ggFTW

MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > MMO Games > Trickster Online > Trickster Online Character Types > Sense Type

Loong - The Power of the Dragon
Looking for a new MMO?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
11-10-2012   #1 (permalink)
ggFTW Regular

AeroSmint will become famous soon enough
IGN: AeroSmint
Class: Water/Elec/Lt
Level: 2xx
Guild: Distinguished
Default Pure Lion or Fox?

Heya. I've been using Sheep for quite a long time, and I'm thinking of making a new (another) char. I'm pretty sure I don't want a Charm type. I already have a Bunny, so I'm currently choosing between A pure DA Fox or AC Lion.

The reason I can't decide is:

1. I heard that Foxes always run out of MP fast.
2. But their skills (like the Poison skill) is awesome.
3. Lions lack defense and also need MP.
4. Its normal attack is stronger than a Bunny/Buff's (in some way I guess).

There may be a lot more reasons behind it, but here's a few things about me:

1. I can't afford to be hax.
2. I don't have DA and AC Equips atm.
3. Never used a Lion or Fox as a "main" yet (I turn em into mules lol)
4. Don't use myshop.
5. I don't intend to use whatever char I pick just for afk drilling or making money.

So...? C:

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
11-11-2012   #2 (permalink)
Nonsense
Games
Trickster Online
Awards Event WinnerWandering Eye

Nebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Enthalpy/ Reminder
Class: Duelist to_bunny
Guild: Guardians

1. Since you started as a mage, the mp of any non-magic character will feel like it is running out fast. You will just have to get used to it and possibly wear some altiverse rings that give a little mp on them (+1k ish, it adds up).
2. Poison is quite the skill for bosses along with hide, item detector and 2 AoEs. This makes foxes a rather bakanced class for all purposes. Lions are similar in that regards with shield breaker; however you can get shield breaker on a guardian for a fox. What lions have skill wise is speed. They can land several skills in quick succession.
4. The normal attack of lions is 20*(ac-49)+gunap, and it cannot be aided by attribute. It does have the advantage of range however.

I would honestly pick a fox as they are easier to gear with ingame equips. They have close to no reliance on refining (just comp DA) and you can get an ingame headgear and mask for them. (Eyepatch and rally towel)

11-11-2012   #3 (permalink)
ggFTW Moogler

Ellerd will become famous soon enough

1. I can't afford to be hax.
Do CT Bosses everyday (Lions and foxies are so cool with bosses foxies with hide and lions with shield breaker) so you get Altiverse
2. I don't have DA and AC Equips atm.
Altiverses are the best choice.
3. Never used a Lion or Fox as a "main" yet (I turn em into mules lol)
Me too , I'm planning on opening one so this is my friend's advice
4. Don't use myshop.
Get a goood alti then when you stop using it sell it buy ms xd , this may not be a good advice but..
Just to tell you , never fight with a power type in pvp unless youknow he/she haven't got the debuffs (If your making a lion) for ac and lk ~

11-11-2012   #4 (permalink)
ggFTW Regular

I see.. I may be considering a fox since I know someone who has an awesome one.

I'm wondering.. is 1243 a bad build? The intention would be for extra MP (and MD too, I guess). Would it be worth it? Or would I be better off relying on accs for extra MP?

11-11-2012   #5 (permalink)
STARVE THE EGO *
Games
Dungeon Fighter OnlineTrickster OnlineMapleStoryAudition
Awards Event WinnerWandering EyeFacebook Fan

Math is a splendid one to beholdMath is a splendid one to beholdMath is a splendid one to beholdMath is a splendid one to beholdMath is a splendid one to beholdMath is a splendid one to beholdMath is a splendid one to behold
IGN: Sowwey
Class: Xe
Level: 1/50
Guild: Noctis

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroSmint
The intention would be for extra MP (and MD too, I guess).
I wouldn't do it lol
There's a pretty good chance you have +mp in both accessory slots+cape+pet. If you get enough money to buy a head + mask acc (let's just say), there's that too
You have a fixed '4' point in sense in your default build, which means more weight every level. Which means you have the weight to buy more mp potions if you find yourself run out frequently.
pure foxes can equip a shield too, right? A decent altiverse shield will take care of md. I really don't think you'll have a problem

11-11-2012   #6 (permalink)
ggFTW Moogler

DELiTO is on a distinguished road
IGN: DELiTO
Class: Hunter Lord to_thiefmaster
Level: 297
Guild: Guardians

If you are aiming for a gunner I can tell you it's quite complicated to become a good gunner.

First. Gunners have the worst damage of all classes, although they are the best class you can choose to fight a 1x1 against a MONSTER.

Gunners are pure AC, however we rely a lot on the LK stats as well, we all know the creators of this game don't like gunners in PvP, the proof of that is that they decided that a lot of skills will simply bypass the LK stat. In other words, gunners don't PvP.

The game says LK affects compound but that's a lie. After 100 or 200LK the results can be pretty much the same to any person. LK is the most Effed up stats in this game. In other words, fox and lions can compound as well as any other class. (The Compound Mastery skill has been broken since the game was released)

The lack of a shield will be a pain at higher levels. A suicide build like mine 4 power 4 sense is not for everybody. You should go with 3 or 4 charm to compensate the lack of DP with HP.

The good things about being a gunner. We can hunt and drill items better than any of the other classes.

We can hunt bosses better than anyone else as well. I can take down ANY of trickster bosses in less than 15 seconds(except for Spicy dragon, this one can go up to 25-40 seconds)

About the gear: Extremely hard to find and quite expensive and having MyShop gear is mandatory for a gunner.

