ggFTW

MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > MMO Games > Lunia > Lunia Hunting Grounds > Sieg - The Knight

Elsword
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Elsword

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
03-20-2009   #1 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
LuniaAlicia

iARE1337 is a jewel in the roughiARE1337 is a jewel in the roughiARE1337 is a jewel in the roughiARE1337 is a jewel in the rough
Default Creasent Moon vs. New Whirlwind Wave

I'm having a difficult time choosing between the two skills. CMS on one hand has a much shorter cooldown while whirlwind wave seems amazing on non-juggleable monsters. On another hand, CMS still has a patch or so to go before receiving the new max level and over-planning may put me at a disadvantage in terms of dps.

For those of you who have tested/used the improved CMS, do you feel it is better then the RB nado?

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
03-20-2009   #2 (permalink)
Guild Leader
Awards Event Winner

ZeroKunoichi will become famous soon enough

New CMS > most skills because of the 2k dmg output and the 15-20sec cd.

03-21-2009   #3 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Stalker

Skiegh is a jewel in the roughSkiegh is a jewel in the roughSkiegh is a jewel in the roughSkiegh is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Skiegh Send a message via MSN to Skiegh
IGN: Skiegh
Class: Sieg
Level: 56+

I would hands down choose crescent moon over any other skill Sieg has when it comes to staging. Manageable MP cost, somewhat speedy cast, large AoE, good hitstun and easily more versatile than RB Nado. Along with that, it's air combo able which for the most part, Nado is not.

I wanted crescent but with it not being part of the patch I didn't wrap my build around it like I wanted to but you can wait for it if you wish.
"There once was a boy who dreamed of being a hero. Who believed sincerely in the battle to banish darkness from a world of light... but light and darkness are equal... and where one exists so too must the other... and when the boy finally realized this he had taken the first step toward being a true hero."

03-21-2009   #4 (permalink)
全砲門!Fire!
Games
LuniaLuna OnlineLand of Chaos OnlineGrand Chase
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorEvent WinnerWandering EyeTwitter FanPervert Award

Gladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud of
IGN: 混合
Class: Battleship lt_gunslinger
Level: ⑨

I agree with them. Crescent moon already destroys stuff in stage right now. It's like a sieg version of FoL lol.

And yea, you can use it to combo, so that already makes it a lot better.

03-21-2009   #5 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
LuniaAlicia

iARE1337 is a jewel in the roughiARE1337 is a jewel in the roughiARE1337 is a jewel in the roughiARE1337 is a jewel in the rough

ルニア戦記 ス*ルシミュレータ

Wow 20 second cooldown while nado retains it's 60 second cooldown. Well I know my decision now. Thanks for the input.

Also what is a reliable way to combo CMS? Nado->CMS isn't really the best way to utilize both skills.

03-21-2009   #6 (permalink)
...Wah?
Special
Games
Lunia

SkyAngelic is a name known to allSkyAngelic is a name known to allSkyAngelic is a name known to allSkyAngelic is a name known to allSkyAngelic is a name known to allSkyAngelic is a name known to all
Send a message via MSN to SkyAngelic
IGN: SkyAngelic / SkyDemonic
Class: Lunia: Sieg / Trickster: Temp DX Buffalo (Abusing Attr. equips), Dragon / Cabal: Force Archer
Level: 103, 69, 72, 104
Guild: Solstice

(Pvp perspective)
As a high level skyslash user, I say level 9 skyslash. Skyslash is inescapable at a certain height. If you can initiate skyslash at that height with max CMS, it's really nice, because you can simply continue comboing after they're being juggled by CMS.

(Stage perspective)
Ask a party member to combo the monster for a few seconds, and after that, you use CMS, enforcing a nice powerful damage booster in stages.

03-21-2009   #7 (permalink)
全砲門!Fire!
Games

Gladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyAngelic
(Pvp perspective)
As a high level skyslash user, I say level 9 skyslash. Skyslash is inescapable at a certain height. If you can initiate skyslash at that height with max CMS, it's really nice, because you can simply continue comboing after they're being juggled by CMS.

