Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Elsword

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
02-07-2008   #61 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Regular

udiefiy is on a distinguished road

Zentai, kick ass guide man. Thanks a lot, this helps!

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
02-07-2008   #62 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Stalker

bobzenrich is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by udiefiy
Zentai, kick ass guide man. Thanks a lot, this helps!
Thanks! ^^ I think that's the first time someone's major complimented this guide ._.".

02-07-2008   #63 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Lunar is a glorious beacon of lightLunar is a glorious beacon of lightLunar is a glorious beacon of lightLunar is a glorious beacon of lightLunar is a glorious beacon of lightLunar is a glorious beacon of light

... but but.. his char's a wizard.. lol

02-08-2008   #64 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Regular

Fine Lunar! I also have a 2X knight...happy? (Just for that, i'm gonna have to update my profile)
By the way, I was walking around today and I saw cobolt's friendship equipments. Can someone plz tell me how to get them?
...plz...

P.S. Also getting use to shifting...feels so awkward...heard it's essential in PVP tho

02-08-2008   #65 (permalink)
sorrow 'n sadism
Games
Eden EternalLuniaLeague of LegendsWorld of Warcraft
Awards MoM Award

m1s3ri has much to be proud ofm1s3ri has much to be proud ofm1s3ri has much to be proud ofm1s3ri has much to be proud ofm1s3ri has much to be proud ofm1s3ri has much to be proud ofm1s3ri has much to be proud ofm1s3ri has much to be proud of

Cobolt's Friendship equipment is from Secret Base of Cobolt, the Legend Episode 3 raid stage. Requires level 50+, and you must have completed Cobolt Battlefield in Legend.

Also, shifting and/or halfdashing is essential if you wanna do long combos of any sort... and while it's not the most important thing, being able to do long combos when it's appropriate is a useful ability both for stage and PvP.

02-08-2008   #66 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Lurker

CyborGamer is on a distinguished road

Good guide, there's some I've never tried. Though this guide is quite limited, what with only Triple Kick, Cross Cut, and Wind Kick. I hope you add some more advanced techniques consisting new skills.

02-08-2008   #67 (permalink)
Back from the Grave

Deity is on a distinguished road
IGN: BattleGod
Guild: Titans

Hm add some info on the shifting and wall combos. You can only shift 'quick enough' after certain attacks, for example:

Cross cut Space Space = Cannot shift properly. There is a delay after the second poke, however..

Cross cut Space = It's definitely possible to shift, mainly because the first poke has almost no delay which allows you to shift or continue an A A A A or A A >> A S chain.

Also, during wall combos, ( A S Space Space ) you have to time it very precisely.

a.) If you attack too fast, your 'poke' or second space, will completely miss and you'll end up 'under' the opponent

b.) If you attack too slow, they'll basically fall on the floor.

Well yeah..something like that. Nevertheless, great guide. I'd like to challenge you to a match when you get around my level, or, the other way around .

02-08-2008   #68 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by firetruckmat
Hm add some info on the shifting and wall combos. You can only shift 'quick enough' after certain attacks, for example:

Cross cut Space Space = Cannot shift properly. There is a delay after the second poke, however..

Cross cut Space = It's definitely possible to shift, mainly because the first poke has almost no delay which allows you to shift or continue an A A A A or A A >> A S chain.

Also, during wall combos, ( A S Space Space ) you have to time it very precisely.

a.) If you attack too fast, your 'poke' or second space, will completely miss and you'll end up 'under' the opponent

Well yeah..something like that. Nevertheless, great guide. I'd like to challenge you to a match when you get around my level, or, the other way around .
I'll lose =I.

Btw, thx for info. I'll probly ad soon.

02-10-2008   #69 (permalink)
ggFTW Regular
Games
MapleStoryGrand Chase
Awards Retired Forum Moderator

DarthVad3r is on a distinguished road
Exclamation

Stickied as per request

Now Zentai where are my cookies?

So many thoughts runnin all through my head!
But the only one that's clear is rock the dead!

I drive way too fast to worry about my cholesterol.

