ggFTW

MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > MMO Games > Trickster Online > Trickster Online Character Types > Sense Type

Vindictus
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Vindictus

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
08-02-2012   #21 (permalink)
twerk
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games
Trickster OnlineLeague of LegendsMapleStoryWonderKing Online
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorWandering EyeFacebook FanPervert Award

james has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by CookiesNCream
Cyber Hunter is the gunner right? I'm just planning to be a gunner/boss hunter. Leaning more towards 2143.
Scientist is the pure gun tree.

Really, you can deal with not even advancing on your lion if you wanted. Neither give anything too stellar and even with the new third job skills, there's still no definitive "better" third job Lion. Hell, I chose Cyber because I liked the blue better.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
08-02-2012   #22 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict

zemega is just really nicezemega is just really nicezemega is just really nicezemega is just really nicezemega is just really nice

I would suggest Altiverse accessories for you. You can equip two of different levels, plus each accessories have AC, LK, HP, and HV, and 1~4 compound slots. For the gun you can decide by comparing 20 Gun AP=1AC, so you can always choose whether to comp your gun with AC or LK. I comped my Alti gun with LK, because I know I might get a better gun to reforge with. A sprint would be helpful for you, especially if you secure the permanent sprint. Because there are some lag when you use a skill, some boss might manage to banish you before you got to move out.

Next is a guardian, you should work hard to get a good guardian. Because skills cast by a guardian would never fail or miss. That means Shield Break casted by guardian would always hit. On the other hand, Shield Break cast by you, have to be near the target (boss), and take some time, it could fail and you can be banished/dead by that point.

08-02-2012   #23 (permalink)
twerk
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games

james has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by zemega
On the other hand, Shield Break cast by you, have to be near the target (boss), and take some time, it could fail and you can be banished/dead by that point.
Skunk pouch. I don't have a Guardian that can learn Shield Breaker so I just have my Guardian Skunk Pouch and it's k.

However, it can be handy to have 100% accuracy Shield Breaker. Saves some time since Shield Breaker doesn't have the best accuracy (like at all). However, you'll get a level 10 Shield Breaker instead of Master.

08-02-2012   #24 (permalink)
Joy
LDR
Games
Trickster OnlineEden EternalLeague of Legends

Joy has a brilliant futureJoy has a brilliant futureJoy has a brilliant futureJoy has a brilliant futureJoy has a brilliant futureJoy has a brilliant futureJoy has a brilliant futureJoy has a brilliant futureJoy has a brilliant futureJoy has a brilliant futureJoy has a brilliant future
Send a message via Skype™ to Joy
IGN: Joycelin
Level: Silver♥

Wow never knew much about lions. Could someone explain to me the main differences of a Cyber Hunter & a Scientist? They're almost the same right?

08-02-2012   #25 (permalink)
Just some random hobo
Games
Trickster Online

ShinMegami is a jewel in the roughShinMegami is a jewel in the roughShinMegami is a jewel in the roughShinMegami is a jewel in the rough
IGN: Vistrado
Class: fire/elec/dark wiz to_wizard
Level: 261
Guild: Astro Blitz

pretty much.

Scientists get an extra aoe that can sometimes fail and a skill that boosts the damage of their skills crits by 26% or so at mastery while cybers get an extra lk boost, land mine, and some extra drilling skills.

08-02-2012   #26 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict

zemega is just really nicezemega is just really nicezemega is just really nicezemega is just really nicezemega is just really nice

Well, that's the current difference. In the future skill installment, Scientist got a bunker skill, you have to stay put at one place, can use only skills, and it buffs your HP. It could be great for CT bosses (they don't banish), but not great at all for zone bosses that can banishes. another skill for Inventor (2nd job) is a faster reload(?), not much is known.

Cyber hunter or rather Explorer (Fox) will get a shuriken skill, not for gunner definitely.

Well, I picked Scientist for the extra AoE skill. Cause in CT bosses, I rotate between Double Shot, Shooting Spree and Berserk. DS, SS, B, then DS, SS, DS, B. Its great for clearing out the summons as well. In Fiesta for levelling up, I rotate between DS and B.

