Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
12-07-2007   #1 (permalink)
Awards Facebook Fan

Kreig is an unknown quantity at this point
Guild: OurStory
Post Sieg skill explained

The Sieg Skill guide

Hiya, Iím Kreig, and yeah, Iím bored and I canít prepare some stuff in Lunia at the moment cause itís not working. So yeah, I decided, why not explain the Sieg skills and how many points in them are good, and what skills should be avoided. NO THIS IS NOT A BUILD. For the PvP one read Zyrisí one. Itís really good. Zyris can tell you more about PvP as he is supposed to be the best here =P.

Okay, I noticed that all Sieg skills can be comboed one way or another. The only skill that canít be comboed is counter attack. Itís kinda obvious why it canít be comboed. Even thundersound can be comboed.

Letís start with the strike tab (Sieg skills are divided into 5 tabs).

how to go to where you want. press ctrl+F then copy example qwertyui5 paste it then press search.

Note: build is under construcktion for now. will be fixed this weekend
1. Skills
-a. strike- (qwertyui1)
-b. sword- (qwertyui2)
-c. charge- (qwertyui3)
-d. bless- (qwertyui4)
-c. ability- (qwertyui5)
2. builds
-a. stage- (qwertyui6)
-b. pvp- (qwertyui7)
-c. hybrid- (qwertyui8)

-Strike- (qwertyui1)

CrossCut- Okay, this isnít my favorite skill, and I kinda hate it. But anyhow itís a very useful skill. What it does is explained in its description, but Iíll still say it slashes the enemy/enemies 2 times and takes you closer. This skill can be for damage and for continuing combos as it takes you closer to the enemy. The easiest way to use it is crosscut (1cut only) space aa etc. The harder way is to use both cuts to get 100% of its damage, it can be done, but itís harder. If the skill generator isnít lying, then it hits 428 at max. Donít forget the air booster (stage) and in PvP, if you just use it before it get reduced too much then its kinda great hitting 200-300 and then continuing your combo.

Stg> 1 or max. Anything, by the way, is just awful.
PvP> 1 or max ^same as above

Destruction Fist- A very nice skill. What it does is that you simply punch them with a incredibly strong punch =P(one of Siegís strongest skill). Most knights love it. A combo ender(most of the time). If your good with timing with Whirlwind Wave then itís possible to continue. It pushes enemies to far away. Thatís whatís bad about it and it will lower the height of the enemy by a lot. Anyway, when maxed it hits 762 and with max air booster I heard it hits 4k, and thatís like 1 Iron Hammer on a boss. In PvP itís awesome, Whirlwind Wave space(reset airtime thing) Dfist. Thats like 1k damage depending how many spaces you get in. Thats one of the things that makes knights get advantages in PvP.

Stg> MAX MAX MAX
PvP> MAX MAX MAX

Blow- Well I say itís good. Who doesnít like stun? Your character runs at the enemy (great distance) and hits them in the head. In stages I rarely use it. I can even count how many times I have used it in stages (8 times). In PvP I have used it countless times and when it hits, the one you are fighting will most likely panic or get very mad Ďcause he just lost 700 hp(lv 44). Not allways of course but often =P. Blow FF cancel and combo(hard to pull) hits a lot. This is another advantage we get over the other classes. Just wait for them to miss a skill thatís long or have long cooldown. (does not work on healers, they got dodge). You can combo it but I say forget it, as the stun effect does not work in juggle.

Stg> 0 or 1 (comes handy on mobs that are annoying, just that you forget you have blow)
PvP> 1 (I see no point in over 1 even if it gives higher stun time, 1 hit and they loose the stun anyway.)

Final Blow- Well, I say itís useless; others say its awesome. Itís an extra down hit. You ''slash'' air and they get damaged and then you can do down attack after it. It works as combo ender (Never ever seen anyone combo after it) it pushes the enemies too far from yourself. I donít have it so I cant say much of it in PvP but Iíve been hit by it a lot of times and it gives extra damage. Yeah, and it can hurt a lot depending on the level on it. So yeah, if someone got it please give me some more info on it and how many points itís worth.

Stg> 0 there are better skills to get
PvP> No idea. Waiting for someone to tell me how many points. Look at Zyrisí thread he might have posted how many points =P.