A tale of epic proportions: The MyLunia storyEpisode #1

02-10-2008   #70 (permalink)
Awards Facebook Fan

Kreig is an unknown quantity at this point
Guild: OurStory

no cookies for you =P i ate em

02-11-2008   #71 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Addict

xgaryx is on a distinguished road

I can't believe i hadn't seen this guide.....zentai...i luv u. Rly dude nice guide 0.0

02-11-2008   #72 (permalink)
sorrow 'n sadism
Games
Awards MoM Award

m1s3ri has much to be proud ofm1s3ri has much to be proud ofm1s3ri has much to be proud ofm1s3ri has much to be proud ofm1s3ri has much to be proud ofm1s3ri has much to be proud ofm1s3ri has much to be proud ofm1s3ri has much to be proud of

Quote:

You can actually shift after pretty much anything, it's just that certain attacks give you more height and/or are cancelable faster, which makes it easier. However, if you build up sufficient height and proper distance/angle, you can shift off things like Cross Cut space space, AAAA, or even AA.

Quote:

If you place yourself properly, you can't go under the opponent; this also eliminates the need for a backdash and you can just sit there spamming AS sp sp and building height. Cheap? Very yes. Possible and effective? Also yes. Other thing you can do is just to shift after one or two AS sp sp so that you're going parallel to the wall, then do a normal combo for a bit and shift away from the wall to return to normal combos.

02-11-2008   #73 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Addict

Mengjun is on a distinguished road
IGN: AngeloDiabolica
Class: Krieg lt_gunslinger
Level: 59
Guild: DashAttack / Synergy(Lunia, not MMOG))

Ah I get it, and the variation of that with Dash A's is called "pinging"?

02-11-2008   #74 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Regular

Hey Zentai, could you explain how some seigs move really fast and it looks like they are upper cutting?
I think this is a pretty noobish question...

02-12-2008   #75 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by udiefiy
Hey Zentai, could you explain how some seigs move really fast and it looks like they are upper cutting?
I think this is a pretty noobish question...
Erm, upper cut... Can you be more specific?

02-12-2008   #76 (permalink)
Vicious Yetituff
Games
Dungeon Fighter OnlineEden EternalLeague of LegendsLunia
Awards Retired Forum Moderator

Gaiety will become famous soon enough

"Upperdash":

S Dash.

02-12-2008   #77 (permalink)
sorrow 'n sadism
Games
Awards MoM Award

It's the S-cancel or S-dash, where you hit S and then dash out of it before the animation ends.
EDIT: Gaiety, stop beating me to answers =P

02-12-2008   #78 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Stalker

Oh yeah, thanks Gaiety and Miseri. I guess I'll add that in there...

02-19-2008   #79 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Stalker

Okay, I added Gaiety's stuff. Comments please.

02-19-2008   #80 (permalink)
sorrow 'n sadism
Games
Awards MoM Award

After rereading the entire thing, I suggest adding more on the theory/reasoning behind various attacks throughout the guide instead of just providing example combos.

For example, Gaiety's advanced wall combo section could be broken down into:
1. Using AS sp sp in any of the 3 directions facing the wall to build airtime and get next to the wall
2. Using dash A CC sp to safely shift from AAAA, or to keep the combo legal under GNG tourney rules
3. Using the downward slash of Kicking S or AAAS to push a target away from a wall, then using a 4key shift to catch up with it and continue the combo

#3 can also be used in the open to modify centering/distance from target.

Note that it is possible to go completely under the target when using AS sp sp at a wall if you're facing perpendicular to the wall or if you are misaligned on the diagonal--you can, at least in some (most? all?) cases avoid this by either delaying on your backdash or slowing down your AS sp sp to avoid pushing the target high enough for you to move under it.

AAAS vs AAAA: the time between the 3rd and 4th hit is higher, and the 4th/5th hit with AAAS has a shorter range.

You can use AAS in the middle of a combo; it can be chained fairly smoothly into AA, AAAA, AAAS, or even another AAS; this can be used to control how far you travel in a certain melee string.

AASS sp sp can sometimes be used to transition between normal and wall combos as the final hits are similar to AS sp sp as far as the way they push and grant height... probably need more info from someone else, this isn't something I use often.

Something bothers me a little about the shifting/halfdash/backdash section. They're all methods used to extend combos, just in different directions; a short explanation as to their applications, particularly when to halfdash and when to shift, might be in order. Also, you could add in 4key shifts; see your quote from Gaiety for details.

All I caught for now, I'll check more after I eat~