08-02-2012   #27 (permalink)
twerk
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games

There's not an incredible difference between the two.

Scientists get an extra crit damage skill (be warned that it requires level 10 of an otherwise useless skill as prerequisite) and Berserk. Berserk is essentially a stronger Shooting Spree. It is by no means a necessity. I train just as well without Berserk using just Shooting Spree. On top of it, Berserk's MP cost is quite hefty for a Lion skill too.

Cyber Hunters, excluding the useless shuriken skills, get Sticky Icky, which debuffs a monster's gun resistances (though not nearly as much as Shield Breaker). They also get Aura of Luck for some extra luck. That's about all they get from Explorers unless you include Landmine.

Including future skills, Lions get (apparently) a reload decrease skill. This skill is useless as all high level guns have a near 1s reload time anyways and will not help you perform timed crits any faster. Scientists will get a bunker skill that has some use at CT bosses since those bosses don't Banish. The Bunker acts as kind of a SoH but its health is based off your health as well, so it's a small buffer. On top of it, you can only use skills (and their damage isn't increased either, how stupid), so that reload skill is rendered useless even still.

As I said earlier, picking a Lion third job isn't as much of a chore as any other job. Other jobs have definitive "better" jobs (e.g., Duelist being better than a Champion for PvM/Boss, Hunter Lord being better for all non-Gun Foxes), but Lion, neither job is that spectacular at all.

08-03-2012   #28 (permalink)
1st banned
Games
Trickster OnlineElswordSD Gundam Online: Capsule Fighter

Zero has much to be proud ofZero has much to be proud ofZero has much to be proud ofZero has much to be proud ofZero has much to be proud ofZero has much to be proud ofZero has much to be proud ofZero has much to be proud ofZero has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Zero
IGN: ProtoShot
Class: Scientist to_scientist
Level: 25x
Guild: Revolution

/forum/sense-type-gu...ide-lions.html

Why do we have guides if nobody is going to use them?

Last edited by Zero; 08-03-2012 at 01:48 AM. Reason: Creepy.

08-03-2012   #29 (permalink)
Joy
LDR
Games

Joy has a brilliant futureJoy has a brilliant futureJoy has a brilliant futureJoy has a brilliant futureJoy has a brilliant futureJoy has a brilliant futureJoy has a brilliant futureJoy has a brilliant futureJoy has a brilliant futureJoy has a brilliant futureJoy has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero

Thread was originally made to get MORE input on what build my gunner should be. A guide is a guide. I need some more personal experiences from different players.

08-03-2012   #30 (permalink)
twerk
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games

Quote:

Because in my guide I don't talk about Cyber versus Scientist?

i should get around to doing that.... zzzzz

08-03-2012   #31 (permalink)
1st banned
Games
Trickster OnlineElswordSD Gundam Online: Capsule Fighter

Zero has much to be proud ofZero has much to be proud ofZero has much to be proud ofZero has much to be proud ofZero has much to be proud ofZero has much to be proud ofZero has much to be proud ofZero has much to be proud ofZero has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Zero
IGN: ProtoShot
Class: Scientist to_scientist
Level: 25x
Guild: Revolution

Quote:
Originally Posted by CookiesNCream
Thread was originally made to get MORE input on what build my gunner should be. A guide is a guide. I need some more personal experiences from different players.
On what build? There are multiple threads and guides that would of helped you with that as well. Personal experiences? I think that's what guides are formed from. From the players point of view with their lion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jare
Because in my guide I don't talk about Cyber versus Scientist?

i should get around to doing that.... zzzzz
I suppose I'd let you get away with that. However there isn't MUCH of a difference. No stats change except for 1 extra luck buff. Could've used the wiki for that or looked at other threads in which people talk about "What 3rd job should I choose".

tl;dr - You could gather more information at a quicker rate if you just read previous topics/guides.

08-05-2012   #32 (permalink)
Joy
LDR
Games

Don't post if you have nothing to say on the topic at hand.

If I had wanted to look through guides I would have and in my opinion it wouldn't be quicker because I'd have to look through numerous guides to get the information I needed.

