ggFTW

MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > MMO Games > Lunia > Lunia Hunting Grounds > Sieg - The Knight

Elsword
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Elsword

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
03-10-2009   #1 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Stalker

Skiegh is a jewel in the roughSkiegh is a jewel in the roughSkiegh is a jewel in the roughSkiegh is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Skiegh Send a message via MSN to Skiegh
IGN: Skiegh
Class: Sieg
Level: 56+
Default A good ol' Sieg discussion.

I've been sifting through the newest skill simulator which has all the skill patches and what not. I was doing some skill comparisons and noticed that Sieg not only has one of the lowest MP bases but also has the highest MP consumption of any other class. Is it necessary for Sieg to be this stupid at knowing how to conserve his MP? I realize he is the knight and is supposed to be dimwitted and lacking a brain (And his character truly is retarded) but does that have to showcase in his MP consumption?

I am aware that Sieg has good damage just from normal attacks and I make full use of that. I also do a decent job of conserving my MP but I do generally refuse to wear sets like L.Drake and such as I like to be unique in the slightest sense. (I love Tarask)

I was honestly expecting the skill patch with this patch. My build is not what I wanted it to be because it was not implemented. The original D-fists MP goes down along with FDS's. Cool downs on D-fist, Both IHs and IMS go down.
On the subject of IMS, am I the only one who thinks of any buff they could of given it, that cooldown was the worst choice? I think IMS needs an MP reduction or a damage increase, it's my favorite skill and yet stands as being one of the worst skills for Sieg. The only good use of IMS is for quickly killing combo able enemies or for using it after rage and IH (Ancient elf) and with that use it still is part of my boss killing combo. Still, 396 MP for a skill that has a long animation cast which is easily canceled is rarely worth it in the eyes of most Siegs. Considering D-fist is standing at an MP consumption of 293 and holds higher AoE effects and a speedier cast with invincibility frames and a lower cooldown.

I love crescent moon slash and it always depressed me that it was capped at level 5 because when Lunia first came out it was regarded as being a really strong skill. Times have changed and sadly in our Lunia it is still standing at 5. I want to make full use of my love for critical hits on my Physical and Magical attacks and having Crescent and the new nado would fulfill a bit more of that. Though I am a bit iffy on the new Nado and it's use outside of Myth and bonus seems very lacking. I may put the points into the new IH instead.

Still, regardless of the over the top MP consumption, I love Sieg and I still think he is one of the best characters and I always will.
"There once was a boy who dreamed of being a hero. Who believed sincerely in the battle to banish darkness from a world of light... but light and darkness are equal... and where one exists so too must the other... and when the boy finally realized this he had taken the first step toward being a true hero."

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
03-10-2009   #2 (permalink)
sorrow 'n sadism
Games
Eden EternalLuniaLeague of LegendsWorld of Warcraft
Awards MoM Award

m1s3ri has much to be proud ofm1s3ri has much to be proud ofm1s3ri has much to be proud ofm1s3ri has much to be proud ofm1s3ri has much to be proud ofm1s3ri has much to be proud ofm1s3ri has much to be proud ofm1s3ri has much to be proud of

Regarding MP, I really don't think there's any option in terms of efficiency except to use some sort of MP set. Be it Bonus, L. Drake, or something else that give you more MP to work with, MP costs just keep scaling past natural regen that was never enough pre-65 anyway.

IMS, I actually think is a bit interesting with the lower cooldown. DFist having a lower cooldown plus the extra MP you have from wearing better equipment should free up MP for other uses, and IMS is one of only two skills that deals good damage at max and can be continued after without a nado. It's a definite PvP move which in combination with the DFist change should help address Sieg concerns about a lack of power in PvP, especially the part where making a mistake tends to take away half your damage while most other classes can afford to max at least 3 different useful power skills, at least one of which generally had a decently low cooldown.

