ggFTW

ggFTW (http://ggftw.com/forum/)
-   Sense Type (http://ggftw.com/forum/sense-type/)
-   -   Fox Hybrid DA/AC? (http://ggftw.com/forum/sense-type/114263-fox-hybrid-da-ac.html)

knochenherz 06-27-2012 08:23 AM

Fox Hybrid DA/AC?

Hi there ><

I'm a totaly newbie on trickster and just find my way through many guides and well ... I'm just confused now x,D because there is so many to think about. So I just wanna ask something.

I want to play a fox with 1144, because it sounds like an easy good way (and I don't want to make pvp)

But~ I hate decisions and I like Gunner-Classes aaaand I want to drill ... of course I could start two foxes ... but that is to much work x,D because I'm lazy and i want only one char... for now.

So because the both guides for a pure driller fox and a pure gunner fox said, that all bonus points go in DA for drilling and all in AC for gunner. Okay... I cant decide what I want to play, so that I thought that a hybrid with 50/50 in DA/AC is a good idea.

... What do you think? I want to fight with guns >< and I want to make enough damage to kill hard monsters, but I want to see the items under the ground too, because drilling is fun ...

is that a good idea? or do you think that no one wants to go with me in higher lvls?
Oh ... and what about the 3rd job ... is that possible with such a build and which 3rd job would be better?

Vixen 06-27-2012 09:24 AM

1144 pure AC is definately the best choice for you, as you only need 90 DA max when drilling to be able to detect where items are

Since you want to be a gunner, gunner foxes have to go hybrid at 3rd job (to Hunter Lord) because that's when they first get their gunning skills

You said you wanted to drill a lot too with skills and such, there are around 4 different TM-costly skills to help you with drilling.. if you want your gunner fox to have all of these along with learning all of the gunner skills, you'd have to get a really high TM level D: however it's easy to drill without these, just having all of the drilling skills makes it a lot faster

But, since you said this is your first character, I -in my opinion- wouldn't personally opt for a hybrid gunner fox, because without proper gears, it's going to take you a while to get 3rd job, level 130/TM 120 - and then and only then is when you get your gunner skills

Lions however, do get their first gunner skill at 2nd job, lvl 50/TM 40, and it's the same as having a Hunter Lord if you go hybrid on the lion, just having the gunner skills earlier, however I think for PvM a pure lion (Scientist) would be best because of the extra AoE >:

knochenherz 06-27-2012 12:16 PM

Okay ... that means that I put all bonus points in AC and the DV-Stat will raise automaticly with my level to 90?

I'm normally someone, who added the points variously x,D .... whatever

Okay, when I have 90 DV later on I'll make a pure AC ^^ ... eh ... that means I put everything in AC and it wont take tooo long to get to the 2rd/3rd job?
I know, that the lion is a gunner too, but ... yeah I'm female and because of that I would prefer female character >-<... hmn...

and what do you mean, that I must go hybrid when I'll will get the 3rd job? Oo i don't understand that, must I have special requirements for that? I didn't read so much about the 3rd jobs, because the most wikis don't have many informations about them.

Arhhh, I'm such a noob ;_; sorry.

Almora 06-27-2012 03:48 PM

You definitely sound like you want guns + drilling ability. So, hybrid sense is the best for you. As for build, you can go 1144 pure AC. Bonus points into DA are a waste. All of your DA will be made up by natural DA on equips, growth & buffs. You should be putting all of your level up bonus points into AC the moment you are level 1. Getting to 130/120 is easy if you just do all the hunting & drilling quests as you progress. As Vix said, female gunner hybrid isn't starter friendly since you don't get gun skills until 3rd job. That means, you have to resort to only shooting with normal bullets or have to go with swords + elemental melee until 3rd job is over.

In this game, you can choose to go pure or a hybrid class at level 130, TM 120. Pure classes get completely different skill sets, look & play different. While hybrid classes get the second job skill sets of the opposite sex, look & play different, depending on class.

Archaeologist - ggFTW Trickster Wiki

knochenherz 06-27-2012 04:02 PM

Okaaay, this is a little bit confusing with the 3rd jobs x,D but ... kay. I think I need my time to get there, so i will make a pure ac ^.^ thank you for the help <3 now I will enjoy trickster a lot more!