Counter Attack- I say this is MUST MUST MUST get skill. It has saved me a gazillion times. When monster spins youíll love it. When play dead is on cooldown. You canít run and they start spinning. Why not just give them some damage back and get a higher survival rate? And I love countering Kanhel spins or the Adamant Titan one. 155x4 hurts Kanhel a lot. Thatís nearly a Dfist. Cons is that you will hate it forever Ďtil you master the timing on it. In PvP it can save you but its way harder to use in PvP, you need practice A LOT to use it perfectly in PvP. Level 1 is 60 sec and level 5 is 20 sec you pick how long a cooldown you want.

Stg> I say 5, but you pick.
PvP> 5 if your good with it. You will need every cooldown.

Iron Hammer ĖYay! Finally here. GRATS when you get here. Itís Siegís level 60 skill and boy, will you love it. Sieg swings his sword up then down(not sure if down stab gives damage) and a thunder falls on your enemy turning them into crisps. 3.5-4k damage on bosses. 1-1.4k damage on normal and PvP. On combo I heard it can hit 7k (vorp said so blame him if its a lie) and of course itís in stage =P. Cons is 300 second cooldown and itís slow.

Quote FTW!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vorpal
About iron hammer, I'll explain a little bit more... Iron hammer's 1st hit does have the capability to do critical dmg but the next hits will not. Oh, and about using it in combos for staging purposes it can reach even over 10k dmg if you know how to extend your combos correctly, I'm not perfect at all so I only manage to make it do around 7.4k dmg in the air with combos but, I'm sure other good people out there can do better. It's pretty slow like IMS so comboing with it is kinda hard as well but not as hard as IMS (check the time on them and you'll see what I mean).

Stg> 1 (300 sec isnít cool)
PvP> 1 or max I say; max is not recommended.

-Sword- (qwertyui2)

Cresent Moon Sword - One of the few range Sieg skills. Itís an AOE , and itís really good in stages when you get a mob. It hits 4 times per mob. Sieg shoots a beam or something (hard to explain). In PvP 1v1 I say it sucks as what Iíve seen of it and used of it. In 2v2-4v4 it might get useful as it harder to escape and less room space and more chaos on those matches.

Stg > 5
PvP > 0 or maxed (maxed for team pvp)

Hurricane Sword- Iíll leave this blank Ďtil I get more info on it.

Thunder Sound- Well its description lies, so Iíll tell what it really does. Sieg smashes his sword in the ground making a ''earthquake'' that makes your enemies fall. I say it sucks, it hits low and it can hit 0 on any level and level 8 for 0~239 damage is ew. Whatís cool is the effect, 1 it adds slow and you will love its slow- 50% slow and it makes your enemies fall on the ground. Oh yeah, and it can combo in some way, so yeah ending it with this is good as it adds 50% slow when maxed. In stages its crap; i donít wanna explain but it sucks.

Stg> 0 useless
PvP> 0, 1 or maxed

Whirling Sword - Sieg throws his sword as a Frisbee (delta forced me write this) in a cool way, you know as a pro does it with 200% confidence. I used to hate this skill but now I love it. I use it as much as kicks. Whirling is a hard to master skill as its cancel need practice. The cancel is like this > Whirling sword dash to side then AS(sidestep) then press so your character turns and A or a skill. Oh yeah, I also heard it works as whirling dash as dash a skill. Looks really cool when you pull it off. Itís one of the best PvP skill for Sieg I say. Decent dmg, comboable, cool looking AND RANGED. WOO HOO. Unlike cresent this hits 3 times while cresent is not comboable; this is =P.

Stg> 1 or max (I love)
Pvp> 1 or max (again I love it)

Flash Fate-Sieg shoots 3 beams at his enemy but unlike cresent this one bombs on contact while cresent goes right through. It works excellent with Blow, and you can combo after it the same way as whirling, but it needs even more training as you need distance to pull it off. It hits 700 on level 1. Cons is itís very sloooooooooow so it kinda only works after S or blow.