Other than that, I think MP consumption is fine considering Sieg's non-support role -- combining durability with burst damage. AEH + IH/DF/nado allows Sieg to pump out an amazing amount of damage very quickly, while Magic Defense and an array of invincibility frames means he's not the glass cannon Lime can be. Gearing for maximum mana regen will just barely allow Sieg to sustain this nuking power whenever it comes off cooldown to the point where I suspect the new DF mana cost was designed around it. Letting him have massive damage all the time would be slightly overpowered, I think. [cough, nerf L. Drake cough, crap stats isn't enough]

03-10-2009   #3 (permalink)
You talkin' to me?

Ultimaga will become famous soon enoughUltimaga will become famous soon enough
IGN: xVertigo
Class: NINJA! lu_sieg
Level: 8x
Guild: Fusion

being unique dosent make you efficient.

4 piece elf hero and 2 piece white dragon is fine for me. i've never even had a mana problem when i played my knight before...(max ims, wind kick, everything except whirling and fds)

now, with rb, i fare even better with this set combination, with the new skills...

i seriously dont see how a mana problem arises in any non myth stage... even if you maxed every single physical attack and the coming lvl 11 cms, you should be fine...

03-10-2009   #4 (permalink)
Poof!

chicka is on a distinguished road
IGN: iChicka, Aroc, Poison
Class: Eir, Thief, Knight
Level: 6x
Guild: Fusion and Synergy

I never see you cast IMS, next time we play together make sure I am next to you when you use IMS skeigh :P

For me, now that i got myself a full AEF set, I can spam rb dfist, a nado here and there and IH as often as it allows. Thats pretty much all my skills anyway >.>; In bonus I run out of mana a lot, but the last time I went I had a wiz that spammed mana buff and I couldn't keep my mana below half.

~Lunia~ ..... iChicka - Eir || Rewyn - Arien || Aroc - Sieg

03-10-2009   #5 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Gaia is on a distinguished road
IGN: Gaia
Class: Sieg lt_knight
Level: 7x
Guild: Kaizen

In any regular stage 4 Pieces Ancient elf and 2 piece WD + passive mana regen will be enough to sustain him. He is not meant to be a spammer class as the likes of dacy/yuki/dainn but a burst dmg class(no matter the time limit on the skills for now)that combined with his physical of course makes him very good.

If you wanna treat him as a spam class thats fine, just remember his mana pool isnt that good and will probably be worse once we get the skills cooldown patch.
Gholy: 5x Eir
MageRD: 3x Wizard

03-10-2009   #6 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Stalker

Skiegh is a jewel in the roughSkiegh is a jewel in the roughSkiegh is a jewel in the roughSkiegh is a jewel in the rough

I think a lot of people here are confused on what I was addressing. I am not addressing how painfully difficult it is to keep my MP up, I do just fine without ANY MP regen sets. The only time I run out of MP is during boss fights, Myth and in rooms with a lot enemies and I messed up on killing them all. I am addressing the fact that Sieg's MP consumption on some of his skills are much higher than other classes.

The only real reason I made this thread is because earlier I asked Zan how much it cost to cast that "Kills everything in front of you" Fury of land and he replied with 350ish MP. The new Fury is clearly on par in damage with the new RB D-fist so why does it cost 200 less MP? Having not RBed any other class than my Sieg, I just assumed out right that all classes had the absurdly high MP consumption on their RB skills. I was expecting it, I want the RB skills to have high MP consumption rates so it evens them out with your basic skills. If RB skills were just better than there would be no point in getting the basic versions. (More MP = Stronger skill, Less MP = weaker skill, not same amount of MP = Higher Damage, it shouldn't work like that.)

I am aware Sieg is a burst character, I have been aware of that since OB. He is the best boss killer and I plan to hold that title for as long as I can. Doing 20,000+ damage in 8 seconds is always fun.

Quote:
being unique dosent make you efficient.

4 piece elf hero and 2 piece white dragon is fine for me. i've never even had a mana problem when i played my knight before...(max ims, wind kick, everything except whirling and fds)

now, with rb, i fare even better with this set combination, with the new skills...

i seriously dont see how a mana problem arises in any non myth stage... even if you maxed every single physical attack and the coming lvl 11 cms, you should be fine...
I am well aware of that fact. I am not going for efficiency, I play for fun and how I enjoy playing my character is entirely up to me. I don't recall ever losing a stage and saying "Oh, if only my build was different I could of won."

