ggFTW

MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > MMO Games > Lunia > Lunia Hunting Grounds > Sieg - The Knight

Vindictus
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Vindictus

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
03-24-2009   #1 (permalink)
You're my prince... =)
Games
Dungeon Fighter OnlineLeague of LegendsLuniaTrickster Online

Yumidesu has disabled reputation
Send a message via ICQ to Yumidesu Send a message via AIM to Yumidesu Send a message via MSN to Yumidesu Send a message via Yahoo to Yumidesu Send a message via Skype™ to Yumidesu
IGN: Amiez
Level: Bronze League
Guild: Titans
Xfire: pandaamy
Default I am severely disappointed in Sieg's DPS. >_>

Well, I had a 300% ticket and leveled my Sieg to 60 in a day, hoping to get a lot of DPS out of it. Well...it's pathetic to me. I understand that Sieg is possibly burst damage...but even Yuki has more burst than this. >_>

The only real skills that deal real damage (and I'm talking about on Lir/Rigel L/H. Not on Myth.

RB Dfist is nice damage. But only hits 1k-1.4k with a HUGE mana cost and long recharge. Dfist does 700. Which is okay I guess. WS doesn't do all that much.

Nados do a fair amount of damage, but they have a LOOOOONG recharge. RB nado is pathetic. Even on enemies that don't move...bleh. >_>

The only real burst damage that I can get from Sieg is IH - RB IH - Nado - RB Nado - RB Dfist - Dfist. Then I have to wait forever to get any real damage.

So...yeah. I wasted money on CS for him and the rebirth. : < /wrist

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
03-24-2009   #2 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

SilentSaber has a spectacular aura aboutSilentSaber has a spectacular aura aboutSilentSaber has a spectacular aura about
Class: MME
Level: -2147483647
Guild: YetAnotherUC

I could have sworn I've seen some ridiculous damages on dfists before in stages...

03-24-2009   #3 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Lunar is a glorious beacon of lightLunar is a glorious beacon of lightLunar is a glorious beacon of lightLunar is a glorious beacon of lightLunar is a glorious beacon of lightLunar is a glorious beacon of light

first u need to get to 66.. cause sieg still has the dmg boost at 66
yuki does not
sieg is yes.. very low in dps.. he's probably one of the lowest atm cause of the long cd's
but in just 7secs or so u can do.. rage IH (with elf) rb dfist dfist
that would be...
IH 1k x 5, rb dfist 3.9k, dfist 2.6k around
that's basically all sieg gets.
lvl 4 nado is quite high damage too
and for more damage i maxed xcut... with elf and crit i do like 700 per slash(or was that in myth... i forgot)

03-25-2009   #4 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Gaia is on a distinguished road
IGN: Gaia
Class: Sieg lt_knight
Level: 7x
Guild: Kaizen

If you were looking for a real pure dps class sieg shouldnt be ur first choice he has really good burst dmg tho if i remember right i did(at L.rigel) took out half his hp or something by myself.

In Myth IMO has one of the best burst dmg even if its every 5 mins.

Yuki right now is the best/better one but she has hardly any defensive skills at the same time so ya.
Gholy: 5x Eir
MageRD: 3x Wizard

03-25-2009   #5 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Awards Retired Forum Operations StaffMoM Award

Godbot3000 has disabled reputation
Guild: DashAttack

*shrug*

Sieg only becomes a true DPS class after the CD/skill patch. If you're looking for that, I wouldn't even bother with Sieg atm.

03-25-2009   #6 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Lunar is a glorious beacon of lightLunar is a glorious beacon of lightLunar is a glorious beacon of lightLunar is a glorious beacon of lightLunar is a glorious beacon of lightLunar is a glorious beacon of light

not even... he's still behind in dps compared to other classes
i think they'er trying to convert him into defensive class with no reagent buffs
he still has crappy mp.. and with 90sec IH he spends it even faster

03-25-2009   #7 (permalink)
FOR GREAT JUSTICE!

Kadeshi is on a distinguished road
IGN: Kadeshi / Kdxzilla
Class: Knight / Templar lu_krieg
Guild: Wolfpack

I think the problem is not how much MP siegs has, but how much they use...

Srsly, they are getting the MP consume for siegs wayyyy too high, it is just ridicoulous, they lowered the cooldowns of mostly of the dmg skills, but mostly of the dmg skills uses 400~500mp, with so much mana use you can only use them every CD if you use leg Drake, they need to fix that. Other classes dont use so much mana.

Just look at CMS and RB Dfist, lets suppose CMS CD is 25 and not 20 secs, and RB Dfist is 500 and not 569mp, so we have a 900 mana use every 25 secs if we spam those skills, that is a 36 mana use per sec, there is no way to recharge so much mana (except for drake), and that is just for 2 skills, forget about the rest.

I think they forgot sieg can't S mana charge...

And get no reagents buffs is cool, but i really don't see the point as a "char buff", reagents are so easy to get nowadays

Last edited by Kadeshi; 03-25-2009 at 09:06 AM.

