ggFTW

ggFTW (http://ggftw.com/forum/)
-   Sense Type (http://ggftw.com/forum/sense-type/)
-   -   Scientist or Cyber Hunter? (http://ggftw.com/forum/sense-type/120199-scientist-cyber-hunter.html)

InfernalGuy 01-12-2013 06:28 AM

Scientist or Cyber Hunter?

Ok, so I've made a lion, hopefully I'll be able to play him decent amount of time. Fast tracked him, stats so far are :

http://i1254.photobucket.com/albums/...alguy/lion.png

What would suit pure HP build better, Scientist or Cyber Hunter? I only have passive gun skills so far so I can choose whichever. I am NOT looking for lectures about lions, just some opinios. Go

ShinMegami 01-12-2013 06:53 AM

could probably go either way, I like my scientist though.

Beserk for an extra aoe is really nice even though it still fails a bit at mastery, handy in places like fiesta and chaos tower if there's still monsters around after spree.

Sharp is pretty nice too since it can tack on an extra 26% or so damage to your skill crits, might cover the ac loss a bit. It does need keen at level 5 though, so it'll probably be something you might get a tiny bit later. It also works great with shield breaker.

After the core 2nd job skills are covered (ps, ds, spree, shield breaker) you're pretty good either way.

if it helps, picture of my gunner from a little bit ago, main difference from now is probably just a couple levels:

InfernalGuy 01-12-2013 07:13 AM

It looks pretty well balanced :py35:

Any comments on Bunker skill? And would it be something I'd want to consider when choosing the job? Knowing that I'm pure HP, and if the skill is based purely on HP, so...

ShinMegami 01-12-2013 07:25 AM

thanks ^^

as far as bunker goes, I'd mainly say it can be useful when you're fighting the chaos tower bosses. You'd just hit them with whatever skill so they go to attack you, activate bunker, then proceed with your skill rotation.

outside of ct though, it's not very good. You're stuck in place until the duration ends or the bunker is otherwise destroyed. Some of the later monsters like disgruntled davids still chew through it anyway. I don't have release yet, I'd imagine that'd make bunker somewhat more practical but I can't say for sure.

InfernalGuy 01-12-2013 07:28 AM

So is the rumour "only regular shots while in bunker" false?

ShinMegami 01-12-2013 07:58 AM

think so, few times I've used it I've been able to use both skills and regular shots even though the skill description just says "you can't make regular attacks while inside".

tested just now and was able to use spree and a normal shot while inside it.

edit: guessing the "you can't make regular attacks while inside" note is for melee. unequipped my gun and tried smacking a monster in melee range with no luck.

Can't think of many times a gunner would want to melee a monster outside of common gun absorbs on a map like red salamanders are in tap (where it'd be tedious to shield break each and every one you come across), but that's what it is I guess.

kite384 01-12-2013 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShinMegami (Post 1797873)
think so, few times I've used it I've been able to use both skills and regular shots even though the skill description just says "you can't make regular attacks while inside".

tested just now and was able to use spree and a normal shot while inside it.

edit: guessing the "you can't make regular attacks while inside" note is for melee. unequipped my gun and tried smacking a monster in melee range with no luck.

Can't think of many times a gunner would want to melee a monster outside of common gun absorbs like red salamanders (where it'd be tedious to shield break each and every one you come across), but that's what it is I guess.

yeah you can use normal shots,all your skills,you can summon and use your guardian,you can use potions, while you using bunker skill

and there are 2 bunker skills

bunker,bunker release

so you can activate bunker the other one lets you cancle bunker to be able to move again

bunker skill have only 10 seconds cooldown time to get ready again thats really fast O:

InfernalGuy 01-12-2013 08:49 AM

I believe it would be good to use gun overdrive + speedloader while in bunker, no? I mean you can't move so no miss-clicking and you shoot like a machine gun :D

ShinMegami 01-12-2013 09:09 AM

wouldn't hurt I suppose.

My speedloader is only at level 7 or so right now, I don't see too much of a difference between having the buff on or not, takes off about one loading message if I spam click on something after a regular shot on another monster. Using an alt maiden queen gun, so results may vary.

gun overdrive can be handy with high gun ap as well since it can enable normal shots to ohko at times they wouldn't otherwise, I tend to just go with skills most of the time, but it's something to keep in mind.

InfernalGuy 01-12-2013 10:07 AM

It says 50% reduction at mastery, so it should be really noticeable difference

ShinMegami 01-12-2013 11:04 AM

went ahead and tested it out since I had the stuff to master it, first screen is without and second screen is with. Did it on red salamanders to try to keep the times consistent, after the last loading message I was able to shoot again.

main thing to look at is after my really bad use of the spray can in paint XD

no speed:

w/ speed:

InfernalGuy 01-12-2013 11:38 AM

Whaaaaaat, it's 7 "loadings" without and 6 with?? Shouldn't it be like 3 or 4? -.-

ShinMegami 01-12-2013 01:36 PM

yeah, checked again and now it seems to be doing four consistently, not sure why it wasn't earlier. timing must've been off a bit.

but then normals are doing 5 or so easy now for some reason.

InfernalGuy 01-12-2013 01:41 PM

I won't believe it until I see a HD video of that skill :D
What about that yellow bullet load bar, what about it's speed? 'cause I believe that "loading" message is affected by ping and stuff

ShinMegami 01-12-2013 01:50 PM

possible and yeah, recording would be the best way to get a good idea of how it works. dunno how to set that up unfortunately.

The yellow bar depends on the gun, normal ingame guns have a longer load time while special ones like myshop, alts, and the uniques have a shorter one. (can't remember the exact times though)

can count to about 3 after a shot before the maiden gun can fire again though. npc shop gun seems to be roughly 4 or so.

InfernalGuy 01-12-2013 02:18 PM

I know that, but what I meant what's the difference about that with and without speedloader on

ShinMegami 01-12-2013 03:08 PM

knocks it down to about 2.5 or so as an estimate, there's a noticeable difference in the bar's refill speed but I'm mainly just gauging by counting until it fills.

sorry about the mix up there, figured you just meant how the gauge worked in general.

Mis 01-12-2013 04:08 PM

pure lion ftw :P

DELiTO 01-12-2013 07:35 PM

Regardless of your decision, I would like some feedback on that build. Let me know if that works out for you.

InfernalGuy 01-13-2013 03:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DELiTO (Post 1797986)
Regardless of your decision, I would like some feedback on that build. Let me know if that works out for you.

Umm... As you might saw in my SS, I have 14kish HP at the moment. I have a haxx spiritual set and only have 3 passive gun skills so far, but I deal 3k+ damage with a single shot. If I get Gun Booster and Power shot, I would deal 10k+ damage with PS, that's rather good I think. Keep in mind, that I have no head/face accessories, only 1 good accessory, no cape and a crappy in game pet :)