Stg> 1 (more then 1 eats mp and it doesnít increase damage much)
PvP> 1 ^ same as above

Whirlwind Wave - I cant get enough of this skill. Sieg swings his sword and creates tornados that will follow your enemies. This skill really needs a nerf. Thatís how good it is. You can reset air thing in PvP and in stages it can hit 20 (at least it hit 22 times on the mammoth today if I wasnít hallucinating again) times on a boss and that = 2k dmg and you can attack while the tornados are out. Itís super easy to combo its use time is 0.2 sec. You can do a Dfist into it and continue combo after Dfist or run away and do a FF and combo. You can do a lot with this. Anyways, people call them Nado. Con the tornados got there own will and might go after other mobs you donít wanna kill and you will get very, very frustrated when they are like ''Oh yeah, lets skip the boss and attack those minions of his.'' <,<

Stg> 4 (It gets max range and it has 3 nados)
pvp> 4 ^same as above

-Charge- (qwertyui3)

Triple kick- Kick for short. Sieg does 3 cool kicks. This is the skill I use 24/7. You can nearly use it anytime you want. It does low damage but thatís not what its used for, its used to link combos as you can shift after kick or do dash s aa or whatever you want. This is a skill thatís a must for a Sieg as itís the basic thing for a combo. A Sieg without kicks = fail. Itís so good its getting nerfed in the future.

Stg> 1 or max
PvP> 1 or max

Wind Kick- Sieg does some matrix thing on the enemies. It hits 7 times if Iím not wrong (correct me plox XD). Well, I thought this was combo ender but Ultra said you can combo after it, so yeah I dunno. I say its not good at all for PvP, only use is that your jump or whatever is very long with it and you are able to KD (knock down) people with 0 hp. In stage itís very good it hits 7 times and that increase it own damage 2 times on the last hit. It can be comboed super easy and I like using it close to the walls (wall combo is hard for me T_T) =P.

Stg> 1 or max
PvP> 1 (Good to KD and run away XD)

Whirlpool Sword- I like this skill but I havenít used it for a while. Siegís sword spins and he kinda runs a decent distance. Good to run away with, you can combo IMS after it and you can come closer with it when you cancel it with space. Just donít forget press space before the last hit, it pushes too far on last hit. It hits 5 times. It does ok damage but there are better choices =P. I say use it for interesting combos XD

Stg> 1
PvP> 1

Flying Dragon Sword- I used to like this skill. Sieg turns invincible during this skill and run and jumps up with his sword, dragging mobs up with him. Looks flashy but should be renamed to FLY AWAY SWORD. The skill is often called FDS. You can combo after it (ask ultra how). The best run away skill, you can also jump or run over spells like moon pieces (I have never done this lol. Havenít even thought about it). It hits 4 times. You canít get damage while youíre doing it. But you can get damage at the beginning and the end.

Stg> 1 or max (People seem to like it a lot, so yeah, max it if you really love it =P)
Pvp> 1 (Ďcause the more hit a skill does the lower damage it will do =P, so lv 1)

Infinite Meteor Sword- Itís as cool as it sounds. Iíll describe it easily: Sieg slashes the enemy up. You can combo this and it does ZOMG damage. Itís cool and powerful. Only big cons is that itís sooo easy to cancel and the 1st hit is slooow. o yea on a later patch IMS will be changed so you can continue after it.

Stg> 1,4, or max (You need to be very focused when you use it.)
PvP> 1,4, or max (Good luck using its full potential; its quite hard.)

-Bless- (qwertyui4)

Provoke- Well, I say MAX MAX MAX it. Sieg kinda shouts or something and mobs get mad at him. Yeah, this is the skill that makes you a knight. Any knight without this isnít a knight in my eyes. 1: you can save people with it, 2: you can stuck stuff with it, 3: you can reset its aggro to 0 4 you pull mobs (players also) to you. In PvP when you use it, it seems the opponent gets a lag and comes closer and gets a slow effect, so yeah, dash and start comboing or blow them, your choice. Provoke is the best skill a knight has.