03-25-2009   #8 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Of course he will still be behind in DPS after the patch but he is more of a DPS class than he alrdy is and you have to manage your mana with sieg not just spam it at random places(i know alot of siegs do this)just spam their dps at random places all of their skills and most of them miss....which is sad.

03-25-2009   #9 (permalink)
Back from the Grave

Deity is on a distinguished road
IGN: BattleGod
Guild: Titans

Sieg is more of a tank than a DPS...Sieg's tanking abilities > burst dps > DPM.

I've only recently realized that when I started to myth.

03-25-2009   #10 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Stalker

Skiegh is a jewel in the roughSkiegh is a jewel in the roughSkiegh is a jewel in the roughSkiegh is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Skiegh Send a message via MSN to Skiegh
IGN: Skiegh
Class: Sieg
Level: 56+

I've already pointed out in my thread that Sieg's MP consumption is very high over other classes. I was just pummeled with "He is a burst character." Being a Sieg from OB, I am well aware of that but I think I would much prefer having less max MP and having skills that didn't consume as much so that the MP regen scaled better. 8 MP a second to recover a skill that uses 300 MP is much faster than recovering one that uses 569.

(I use 4 pieces of L.Tarask, 2 pieces of Ancient Elf and 2 pieces of L.Spirit rigel. The Spirit rigel is the only MP adder I have on my Sieg but it's a 10% chance to have a 40% chance to crit to have a 35% chance to have a 40% chance of no MP consumption. It's not exactly the most effective method but it's very satisfying when I see no MP consumption when I use RB D-fist.)

Edit: Also take note that both the original D-fist and FDS have MP reductions in future patches. Those being two of the best Sieg damage skills, it will aid in the damage.

Still, in all honesty, I don't think Sieg is very far below others in terms of damage. I think one of the most important things as a Sieg during a stage is to be efficient with your skill usage, you can't mindlessly burn it. The long cool downs and high MP costs mean that failure is a huge cut in efficiency. It's for this reason that I put Sieg as being one of the hardest classes to stage effectively with.

Sieg is also as stated a tank. He has more damage evasion skills than any other class and is nothing but useful. Adding in that Prot. Fort will eventually give endurance effects, he'll be more than useful. I feel more effective on my Sieg than with any of my other characters but it could be that I just know what I am doing.

----

Still, screw efficiency, make some zany build that you don't see very often. Unique builds are far more fun to play with than cookie cutter.
"There once was a boy who dreamed of being a hero. Who believed sincerely in the battle to banish darkness from a world of light... but light and darkness are equal... and where one exists so too must the other... and when the boy finally realized this he had taken the first step toward being a true hero."

03-25-2009   #11 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Fiona is on a distinguished road

In almost any RPG, the metal plated knight is the damage-absorbing tank while the soft spongy thief/ninja is the one you go to when you're looking for melee DPS (and the soft-spongy wizard the one you go to for magic DPS. And the soft-spongy wizard/archer for ranged DPS, if applicable)

It's obvious to me that the designers don't intend Lunia to be any different from that. The main issue in Lunia is whether or not a tank is needed (in old school Lunia, provoke was just WONDERFUL. Whether or not it is today... well, honestly, it IS just as godly as ever, but stuff usually dies quickly enough to not need it).

03-25-2009   #12 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Jumper is on a distinguished road

I don't know where people are coming in with this DPS+HPPS+Has to follow other MMORPG stuff...

I view Lunia more as a fighting game (2d fighter). Every char is balanced and has their own playstyle.
EX: Tia has super high dpc, but has the WORST 1st hit ability
While Sieg has medium dpc, having provoke and easy tourny-legal long combos (long enough to combo from voke to voke, or counter to counter).

They won't balance a char down to staging abilities. They will balance them to pvp.

Last edited by Jumper; 03-25-2009 at 05:48 PM.

03-26-2009   #13 (permalink)
ggFTW Moogler
Games
LuniaVindictusSword 2Talesweaver

Khoon will become famous soon enoughKhoon will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to Khoon

Should not bring out myth, coz it's like almost p2p.
after the free rb book give out event is done myth will be p2p.

anyways, it's for real that some characters are overpowered against Sieg.
for ex. Dainn and Yuki have long and wide attack range AND high DMG.
Tia owns with one backstep combo.

It's almost impossible to win against them unless you are really good at controls.
How good you dodge and combo them, you lost half of your hp once you get hit once. lol..

Try pvp ones with same lvl&defense&dmg... you will lose if your not better than them at controls.

in stages, same about Dainn and Yuki's attack range.
even Tia's skills that have same dmg with Sieg's in skill info. gets 1.5x higher dmg.

and after stages got easier, most of average players just leans on their characters abilities,
not their ability to control.

Also Sieg is no more needed in stages. they just want some dainns or yukis and eir.

