ggFTW

MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > MMO Games > Lunia > Lunia Hunting Grounds > Sieg - The Knight

Vindictus
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Vindictus

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
09-21-2009   #1 (permalink)
Mega
Games
LuniaVindictusS4 LeagueDragon Nest
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerMoM AwardImage SleuthFacebook FanTwitter FanPervert Award

Donges has a reputation beyond reputeDonges has a reputation beyond reputeDonges has a reputation beyond reputeDonges has a reputation beyond reputeDonges has a reputation beyond reputeDonges has a reputation beyond reputeDonges has a reputation beyond reputeDonges has a reputation beyond reputeDonges has a reputation beyond reputeDonges has a reputation beyond reputeDonges has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Dezel
Class: Support lt_mage
Level: 30
Guild: Prisma
Default First Sieg Build!

I do have a level 60 sieg but most people dont know that! So I was watching Night solo Wildur and was like WOW he doesn't even have to get close half the time and he's doing 832932 dmg per hit!!!

So since I'm getting a bit tired of eir I'm going to give sieg a try.

From reading guides and everything this is the myth build I have come up with.

Level 70 (5 points for rb rage, will max some of the others with higher levels)

Lunia Skill Calculator(JP)

Level 80 (Still 5 points for rb rage, maxed other unmaxed skills)

Please leave comments, suggestions, etc as this is the first time I've made a Sieg build have pretty much have no idea what I'm doing!!

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
09-21-2009   #2 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

ShiningSeraph is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to ShiningSeraph
IGN: DivineWings, Moonlace
Class: Dainn, Tia lu_dainn
Level: 9rb87, 2rb82
Guild: Finale

IMO, you have a lot of the "not great" skills, such as New Iron Hammer and New Whirlwind Wave. While they are decent, their cooldowns are much too long. I messed around with them with a mule Sieg and couldn't bring myself to like them enough due to this.

My recommendations on your skill build:
- Max Cross Cut. Why not take advantage of the damage with True Rage if you are maxing it? It doesn't really make sense not to.
- 1 point in Blow and Counterattack. These are personal preference, but Blow is hard knockdown and it is good to use as an escape. Counterattack can save your life if you properly use it.
- At least lv2+ Iron Hammer. Lv2 stabilizes the damage, which is better; I would say max it because its damage potential is so amazing, hitting nearly 1000 x 6 or so at max. It's cooldown is one of the shortest of lv60 skills, as well.
- Take out New Iron Hammer and New Whirlwind Wave. Their cooldowns are too long, and by the time you have enough Dex in Myth, it still is too long compared to other skills.
- Crescent Moon Sword. While I like this skill, since it isn't physical, you could take it out to get more out of True Rage, but it is up to you. You could use Hurricane Sword instead, too, since it should be great in Myth; short cooldown, high damage (around 400 max?), and pierces mobs. However, I haven't really used it much and just couldn't get used to it.
- Whirling Sword. I would put at least 1 point in this skill. It's nice to have a ranged option that can hit multiple targets.
- Flash Fate. You could take this out or keep it; it's up to you. I didn't like it too much since it doesn't hit multiple targets like Whirling, but it does more damage and has more range.
- Kicking. Don't really need it, but it is up to you.
- Wind Kick. Up to you to utilize this with True Rage; it's pretty good at max.
- Flying Dragon Sword. I would recommend maxing this skill. It is a nice damage dealer.
- IMS. Lv4 isn't too shabby, but it does take awhile to execute. Again, cooldown staller/critical skill to use.
- Bless skills are up to you; I kept my Magic Defense at 3 to save points; will max later of course.
- HP Increase is not really needed; invest in it later if wanted.

That sums up my overview of Sieg skills in a stage/myth standpoint.

09-21-2009   #3 (permalink)
Mega
Games
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerMoM AwardImage SleuthFacebook FanTwitter FanPervert Award

Donges has a reputation beyond reputeDonges has a reputation beyond reputeDonges has a reputation beyond reputeDonges has a reputation beyond reputeDonges has a reputation beyond reputeDonges has a reputation beyond reputeDonges has a reputation beyond reputeDonges has a reputation beyond reputeDonges has a reputation beyond reputeDonges has a reputation beyond reputeDonges has a reputation beyond repute

Since I'm not getting any extra points at rb since I"m 60, I just dropped Crescent Moon Sword and got Cross Cut since it does about the same damage+lower cd+ less than half the mp needed.

Unless there's a MAJOR flaw or something in this one that I dont see I'll probably go with this one.

EDIT: Also I noticed I left 1 in Whirling sword, would that be good for like a low mp attack? Or should I just get rid of it and have 2 leftover points?

Last edited by Donges; 09-21-2009 at 01:27 PM.

09-21-2009   #4 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Well, I would highly recommend that you rebirth at lv70, unless you've already rebirthed and you already have those skills. (new IH and new nado) Otherwise, I'd omit them, but it's up to you since it's your build.

1pt in Whirling is fine; I use it whenever I need it. Since it can be canceled quickly, it has no real drawbacks.

09-21-2009   #5 (permalink)
Mega
Games

Well if I do wind up sticking with Sieg (which I highly doubt, but who knows?) I can always do surveys and rb again for more points or w/e.

Thanks for the advice!

09-21-2009   #6 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Lunar is a glorious beacon of lightLunar is a glorious beacon of lightLunar is a glorious beacon of lightLunar is a glorious beacon of lightLunar is a glorious beacon of lightLunar is a glorious beacon of light

as said above.. remove new ih or new whirlwindwave they both have 60 sec reuse and are elemental
imo one only, having xcut and more low cd skills in myth is useless as xcut goes down to like 9 sec reuse..

maxing normal IH is very beneficial in myth as the multiplier can reach up to 4x, 200 dmg x 4 is almost 1k more dmg per hit

also... from your post u seemed to like sieg because he doesn't need to get close... maxing xcut does not serve your purpose, rethink that

Last edited by Lunar; 09-21-2009 at 02:20 PM.

09-21-2009   #7 (permalink)
Mega
Games

I said he doesn't need to get close "half the time". I know sieg is a close combat person so since I see he has so many far range attacks made me want to try him out.

I dont understand why having low cd skills would be useless in myth if that's what does the most damage. If you could explain more please?

And I dont understand why people keep saying not to get new ih or new nados. From doing myth on my eir and seeing other siegs they seem to do really good damage with them.

09-21-2009   #8 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

New Iron Hammer only does 3 hits usually, no matter how big the target. The lightning doesn't hit downed targets, either. It's damage is mediocre for its cooldown time. A skill such as FDS, which has less than half of New Iron Hammer's cooldown, outclasses it substantially.

New Nado can do around 10 hits, so it actually isn't too bad to get, but CMS is better in that its cooldown is a third of New Nado. This results in more damage overall.

Pretty much, there are skills that can do equal or more damage with less cooldown.

09-22-2009   #9 (permalink)
Mega
Games

This is my new build that Ultra helped me with. I think I'll like this one better. Still keeping the rb IH cause I like it, but got rid of rb nado since I needed points for other things.