ggFTW

ggFTW (http://ggftw.com/forum/)
-   Sieg - The Knight (http://ggftw.com/forum/sieg-knight/)
-   -   [Myth] True Rage (http://ggftw.com/forum/sieg-knight/56852-true-rage.html)

Twitch 09-04-2009 01:06 PM

True Rage
 
After my next rebirth, I was hoping to change my build around to a more "Rage Centered" build.
This is more of what I was looking at. New Sieg Build << 5 points for True Rage, maybe.

My question is, is maxed True Rage worth it?
I use True Rage whenever it is off CD time and sometimes even normal Rage just to kill time until I can recast True, but the problem I find is it eats a lot of HP, and its eats up 5 points. What do you get with those 5 points? The same duration but a higher strenth boost.

I forget the numbers, but level 1, I believe is Str + 40 and it goes up by 40 until it is maxed. But is that Str boost really nessisary? Without True Rage maxed I could find the points to re-max counter. (Not that I use it, I can time it I just find I dodge more then actully use it.)

Just asking for what you guys think of the build, althought what you say will have no real impact, and what you guys think about True Rage in general.

Edit: Also, Provoke for a Myth build, yes or no? See this game has gotten so much eaiser, I find I never have a reason to use it. =/

Lunar 09-04-2009 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twitch (Post 964074)
Just asking for what you guys think of the build, althought what you say will have no real impact, and what you guys think about True Rage in general.

just love this...

max rage +200 str is any str important?

Twitch 09-04-2009 01:24 PM

Psh, of course the first person to post was Lunar. And that was for fun. =O

But I know str is like, the only thing to really have in Myth, but when you dig right down, that extra 160str, is really 4 skill points you could put into another skill to make up for the damage of the lost Str boost. Think about it, what are the pros of maxing True Rage?

Pros
- Additional 160 Str Boost for 1 minute.

Cons
- Same duration as lvl 1
- 4 skill points
- Higher HP cost

Gladiat 09-04-2009 02:07 PM

In Myth, any amount of STR is important. I had max True Rage, and I have 1.8k+ STR on my Sieg with my myth gear. I hit 2k+ STR, and my skills were close to triple damage.

I leveled it down, and I have around 1950ish STR with it buffed. My skills do like 222% damage, instead of the 292%.

It's up to you to get it, but since I PvP more than stage, it doesn't matter much to me. For Myth, IMO, it's a must max.

Twitch 09-04-2009 02:27 PM

Alright, but what about Provoke now?

Outside of Myth everybody is so overpowered it is of no use, and even in Myth Raids, its next to useless. Any advice on it? This is my intended build, but if Provoke has become useless to Mythers, I don't see a point in keeping it.

Build! =O << Posting again.

Twitch 09-04-2009 03:08 PM

Actully I was thinking about it, to get the most of Rage with the build above. Should I remove New Iron Hammer, and max Cross Cut?

Azuna 09-04-2009 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twitch (Post 964193)
Actully I was thinking about it, to get the most of Rage with the build above. Should I remove New Iron Hammer, and max Cross Cut?

Yes. RB IH isn't the best skill to have, considering its CD is 9 times (?) longer than CC's.

Gladiat 09-04-2009 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Azuna (Post 964501)
Yes. RB IH isn't the best skill to have, considering its CD is 9 times (?) longer than CC's.

It's 90 seconds, although it's going to be lowered to 60 seconds in a future patch... Crosscut is still better for damage overall. MP eater, but much better overall.

Lunar 09-04-2009 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gladiat (Post 964503)
It's 90 seconds, although it's going to be lowered to 60 seconds in a future patch... Crosscut is still better for damage overall. MP eater, but much better overall.

umm wut future patch we've already gotten sieg's buff patch


xcut is more for stacked monsters and bosses while new IH is for more spread out mobs
u decide.. u can probably max both if u plan ur build correctly

Gladiat 09-04-2009 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lunar (Post 964526)
umm wut future patch we've already gotten sieg's buff patch


xcut is more for stacked monsters and bosses while new IH is for more spread out mobs
u decide.. u can probably max both if u plan ur build correctly

Oh I didn't look at Sieg's rb IH yet.

Ultimaga 09-04-2009 11:05 PM

I prefer level 1, max isn't worth it for me.

unless that 200 str would put you over 2k/3k/etc.

Twitch 09-05-2009 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lunar (Post 964526)
umm wut future patch we've already gotten sieg's buff patch


xcut is more for stacked monsters and bosses while new IH is for more spread out mobs
u decide.. u can probably max both if u plan ur build correctly

I was asking because I had planned my build the way I play, but can only max one or the other. =/ (Which you would see if you actully looked at the damn skill builder.)