(Stage perspective)
Ask a party member to combo the monster for a few seconds, and after that, you use CMS, enforcing a nice powerful damage booster in stages.
Mmm... in stage, you could do S shift AAAA >>A kicking CMS.

In PvP, I think it's AA >>AS kicking S >>A lvl9SS CMS (Dash or sidestep to person) >>A CC cancel + InsertComboHere.

03-21-2009   #8 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
LuniaAlicia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gladiat
Mmm... in stage, you could do S shift AAAA >>A kicking CMS.
I can't do this for the life of me

03-21-2009   #9 (permalink)
全砲門!Fire!
Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by iARE1337
I can't do this for the life of me
Practice makes perfect `-`

03-21-2009   #10 (permalink)
Back from the Grave

Deity is on a distinguished road
IGN: BattleGod
Guild: Titans

AA dash AS xcut space dash A level 9 Sky Slashing CMS

Bolded is crucial and makes the SS almost inescapable in PvP. I'd say it has a 95% chance of landing, assuming you don't lag, mess up your xcut, w/e.

Before I rebirthed, I had lv.10 SS. It gives so much air time, it makes comboing after CMS a lot easier.

edit:
Sorry but I seem to have miscalculated. I had lv.9 SS before I rebirthed. Nevertheless lv.9 was really high.

@Glad,
It's 1-hit xcut. If you use 2 slashes the opponent is too far for Sky Slashing's first hit to land in.

Last edited by Deity; 03-21-2009 at 05:51 PM.

03-21-2009   #11 (permalink)
全砲門!Fire!
Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deity
AA dash AS xcut space dash A level 9 Sky Slashing CMS

Bolded is crucial and makes the SS almost inescapable in PvP. I'd say it has a 95% chance of landing, assuming you don't lag, mess up your xcut, w/e.

Before I rebirthed, I had lv.10 SS. It gives so much air time, it makes comboing after CMS a lot easier.
When you say xcut space, do you mean 2 hits, or 1 hit?

I've only had up to level 5 SS, so I don't know the height for level 9.

03-21-2009   #12 (permalink)
fishy~

flsg will become famous soon enoughflsg will become famous soon enough
IGN: R.I.P fishies
Class: Tia, Sieg, Eir lu_tia
Level: ??, 55, 55
Guild: Solstice, Solstice, Chosens

why would you use level 9 SS with CMS if you can combo it after nado?
that saves some point from SS so you can max something else :P

03-21-2009   #13 (permalink)
全砲門!Fire!
Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by flsg
why would you use level 9 SS with CMS if you can combo it after nado?
that saves some point from SS so you can max something else :P
Not everyone likes to use it after nado. Also, it has a 20 second cooldown. Nado has 1 minute (cooldowns do not include defense). So you put 11 points in a skill that you will use only once every minute assuming you hit with nado every time. If you miss, then CMS is useless for another minute, since there's almost no way you can hit it unless you stun people/lucky hit/trap, then they'll just invi frame/teleport/playdead the 3rd and 4th hits if they're on the ground.

03-21-2009   #14 (permalink)
FOR GREAT JUSTICE!

Kadeshi is on a distinguished road
IGN: Kadeshi / Kdxzilla
Class: Knight / Templar lu_krieg
Guild: Wolfpack

>> AS Nado Dfist FF is already great >> AS Nado Dfist CMS11 will be awesome. CMS is way easier to hit in nado + higher dmg.

03-21-2009   #15 (permalink)
Back from the Grave

Deity is on a distinguished road
IGN: BattleGod
Guild: Titans

Actually, CMS is A LOT easier to hit after SS compared to nado, plus the damage is the same. So it's all about whether or not you have the skill points to max SS, because CMS isn't the only thing you can do after it...

03-26-2009   #16 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Regular

xvelocityx is on a distinguished road
IGN: xVelocity
Class: Sieg
Level: 6x
Guild: Variant/Felix

I'd get CMS because its you can use it in a combo for powerful damage.Btw You can combo after CMS.