I have however said "If only I had crescent moon I would be so much better!" I say that because it's true and the fact Crescent isn't buffed yet is annoying as I had it in my RB build. I use Tarask, I love critical hits on ALL of my attacks and Tarask is the best set for simulating a "Magic Rage." I enjoy doing a full critical IH followed by another while my Nados are popping out criticals as well.

If I run out of MP, I use rage. It makes my basic attacks worth the time and is a good way for me to regulate MP. I also have a Spirit rigel 2 set bonus which goes well my M.crit though I really wish it was 100% chance for no MP usage instead.

Quote:
IMS, I actually think is a bit interesting with the lower cooldown. DFist having a lower cooldown plus the extra MP you have from wearing better equipment should free up MP for other uses, and IMS is one of only two skills that deals good damage at max and can be continued after without a nado. It's a definite PvP move which in combination with the DFist change should help address Sieg concerns about a lack of power in PvP, especially the part where making a mistake tends to take away half your damage while most other classes can afford to max at least 3 different useful power skills, at least one of which generally had a decently low cooldown.
I am aware that IMS has good damage but since RB it's damage to MP to cast time ratio seems less worth it for staging at the least. In PvP it is still useful but alas I lag too much to PvP anymore so it's out of the question. When I was level 30 or so in OB I first saw IMS and I knew I wanted to be the best user with it. I am still working on that, it's a really difficult skill to use efficiently in PvE unless you are soloing since it's easier to herd into small groups alone. Back in the day, IMS was regarded as just a skill for showing off and that was certainly true. At the time, flinching mobs weren't so common place which made using IMS on even regular enemies a true feat, still, I wanted it at max.

Quote:
In any regular stage 4 Pieces Ancient elf and 2 piece WD + passive mana regen will be enough to sustain him. He is not meant to be a spammer class as the likes of dacy/yuki/dainn but a burst dmg class(no matter the time limit on the skills for now)that combined with his physical of course makes him very good.

If you wanna treat him as a spam class thats fine, just remember his mana pool isnt that good and will probably be worse once we get the skills cooldown patch.
Yuck, don't qualify me as a spammer because I made an MP discussion. I already stated I don't run out of MP often.
"There once was a boy who dreamed of being a hero. Who believed sincerely in the battle to banish darkness from a world of light... but light and darkness are equal... and where one exists so too must the other... and when the boy finally realized this he had taken the first step toward being a true hero."

03-10-2009   #7 (permalink)
sorrow 'n sadism
Games
Awards MoM Award

m1s3ri has much to be proud ofm1s3ri has much to be proud ofm1s3ri has much to be proud ofm1s3ri has much to be proud ofm1s3ri has much to be proud ofm1s3ri has much to be proud ofm1s3ri has much to be proud ofm1s3ri has much to be proud of

So then you should naturally be aware that burst power is a good thing and therefore comes with a cost -- in this case, relatively poor DPM. He's not fragile and despite the lack of range, does not lack opportunity to attack, so there's only one other thing to sacrifice.

In your example with rb Fury, it does have a weakness; the fact that it launches things way up into the air means it's no longer as effective for normal mobbing, especially in group situations. This of course goes right out the window in Myth, but ... tbh I'm not impressed by the design of Myth in general so as far as I'm concerned this is a weakness of the direction they're taking stages, not an issue with character balancing. In general, all the rebirth skills I've looked at do have a significant MP cost increase over the original if the general functionality of the skill was not changed.

Quote:
If RB skills were just better than there would be no point in getting the basic versions.
This is flawed logic. If you only had enough SP to get one, that'd be true, but you're free to get both. It limits choices but makes things easier on the developers as it's naturally harder to balance more unique skills.

IMS: yes, it's a PvP skill now. Not a stage move. Sorry.

I meant to type more but I got kinda distracted. If this doesn't make sense, I blame it on whatever I forgot to add. more later if I remember.

Last edited by m1s3ri; 03-10-2009 at 05:54 PM.

