ggFTW

MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > MMO Games > Lunia > Lunia Hunting Grounds > Sieg - The Knight

Prius Online
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Prius Online

Rating:  

LinkBack (1) Thread Tools Display Modes
04-18-2009   1 links from elsewhere to this Post. Click to view. #1 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Lurker

Cowkami is on a distinguished road
IGN: Guafeng
Class: Dainn, the Wizard lu_dainn
Level: 63
Guild: Celestials
Default Hybrid build rating

as the title says, would you guys please rate this build? It's meant to be a reborn-ed hybrid, but more stage focused build.

>>Here<<

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by Cowkami; 04-18-2009 at 11:32 PM. Reason: forgot the fact that the character was reborn ^_^'

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
04-18-2009   #2 (permalink)
Back from the Grave

Deity is on a distinguished road
IGN: BattleGod
Guild: Titans

This is the very first build I've ever encountered with no iron hammer lol

normal IH > rb IH.

Any build without IH sucks simply because Sieg's level 60 skill is just powerful and with the right combination of skills and equips, he's ultimately a boss-killer.

Max magic defense and play dead...trust me

I'll suggest completely removing rb IH from your build. It's not that great, read more about it in older threads. Maxing RB Nado is fine...it works well in myth because it flinches the mobs and it can get about 12 hits on Lunia. It works well on bonus too because nothing gets launched there.

04-19-2009   #3 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Gaia is on a distinguished road
IGN: Gaia
Class: Sieg lt_knight
Level: 7x
Guild: Kaizen

-Remove Hp increase, why because once u hit 65 your gonna have full AWD or Elf set or a mix or 4Pieces.
-4 in Normal IH(better for single monsters)
-1,6,max for RB nado
-RB IH is good if you know how to use it properly(dont hate on it cause it isnt the normal IH)
-MAx Dfist/Rb Dfist
-Max magic defense its worth it yes and max playdead is optional but max if u have the points.
Gholy: 5x Eir
MageRD: 3x Wizard

Guild: Kaizen

04-19-2009   #4 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Lunar is a glorious beacon of lightLunar is a glorious beacon of lightLunar is a glorious beacon of lightLunar is a glorious beacon of lightLunar is a glorious beacon of lightLunar is a glorious beacon of light

cause i'm bored and have nothing else to do
yea dont hate on RB IH cause it's weaker... it's not actually that much weaker (+ KL buffs it more, because it's so weak in terms of sp used)
rest the same as gaia says... hp increases are just so useless in stage
and i dunno y u'd want other than 1 or max for RB nado

04-19-2009   #5 (permalink)
Guild Leader
Awards Event Winner

ZeroKunoichi will become famous soon enough

Lunia Skill Calculator(JP)

A much better build for stage since almost all of your maxed attack skills arent combo able and most of them are finishers. NO point in lvl 1 whirling or windkick. No need for max HP increase thats strictly for PvP IMO. Rebirth nado not needed and lvl 10 fds + rage = mad damage. Besides it has such a low cd and you can use it to finish a combo as well.

04-19-2009   #6 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Lurker

thanks for the crits guys. however, there are still some questions that i have.

1) i've noticed that on the sample build that zero provided, health increase is at 0, but at the same time, the others have only said that max is not necessary. do you guys mean that the health increase is completely unnecessary and that the points are better spent elsewhere or do you mean that some points in that skill can be worthwhile but maxing it out is unnecessary?

2) why would lvl 1 of windkick be useless if it's only there to help continue melee chains? admittedly, i'm not very good at keeping up melee chains, but if it's there, it would help, right? I pose the same question for whirling as well. As I do still plan to pvp a bit, i read up on the forums and it seems like whirling is a highly recommended skill for that purpose, is it not? I don't think I really got the impression that it was supposed to be a main damage dealing skill, unless i'm just being a 'tard.

3) what should i do with normal nado vs rb nado? it seems to me from your responses that those skills are highly debated. aside from the fact that normal nado homes, is there a reason why i should not focus on just rb nado and instead split the points up between those two skills? my sieg's currently lvl 27, and i've maxed out the rb nado, and personally, i find it to be pretty useful, even when i'm just running through the stage and not at the boss yet.

and a final thought...is it just me, or does sieg have serious skill point issues in that nearly all of his skills can be considered useful, and if you're not careful, you'll end up being a jack-of-all-trades who's mediocre at everything? D:

04-19-2009   #7 (permalink)
Back from the Grave

1) Regarding HP increase...max is worthwhile but maxing it out is unnecessary. I max it on Sieg because personally I like having a ton of HP while I tank during stages.

2) I have level 1 Whirling and Windkick and I only use them for combo purposes. Even if it means knocking things back, I still find them quite useful outside of bonus and myth. Whirling is indeed a highly recommended skill in PvP, and you'll do poorly like me if you don't have it maxed (my only damage dealing skills in PvP are dfist and max IMS so gg). Max it if you're going to PvP often but if you really like to stage more keep it at 1.

3) We can go on for days about debate between the normal nado and rb nado. Splitting the points between these 2 skills wouldn't be a good idea (i'd recommend 4 normal nado and 1 or max rb nado depending on your playstyle). In a nutshell: normal nado is good for 1 v 1 (i.e. bosses) and rb nado is good for large mobs...whether they're all together or spread out. RB Nado wouldn't be a bad choice if you feel like you're lacking AOE spells with max CMS, but CMS itself would be more of a useful skill considering it's more useful outside of myth and bonus, and it has a lower cd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowkami
and a final thought...is it just me, or does sieg have serious skill point issues in that nearly all of his skills can be considered useful, and if you're not careful, you'll end up being a jack-of-all-trades who's mediocre at everything? D:
Just focus on 2 things: Burst DPS and tanking. Everything else comes after those two.