Stg> MAX MAX MAX MAX MAX MAX
PvP> MAX MAX MAX MAX MAX MAX MAX MAX

Magic Defense- I love this skill. He does that annoying buff animation and gets the buff. This skill is a life saver in PvP and stage. Everything that has an element will be blocked from element punches to element projectiles (all magic projectile has an element) or magic AOE(only 1 AOE doesnít have a element, and its from Adaman). You might say 16 sec is nothing. But what if you see Kanhel breathe and you got no time to run? Just magic def. If you practiced like me, you will get it in 70% of the time and then you can just run up to him and do Iron Hammer or something. In Adaman raid when you do Kstyle stuck. Magic def, run up to them, do nado, Iron Hammer, IMS, Dfist, run back FF, and Iím pretty sure theyíve just lost 10k hp. So that hit 30k total for 16 sec. In PvP it will force Dainn and Eir go into melee combat (As we know, Siegís got the advantage there.) and all elemental based skills are ignored like whirling sword, nado, and other skills.

Stg> 0 or 3
PvP> 0 or 3

Rage Explosion Ė Iíll leave it blank for now.

Play Dead- Well this is one of the biggest life-savers in both PvP and stage. Sieg drops dead (Okay, not really dead just looses 30hp). In PvP you can nearly always play dead before a lifting attack. Canít dodge play dead all attack will miss but down attacks will hit you. You donít wanna waste your time down. Just dash and cancel it. Itís an excellent skill and a MUST MUST GET.

Stg> 1 (More level take more hp and 5 sec lower cd [cooldown] per level is not worth it.)
Pvp> 1 ^ same as above

Protective Fortitude Ė Okay, Iíve gotten some info on this. Itís a buff skill that regains your HP. I think itís a nice skill for soloers and in PvP this might just save your life. Okay, Lagg wrote that this WILL NOT HEAL your hp at 0 hp as the ghost hunter one does. I donít have it, but it seems useful. Itís just hard get enough points for it.

Stg> 0 or max
PvP> 0 or max (I think you need all hp you can get itís but still optional to get =P.)

-Ability- (qwertyui5)

Max HP Increase- Not much to say but it makes your HP big and hot.

Stg> max or quit
Pvp> max or quit

Mana Regeneration- Not much to say either, but this is the only mana getting source thatís good for a Sieg. You will have a harsh time without it and it will make you feel like quitting.

Stg> max or feel like crap later
PvP> max ^ same as above

Deadly Blow- It adds critical. I say more level than 1 is a waste. Tia gets 4 levels for deadly blow and gets 30% critical rate while Sieg gets 8 points and only 10%. Really unfair. 1st level gives 3% chance all levels above add 1% more.

Stg> 1 or max (I highly donít recommend max; Itís point wasting.)
Pvp> 1 or max (same as above)

Minimize Damage- As it says, it minimizes damage BUT NOT AFTER THE THE % IT SAYS. The % means how often it will make your enemy hit his/her lowest. The lowest is like your damage ''lowest''~''highest''. This skill is excellent for battling Tia. Her criticals do very little damage as they must be 1.5 higher damage from the lowest value.

Stg> 0 ,2, or 4(Useless most of the time, but useful at bosses that use spin like moves.)
PvP> 4 (You have to fear Tia.)

Mana Increase- The only useless Sieg skill, I say. 200 mp for 4 skill is BS! I can get 200 mp from equipping 1 item -_-. Use your points wisely.

Stg> 0 or max (Youíre desperate or dumb if you max.)
PvP> 0 or max (Helps a bit more here, but still kinda same as above.)

BUILDS!

k il upload some builds

il fix this section VERY soon

Phew finally done. Anyways, tell me what to add or what is wrong or whatever. I want this stickyed anyway; this was made December 7th and this could BS tomorrow if thereís a patch or something! So yeah, I will update this if someone says anything to make it better or if I discover something new. As I said earlier, read Zyrisí guide to also fully understand how knights work.

No posting outside this forum.

Anyways, good luck with your knight ^^.

Okay, this is the 1st time I have ever wrote something like this, so I want some help =P. Tell me what to do.

http://www.mylunia.net/forum/showthread.php?t=8703 <--- Zyrisí PvP guide.

NOTE:MADE BY ME sami/kreig(whatever you call me) and corrected by Zentai . yea you all knw my grammar suxs
just took your corrected version to mine coz you knw i might update it ~~

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
12-07-2007   #2 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Regular

janomis is on a distinguished road

so nice to read this thread, while server is down... nice one samicool.

