ggFTW

MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > MMO Games > Trickster Online > Trickster Online Character Types > Sense Type

Grand Fantasia
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Grand Fantasia

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
07-15-2012   #1 (permalink)
ggFTW Moogler
Games
Dead FrontierDiablo IIITalesweaver

clearskies is on a distinguished road
Default suggestions for my lion

Hello guys
I'm currently starting to get back into the game and was curious about my equips.. I'm reading a lot of things about altiverse / flashbat being reall good weapons for the lion. Currently i'm using a singha 150 set from long ago.. my ac total is 495, but my gun ap is rather low (306 base and 325 from lv 5). Back in the day, i thought AC increased your damage by a flat 20 points regardless of how much gun AP you have.. but i read in another thread that gun AP affects how much dmg your AC does? Well anyway, my question is if it is worth breaking the set effect of singha (27 AC, 720 mp, 1080 hp and 19 LK) for a flashbat/altiverse (i'm only lv 201..) gun? My gun has 40 AC and 27 LK already which i feel is kind of high for my lvl. Any advice would be appreciated, i'm a 1144 build with 17k hp/5k mp.

LaTale [OGP] - inactive
IGN: Teee 11x Guardian
Tourretes 15x EngiStar
i1upyou 18x Strider
Feel free to add me if you want a chatting buddy.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
07-15-2012   #2 (permalink)
Nonsense
Games
Trickster Online
Awards Event WinnerWandering Eye

Nebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Enthalpy/ Reminder
Class: Duelist to_bunny
Guild: Guardians

/forum/sense-type/95...e-formula.html
Don't post on that topic, but that is the gun damage formula.

[(GunAP - 11) + 20(AC - 48) ] x M
Is the formula for Powershot and shotting spree, as you may be able to deduce from there, 20 gunAP is equivalent to 1 AC in terms of damage so if you have a gun with 1k Ap and 20 AC, you would be doing the equivalent of adding 70AC. This gun would have a similar effect to a gun with 400 AP and 50 AC.
The key to this is balance. A flashbat gun may not be fully capable of getting as much AC but it will easily (with a few refines) achieve some nice ap. Another advantage of the flashbat set is the potential extra DP on the helm. This may make a slightly noticable effect on your defenses and mean you may use a few (10% maybe) less HP pots.

The thread I have linked above has provided a good spreadsheet, use that to compare the many options you have and that should tell you if your skills will do more damage.

Given your Gun AP I'd either go for the flashbat set or level up 45 more times and good for a thorny rose set.

Someone please correct me if I am wrong.

Last edited by Nebula; 07-15-2012 at 11:06 PM.

07-16-2012   #3 (permalink)
-
Special
Games
FlyFFAngels OnlineKitsu SagaSecret of the Solstice
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerEvents RegularSotW JuniorHarem JuniorDetail DetectiveFinders, KeepersTHE CHAMP

Almora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Almora

Quote:
Originally Posted by clearskies
Hello guys
I'm currently starting to get back into the game and was curious about my equips.. I'm reading a lot of things about altiverse / flashbat being reall good weapons for the lion. Currently i'm using a singha 150 set from long ago.. my ac total is 495, but my gun ap is rather low (306 base and 325 from lv 5). Back in the day, i thought AC increased your damage by a flat 20 points regardless of how much gun AP you have.. but i read in another thread that gun AP affects how much dmg your AC does? Well anyway, my question is if it is worth breaking the set effect of singha (27 AC, 720 mp, 1080 hp and 19 LK) for a flashbat/altiverse (i'm only lv 201..) gun? My gun has 40 AC and 27 LK already which i feel is kind of high for my lvl. Any advice would be appreciated, i'm a 1144 build with 17k hp/5k mp.
You are doing very well for your level and you don't need to migrate to an altiverse flashbat set atm. You can, but you won't gain a huge increase compared to changing at 245.

Once you hit that 245, you should should start looking for nicely statted 3s, altiverse thorny rose pieces because it will surely out power your 150 MS equips(helm & gun only).

07-16-2012   #4 (permalink)
ggFTW Moogler
Games

yes i saw a thorny rose w/ like 3k AP and 30ac/30lk.. my jaw dropped and i got really jelly

LaTale [OGP] - inactive
Tourretes 15x EngiStar
i1upyou 18x Strider

07-16-2012   #5 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict

zemega is just really nicezemega is just really nicezemega is just really nicezemega is just really nicezemega is just really nice

My Thorny Rose gun has 1.2k++ base Gun Ap, at level 10, its 4k++ AP, and I got it the second day CT got out. So you should start your daily CT bosses now.

07-16-2012   #6 (permalink)
ggFTW Moogler
Games

:O i plan to! I've just been working my way up the tower (i'm at floor 24 i think)... but i'm delayed by my guardian hatching.. now it's just been dig dig dig dig

LaTale [OGP] - inactive
Tourretes 15x EngiStar
i1upyou 18x Strider

07-17-2012   #7 (permalink)
twerk
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games
Trickster OnlineLeague of LegendsMapleStoryWonderKing Online
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorWandering EyeFacebook FanPervert Award

Tardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond repute

It's really handy to have your guardian hatched as that Skunk Pouch and Shockvibe have saved me numerous times on my Lion on the CT bosses, and definitely on the other bosses too.