That's pretty much about it. Words of a gunner fox playing since 2007.

Last edited by DELiTO; 11-11-2012 at 04:58 PM.

11-12-2012   #7 (permalink)
ggFTW Regular

I think I'm gonna go for a fox XD A Few more questions though:

1. Will Attr help my Stone Strike/Shuriken Master?
2. Is 1144 the best build?
3. Will I be using thrown items more than Stone Strike?
4. What skills would be considered "useless" to get? (Or what skills should I avoid wasting my MP on)

11-12-2012   #8 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

fate23 has much to be proud offate23 has much to be proud offate23 has much to be proud offate23 has much to be proud offate23 has much to be proud offate23 has much to be proud offate23 has much to be proud offate23 has much to be proud offate23 has much to be proud of
IGN: h1zuka/PrincessJanine
Class: Fat People
Level: 280/313

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroSmint
I think I'm gonna go for a fox XD A Few more questions though:

1. Will Attr help my Stone Strike/Shuriken Master?
2. Is 1144 the best build?
3. Will I be using thrown items more than Stone Strike?
4. What skills would be considered "useless" to get? (Or what skills should I avoid wasting my MP on)
1. No
2. For me yes as you need DA for damage and unless you'll be meleeing monsters AP is not that great. AC is only great for PvP so I'd go 4 on charm instead.
3. More likely
4. I'm not actually sure about what you don't need as I didn't get them but I'll tell you what to get: sixth sense, chain of knives, fan of knives, rain of knives, poison assault, hide, both land mines, both luck buffs, invincible drilling(if you'll be drilling in places with agro), heavy carrier(luxury skill), shuriken mastery, stone strike, sudden attack, exploit weakness. All of the pre-reqs to these i guess.
As you can see i didn't include precise pitch. From what i know it barely increases damage so I'd save it for last. Priority are the 1st ones that i mentioned especially the AOEs as they'd make your life easier.

11-12-2012   #9 (permalink)
bitch pls
Special
Games
Asda StoryDragon SagaEmil Chronicle OnlineLa Tale
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerWandering EyeFacebook FanPervert Award

Queen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Queen Send a message via Skype™ to Queen
IGN: Allure
Class: Priest
Level: 90

Fox.

I made one on my mule account and used minimum myshop (pets from the 2nd anniversary event, ie: Panda etc) and spent nothing on her until she was 3rd (and even then it was free gacha and the town just happened to have a perma cape) and got her a pet. I wish I would hazard logging in to SS her, but for such minimal spending she does great - I had the intention to use her to hunt Tombeth (Poison is OP, it usually was an OHKO even before level 140)

/forum/sense-type-gu...ter-guide.html

I wish people looked at the guides section more. I personally used to FoK build to grind Nora Sewer TM quest, but I recommend the Julio dailies if you can afford them or have a driller. Even doing the Oops Julio daily is better than nothing.

I've done my one post in the TO section for the month zzzz

Diablo III North America Glacea#1307
League of Legends Queen Nimera, Level 20
New Leaf/Pokemon XY 4511 - 0825 - 1589

Last edited by Queen; 11-12-2012 at 08:00 AM.

11-14-2012   #10 (permalink)
ggFTW Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by fate23
1. No
2. For me yes as you need DA for damage and unless you'll be meleeing monsters AP is not that great. AC is only great for PvP so I'd go 4 on charm instead.
3. More likely
4. I'm not actually sure about what you don't need as I didn't get them but I'll tell you what to get: sixth sense, chain of knives, fan of knives, rain of knives, poison assault, hide, both land mines, both luck buffs, invincible drilling(if you'll be drilling in places with agro), heavy carrier(luxury skill), shuriken mastery, stone strike, sudden attack, exploit weakness. All of the pre-reqs to these i guess.
As you can see i didn't include precise pitch. From what i know it barely increases damage so I'd save it for last. Priority are the 1st ones that i mentioned especially the AOEs as they'd make your life easier.
If attr doesn't affect DA attacks, then why do I keep seeing foxes with boss equip comped with attr? (usually boss and alti equips)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dare
Fox.

I made one on my mule account and used minimum myshop (pets from the 2nd anniversary event, ie: Panda etc) and spent nothing on her until she was 3rd (and even then it was free gacha and the town just happened to have a perma cape) and got her a pet. I wish I would hazard logging in to SS her, but for such minimal spending she does great - I had the intention to use her to hunt Tombeth (Poison is OP, it usually was an OHKO even before level 140)

/forum/sense-type-gu...ter-guide.html

I wish people looked at the guides section more. I personally used to FoK build to grind Nora Sewer TM quest, but I recommend the Julio dailies if you can afford them or have a driller. Even doing the Oops Julio daily is better than nothing.

I've done my one post in the TO section for the month zzzz
Sorry for not being able to check the guide section. I just thought that I would be able to get clearer answers here. ^^;

11-14-2012   #11 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

fate23 has much to be proud offate23 has much to be proud offate23 has much to be proud offate23 has much to be proud offate23 has much to be proud offate23 has much to be proud offate23 has much to be proud offate23 has much to be proud offate23 has much to be proud of
IGN: h1zuka/PrincessJanine
Class: Fat People
Level: 280/313

melee foxes

12-18-2012   #12 (permalink)
ggFTW Moogler

MrCoconut will become famous soon enoughMrCoconut will become famous soon enough
IGN: ScrappyCoco
Class: Scientist
Level: 29x
Guild: Dawn

You will get used to see characters that aren't exactly melee type compounding attributes to their equips to melee mobs/bosses since sometimes it is faster.