ggFTW

ggFTW (http://ggftw.com/forum/)
-   Sense Type (http://ggftw.com/forum/sense-type/)
-   -   Time Crits? (http://ggftw.com/forum/sense-type/115079-time-crits.html)

Azumarill 07-20-2012 01:46 PM

Time Crits?

Hello.

I wonder what time crits is and basically how you do them. (Heard they are good)
I have a gun-fox and recently learned Keen sense. :)

Thanx

Nebula 07-20-2012 04:08 PM

Yeah the are good and have a 100% hit rate in pvp?
BasicLly it is a bit of pratice, you shoot the monster and shoot again just as your damage number dissappears. I am out of practise in this since I seldom use my gunnerfox. Maybe someone can make a video?

And once you have mastered timed crits; it is possible to fit in a skill in between them. I have seen this done but have never done it myself.

Also then can do about the same damage as powershot :)

Edit: try prastising on rocks and trees.

Tardar 07-20-2012 04:57 PM

The first chunk of it is the timed crit. You cannot do the double shot glitch anymore, by the way.

In a nutshell: Use your regular shot, wait and when the damage from the first shot is about to disappear, you fire again. Rinse and repeat. It's no worth it at all of it you can't do it reliably, it'd actually lower your damage output.

Kwee 07-20-2012 07:18 PM

Right now timed crits are kind of a novelty and somewhat useless. It's just much faster to use your double shot+ power shot combo, or double shot+shot+power shot repeating combo on things like bosses. I'm thinking it MIGHT be more useful when the new lion skill that lowers reload time comes out. If that skill also allows timed crits to happen faster somehow then it might be good. Otherwise i don't know. Even in pvp it's kinda useless... and lions are kinda useless in pvp in general so >.> lol

Tardar 07-20-2012 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HubbyG (Post 1748604)
Right now timed crits are kind of a novelty and somewhat useless. It's just much faster to use your double shot+ power shot combo, or double shot+shot+power shot repeating combo on things like bosses. I'm thinking it MIGHT be more useful when the new lion skill that lowers reload time comes out. If that skill also allows timed crits to happen faster somehow then it might be good. Otherwise i don't know. Even in pvp it's kinda useless... and lions are kinda useless in pvp in general so >.> lol

If you're a Scientist and have Keen Sense as well as Gun Overdrive, timed crits can do more damage than Power Shot.

The new skill will have no impact with timed crits and damage as with a 1s reload time you still have to wait for the number to be close to disappearing. (That is unless the speed of the number increases with gun reload, which I doubt).

Kwee 07-20-2012 07:57 PM

Oh I'm quite aware that keen sense+gun overdrive timed crits do more damage than powershot, and I love doing it against gun weak monsters to see my lion doing major damage. Sometimes against those majorly gun weak monsters in tap 2-4 to see 100k+ timed crits where I then geek out by imagining im a high dmg output character like a bunny lol. But in the end, in the time it takes to time your crit, you'll be killed in pvp hence useless. I also doubt the new skill will do anything for timed crits but if it did then that's when they might be more useful like I said. Lions still rock though!