ggFTW

MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > MMO Games > Trickster Online > Trickster Online Character Types > Sense Type

Elsword
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Elsword

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
04-03-2012   #1 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
MapleStoryLa TaleWorld of WarcraftVindictus

debauchee has much to be proud ofdebauchee has much to be proud ofdebauchee has much to be proud ofdebauchee has much to be proud ofdebauchee has much to be proud ofdebauchee has much to be proud ofdebauchee has much to be proud ofdebauchee has much to be proud ofdebauchee has much to be proud of
IGN: Bossbait
Class: Duelist to_bunny
Level: 27x
Default scientist vs cyber hunter?

well I have a lvl 215 lion waiting for job advancement and I thought i had decided on cyber hunter because my lion is pure wt and will be used for drilling alot, but with the new skills coming out I'm not too sure, i had a scientist before that was lvl 18x and i wasn't too impressed with the skills, berserk failed to cast way too often the revealing eye skill is junk outside of pvp.

anyone have any input on this decision that might sway me either way?"

Spoiler!

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
04-03-2012   #2 (permalink)
ggFTW Fan
Awards Retired Wiki Staff

Dumma has a brilliant futureDumma has a brilliant futureDumma has a brilliant futureDumma has a brilliant futureDumma has a brilliant futureDumma has a brilliant futureDumma has a brilliant futureDumma has a brilliant futureDumma has a brilliant futureDumma has a brilliant futureDumma has a brilliant future

Do you mostly drill manually? If so go Cyber Hunter item detector really helps, you can even use it to make crazy drilling effective

Otherwise really is up to you, my own pure AC Cyber Hunter is eh in everything but drilling and I find myself envying pures for their current skills (except Berserk funny enough) and I really wish I could get the Bunker unreleased skill
but a pure WT lion will have an even harder time killing things than my Cyber Hunter, even with good equips

Hope my experience helps you decide

04-03-2012   #3 (permalink)
twerk
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games
Trickster OnlineLeague of LegendsMapleStoryWonderKing Online
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorWandering EyeFacebook FanPervert Award

james has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond repute

Both third job Lions are not that great. The Bunker skill is really meh because it roots you in place (and requires Mastered Revealing Eye) and you don't get that much out of going Cyber other than more LK and debuffs.

Overall the better choice for PvM/PvBoss is probably Scientist since Berserk is a good grinding skill that fails significantly less often when Mastered. If you're just going to afk drill however, just pick one. Neither job is significantly better at afk-drilling than the other.

04-03-2012   #4 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict

zemega is just really nicezemega is just really nicezemega is just really nicezemega is just really nicezemega is just really nice

I enjoy my Scientist very much. Especially with the CT Bosses and Bossing. Even though Berserk fails sometimes, most of the time it works, and it helps clear up the summoned mobs. Not to mention Shooting Spree, Berserk, Shooting Spree works well in Fiesta. In 10 minutes, I can kill more that 400, sometimes 500 Fiesta Mobs. With the new skill Bunker, you can only use skill inside the bunker, you can't use normal shot. So having more skills to rotate is better for me. Just root yourself in front of the CT Boss, DS, SS, Berserk, then DS, SS, then DS, Berserk, and repeat. SS and Berserk is to clear off the summoned mobs while hitting the boss as well. That's how I use my Scientist these days. Hope that helps you. Full Weight Lion, does that mean you're going to depend on Pouch of Pain?

04-03-2012   #5 (permalink)
twerk
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games
Trickster OnlineLeague of LegendsMapleStoryWonderKing Online
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorWandering EyeFacebook FanPervert Award

james has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by zemega
With the new skill Bunker, you can only use skill inside the bunker, you can't use normal shot. So having more skills to rotate is better for me. Just root yourself in front of the CT Boss, DS, SS, Berserk, then DS, SS, then DS, Berserk, and repeat. SS and Berserk is to clear off the summoned mobs while hitting the boss as well. That's how I use my Scientist these days. Hope that helps you.
Bunker hasn't been released, so unless you've played on kTO (which my apologies if you have), you really don't know how good the Bunker skill will be. Especially given the fact how vulnerable you are to Banish and also given the fact that the Bunker's health is based off your health, it may not even last long.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zemega
Full Weight Lion, does that mean you're going to depend on Pouch of Pain?
Means s/he's going to be a driller.