most of the time to help you with questions or problems if they ever come up. My friends at school tell me why I care to much for people who may not exist, and I tell them "Screw you", because I probably have known a lot of you longer than I have known them and if anything I'm closer with guys.

So basically every super sheepy summer scholarships shall soon be showered and sent to sosee's. Okay it's not really that much since I don't have a job, but I can manage my finances quite well and somehow end up with extra money so here's what I was thinking:

Every summer on my birthday I will award the following to several SOS members for a prolonged period of time, unless I run into financial difficulties o_x:

I still have to get paypal, so for now I can only pay you guys in UGC's q-q but I'll have paypal by this summer!

For this Year:
SOS University Scholarships
Remember to apply ;o; I'll go create a guide for you guys when you are preparing so you don't make mistakes during FAFSA, College Admission things, scholarship programs, and etc.

When I get paypal I'll probably just pay for one of your college admission fines. After that I'll probably just give you guys roughly $20~$150 a year so you guys can eat lunch and pay for gas xD

SOS AP/SAT Test Aid:
AH, remember to register for your AP tests soon. My teacher told me to apply for mine soon.

If you're taking more than one AP Test, I'll try to send you some extra cash or look for ways to get you guys a subsidized test costs.

MMO loans:
I'll gladly get you guy's UGC's, Nexon cards, and stuff when you need it.

If I manage my finances correctly for the next 4 months, I should end up with a good amount to give out. If I manage to land a job or a paid internship I should be able to pay for your guys lunch the entire year =D

ANYWAYS, I just spent $600 on tests, school supplies, and college admissions so, unless your parents are paying for you already, I thought I would give a helping hand ;o;

Oh and any other ideas we can add? Dx

Last edited by Sheep; 02-23-2009 at 08:54 PM.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
02-23-2009   #2 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Regular

FullMoonWoSagashite is on a distinguished road

wow sheep i gotta say this is totaly awsome of you!!!and nice to know you really care about us to help to help in time of need.that being said i dont need any money(not going to college atm).jus though id say how awsome this was of you =D

02-23-2009   #3 (permalink)
doki doki freestyle only
Special
Games
Sword 2MabinogiTrickster OnlineRagnarok Online
Awards Retired Division HeadEvent WinnerGrand Signature Champion AwardSotW Beginner

Ascherit has a reputation beyond reputeAscherit has a reputation beyond reputeAscherit has a reputation beyond reputeAscherit has a reputation beyond reputeAscherit has a reputation beyond reputeAscherit has a reputation beyond reputeAscherit has a reputation beyond reputeAscherit has a reputation beyond reputeAscherit has a reputation beyond reputeAscherit has a reputation beyond reputeAscherit has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Ascherit
Level: weak
Guild: SOS Brigade

Sheep, you are the epitome of motherliness. ;_; Even my mom won't do stuff like this for me. (she believes in 'work for education' and such) This is really kind and generous of you. But please, if you're in a financial crisis, put yourself before us; your well-being comes way before anyone else's.

Also, I already have my AP test fee covered, so I'm good until Junior year xD

these swimming gays ruined my life

02-23-2009   #4 (permalink)
K1
???

K1 will become famous soon enoughK1 will become famous soon enough
Class: ??? lt_gunslinger

So kind Q___Q
[8:25] <Logicks> Nani
[8:25] <RoflKnife> mai hunni
[8:25] <Logicks> stfu hoar

02-23-2009   #5 (permalink)
wow so scare
Games
Emil Chronicle OnlineGrand ChaseMabinogiLa Tale
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerMoM AwardGrand Signature Champion AwardSotW Junior

Shnao has a reputation beyond reputeShnao has a reputation beyond reputeShnao has a reputation beyond reputeShnao has a reputation beyond reputeShnao has a reputation beyond reputeShnao has a reputation beyond reputeShnao has a reputation beyond reputeShnao has a reputation beyond reputeShnao has a reputation beyond reputeShnao has a reputation beyond reputeShnao has a reputation beyond repute

I think I got a cavity from all the sweetness coming from this thread. Heck, even the title made my eyes water a little. ./slapped

Thanks so much, Sheepy. ;_; Really amazed and grateful at what you're offering to us.

02-23-2009   #6 (permalink)
<3
Awards Event WinnerSotW BeginnerTHE CHAMP

Vaizado will become famous soon enough
IGN: Vaiki

pay for my diapers cuz i just shit my pants

02-23-2009   #7 (permalink)
2 kawaii 4 u
Games
DofusWorld of WarcraftSword 2Soul Master
Awards Facebook Fan

kuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant future
Send a message via MSN to kuyaBaka Send a message via Skype™ to kuyaBaka
IGN: Unicornkitty
Class: Holy Paladin (PvE+PvP)
Level: Pro-level.
Guild: Get Some LLC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senpai
Sheep, you are the epitome of motherliness. ;_; Even my mom won't do stuff like this for me. (she believes in 'work for education' and such) This is really kind and generous of you. But please, if you're in a financial crisis, put yourself before us; your well-being comes way before anyone else's.

Also, I already have my AP test fee covered, so I'm good until Junior year xD
This. ^

And really. This is real money we're talking about. If you need it, don't be too afraid to keep
it for yourself. It's yours', after all.

Oh, and that guide for signing up for college?
Do want. 8D

AP Tests? I've already paid mine this year. Next year, I'll only have to pay for 1 if I manage to tough out 3+ AP classes. So far I'm planning for English AP, Government/Econ AP, Calculus AP, Statistics AP, and Physics AP. I should be pretty set for what I need to take care of educationally. I mean, aside from that guide mentioned earlier. 8D

Diablo 3: 60 Witch Doctor; Battletag: Kebbysaurus#1662
WoW(US): Gishy(Mal'Ganis), Unicornkitty(Hyjal), Yigit(Hyjal)
tumblr? | twitter me timbers!

