Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Prius Online

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
09-23-2010   #1 (permalink)
사랑해~
Special
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorEvent WinnerMoM AwardSotW JuniorWandering EyePervert Award

Aimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Pages aren't loading

I'm posting this for a friend on here; FlamesBlader, as he cant reach the site bug area because of this problem. (He's accessing ggFTW from the Netherlands if this helps at all)

Quote:
Since the recent update, some pages on the site haven't been loading. Member pages and some threads randomly stop working.

It's kinda on/off so I can get to things sometimes and other times it will take a long time to get anywhere.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
09-23-2010   #2 (permalink)
Crescent Fresh
Special
Games
Ragnarok OnlineTrickster OnlineLuniaPangya
Awards Facebook FanTwitter Fan

NoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to NoeJeko Send a message via MSN to NoeJeko Send a message via Skype™ to NoeJeko
IGN: NoeJeko
Class: Warrior lt_warrior
Level: 23
Guild: Kirameki

Last time we made a change with our CDN provider some members had this problem. We recently parallelized the CDN (about 6 hours after the new site deployed) so this could be causing the issue.

I can think of nothing on the site side that would be causing this; tbh this is really just a modified version of the old ggFTW theme. If it keeps happening after a day or two then we need to look at it.

In the interim, could you please get his browser, browser version, operating system, and line speed info? Please PM those to me. Thanks.
[ggFTW on Twitter][ggFTW on Facebook][NoeJeko on Twitter]

09-23-2010   #3 (permalink)
사랑해~
Special
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorEvent WinnerMoM AwardSotW JuniorWandering EyePervert Award

Aimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond repute

Okay, I've given the message to him. He has said that if he can access PM he will try sending the info himself, if not I'll be sure to do it for him.

Thanks

09-23-2010   #4 (permalink)
Crescent Fresh
Special
Games
Ragnarok OnlineTrickster OnlineLuniaPangya
Awards Facebook FanTwitter Fan

NoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to NoeJeko Send a message via MSN to NoeJeko Send a message via Skype™ to NoeJeko
IGN: NoeJeko
Class: Warrior lt_warrior
Level: 23
Guild: Kirameki

Resolved. Just in case anyone else has this issue, please try this resolution first:

On Windows, issue the following command as an administrator:

Code:
C:\> ipconfig /flushdns
On Mac OS, issue this command:

Code:
bash-2.05a$ dscacheutil -flushcache
This command flushes your local cache of DNS (the system that resolves ggftw.com to an IP address that your computer can use). To speed up page loads, your computer caches this information (stores a temporary copy -- fast) so it doesn't have to connect to the internet every time and retrieve the information (slow). This particular issue was caused by a stale (out-of-date) DNS cache.
[ggFTW on Twitter][ggFTW on Facebook][NoeJeko on Twitter]

09-23-2010   #5 (permalink)
私は君のためなら何でもする, my Love
Special

FlamesBlader has much to be proud ofFlamesBlader has much to be proud ofFlamesBlader has much to be proud ofFlamesBlader has much to be proud ofFlamesBlader has much to be proud ofFlamesBlader has much to be proud ofFlamesBlader has much to be proud ofFlamesBlader has much to be proud ofFlamesBlader has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to FlamesBlader Send a message via MSN to FlamesBlader
IGN: iFlames
Class: Any
Level: 30
Guild: Expired

God bless you, Noe / Paul.