Try 

League of Legends

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
04-29-2008   #1 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Moogler

Ultra is on a distinguished road
Default Ultra's Stage Knight Guide

I've been asked by countless people to repost the guide I put on Lunia Fan onto here, so here it is. This is only according to CURRENT G-Lunia standards, many changes may occur at anytime, thus this guide is for our current G-Lunia and may become outdated soon or far away.

Ultra’s Ultimate Stage Knight Build Current G-Lunia Version

Strike Skills

Cross Cut 1
= Great for keeping up even very simple juggles not worth maxing if you're a stage build, you may totally ignore the skill too, but 1 point is worth it.

Max Dfist = Your strongest non-60 skill. Great for PVP or stages there are no real cons of this skill except high mp cost, but for stages pots take care of this.

Stun 0 or 1 = Great to stun to set up for juggle or get free AAAAS-SP-SP shots on mini bosses (such as non juggable trolls or yetis) if you can catch monsters easy then ignore.

Finishing blow 0 = Useless for stage builds, your down attack will do more or same at higher levels, so...

Counter 1 or Max = Does great damage at max level and lower reuse time, but at least level 1 will save you from a deadly attack in stage.

Sky Slashing 0
= Useless for stages, the damage isn't worth it at all if you want to be the best at stages and resetting air damage isn’t useful as well.

Iron Hammer 1 or max
= You can't ignore this skill, this is your non-juggable boss annihilator skill, you may max it for more damage a hit but at least 1 is recommended for stages.

Sword Skills:

Max CMS = Great for mobs, even if damage is lower than 7th+ degree gears damage it still takes a good 400-500 hp chunk out of mobs of monsters.

Hurricane Sword = It is basically a weaker version of CMS with a knock down, not worth the points it takes for it to do damage, best to ignore this skill.

Thunder Sound
= Knocks down all monsters in a circle around you, but the damage is really random, with max strength builds this will do high damage every time and slow down opponent, but I wouldn't waste a point in it unless you want to look cool. The speed reduce is alright, but not worth it in stages.

Max Whirling Sword = Very easy to juggle into even if you can't catch it after, will do tons of damage on even a 4 to 7 hit juggle, also great for mobs as well.

Flash Fate 1
= The increases are very nice and 300 damage at max level, but that's 8 whole extra points, so I'd leave this at one for stages as well. (1 point for 600 damage with all 3 waves is nice)

Whirl Wind Wave 3 to 4 = Your second highest damaging non-juggable boss attacking skill when level 3-4 (next to iron hammer), it does decent damage as you are still attacking with it. 3 gives you max waves, 4 lasts a tiny bit longer.

Charge Skills:

Kicking 1 or Max = 1 to keep juggles up, but max does do great damage every 6 seconds, but if you're going into a damage or strength build then your regular attacks will do more damage so 1 would be fine.

Wind Kick Max = Great for stages does fast quick damage, can be raged for even more damage and adds juggle damage each hit to enemies that can be lifted to air , very strong.

Whirlpool Sword 0 = It's alright for stages to keep up a juggle, however maxing wind kick over it is highly recommended for stages since lack of points.

Flying Dragon Sword 0 to max
= Depending on where you want to stick points, 1 is useful and max does VERY decent damage but wind kick recovers 5 seconds faster and adds more damage if you add up all the uses.

Infinity Meteor Sword 0
= Useless for stages if you're a damage build, you'll out do its damage and easily interrupted in mobs.

Blesses:

Magic Defense 0 or 3 = Can save you and when episode 5-10 boss and Baphomet come out without high level slimes this skill will keep you alive. This skill is highly useful for many boss magic attacks as well. 3 is max because after level 3, gaining the reagent "Red Spider Rope" is considerably slower then the other reagent "Huckleberries".

Provoke 5 = A great skill to grab monsters attention off your team mates and round them up, also great to kill 1 hitter monsters like Black Crows in 2-5/2-6.

Rage Explosion 1 or Max = At least 1 point in this skill is great for high damage Destruction Fist and Wind Kick. Maxing this will give you 2 Destruction fists and 2 Wind Kicks in 1 rage cast. Level 4 is max level for using two reagents.

Protective Fortitude 0 = Not entirely useless, however you shouldn’t truly need this if you can dodge well, if you solo you can just wait out your pots.

Play Dead 1 or Max = Great life saver on some attacks. At least 1 point in this skill, max if you lure for parties and provoke + play dead to keep monsters on you. 1 is just fine though.

