ggFTW

MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > MMO Games > Trickster Online > Trickster Online Character Types > Sense Type

Loong - The Power of the Dragon
Looking for a new MMO?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
04-28-2012   #1 (permalink)
ggFTW Lurker

Krusiv is on a distinguished road
Default New Fox. Have some questions.

I plan to go 1144 or 2143 full DA. Is that ok?
I don't plan on buying any MyShop at all. Will I be able to enjoy the game without it?
I have a Gold Lion Sword + Shield with elemental compounds. Should I use that for training instead of using my skills? If so, for how long should I use those to train before I switch to skills?
I'll most likely go pure during third job since I won't be a gunner.
I've heard that Land Mine / Explosive Expert aren't that good. Is it true? Should I only get one point into them for fun or max them out?

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
04-28-2012   #2 (permalink)
The Truth Is, I Love You ♥
Special
Games
Trickster OnlineLa TaleRagnarok OnlineLegend of Edda
Awards Retired Division HeadEvent WinnerSotW BeginnerLucky StreakTreasure HunterFacebook FanTwitter Fan

Esper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Trickery
Class: Sorcerer
Guild: FrenchBread

Either build is fine. However, I don't really see much purpose with 2 in Power unless you want to increase your AC. AC takes 4 power levels to increase, which means you gain +1 AC every 8 levels. :x

You should do fine without MyShop as long as you hunt the Boss Uniques or get some Powerful Dagger. However, you may want to eventually buy a Head/Face Accessory off someone on ggftw for more stat boosts.

Golden Lion Sword + Shield can actually continue up to Ice Bears if you have the correct amount of AP. The only place before that when you actually need to use skills is Kerberos.

Wherever you heard that Landmine/Explosives Expert is a bad source.
Landmine has a long CD so it kind of is bad. Explosives Expert is better due to shorter CD and you can place 3 into the ground. If you have the DA/LK stats at a decently high value, it can deal some serious damage against Bosses.

Home is where someone is thinking about you ▪ crafting resource guidesymphonyblog

04-28-2012   #3 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict

parudy88 has a reputation beyond reputeparudy88 has a reputation beyond reputeparudy88 has a reputation beyond reputeparudy88 has a reputation beyond reputeparudy88 has a reputation beyond reputeparudy88 has a reputation beyond reputeparudy88 has a reputation beyond reputeparudy88 has a reputation beyond reputeparudy88 has a reputation beyond reputeparudy88 has a reputation beyond reputeparudy88 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krusiv
I plan to go 1144 or 2143 full DA. Is that ok?
I don't plan on buying any MyShop at all. Will I be able to enjoy the game without it?
I have a Gold Lion Sword + Shield with elemental compounds. Should I use that for training instead of using my skills? If so, for how long should I use those to train before I switch to skills?
I'll most likely go pure during third job since I won't be a gunner.
I've heard that Land Mine / Explosive Expert aren't that good. Is it true? Should I only get one point into them for fun or max them out?
go to 1144 as ATK and DX are two useless stats (not that AC is that important to pure fox) while DP, HP, HV are all usefull to fox.

Yes You will enjoy the game without MS up to a certain points with fox, as she can both hunt and drill well. But do keep in mind that foxes have harder time at CT or closed mine as your level gets higher (+230~)

Land Mine isn't a good skill in either pvm or pvp, but Explosive Expert can be a decent skill. However, you will end up mostly using Fan of Knives for grinding or Chain of Knives or Poison Assault more for bosses. I personally haven't learned either LM or EE yet. I suggest you save your tm points for the new skills (one's an AoE, and the other one is a powerful single target attack).

05-05-2012   #4 (permalink)
ggFTW Lurker
Games
Angels OnlineAsda StoryCloud NineCombat Arms

gamefreak20 is on a distinguished road
IGN: jeenay2
Class: Sense to_fox
Level: 292
Guild: Astro Blitz, Rapsody

Both are decent builds, though you would find more use in a 1144 build. unless you plan on spamming sudden attack, making an AP fox, or trying to get more AC. 1144 is good in the fact that you get a very nice amount of HP while trading off AP and DX. When it comes to fixing your AC you can always make an AC set to balance it back out. Not to mention you get additional HV which will actual be nice since you get more of a dodge rate as it stacks through your levels.

On the other hand, a 2134 build is more offensive compared to it's the defensive build. You do get more AC, but your trading off survivability for hit rate, AP (which is really only used for 1 skill) and DX (which is useless unless you are an AP fox).