04-19-2009   #8 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Lurker

hm..after taking the things said in this crit thread into account, I've come up with a modified build.

>>Here<<

what do you guys think?

04-19-2009   #9 (permalink)
Back from the Grave

That's wierd... where'd the nados go?

*reminds you again to max m.def

04-19-2009   #10 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Gatts has a little shameless behaviour in the past
IGN: OptimusGatts
Class: Sieg - The Knight lt_knight
Level: 5X

if your going to be pvp ing a lot i would consider just leaving rb nado at 1. in pvp its ok not great and rb is usually turned off anyway. well, its a split but if its on u can pretty much just kicking rb dfist gg.

that would give u the points to bring up nado to 2 and max md or bring nados to four and max md by getting rid of Flash Fate.

I would also try to plan on lvl 75. Just because you are 1 level away from maxing RB dfist and RB IH and in pvp balance your skills wouldnt be so nerfed by lvl 70

04-19-2009   #11 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Lurker

@Gatts
well, the thing is, i was planning to 2nd rb at 70, so i didn't feel like there was any point in planning for a lvl 75 build yet. thanks for your concern tho

also, as i said before, this build was meant to be a more stage focused hybrid build. I kept the mdef at 3 because of the extra reagent. I know it's not difficult to get reagents now, but i still don't really like to carry around so many things, especially since i try not to use cs items, so once my free 30 day bag runs out, that's it :P
----------------------
@Diety
As I said to Gatts, i decided to keep mdef at 3 because of the reagent issue. it may seem trivial to you, but i really like to keep my bags as clean as i can @_@. Also, I decided to just focus the points into the rb nado, which explains the lack of normal nados. Would you mind explaining to me why 1-4:rb-normal nado skill distribution would work from a pve standpoint? I just don't think that a lvl 1 rb nado would be significant enough to warrant that one lone point in it. I'm also doing this because, well, I don't have any money to get a skill reset or another rb book to just start a new character.
------------------
As a side note to the cs issue... a better way to put it is that i'm trying to not to spend money on a game again, as last time i indulged in another game's cs items, i ended up spending way to much; foot in the door effect and everything ><;;

04-19-2009   #12 (permalink)
Back from the Grave

Level 1 rb nado has some uses in bonus. It does roughly 200 ish damage on the mobs at bonus 1 (majority, orcs and ogres) due to its elemental attribute. Outside of bonus, I only use rb nado to make bosses and certain monsters flinch (giant machines in 6-10L), which basically acts as one of those level 1 skills that provides cover / breathing room for the party. 4 Normal Nado on the other hand, is an extremely powerful tool to use against bosses, especially if you have the 2-pc AEH set in effect.

04-19-2009   #13 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Lunar is a glorious beacon of lightLunar is a glorious beacon of lightLunar is a glorious beacon of lightLunar is a glorious beacon of lightLunar is a glorious beacon of lightLunar is a glorious beacon of light

yea.. where'd the lvl 4 nado go.. that's a must for stages... it flinches myth monsters allowing ppl to melee and the mp usage is one of the lowest in sieg's skill list

as for hp increase.. so far.. is completely useless imo.. arien is supposed to be at the lower end for hp... yet my arien has 2.5k hp at lvl 70 this is without any good accessories
and that imo is the minimum a char should have outside of myth around 2.2-2.6k
i dont myth much cause ppl seem to kick u for being lvl 70 and i rather not farm l lir any longer and l soldin is just annoying when noobs lose
so i dont have opinion on hp in myth

IMS imo is just not a stage skill... it is a combo skill and most likely for pvp
it has no invinci frames making u waste mp a lot or... if u only use it at bosses it's better to save ur mp for the stronger skills

finally, seeing as u planned a max from a max of 11sp CMS meaning a future patch.. i'd say max mdef since that too will have no reagent use in the future

Last edited by Lunar; 04-19-2009 at 04:41 PM.

04-19-2009   #14 (permalink)
Guild Leader
Awards Event Winner

ZeroKunoichi will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowkami

2) why would lvl 1 of windkick be useless if it's only there to help continue melee chains? admittedly, i'm not very good at keeping up melee chains, but if it's there, it would help, right? I pose the same question for whirling as well. As I do still plan to pvp a bit, i read up on the forums and it seems like whirling is a highly recommended skill for that purpose, is it not? I don't think I really got the impression that it was supposed to be a main damage dealing skill, unless i'm just being a 'tard.

You build is geared more towards stage so why do you even have 1 point into WINDKICK..Whirling sword lvl 1 is useless in damage for MYTH. This is about when you hit Myth and where your WINDKICK and WHIRLING become crap since they are lvl 1.

3) what should i do with normal nado vs rb nado? it seems to me from your responses that those skills are highly debated. aside from the fact that normal nado homes, is there a reason why i should not focus on just rb nado and instead split the points up between those two skills? my sieg's currently lvl 27, and i've maxed out the rb nado, and personally, i find it to be pretty useful, even when i'm just running through the stage and not at the boss yet.
Normal Nado is to stay at 4 regardless since it's for stage. The RB Nado is totally up to you since it really isn't good for bosses unless you somehow manage to pull off a RB MAX Nado and voke them through it.

Depending on what you want to do on your knight, like STAGE, PVP or W/E it's with all classes. All classes have problems with SP.