Elsword

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
10-25-2009   #1 (permalink)
#1 Leon fan
Games
VindictusMabinogiLuniaElsword
Awards Pervert Award

PKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond repute
Guild: Titans/ggFTW
Default "Virus" Pop-Up

I'm pretty sure there was like a 1/100th chance of getting it but

As I opened pages I get some random "free" virus check from ijji.com. Now when I visited /ggftw (did just right before making this thread), it tried to give me a virus check and a spammed download of a virus.

Something called, Green...or whatever.

So must ggftw/I have to worry of this?

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
10-25-2009   #2 (permalink)
Snow Vampire
Special
Games
Atlantica Online
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorSpirit of ggFTW

Miyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Miyuki
IGN: Sarafina

Might, or might not be.

There's possibility that your HOSTS file being hijacked, or browser hijacker exists in your computer.

Try post a new thread on Technical Issues section, and please provide the info based on this thread.
/gg FTW! - Announcements in Forum : Technical Issues

Also, some notes regarding rogue antivirus
- /forum/technical-iss...e-av-rise.html

10-25-2009   #3 (permalink)
#1 Leon fan
Games
Awards Pervert Award

PKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond repute

Well I closed out of ggftw's virus bypass and after I scanned my computer (with Microsoft Forefront Client Security) I had no virus, so I should be fine.

I'm not sure about ggftw.

10-25-2009   #4 (permalink)
Snow Vampire
Special
Games
Atlantica Online

Miyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond repute

Possible, but do posts about it for sure.

Also, do you remember which page you're on when you got that pops-up? Also, do you open other websites or tabbed windows as well?

Still, this will be notified to Noejeko for verifications.

Last edited by Miyuki; 10-25-2009 at 06:05 AM.

10-25-2009   #5 (permalink)
#1 Leon fan
Games
Awards Pervert Award

I used Mozilla Firefox and set-upped a click shortcut on my bar (the one under the URL box). Yes I opened tabs. Everytime I open Firefox I open Ijji, then YouTube, then here.

The site I opened was leading to this :

/gg FTW! - Powered by vBulletin

The main head of all sections.

Last edited by PKShota; 10-25-2009 at 06:06 AM.

10-25-2009   #6 (permalink)
Snow Vampire
Special
Games
Atlantica Online

It would be helpful if there's other info such as the url of the pop-up, or screenshot of it.

Also, you might want to run a spybot scan just for making sure, and this issue has been notified to the site owner [Noejeko].

Also, probably it may come from ijji website itself, as you mentioned
Quote:
Everytime I open Firefox I open Ijji, then YouTube, then here.
You might want to send them email about this, too.

Last edited by Miyuki; 10-25-2009 at 06:25 AM.

10-25-2009   #7 (permalink)
#1 Leon fan
Games
Awards Pervert Award

Sadly I did not get the URL of the pop-up, because I forgot and the stupid rogue kept spamming me to install it `-`

I'll be posting this in the Technical Section too.

10-25-2009   #8 (permalink)
Crescent Fresh
Special
Games
Ragnarok OnlineTrickster OnlineLuniaPangya
Awards Facebook FanTwitter Fan

NoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to NoeJeko Send a message via MSN to NoeJeko Send a message via Skype™ to NoeJeko
IGN: NoeJeko
Class: Warrior lt_warrior
Level: 23
Guild: Kirameki

I've run a check on code displaying on /gg FTW and there's nothing here you have to worry about. Please continue to engage this with Miyuki as there's a possibility another site has installed something/hijacked browsers or network settings/etc.

[Forum Rules][NoeJeko's Blog][Guide Guide][TO Training Guide]
k0n: Explaining anything to ignorant people is the same as trying to teach a turtle to sing. At some point, it's just hopeless.

10-26-2009   #9 (permalink)
#1 Leon fan
Games
Awards Pervert Award

Quote:
Originally Posted by lol
does this mean you clicked
Well, yeah. I clicked the link to the Ijji forums and viola, there was that bothering virus. (closed out of that)

10-26-2009   #10 (permalink)
Snow Vampire
Special
Games
Atlantica Online

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessLenne
Well, yeah. I clicked the link to the Ijji forums and viola, there was that bothering virus. (closed out of that)
Highly chances that the malware script is on ijji's site, or certain scripts on ijji forums.

10-26-2009   #11 (permalink)
Angelic Healer~
Games
Dungeon Fighter OnlineLeague of LegendsLuniaVindictus

Allea has a spectacular aura aboutAllea has a spectacular aura about

Yea...I get those "virus" pop-ups on ijji.com forums as well, anywhere else that I go to (ggftw, youtube and etc.) no viruses. I think it's the 3rd party ads from the ijji website that generates those malware scripts...because even I get it on lunia.ijji.com sometimes.

IGNs: League of Legends: Allea
~Arigato KratosAurion-san.

10-26-2009   #12 (permalink)
...Wah?
Special
Games
Lunia

SkyAngelic is a name known to allSkyAngelic is a name known to allSkyAngelic is a name known to allSkyAngelic is a name known to allSkyAngelic is a name known to allSkyAngelic is a name known to all
Send a message via MSN to SkyAngelic
IGN: SkyAngelic / SkyDemonic
Class: Lunia: Sieg / Trickster: Temp DX Buffalo (Abusing Attr. equips), Dragon / Cabal: Force Archer
Level: 103, 69, 72, 104
Guild: Solstice

Yup, I've been getting 'malicious' detections from Ijji Forums too. As Allea said, it's most likely the ads.

gg Noperative

10-26-2009   #13 (permalink)
Snow Vampire
Special
Games
Atlantica Online

Seems like there's security exploit in ijji. If possible, try minimizes your access to ijji forum, or uses Firefox with no-script addon so you can allow scripts on certain websites you allowed in the lists to work
Firefox - Firefox Browser | Free ways to customize your Internet
No-script - NoScript - JavaScript/Java/Flash blocker for a safer Firefox experience! - what is it? - InformAction

Try to notifies ijji admins about this as well.

DO NOT CLICK ON ANY LINKS ON THE POPS-UP ON IJJI FORUMS.