03-13-2009   #8 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Lunar is a glorious beacon of lightLunar is a glorious beacon of lightLunar is a glorious beacon of lightLunar is a glorious beacon of lightLunar is a glorious beacon of lightLunar is a glorious beacon of light

since i can now add something from my recent discovery.
u can now IMS anywhere, even CMS yes my favorite skill woot! with unflinchablity with protective fortitude. o how i wanted this so badly.
SIEG IS THE TANKING CLASS!

well he still gets stunned so myth might be a problem

yea i gotta figure more about this new protective fortitude only saw it in pvp
run tia run!! muahahahha

Last edited by Lunar; 03-13-2009 at 10:12 AM.

03-13-2009   #9 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Stalker

hahaheheho is on a distinguished road

i hope thats not a rebirth skill cuz this means sieg finally gets a skill buff!!!!!
ign: 4x dainn euphorite

03-13-2009   #10 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Lunar is a glorious beacon of lightLunar is a glorious beacon of lightLunar is a glorious beacon of lightLunar is a glorious beacon of lightLunar is a glorious beacon of lightLunar is a glorious beacon of light

nope not rebirth just updated like hax

03-13-2009   #11 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunar
since i can now add something from my recent discovery.
u can now IMS anywhere, even CMS yes my favorite skill woot! with unflinchablity with protective fortitude. o how i wanted this so badly.
SIEG IS THE TANKING CLASS!

well he still gets stunned so myth might be a problem

yea i gotta figure more about this new protective fortitude only saw it in pvp
run tia run!! muahahahha
Oh what? No flinching? I always wanted a endure ability with my Sieg, a shame I don't have protective fort but by the time this patch is applied I probably will.

03-13-2009   #12 (permalink)
FOR GREAT JUSTICE!

Kadeshi is on a distinguished road
IGN: Kadeshi / Kdxzilla
Class: Knight / Templar lu_krieg
Guild: Wolfpack

Wait, what are you talking about? Cant take flinch while u cast CMS, IMS and prot. fortitude? You still take dmg but it is not canceled or i got it wrong? o.O

03-13-2009   #13 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

^use endurance pot...
that's wut protective fortitude does now

03-13-2009   #14 (permalink)
FOR GREAT JUSTICE!

LOL, you mean during all the prot. fortitude effect? DAMMIT time to spam it!

WTF, that is awesome!!!!!!!!!!

poor tias, >>s will be useless

Last edited by Kadeshi; 03-13-2009 at 12:32 PM.

03-13-2009   #15 (permalink)
ggFTW Moogler

Syrion is on a distinguished road

4 siegs+ pfort chain=!!?!??!?!?!?!?!
Kariel- 2x sieg (noob bullying thingy)

03-13-2009   #16 (permalink)
FOR GREAT JUSTICE!

You can chain with 2 already, dammit sieg is overpowered lol

03-13-2009   #17 (permalink)
...Wah?
Special
Games
Lunia

SkyAngelic is a name known to allSkyAngelic is a name known to allSkyAngelic is a name known to allSkyAngelic is a name known to allSkyAngelic is a name known to allSkyAngelic is a name known to all
Send a message via MSN to SkyAngelic
IGN: SkyAngelic / SkyDemonic
Class: Lunia: Sieg / Trickster: Temp DX Buffalo (Abusing Attr. equips), Dragon / Cabal: Force Archer
Level: 103, 69, 72, 104
Guild: Solstice

I wonder when it's coming to GLunia o_o, when level 11 CMS comes too? ._.

03-13-2009   #18 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Gaia is on a distinguished road
IGN: Gaia
Class: Sieg lt_knight
Level: 7x

Ok im still lost as to what Lunar said, someone else explain it >.>
Gholy: 5x Eir
MageRD: 3x Wizard

03-13-2009   #19 (permalink)
sorrow 'n sadism
Games
Awards MoM Award

current kLunia patch: Protective Fortitude has duration reduced but gives the same effect as Endurance potions.

03-13-2009   #20 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
LuniaAlicia

iARE1337 is a jewel in the roughiARE1337 is a jewel in the roughiARE1337 is a jewel in the roughiARE1337 is a jewel in the rough

Since protective fortitude also buffs your party members, would that mean they too get the endurance pot-like effect?