ggFTW

MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > MMO Games > Lunia > Lunia Hunting Grounds > Sieg - The Knight

Elsword
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Elsword

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
04-02-2009   #21 (permalink)
Angelic Healer~
Games
Dungeon Fighter OnlineLeague of LegendsLuniaVindictus

Allea has a spectacular aura aboutAllea has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Sieg isn't as useful now since EVERYTHING DIES FASTER THAN YOU CAN PROVOKE THEM <_<
Maybe that's why other classes don't need siegs anymore for legend/history runs? Because of the rebirth skills and etc. but I still love to have a voker although with most of their skills being able to cancel them by dashing/walking or in few skills landing a hit. They might be prominently more useful later on and have even more potential than what they have now but that doesn't mean that they're completely useless right now as what gladiat said.

Who knows I mean what most people are implying is that it basically comes down to the skill level of the player and in few cases equips.

For me in stages , I rely too much on Sieg's provoke back then and I died without it >_< which is a major setback. Although I just think that Sieg's need to have really good mana management compared to other classes (except for Eir maybe) which takes skill?

IGNs: League of Legends: Allea
~Arigato KratosAurion-san.

Last edited by Allea; 04-02-2009 at 01:23 PM.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
04-02-2009   #22 (permalink)
全砲門!Fire!
Special
Games
LuniaLuna OnlineLand of Chaos OnlineGrand Chase
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorEvent WinnerWandering EyeTwitter FanPervert Award

Gladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud of
IGN: 混合
Level: ⑨
Guild: NoGay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allea
Maybe that's why other classes don't need siegs anymore for legend/history runs? Because of the rebirth skills and etc. but I still love to have a voker although with most of their skills being able to cancel them by dashing/walking or in few skills landing a hit. They might be prominently more useful later on and have even more potential than what they have now but that doesn't mean that they're completely useless right now as what gladiat said.

Who knows I mean what most people are implying is that it basically comes down to the skill level of the player and in few cases equips.

For me in stages , I rely too much on Sieg's provoke back then and I died without it >_< which is a major setback. Although I just think that Sieg's need to have really good mana management compared to other classes (except for Eir maybe) which takes skill?
Well... if you regenerate 9 MP a second, and your skills burn over 200... it's pretty hard. Try playing a Sieg and see how far you get with mana management with crazy MP costs. Although most PvPers use combos instead of skill spam...

Probably why most Siegs have AEH and AWD set effects.

04-04-2009   #23 (permalink)
...Wah?
Special
Games
Lunia

SkyAngelic is a name known to allSkyAngelic is a name known to allSkyAngelic is a name known to allSkyAngelic is a name known to allSkyAngelic is a name known to allSkyAngelic is a name known to all
Send a message via MSN to SkyAngelic
IGN: SkyAngelic / SkyDemonic
Class: Lunia: Sieg / Trickster: Temp DX Buffalo (Abusing Attr. equips), Dragon / Cabal: Force Archer
Level: 103, 69, 72, 104
Guild: Solstice

Well, for people like me, I have absolutely NO MP problems.

Sieg isn't meant for skill spam. The reason why I adore sieg is the fact that I can dish out thousands of damage on combo-able monsters using level 1 Kicking and level 1 Crosscut and comboing them till they die.
As for the uncomboable monsters... most of them freakin flinch, and my Sieg's DPS with simply AS sp sp is simply wonderful. Probably faster than continuous lvl CMS no-cooldown spamming...

To be honest, I would never expect a sieg to use Dfist, IH, nado, and CMS in less than 60 seconds unless it was a boss you had to kill quickly, or if the Sieg was all alone facing a huge gigantic mob (Sometimes, skill spam is sometimes worse than just AAAAA spamming in particular mobs. I'll give you an example...Troll mobs in ep 5. A friend of mine loses a life skill spamming the mob, while my other friend doing the same stage in a solo beat the whole entire troll mob with just AAAAA).

If you see a combo-able monster, don't go Dfisting it... If you see a mob, don't immediately go IRON HAMMER them. Be more conservative. Sieg has more than just Dfist, Iron hammer, and RB skills.

If I see a mob, I don't dfist if they're comboable. I level 1 crosscut them (hey it has a nice broad range and it knocks a nice number of them down!), then I just down attack them, back dash cancel and down attack them AGAIN, and THEN use CMS. If you have max MP regen (no AEH or AWD set), the amount of MP you gain from crosscutting them and down attacking them could be around 50 or more MP, and continuously saving that much MP every time you crosscut and down attack spam the monsters gives a very nice overall saving of MP every 12 seconds.

