ggFTW

MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > MMO Games > Lunia > Lunia Hunting Grounds > Sieg - The Knight

Perfect World
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Perfect World

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
03-21-2009   #1 (permalink)
You're my prince... =)
Games
Dungeon Fighter OnlineLeague of LegendsLuniaTrickster Online

Yumidesu has disabled reputation
Send a message via ICQ to Yumidesu Send a message via AIM to Yumidesu Send a message via MSN to Yumidesu Send a message via Yahoo to Yumidesu Send a message via Skype™ to Yumidesu
IGN: Amiez
Level: Bronze League
Guild: Titans
Xfire: pandaamy
Default So, thinking about making a Sieg. =x

Okay, so I'm thinking about making a Sieg. Here's why.

I've gotten bored of all the other characters. D:

Eir: I can't be arsed to level my Eir higher, and it takes a while to get her good skills. ._.

Dainn: Limited comboing. Not enough for me. All it is is doing AA>>AS *skill*>>AS*skill*>>AS etc. .-. With the exception of the wall shifting and poking.

Tia: I've basically reached my peak point of Tia. I'm crap if I can't roll. Roll is basically her advanced technique, and I fail at it. I've done loads of combos, and I'm quite good at them. But Tia, IMO, is a PvP-oriented character. If I can't use roll right, then I just fail. ._.

Lime: Never got into lime. My fingers hurt after 20 minutes of mashing the numpad to roll with him.

Yuki: I've played her for about a year. I still love her mass damage...but I'm just worn out with her. .-. So, meh.

Krieg: Krieg is just epic fail. D:

Now, the reason why I want to play Sieg is because of the mass comboing he has, and so much of it to master.
I want to get the hang of using AA>>AS WS Cancel >>A CC Space or something. =x And he has so many different options, and his sidestepping is a bit easier. The only painful thing to do with him is the S dash. But that won't be a problem.

So, anyways, I have a Sieg build (RB of course) for staging. Occasionally PvP with friends and whatnot. o.o

ƒƒ‹‚ˆ˜€€‚‚*ƒ‚ƒŸƒƒƒ‚

Last edited by Yumidesu; 03-21-2009 at 12:40 PM.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
03-21-2009   #2 (permalink)
Back from the Grave

Deity is on a distinguished road
IGN: BattleGod

Few things to take into consideration:

Max Magic Defense, allows you to tank bosses such as Lir or Rigel at a longer period. Although the duration increases by only 3 seconds per point after level 1, it's worth it.

Max Playdead, is essential if you're going to myth and is one of Siegs best tanking skills. Lower cd, and longer skill duration. Used as a combination with provoke to gather up mobs and allow other classes to nuke them before the skill duration is over. The longer you are on the ground, the less effort the Eirs have to spend healing you.

Last edited by Deity; 03-21-2009 at 02:44 PM.

03-21-2009   #3 (permalink)
You're my prince... =)
Games
Dungeon Fighter OnlineLeague of LegendsLuniaTrickster Online

Yumidesu has disabled reputation
Send a message via ICQ to Yumidesu Send a message via AIM to Yumidesu Send a message via MSN to Yumidesu Send a message via Yahoo to Yumidesu Send a message via Skype™ to Yumidesu
IGN: Amiez
Level: Bronze League
Xfire: pandaamy

Well, technically, Deity, I'm doing this mainly for PvP/comboing reasons. =x I'm just staging so I can get to 60+

03-21-2009   #4 (permalink)
Back from the Grave

Deity is on a distinguished road
IGN: BattleGod

Oh I see. If you can afford it, do a full stage build and then switch to full PvP when you hit 66 (which is when Sieg gets his dfist and IH boost). If you're doing it for PvP, then you're certainly missing a couple of skills:

I already mentioned Max Magic Defense. It avoids any spell that has an elemental attribute to it. So it's definitely helpful against Dainns, Yukis and Eirs if you want to be cheap.

I also mentioned Max Playdead, however I'd recommend level 2 since -10HP is worth the -5 second cool down. It's probably one of your most versatile defensive skills and you'd want to use it as much as you can per life.

Max Protective Fortitude, 480 ish HP isn't a lot in stage, but that amount in PvP can give you enough health to use provoke and play dead. I've also heard that the skill will get a buff in a future patch, where it doesn't allow the user and the party members to flinch when attacked.

?? Sky Slashing, depends on user preference. 1 Sky Slashing is what I would recommend for PvP so you can use Nado, Whirling Sword, Dfist after it. Going any higher requires you to invest your skills points into this skill, and another (i.e. Max CMS in a future patch). Lv.7 allows 2-hit flash fate, 8 allows 3-hit flash fate and lv.9 (obtainable at 67) allows CMS to land.

Max Minimize Damage, essential in PvP especially if you're fighting amongst fellow Siegs, Kreigs, Dacies and Tias.

Rethink your nado. Lv.2 is more reliable to use if you want to deal fast damage, and lv.4 is more technical due to its behavior and range. I'd say lv.4 is leaning more towards a stage build, but it is indeed more powerful than Lv.2 because you can get more down attacks in, and you can use Rage Explosion while your opponent is trapped.

Lv 1 Rage Explosion, deadly depending on the usage.

You won't need rb Iron Hammer if you're going to PvP. Original IH > rb IH in terms of damage and MP consumption. It'd be a waste of skillpoints in PvP imho.

Lv.1 Blow, stuns your opponent...enough said. Probably only one of the few opportunities where you can use Iron Hammer.