Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
07-18-2008   #1 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Special
Games
Grand ChaseDofusLa TaleGunbound
Awards Retired Forum Moderator

CujoEX is just really niceCujoEX is just really niceCujoEX is just really niceCujoEX is just really niceCujoEX is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to CujoEX Send a message via MSN to CujoEX Send a message via Yahoo to CujoEX Send a message via Skype™ to CujoEX
IGN: CujoEX
Default Layout Problems

Before I begin, my display settings is on 1024 x 768 px on 32 bit color quality. Currently using SAPPHIRE RADEON 9600 ATLANTIS Graphic Card with the current up-to-date driver. My monitor is a 22" acer widescreen.

Problem
There seems to be a problem with MyMMOGame's layout; it doesn't fit.

---

Mozilla Firefox 3

• With Firefox, you'll notice the mascot is cut in half.
  • It's almost a perfect fit by width, but it's off by a few pixels, leaving a scroll bar at the bottom of the screen.
  • The characters at the top seems to be cut off as well.

---

Internet Explorer 6

• Compared to Firefox, the mascot seems just about right (first picture), but the characters at the top right (second picture) still seems a bit off.
  • At the top left (first picture), andrewsun logo doesn't have a black background.
  • The width seems to be wider than Firefox's giving me a longer scroll bar at the bottom.
  • Scrolling to the right (second picture), it doesn't have that blue background like it should, but instead, there's a big gray border which doesn't seem right.
  • The "Top" icons (looks like an up arrow) doesn't have a transparent background, leaving a gray backround like the andrewsun logo.

Grand Chase - CujoEX // CujoEXE
PlayTrickster - CujoEX
LostSaga - CujoEX

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
07-18-2008   #2 (permalink)
WHAt
Games
La Tale
Awards Retired Wiki StaffEvent Winner

Chesters is a glorious beacon of lightChesters is a glorious beacon of lightChesters is a glorious beacon of lightChesters is a glorious beacon of lightChesters is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via MSN to Chesters
Guild: SOS Brigade

About the background...

I do believe Noe did that on purpose. It may not look correct, but it's just how it is, as its best viewed with a larger resolution.

About the IE6 stuff....

I would suggest upgrading to IE7 to solve the transparency/border issues if those really bother you. I don't know any other way to solve that. :X

Last edited by Chesters; 07-18-2008 at 05:45 PM.

07-18-2008   #3 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict
Awards Retired Forum Management

sunchip will become famous soon enoughsunchip will become famous soon enough

the layout was designed to accommodate a perfect fit for the actual forum width content which is currently at about 1000px, so anyone using 1024x768 resolution will see pictures cut in half like you have except the forum content fits

any smaller resolution than 1024x768 will have have cut-offs on both the forum content and the images

all people using resolution above 1024X768 will be able to see the correct display, internet explorer 6 doesn't support transparency so we can't do much about that

each browser is also slightly different (actually IE is much more different than the rest) so there are some issues as you have encountered

Andrew Sun | Premier Wedding Photographer
http://www.andrewsunphotography.com

07-18-2008   #4 (permalink)
Crescent Fresh
Special
Games
Ragnarok OnlineTrickster OnlineLuniaPangya
Awards Facebook FanTwitter Fan

NoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to NoeJeko Send a message via MSN to NoeJeko Send a message via Skype™ to NoeJeko
IGN: NoeJeko
Class: Warrior lt_warrior
Level: 23
Guild: Kirameki

It displays as expected on FireFox. The issue with IE6 is not a problem with MyMMO, but IE6 does not have full support of .PNG images, so the backgrounds appear as not transparent.
[ggFTW on Twitter][ggFTW on Facebook][NoeJeko on Twitter]

07-18-2008   #5 (permalink)
ggFTW Supporter
Special
Awards Retired Division Head

Medoria is a glorious beacon of lightMedoria is a glorious beacon of lightMedoria is a glorious beacon of lightMedoria is a glorious beacon of lightMedoria is a glorious beacon of lightMedoria is a glorious beacon of light
IGN: Medoria
Class: Sorceress to_sheep
Level: 2X
Guild: Kitty Empire

why that resolution on a 22" monitor??? o.o
o.o

Kitty Empire Forever

07-18-2008   #6 (permalink)
Snow Vampire
Special
Games
Atlantica Online
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorSpirit of ggFTW

Miyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Miyuki
IGN: Sarafina

IE 6 is known to have problems [check other sites]

Upgrade to IE 7 instead.

On the site note:- Opera, IE 7, FF 3 works fine for me, tested ok.

Edit:- Ok, when it changes to 1024x768 res, it does shows the mascot cuts to half, lol

FF:-

IE:-

Opera:-

Last edited by Miyuki; 07-18-2008 at 07:20 PM.