Ability Skills (or known as passives):

Increase HP Max = Reason you're a Knight in first place! Having high enough hp to live through boss attacks is very important for stages.

Deadly Blow 1
= Only 1 for rage, in stages this is useless for points when you can rage.

Mana Recovery Max = Saves you pots, and I mean tons of pots, no reason to not max this.

Minimize the Damage 0 = Not useful for stages, only helps lower some physical attack damage but not magic, which is usually the most damaging anyways.

Increase Mana 0 or Max = Depends on your build, +200 mana is nice to have at times, but you can live without it, depends on how many pots you can afford.

In Short the strongest stage build I can see would be (and my personal preferences):

Cross Cut = 1
Destruction Fist = 9
Stun = 0 - 1
Finishing Blow = 0
Counter = 1 or 5
Sky Slashing = 0
Iron Hammer = 2 (from what I remember, 2 to 3 is not a big increase, if this proves to be wrong later, I will update guide)

Crescent Moon Sword = 5
Hurricane Sword = 0
Thunder Sound = 0
Whirling Sword = 9
Flash Fate = 1
Whirl Wind Wave = 3 or 4

Kicking = 1 or 10 (depending on Build)
Wind Kick = 9
Whirlpool Sword = 0
Flying Dragon Sword = 1
Infinity Meteor Sword = 0

Magic Bless = 3
Provoke = 5
Rage Explosion = 1 or 4 or 7
Protective Fortitude = 0
Play Dead = 1 or 3

HP Increase = 8
Deadly Blow = 1 (For Rage)
Mana Recovery Speed = 8
Minimize the Damage = 0
Mana Increase = 0 or 4

Total = 80 Points (If bolded and underlined used)

If anyone has any questions on skills of Knights or Mages, feel free to ask me in game, I am currently using my Knight UltraFan as a main for awhile. If I don't reply I apologize, but sometimes I am away for long periods of time or in a very busy situation.

Warning, if you private message me on here, chances are I won't reply right away, I don't pay attention to MyLunia very often as the moderators can probably tell you. ^^;

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
04-29-2008   #2 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Regular

Ohsu is on a distinguished road
IGN: Ohsu
Class: Knight
Level: 63
Guild: Titans

Even in stages, I think kicking and cross cut are pretty much mandatory. Also, maxing explosion may be a bit much if level 1 isn't enough. Stopping around 3 or 4 should be fine.

04-29-2008   #3 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Lunar is a glorious beacon of lightLunar is a glorious beacon of lightLunar is a glorious beacon of lightLunar is a glorious beacon of lightLunar is a glorious beacon of lightLunar is a glorious beacon of light

i believe the iron hammer's increased dmg is for the first hit

04-29-2008   #4 (permalink)
Back from the Grave

Deity is on a distinguished road
IGN: BattleGod

It was a little annoying to read all the bolded text. Maybe you should just limit the bolding to only the skill names (just a suggestion).

edit: let me rephrase that, annoying isn't quite the word, but it was a little hard on the eyes.

04-29-2008   #5 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

pookie is on a distinguished road

nice

and dont worry about dfist and ih increase lvls in kl...it was changed back to normal skill dmg increase
BEAST아버지62 eir
pook까꽁57 sieg
YeSoul??/??423str/17.50% critpvp krieg
retired from lunia

04-29-2008   #6 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Moogler

Quote:
Originally Posted by pookie
nice

and dont worry about dfist and ih increase lvls in kl...it was changed back to normal skill increase
Is that so? Then I guess the GMs Mas and Mong didn't like the increases as much as I thought, well I'll change that back anyways. Thanks for update. ^_^

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfDeity
It was a little annoying to read all the bolded text. Maybe you should just limit the bolding to only the skill names (just a suggestion).

edit: let me rephrase that, annoying isn't quite the word, but it was a little hard on the eyes.
I know, I just posted it, am still editing it now, sowwy about that. ^_^;;;

04-29-2008   #7 (permalink)
Xpecial #1 Fan

ItsRai is on a distinguished road
IGN: Noof
Class: Fighter lt_gunslinger

Iron Hammer is only good up to level 2, the other damage increase is like 10-20 dmg?

and @ Lunar, lighting is boosted as well.

Have at least 1 FDS, you can use the frames to save others from mines, and if used right, dodge some attacks.