12-07-2007   #3 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Regular

ineed2lvlup is on a distinguished road

Good post Kreig, now I just need cash shop for a skill reset ;p

12-07-2007   #4 (permalink)
Awards Facebook Fan

lol =P hope for free skil reset for christmas =P

12-07-2007   #5 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Addict
Games
League of LegendsLunia

Antics is on a distinguished road
IGN: Scourge
Class: Knight lt_gunslinger

Eww, waiting for cash shop gonna take forever lol...as for me, i restarted knight...it'll be easy to get it to 5x cuz of yeti, cough cough*, anyway nice skill guide for siegs, finally a thread that actually helped me on the skills for my new knight!

Let's see here...the changes i'm gonna make for my new knight is max wind kick (I use it all the time in stage and sometimes in pvp), and I'm gonna put my crosscut at lvl 4...kicking lvl 6 (yes i'm putting it in the middle so it'll even out the mp cost and dmg, max of both = no more mp for comboing and less sp for other skills), put no points into fds (if it's only for running away, i'm not even gonna bother)gonna max provoke, dunno if i should max counter (people everywhere say it's really good but some say lvl 4 is fine?) I'm trying to get only 10 to 12 skills max for sieg, cuz i hate changing between skill sets, so that'sbasically why I'm doing my skills this way and if any1 have any suggestions, please tell me ^^.

Something to say, something to do.
Nothing to say, when there's nothing to do.

12-07-2007   #6 (permalink)
Awards Facebook Fan

well i devided my sets into. shift+1 stage shift+2 all pots or drugs or whatever you wanna call it shift +3 pvp

12-07-2007   #7 (permalink)
MMOG Stalker

riceburner4540 is an unknown quantity at this point

FDS and Blow both have invincibility frames. Think of the possibilities! There's a ton of things you can do with FDS alone, and your suggestion is that it's a good skill to use for running away? O_o...
"If someone asks you whether or not you're ticklish, it doesn't matter what you say, they're gonna touch you. If you don't wanna be touched, you gotta say something like, 'I have diarrhea. And yes, I'm very ticklish.'"

12-07-2007   #8 (permalink)
Awards Facebook Fan

yep, windkick > fds in combo whirling > fds, whirlpool> fds coz you can do IMS after it

12-07-2007   #9 (permalink)
MMOG Stalker

Here's a suggestion. Pesky Healer casting Moon Pieces at you? FDS right through it and smack her in the face. Blow works just as well too. Try it some time.
"If someone asks you whether or not you're ticklish, it doesn't matter what you say, they're gonna touch you. If you don't wanna be touched, you gotta say something like, 'I have diarrhea. And yes, I'm very ticklish.'"

12-07-2007   #10 (permalink)
Awards Facebook Fan

just sidestep or mag def =P. i dont have time to d menu fds

12-07-2007   #11 (permalink)
MMOG Stalker

Yeah, but sidestep and magic defense doesn't do damage. Plus, it'd make the healer think twice about casting Pieces at you.

12-07-2007   #12 (permalink)
Awards Facebook Fan

as i said i dont have time to d menu fds. even then its a run away skill. as you can see your running or jumping over pieces. im gonna sleep baii

12-07-2007   #13 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Stalker

CHEBIv.2 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to CHEBIv.2

Now I really want a skill change P.S. thank you samicool

Wanderers fall asleep in the SleepingForest

12-07-2007   #14 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Stalker

Lagg is on a distinguished road

i disagree in regards of FDS. when maxed it does more damage than d-fist, costs less mp, can be used in combos for 3k-4k dmg, is easier to hit it in pvp, longer range. some ppl dont wanna waste an extra 9 sp when they alrdy have d-fist, but it doesnt mean its an escape only skill.

protective fortitude is a buff that adds some defense and regains a certain amount of hp per second for the duration of the buff. unlike eir's heals, this wont heal you when you have 0 hp so you can use a pot, and the total hp healed is about the same as you get from a pot. having a healer in your party makes this skill meaningless, and even when u dont hav one its still fairly useless, use a pot instead.

hurricane sword its a ranged skill of the sorts of cms, but its area of effect is more narrow and damage is nothing fancy. when maxed (9 sp) does the exact same dmg per hit as cms, but i think it only hits 3 times (gotta check that, havent used it in a long while). aside from that, it knocks mobs down, and also hits those who are already down. not many get this skill, and the few who do get it for the knock down only.