Edit: Thanks Jare and everyone else for your help. ;o; Getting ready to make that gunner now.

Last edited by Joy; 08-05-2012 at 10:30 AM.

08-05-2012   #33 (permalink)
lol
Games

Versalia has much to be proud ofVersalia has much to be proud ofVersalia has much to be proud ofVersalia has much to be proud ofVersalia has much to be proud ofVersalia has much to be proud ofVersalia has much to be proud ofVersalia has much to be proud ofVersalia has much to be proud ofVersalia has much to be proud of
IGN: Versalia

Quote:

Some guides dont thoroughly explain opinions and reasons.
Whereas when you ask about something directly eg. Making a thread.
You're more likely to get more detailed information.
She most likely looked at some guides,
And didn't find the necessary information, or that she wanted.

@CookiesNCream
I always thought lions should go Pure AC if they were going to be a gunner.

Last edited by Versalia; 08-05-2012 at 10:31 AM.

08-06-2012   #34 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

MOEMiyuki is a splendid one to beholdMOEMiyuki is a splendid one to beholdMOEMiyuki is a splendid one to beholdMOEMiyuki is a splendid one to beholdMOEMiyuki is a splendid one to beholdMOEMiyuki is a splendid one to beholdMOEMiyuki is a splendid one to behold
IGN: MOEMiyuki
Class: Witch to_sheep
Level: 314

yeah totally agree DP lion ish useless, it's not wiith dp lion that i grind at gold bettle at lvl 150 to 250 :3 of course i'm not a pro gunner player :3

08-06-2012   #35 (permalink)
twerk
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOEMiyuki
yeah totally agree DP lion ish useless, it's not wiith dp lion that i grind at gold bettle at lvl 150 to 250 :3 of course i'm not a pro gunner player :3
HV still is better than DP, especially in a dense spawn area.

08-06-2012   #36 (permalink)
Joy
LDR
Games

Thanks guys. Going 2143 but still deciding on job

08-06-2012   #37 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

MOEMiyuki is a splendid one to beholdMOEMiyuki is a splendid one to beholdMOEMiyuki is a splendid one to beholdMOEMiyuki is a splendid one to beholdMOEMiyuki is a splendid one to beholdMOEMiyuki is a splendid one to beholdMOEMiyuki is a splendid one to behold
IGN: MOEMiyuki
Class: Witch to_sheep
Level: 314

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jare
HV still is better than DP, especially in a dense spawn area.
we play different style lions, u play with more hv so u get domage less often.

But for me i use DP lion ( for CT area and Gold Bettle).

Why?

Because if i get 1 Domage why should i carry HP pots? I prefer use the wt for bulletz and mp pots. So less repots and no waste on 3 hour booster.

I will not argue anymore for who is best HV or DP

Last edited by MOEMiyuki; 08-06-2012 at 10:57 PM.

08-07-2012   #38 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict

There's no need to argue, we're just sharing our different play style. As for me, since I only let my Lion do CT 1st to 5th boss only, I forgo any DP or HV, just stack AC and LK. If I die, I just try again. Nevertheless, I'm more of the snipe type, If i can kill it with oneshot, ill forgo Hp for AC (for questing and outside CT).

08-07-2012   #39 (permalink)
twerk
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOEMiyuki
we play different style lions, u play with more hv so u get domage less often.

But for me i use DP lion ( for CT area and Gold Bettle).

Why?

Because if i get 1 Domage why should i carry HP pots? I prefer use the wt for bulletz and mp pots. So less repots and no waste on 3 hour booster.

I will not argue anymore for who is best HV or DP
CT area and Gold Beetle with only 100, I rarely get hit. And even if I do get hit, I don't get hit hard enough to even need HP potions. Why not stack DP? Because HV is infinitely easier to get.

Not everyone has played/paid as much as you so getting good things isn't just a snap of their fingers.

08-07-2012   #40 (permalink)
Joy
LDR
Games

Do you guys like Scientist's better or Cyber Hunters?

I have a feeling I want Scientists b/c of Berserk.