And @ Inf Meteor Sword, Id Say 4 or 0, since I can really one combo any juggleable mob pretty fast, and quick. most of the time you arnt canceled, unless you use it stupidly.
and whirlwave 3, id suggest only 4, since 3 does only last less, but 4 does around 4-5more hits on non juggleable boss's, minibosses

04-29-2008   #8 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Lunar is a glorious beacon of lightLunar is a glorious beacon of lightLunar is a glorious beacon of lightLunar is a glorious beacon of lightLunar is a glorious beacon of lightLunar is a glorious beacon of light

so lvl 2 IH does 600 per lightning?

04-29-2008   #9 (permalink)
Back from the Grave

Deity is on a distinguished road
IGN: BattleGod

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltraFanatic
I know, I just posted it, am still editing it now, sowwy about that. ^_^;;;
S'all good ^.^, it looks better now.

I'd have to agree with Rai w/ the FDS. It'll add tons of extra damage if you use it as a combo finisher, plus it has low mp cost and invincibility frames.

04-29-2008   #10 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Moogler

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsRai
Iron Hammer is only good up to level 2, the other damage increase is like 10-20 dmg?

and @ Lunar, lighting is boosted as well.

Have at least 1 FDS, you can use the frames to save others from mines, and if used right, dodge some attacks.

And @ Inf Meteor Sword, Id Say 4 or 0, since I can really one combo any non juggleable mob pretty fast, and quick. most of the time you arnt canceled, unless you use it stupidly.
and whirlwave 3, id suggest only 4, since 3 does only last less, but 4 does around 4-5more hits on non juggleable boss's, minibosses
I did put 1 in the final point guide already, read ahead! ^^; As for the rest, it was just showing where you may want to cut points, all my personal preferences are in the final point guide. IMS I said is only really useless with damage builds, because for 4 points worth you could've stuck somewhere else like wind kick or so while your juggles with normal attacks can go on without risking a drop if IMS doesn't finish off.

04-29-2008   #11 (permalink)
Xpecial #1 Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunar
I think so. Ill ask Night or Pook Later ;o

04-29-2008   #12 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Moogler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunar
From what I saw in Korea (since Iron hammer can no longer be canceled as it was in the GNGWC and the increases have changed to what they were then, at least for level 1 to 2 because I remember how I felt seeing such a big increase and telling Brawl ^^;; ),and since only 65 Knight I ever had or probably ever will (if Dacy comes out I'm gone from Knighthood ^-^;; ) The increase between level 1 Iron hammer and level 2 was quite a bit larger then level 2 to level 3 iron hammer and the lightning increases in damage as well.

04-29-2008   #13 (permalink)
Xpecial #1 Fan

Quote:
because for 4 points worth you could've stuck somewhere else like wind kick or so while your juggles with normal attacks can go on without risking a drop if IMS doesn't finish off.

Eh I say 4 points For More Damage (Ims) > Maxed out Windkick, it does more damage in the long run, 300 per hit (7 hits), with maxed multiplyer and wall,
vs 428 per hit, maxed multiplyer in open, (8 hits in open, 6-7 hits on wall)

and @ Ultra with the iron hammer thing.

Hes just asking if the damage jump is included with the lighting.

and Iron Hammer at +65 levels does ALOT more damage. Like 100-150 per level if i remember correctly.

04-29-2008   #14 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Moogler

Quote:
Eh I say 4 points For More Damage (Ims) > Maxed out Windkick, it does more damage in the long run, 300 per hit (7 hits), with maxed multiplyer and wall,
vs 428 per hit, maxed multiplyer in open, (8 hits in open, 6-7 hits on wall)

and @ Ultra with the iron hammer thing.

Hes just asking if the damage jump is included with the lighting.

and Iron Hammer at +65 levels does ALOT more damage. Like 100-150 per level if i remember correctly.
True, but since the last 2-3 attacks (can't remember, could be changed) of IMS can't be raged I was looking for skills that can compliment rage to the max, as well as the cool down rates. IMS is a full minute (60 seconds) cool down, where as you can use two raged wind kicks in one maxed or level 4-5 rage, so you have to take into account 2 wind kicks in the time of one IMS (especially in the long run, since 25+25 secs for wind kick cool down is 50 seconds, with constant uses such as on bosses, you will gain even more damage with windkick). Lastly, Wind kicks has quite a bit of side range to knock down enemies around you that may cancel you, where as IMS has very small range compared with the exception of the last sword throwing hits that has decent range. Also this guide is for CURRENT G-Lunia standards, not future guesses or Korean-revelations, you can always skill reset it all next update anyways.