good job on the guide

12-07-2007   #15 (permalink)
Awards Facebook Fan

you knw why dfist > fds? coz fds is harder to hit. you have to lower the enemy to get in 4. it wil end you combo 90% of them time. its very anoying to hit with in whirlwind wave coz you will miss or drag it out it.its only a escape skill + what cyss that you can ignore dmg and hit them. you can even continue combo after dfist, but for a FDS continue comboe you need tons of hieght and only last hit as all hits need a very low height. its only worth 1 point. max it if you want but i highly unrecomend it

12-07-2007   #16 (permalink)
Awards Facebook Fan

k i added what you wrote cyss

12-08-2007   #17 (permalink)
MMOG Stalker

darkdestiny is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lagg

protective fortitude is a buff that adds some defense and regains a certain amount of hp per second for the duration of the buff. unlike eir's heals, this wont heal you when you have 0 hp so you can use a pot, and the total hp healed is about the same as you get from a pot. having a healer in your party makes this skill meaningless, and even when u dont hav one its still fairly useless, use a pot instead.
Hrmm... I can only assume that you can pot enough whenever you need to pot because the cool down for pot is oh so wonderfully short. I suppose you can live off apples and big apples but they never drop when you really need it to.. it's better to rely on skills you have than on a drop anyhow. As for why you'd be without a healer, consider soloing side stages for those legendary items (mirage necklace, miller's ring, blah blah)

Quote:
Originally Posted by samicool10
you knw why dfist > fds? coz fds is harder to hit. you have to lower the enemy to get in 4. it wil end you combo 90% of them time. its very anoying to hit with in whirlwind wave coz you will miss or drag it out it.its only a escape skill + what cyss that you can ignore dmg and hit them. you can even continue combo after dfist, but for a FDS continue comboe you need tons of hieght and only last hit as all hits need a very low height. its only worth 1 point. max it if you want but i highly unrecomend it
Although most of this is generally true, none of these combos are actually done in stages. I mean who actually ends a combo with Dfist instead of blasting it in front of a mob? You can combo with so many other skills to do damage like whirlpool (even at level 1 it'll do 500 damage at least with all air multiplier) or whirling sword. Not only do they do a lot of damage in a combo, but you can still combo after. If you feel like doing a combo and ending it early you can even do an IMS combo for major damage as well. A D-fist combo is pretty much a waste of a D-fist seeing as monster with knock up has enough HP to live through a decent whirling sword combo to start with so ending it with D-fist is too excessive.

Dfist and FDS are more often just spammed in the open to knock down monsters so your whole party can space bar them to death given they have enough skill and know the mechanics of how that works. So there really is no harm in maxing FDS for extra damage while spamming skills as stage builds have enough points to get all the powerful skills anyhow.

12-08-2007   #18 (permalink)
Awards Facebook Fan

i rather use dfist then fds. fds is to small wide.

12-08-2007   #19 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Stalker

Lagg is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkdestiny
Hrmm... I can only assume that you can pot enough whenever you need to pot because the cool down for pot is oh so wonderfully short. I suppose you can live off apples and big apples but they never drop when you really need it to.. it's better to rely on skills you have than on a drop anyhow. As for why you'd be without a healer, consider soloing side stages for those legendary items (mirage necklace, miller's ring, blah blah)
so, 4 sp for an extra pot with 50 sec cooldown that heals 8 hp per second, to be used when your pots are in cooldown and there's no healer available (soloing most of the times). that kinda narrows down its uses, besides having to farm/carry the reagents with you. ok, it may not be completely useless, but its close. cant you just run around till your pots cool down? and if you need hp so badly, im sure the 8(16?) hp/sec healing rate wont help much in such a hard situation. btw, those 8hp/sec are according to the skill generator, but im seeing some diferences between that and the one in glunia, it seems that in glunia buff duration has been halved from 60 to 30 secs and the hp healed per second has been doubled. outdated skill?

12-08-2007   #20 (permalink)
MMOG Stalker

In an extremely difficult PvP match, the hp recovered from that skill may mean the difference between a win and a loss. Usually, this isn't enough to warrant its use, but who knows. Some people like it.