I don't really know how to say it, I guess I'm screaming COMBO THEM IF YOU CAN...
A dfist at the high 60s does over 1000 damage. AAS AAAA kicking S *shift* aaaa Crosscut sp AAAAA to a combo-able monster does over 2000 damage I suppose.

I dunno.. If I wasn't bombarded with homework, I would fraps an upper/lower raid that I'm in and show you my MP management.

And to be honest, I've played every character available to GLunia already. None of them except Dainn and Sieg intrigue me. Yuki, Dacy, etc. have a really nice DPS abilities, but they don't interest me at all, even when I can perform wall-bomb combos with dacy (AAA needle carpet A Bumpy dash Fuzzy whirlwind Summon Catchvee then use Bomb, while pressing 'End' to kill catchvee for that extra hit. It doesn't interest me anymore.

04-15-2009   #24 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict

Etna is on a distinguished road
IGN: Greyhowl
Class: Pervy Knight lt_explorer
Level: 75 (Total 226)
Guild: iReject!

sieg has no problems imo, low dps? with skills maybe. my as space space alone does about 120+320+120+120=680 dmg, no mp cost~ add rage and elf for 270+720+270+270=1530. then add combos.. god i love best gen <3

ya, i know. you need high dmg for that D: but my point is i have no problem with dps and im actually happy my skills are burst rather than evened out~
example: 6-10, first room. i gather everything up, give a solid rage+rb dfist, and the rooms nearly cleared.
also note, my bear when lvl 60 (w/o rare) should bring my rb dfist up to a max of 6k dmg in normal stages with elf+rage+500 str~ and if done right, it can hit twice on the same mob.

soo ya o.o im fine with current dps D: dont suffer mp problems too often either, then again i dont spam that much
Disgaea-31 Dain

yay im now the machine! the terminator! the w/e you want me to be! fun fun xD join mah fanclub.. nao! http://www.mymmogames.net/forum/grou...not-human.html

Property of Hana. <3 ya honey!
No worries! the handsome hero will be back shortly!

Last edited by Etna; 04-15-2009 at 08:01 PM.

04-15-2009   #25 (permalink)
' ^ '
Games
League of LegendsLuniaVindictusDragon Nest

Minuss is a jewel in the roughMinuss is a jewel in the roughMinuss is a jewel in the roughMinuss is a jewel in the rough
IGN: Minus

The damage on the dfists you stated are without str and dmg provided. For me my rb dfist does 3k regular around 1.5k. Even without the skills, your supose to AS SP SP Half dash etc. That is still quite a lot of damage. Even though siegs arnt the most dps they still give a good amount and have more dps then other classes.

04-19-2009   #26 (permalink)
Guild Leader
Awards Event Winner

ZeroKunoichi will become famous soon enough

Ok, if Sieg had mad DPS that's like saying Eir's should have high dps attacks as well on top of the Heal they do.

Certain classes have their Strengths and weaknesses and Sieg is a pure defense class.
Look at his skills.....
Stun, Counter, minimize damage, magic defense, play dead, voke, fortitude...

Make him a dps by using your regular attacks and maxing your regular damage.
You can just combo without using skills and you have RAGE and MAX it to get a 45 sec crit and if you still don't like it max CRIT passive.
By the time you use your RAGE use your skills in the mean time after RAGE.
Rage explosion is his DPS/WHACK DMG!
A S SP SP ... S does 400Crit... oh no that's not broken = almost 800DMG itself....

Siegs DPS isn't bad at all... Use reg attack as your main DPS and SKILLS as BURST DMG and AIR COMBOS + SKILLS + RAGE = LULZ!

The new patch isn't going to change Siegs DPS that much since it relies all on his Mana. Regular attacks = no mana so either way, Sieg is just executing BURST DMG faster.

It's really sad to see only a few competent Siegs that know what their true DPS is.

Last edited by ZeroKunoichi; 04-19-2009 at 02:03 AM.

04-19-2009   #27 (permalink)
Back from the Grave

Deity is on a distinguished road
IGN: BattleGod
Guild: Titans

Old thread is old.

What I love about Sieg is that he has high base str...which means getting 501+ str (under 500 is +15% skill damage, and 501 str and over is +30% skill damage) is relatively easy. None of that stuff matters though if you don't have the MP to use the skills you want, which is why I'm using the typical 2-pc AWD and 4-pc AEH so I can freely use my skills even when I spam.

When I'm doing bonus 2-7 with my Yuki friend, we compete on who gets to kill the device first, and I have to purposely slow down my DPS because she gets owned by Kanhel if I kill the device before she does. That's the power of max IH, max IMS, double dfist, max rb nado and lv.4 nado with AS sp sp put together.