02-24-2009   #8 (permalink)
NYO~HO HO!
Special
Games
Dungeon Fighter OnlineMabinogiS4 LeagueSpiral Knights
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerWandering Eye

Dani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond reputeDani has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Dani
IGN: FearmyLEGS
Class: i shoot you lt_gunslinger
Level: E

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuyaBaka
Oh, and that guide for signing up for college?
Do want. 8D
Do want. ;_;

SHEEEEP WHY ARE YOU SOOO NIIIICEEEEE *shakes j00* ;_; This is super generous of yooooouuuuu

As Kai said though, you should put your well-being first. D:.. and lolol Kai's mom sounds like my parents.

ggFTW RulesggFTW Eventscomedy.mp4
My fingers trace lines of azures and scarlets, following the viridian milky ways above
To the poetry of fourteen billion years of light that mellows my heart into a melody

02-24-2009   #9 (permalink)
MMOG Lurker

Harjiwan is on a distinguished road

Wow sheep, you're really a one of a kind sheep
Don't worry about me, I've got my tuitions and expenses mainly covered. If you have any financial problems later on, I'd be more than happy to help since I'm working on becoming a part-time A+ certified technician XD

02-25-2009   #10 (permalink)
MMOG Lurker

MrCakes is on a distinguished road

This is awesome. Although they're not much use to me now since I can only apply for in-campus scholarships I'm still touched by the fact that you took the time and effort to help people out.

My new hero

Also since I already went through the pains of getting into University and paying the fees. Here's a few bits of advice from me.

University isn't cheap, so apply for loans as early as possible even though chances are you won't be approved for your first year (they assume your parents still support you). Depending on the province you come from (not the province you plan on attending University in, can't apply for loans there) registrations for loans start late February. The good thing about registering early is that the government will already have your personal information/paperwork so loan requests for loans in your later years will be processed much quicker.

And you're going to need loans, unless you're insanely loaded.

When applying to university they usually ask for the type of program you intend on taking, usually split between regular and co-op. Co-op allows you to partake in work as a trainee in your field of study. Which is a decent source of income ($25,000 to $35,000 for engineering in Alberta), and also work experience (needed to find a fricken job, the reason why you're in university in the first place, don't forget that). The downside to co-op is that you'll spend about 1/3 less time in seminars and lectures. Meaning a lot of self-study since you still have to take exams and graduate around the same time as the regular program students.

Hope that helped.

02-25-2009   #11 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Moogler

bahboh will become famous soon enoughbahboh will become famous soon enough
IGN: ryukai/Tokida
Class: Dark Lord/Boxer to_wizard
Level: 17X/7X
Guild: SOSBrigade

Q_Q sheep is such a good person....
don't you need to the save the money for your own college tuition??
i personally would feel bad from getting money from someone who also needs to pay for college ._.;;
oh, and how much is enough to be considered "insanely loaded" to not have to get loans?

Last edited by bahboh; 02-25-2009 at 01:53 PM.

02-25-2009   #12 (permalink)
MMOG Lurker

Arkantos is on a distinguished road

A nice way to help ^^
By the way, english universities' fee seems to be pretty expensive

02-25-2009   #13 (permalink)
MMOG Lurker

MrCakes is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by bahboh
to be considered "insanely loaded" to not have to get loans?
Graduating from undergraduate, about 4 years, requires $25,000 to $45,000 in tuition alone. Textbooks+Lab Manuals for each subject can go up to $150-$300 so cost for textbooks alone for one semester can easily cap at $800.

That's also assuming that you're living with your parents, if not it gets even more costly. You'll either have to pay for an apartment or residence inside the school. Standard rent for a 1 bedroom in Alberta right now is $1,100, residence is about $4,000-$,5000 per semester. Living expenses cannot get under $500 per month since you have to eat properly and go out occasionally.

If you're aiming to graduate with a Masters degree, that's an additional 3 years. With higher tuition this time.

And a Doctorate degree? About twice as much tuition as undergraduate, and depending on your area of study it can be about 3-5 years.

And of course it totally depends on the school, the costs I have outlined are for the average University. If you're going to a university that is very well known for a certain department it can cost a LOT of money. For example I have a buddy in Waterloo right now studying first year Mechanical Engineering, a department Waterloo is very well known for. He has to pay around $80,000 per semester. I also have a friend in McGill's Sciences department who plans on going back to UofA to study Medicine because it would cost him about $150,000 per semester in Medical school at McGill, while it's only $90,000 in UofA.

So let's say we're assuming you would want to get a Master's degree, which is the standard requirement for any type of decent white collar job. And you're attending an fairly well-known university away from home. You need about $225,000 minimum. By today's standards a $90-$100k/year paying job is considered to be high, and to save up $225,000 on that salary would take a minimum of 15 years, assuming you have a house to pay off, a car to maintain, taxes to pay (25-30% with a salary like that), and a family to support.

That was a hueg post, well anyways yeah. If your parents (or you, for some inexplicable reason) can dish out $225,000 over a course of 7 years, you're set.

Last edited by MrCakes; 02-25-2009 at 08:40 PM.

02-26-2009   #14 (permalink)
MMOG Lurker

Harjiwan is on a distinguished road

He's right, you know.
Good thing I already took out my student loan, because even with my parents' support, going into medicine ain't going to be no trip to candyland.