Gladiat 09-05-2009 09:05 AM

I'd take Crosscut. Rb IH is good for large areas, but CC still has a faster cooldown time... not to mention that it doesn't take long to push a bunch of mobs to a wall where CC can hit every single one every 6 or less seconds (Assuming you have at least 25% CD reduction)

Like what Ultimaga said: If you're a person crazy for STR or if it'll put you over the X,000 mark, get rb rage level'd up.

I don't see a point in provocation in Myth... I've never used it once in Myth and may never will.

Level 1 kicking is useless in Myth since you can't combo the monsters except in CoC, and even in there you could just use your really high damaging skills at max multiplier or just melee the mobs to death at a wall.

I haven't seen much of a point for magic defense either. In Myth 1 it's useless. Only use I've found so far for it is Foriel's swirly attack, ordeal and possibly Wildur's fire attacks (dunno if they're fire element). But it will screw you over on the explosion though (Launcher is wind element, and explosions are neutral).

http://lunian.genin.jp/calc/LSC/?nam...10-50101-01800

That's what I suggest. I don't think max whirlpool is worth it compared to max whirling, but it's your choice.

If you want whirling's damage, then just take out all but 1 point in whirlpool and stick it into whirling. Then you can add 1 in True Rage.

Just my few thoughts.

Twitch 09-05-2009 09:12 AM

I PvP my friends when I get bored of Myth, so Kicking is 1 cause it is my combo staple outside of Myth.

Magic Defence, has saved my ass about 10+ times at Foriel, sure I have to cancel Rage, but when I get a bit of famous ijji lag and end up in the middle of his swirls, I would rather cancel then die.

Edit: Somebody was telling me this morning, "I love Sieg in Myth3 because they can Voke." now, is that true, or just a pile of crap? I never see a reason to Voke in Myth...

Gladiat 09-05-2009 09:15 AM

Ok... then try this.

Lunia Skill Calculator(JP)

I would take kicking out... but since you're going to be using a PvP/Myth hybrid.. I won't.

Twitch 09-05-2009 09:39 AM

Whirlpool
- 5 hits / 15 hits per minute
- 3 casts per minute
- Lower MP cost
- Comboable

Also, the skill builders damages and MP cost are out of date, lvl 1 Whirlpool without gear is over 100~100.

Whirling
- 3 hits / 7.2 hits per minute
- 2.4 casts per minute
- Higher MP cost
- Comboable

Gladiat 09-05-2009 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twitch (Post 964981)
Whirlpool
- 5 hits / 15 hits per minute
- 3 casts per minute
- Lower MP cost
- Comboable

Also, the skill builders damages and MP cost are out of date, lvl 1 Whirlpool without gear is over 100~100.

Whirling
- 3 hits / 7.2 hits per minute
- 2.4 hits per minute
- Higher MP cost
- Comboable

Hm... I'll go check this if I go on later today.

GreenGod 09-05-2009 11:52 AM

You could replace whirlpool with Wind Kick too. It's better for Myth as it hits 7 times for 244-271 at lvl 10 (???-297 at max). Should be around 2k dmg at lvl 11 without STR, same cd as whirling and its mp cost is between whirling and whirlpool. IMS does more but its animation is longer. It would be better than wind kick in pvp though. (Blow -> IMS)

Twitch 09-05-2009 01:10 PM

Windkick and Whirling don't push back, Whirlpool does, not much, but it does. Windkick can also be canceled by the monster due the animation time, Whirlpool cannot or if it does, you just plain suck at timing.

Shadow5YA 09-07-2009 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twitch (Post 964136)
Alright, but what about Provoke now?

Outside of Myth everybody is so overpowered it is of no use, and even in Myth Raids, its next to useless. Any advice on it? This is my intended build, but if Provoke has become useless to Mythers, I don't see a point in keeping it.

Build! =O << Posting again.

Whirlpool sword may push slightly, but it's not good enough to max solely because it can slightly push. The duration for the full attack long compared to other skills you could be maxing. You can leave whirlpool sword at 1 if you love its miniscule pushing ability so much and maxing Whirling sword or Hurricane sword for damage.

The reason to max whirling sword for damage is because not only is it useful in both PvP and myth, the three hits come out faster and it has more range than Whirlpool Sword.

Max Hurricane Sword also works, because it does incredible dmg now and the fact that it can penetrate myth mobs and bosses just makes it even more powerful. It's also more useful in PvP compared to max Whirlpool Sword while still being useful in myth.

And provoke is never completely useless. It's never completely necessary, but you can still lure the myth3 boss to corner you at a wall while your other party members attack from behind. Having voke will also be beneficial in both pvp and myth.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:55 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.