As for Iron Hammer, yes the damage jump when I used it back then DID include the lightning, however, even if it does not anymore or here, the 2 points would still stand for first shot, since you can rage the first hit and have an even bigger increase with that shot.

04-29-2008   #15 (permalink)
Vicious Yetituff
Games
Dungeon Fighter OnlineEden EternalLeague of LegendsLunia
Awards Retired Forum Moderator

Gaiety will become famous soon enough

Anyone who's used Whirlwind Wave level 3 can tell you that the AI of the third nado is pretty stupid at level 3 (Goes the wrong way, behind you, etc.)

I'd say go with 2 or 4. 2 since it doesn't reset combo bonus if you Dfist correctly, 4 for obvious duration+3 nados.

Also, for Rage Explosion, add level 4 as an option (maximum level without having to use the third reagent).

04-29-2008   #16 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Moogler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaiety
Anyone who's used Whirlwind Wave level 3 can tell you that the AI of the third nado is pretty stupid at level 3 (Goes the wrong way, behind you, etc.)

I'd say go with 2 or 4. 2 since it doesn't reset combo bonus if you Dfist correctly, 4 for obvious duration+3 nados.

Also, for Rage Explosion, add level 4 as an option (maximum level without having to use the third reagent).
I was actually planning on doing that for Rage, I just needed to make sure that 4 was max level without needing an extra reagent, thank you for confirming that for me. ^_^ However, I still recommend max for double Destruction Fist and Wind Kick usage as well as other skills such as FDS and A spams or combos.

As for Dfist combos, the traditional NPC combo of kicking into Destruction fist would still be best for stages without reset of damage. (This is of course, looking from a new player's standard who can only combo forward or not very well) As for the tornado levels 3's tornado WILL go the right way if it has a target, other wise it will go the other way which can knock things on your back into air if something is sneaking up on you. 2 would also not be recommended because 3 tornadoes adds considerable non juggle hits compared to 2. As for my logic on level 3 or 4, it was simply about the 3 tornadoes, and 3 was an option only if you wished to save points for something else such as play dead level or maxing Iron hammer (or a skill that looks cool like 1 point IMS) while still getting 3 tornadoes of damage onto a boss.

This guide was made taking every skill level into account, even complete and utter newbies such as myself into the equation. None of these moves require an extremely large combo thought pattern or instinct, as all these skills can be used as spam skills, (with the exception of kicking and cross cut which require to know a simple simple combo such as AASAAAA or SAAAA to make proper use of them and are not hard to learn).

04-29-2008   #17 (permalink)
Xpecial #1 Fan

Quote:
As for Iron Hammer, yes the damage jump when I used it back then DID include the lightning, however, even if it does not anymore or here, the 2 points would still stand for first shot, since you can rage the first hit and have an even bigger increase with that shot.

Um...I just tested it on Test server (or Pook did) and it does include the jump?.. for lighting, the first hit is the only hit for rage

04-29-2008   #18 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Moogler

Quote:
Um...I just tested it on Test server (or Pook did) and it does include the jump?.. for lighting, the first hit is the only hit for rage
^_^ Rai-san, you have just successfully repeated what I just said about the first shot.

*answers post below this one*
Quote:
Didnt you say the lighting didnt include the damage jump for iron hammer? thats the quest i was answering and i did repeat it for clarity ;o
As for the Lightning I said it DID include the Lightning in damage jump when I used it as I said on what you quoted me on, I just wasn't sure about G-Lunia or if they had changed it in K-Lunia since of course, I do not have a high level Knight to test these things.

04-29-2008   #19 (permalink)
Xpecial #1 Fan

Quote:
^_^ Rai-san, you have just successfully repeated what I just said about the first shot.
Didnt you say the lighting didnt include the damage jump for iron hammer? thats the quest i was answering and i did repeat it for clarity ;o

>.> I Meant. You said the levels didnt matter for lighting, and they do.

The first hit is the only hit that can get a crit~

04-29-2008   #20 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Moogler

Quote:

>.> I Meant. You said the levels didnt matter for lighting, and they do.

The first hit is the only hit that can get a crit~
When did I say levels didn't matter for lightning? o.o! I was talking about the damage jump between level 1 and 2, I think you got confuzzled along the way. And yesh, as I said the first shot's critical is still a reason to increase IH to level 2 even IF lightning didn't increase.