EDIT. Oh! and one more. guess why pub party fails, and lacks teamwork.

Last edited by Khoon; 03-26-2009 at 11:29 AM.

03-26-2009   #14 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Lol Knight is the more versatile class in the game, whoever doesnt want to rely on specific classes will only set themselves back further. Right now all people want to do is level when realistically the only lvl you can reach with myth one is 80 anything after that is too much for myth one.

Sieg has one of the best burst damage in Myth(even if its 5mins right now)

As for pvp theres a reason why Siegs are still atop the pvp sector, you should know why.

03-26-2009   #15 (permalink)
fishy~

flsg will become famous soon enoughflsg will become famous soon enough
IGN: R.I.P fishies
Class: Tia, Sieg, Eir lu_tia
Level: ??, 55, 55
Guild: Solstice, Solstice, Chosens

sieg is IMO the class with the most potential. He sucks when you don't know how to play him correctly but he's godly when you know how

03-26-2009   #16 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Regular

Mote will become famous soon enough
Class: Dainn, Eir, Lime
Level: 6x
Guild: PieGuardians

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khoon
Also Sieg is no more needed in stages. they just want some dainns or yukis and eir.
I love a good sieg in stages, most the come by public parties arent good is the problem. I had a 3 seig myth party once, none of them would tank even though the eir we had would only heal and jog everytime I've played with her, and I know most of the party members have played with her more than I. I love it when they voke things away and let you nuke them :3 though there are other things they are useful for, of course ^^

04-02-2009   #17 (permalink)
But not a snitch.

whitepage is a jewel in the roughwhitepage is a jewel in the roughwhitepage is a jewel in the rough

Since its about dps, I assumed its regarding stage.

Before future buff :

- The easiest and one of the more effective char that utilize AEH set.
- Incredibly useful buff : Mdef & Rage
- One of the best burst dmg. ( Actually, I cant compare with yuki since I'm not very knowledgeable on their skills )
- The most useful & breaking skill of all chars in stage : Provoke. ( Too lazy to even argue on this, just look at the duration vs c/d couple with its usefulness )

Future Patch :

- Various significant skills have their C/D reduced. [ The more significant ones is the ever godly IH reduced to 90 sec (?), try x AEH ]
- Various significant skills have their mana cost reduced.
- Another Rage buff for his 4th rebirth skill
- Protective Fortitude becomes Endo pot.

How is that not satisfying?

Last edited by whitepage; 04-02-2009 at 04:45 AM.

04-02-2009   #18 (permalink)
You talkin' to me?

Ultimaga will become famous soon enoughUltimaga will become famous soon enough
IGN: xVertigo
Class: NINJA! lu_sieg
Level: 8x
Guild: Fusion

Quote:
Originally Posted by boobeemagic

How is that not satisfying?
Because skill isnt part of half of the community's vocabulary, therefore they cant being out the potential of any character they're playing.

not to imply or anything. but maybe they just arent playing them correctly?

Last edited by Ultimaga; 04-02-2009 at 05:39 AM.

04-02-2009   #19 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Fiona is on a distinguished road

I dunno. All the skill in the world doesn't change the fact that my Tia was able to kill sikan Elders in like, literally 3 seconds while the rest of my party members (all of whom were guildmates who are also quite skilled) couldn't (back-to-back backstabs for the win). Of course, in terms of teamwork, that was because my party members got its attention first (especially the Sieg with Provoke), but in terms of DPS, which is what this topic is about, it's quite clear that at least against uncomboable enemies, some characters were more designed for it than others. But that's the whole point of Sieg getting provoke in the first place (admittingly, my Tia could always just... Hide, but that doesn't work against the end-of-stage boss. Boy, do I spam that skill a lot in Bonus, though)

Then again, it's not like Sieg doesn't have a powerful skill for uncomboable enemies, either (tornados)

04-02-2009   #20 (permalink)
全砲門!Fire!
Special
Games
LuniaLuna OnlineLand of Chaos OnlineGrand Chase
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorEvent WinnerWandering EyeTwitter FanPervert Award

Gladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud of
IGN: 混合
Level: ⑨
Guild: NoGay

Sieg's Burst DPS for me is huge o_o

On L Lir, one Mag Def duration (Maxed 22 seconds) makes me take down about 1/5 - 1/3 of Lir's HP, provided I get some crits, and she doesn't sleep or bind.

His tanking is so much better (Lol TFT tanking people in Free, when 2.8k HP at level 54 was still considered "godly").

Probably the best part about him would be provoke. He can pull aggro off mobs, and tank them as the healers heal him. Provoke in PvP makes people flip out since it slows them, pulls them towards Sieg, and is basically a free combo on them until the next cooldown, and it can also be used to cancel skills (Like CMS, FF, D fist etc).

Sieg isn't as useful now since EVERYTHING DIES FASTER THAN YOU CAN PROVOKE THEM <_<

But it's still fun to use provoke though. Huge angry mobs chasing you always make the game enjoyable