ggFTW

ggFTW (http://ggftw.com/forum/)
-   Sieg Guides (http://ggftw.com/forum/sieg-guides/)
-   -   in depth stage skill breakdown: infinity meteor sword (http://ggftw.com/forum/sieg-guides/25420-depth-stage-skill-breakdown-infinity-meteor-sword.html)

Ultimaga 10-26-2008 06:27 PM

in depth stage skill breakdown: infinity meteor sword

This (kinda) guide focuses solely on the knight skill, infinity meteor sword, the pros, cons, uses, and maybe somethings you never knew about it.

Infinity Meteor Sword:

Shots: 1
Range: 60
Duration: 3.07 seconds
Time: 2.23 seconds
Cooldown: 60 seconds
Minimum Attainable Level: 50

Level 1 - 43~108 damage/194 mp
Level 2 - 67~112 damage/202 mp
Level 3 - 92~116 damage/209 mp
*Level 4 - 121 damage/218 mp
Level 5 - 125 damage/226 mp
Level 6 - 130 damage/234 mp
Level 7 - 135 damage/243 mp
Level 8 - 140 damage/251 mp
Level 9 - 175 damage/349 mp
Level 10- 186 damage/372 mp
Level 11- 198 damage/396 mp

(* level 4 and above all have fixed damage, it will always do that damage for every hit)

Description: Arguably the best looking knight skill, Infinity Meteor Sword, (or IMS for short) is a series of 8 hits with a wide frontal range.

Pros:

- The most efficient skill for a knight*
- Can be use very easily in combos
- Dosen't take up many points
- Can be comboed afterwards if positioned correctly
- Fixed damage at level 4 and above
- Cannot be escaped if the first hit lands

*only at level 4, compared to other skills

Cons:

- Level 1 is barely comboable
- Huge waste of time if you miss (not cancellable)
- Last 2 hits are very erratic with position and do half the damage of the first 6 hits

Comboing: you can pretty much do anything you want into IMS, even as simple as kicking S dash A, the damage will really rack up if you have max multiplier.

other combos:

Basic:

S dash A IMS
S AA kicking IMS
AAS AAAA kicking IMS

Advanced:

Any level sky slashing > IMS
AS space space dash A kicking S/cross cut dash A IMS

-------------------------

Damage: 8/10
Comboability: 8/10
Efficiency: 10/10

Final Rating: 9/10, this skill is the best skill that you can get for a knight for damage to mp ratio, learn a few basic combos with it and you'll be set. the only advisory is to try to avoid levels above 4 (unless you know what you're doing of course)

Point 10-26-2008 09:02 PM

you might want to mention that even if used on ground, if the opponent is caught in it, he cannot escape it no matter what (might not be obvious to some ppl since the skill doesn't knock ppl up until the last 2 hits)

flsg 10-26-2008 09:11 PM

^ yeah and it's also godly in pvp, after blow since you get 0 decay(you have other alternatives after blow but it's one of the good ones)

Ultimaga 10-27-2008 04:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flsg (Post 542885)
^ yeah and it's also godly in pvp, after blow since you get 0 decay(you have other alternatives after blow but it's one of the good ones)

sorry, but...

Quote:

in depth stage skill breakdown
><

Godbot3000 10-27-2008 06:38 AM

You should probably mention that all of this only applies to level 2 and beyond.

Level 1 IMS just plain sucks :/

Also, Level 2+ IMS will connect after a kicking+S -->A string from absolutely anywhere i.e. I do it with the mob on the ground, and it will connect.

pupdog12 02-07-2009 08:20 PM

ims ftw:O!!

Gatts 02-18-2009 08:37 AM

ims is easily cancelable, especially while comboing in stage with lots of other mobs shooting and running at you. nothing really survives basic shift combos at that level anyway. u wont even get to the end of ims at the end of most combos if you know how to combo. plus no ims combos allow for easy(er) dodging.

on fast attack bosses its fairly useless. to get its max potential you really have to get all the hits in and thats never a guarantee. its animation is relatively long and its not cancelable. so lets say your at rigel and you ims and he does the dragon then ur dead (at least you looked cool).

its only real advantage in stage is as you mentioned: The hax dmg multiplier, but thats moot since most stuff dies quite easily anyways.

not to say it's bad. i just think u give it to much credit at 9/10.

PS: i have lvl4 ims and liek it cuz it's liek OMNISLAAAAAASHHHHHH

Kainami 05-25-2009 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gatts (Post 721421)
PS: i have lvl4 ims and liek it cuz it's liek OMNISLAAAAAASHHHHHH

Quoted.
For.
Truth.

Personally, I think IMS for stage is quite bad compared to its possibilities in PVP. But that's just me.

OMNISLASHHHHHHH