ggFTW

MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > MMO Games > Trickster Online > Trickster Online Character Types > Sense Type

League of Legends
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

League of Legends

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
03-19-2012   #1 (permalink)
Joy
LDR
Games
Trickster OnlineEden EternalLeague of Legends

Joy has a brilliant futureJoy has a brilliant futureJoy has a brilliant futureJoy has a brilliant futureJoy has a brilliant futureJoy has a brilliant futureJoy has a brilliant futureJoy has a brilliant futureJoy has a brilliant futureJoy has a brilliant futureJoy has a brilliant future
Send a message via Skype™ to Joy
IGN: Joycelin
Level: Silver♥
Default What is the ideal driller character?

I was thinking about making a driller character and I had some questions:
1. Fox or lion?
2. What build?
3. What do I put the points into? DA,LK,DP?
+rep for all the help. ^^

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
03-19-2012   #2 (permalink)
twerk
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games
Trickster OnlineLeague of LegendsMapleStoryWonderKing Online
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorWandering EyeFacebook FanPervert Award

Tardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond repute

1. Either
2. Any
3. Any

I know these seem like relatively vague answers, however it's not that difficult to become a good driller. You only need 90 DA to hit the cap on detection, meaning you will either always detect an item or fail to detect an item. In reality any character works as a good driller. Senses can do it better however with their Invincible Drill and higher natural WT.

If you're shooting for a character that can start drilling ASAP, make a Sense, make it pure DA, and get as many DA items as possible. It's fairly easy to hit 90 DA even at around level 50.

If you're shooting for a driller that's going to afk in monster maps where the monster are kind of painful and are aggro, then you want to shoot for a 1144 DA or LK Sense and get it as high as you think is reasonable. LK is probably more preferred since it can block hits and magic, which is a plus for afk drilling in aggro maps.

03-19-2012   #3 (permalink)
Joy
LDR
Games

Joy has a brilliant futureJoy has a brilliant futureJoy has a brilliant futureJoy has a brilliant futureJoy has a brilliant futureJoy has a brilliant futureJoy has a brilliant futureJoy has a brilliant futureJoy has a brilliant futureJoy has a brilliant futureJoy has a brilliant future

Yeah, thanks Jamesie. I want to be able to drill in places with aggro monsters without dying.
So I'm thinking LK is neeeded more than DA.
And then there's the question whereas to have a 4 in magic or a 4 in charm.
Both block. So which?

03-20-2012   #4 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict

zemega is just really nicezemega is just really nicezemega is just really nicezemega is just really nicezemega is just really nice

If you want to have active drilling instead of relying on Driller Pets, Fox is the best. First job has a skill that flashes around 1 second where the item is underground. Second job Fox has a skill that shows where the item is underground for 33s. Make a 1144 Fox. Put stats in DA and LK as you wish. Plus the Sixth Sense (DA Buff) will let you reach 90 DA quickly. Just compund HP and DP for survivabilty. And MD depending on the map. That is if you depends on active drilling. If you just want to use Driller Pet, any character will do. You might as well make a Thief Master while you're at it.

03-20-2012   #5 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Trickster OnlineLeague of Legends

InfernalGuy has a reputation beyond reputeInfernalGuy has a reputation beyond reputeInfernalGuy has a reputation beyond reputeInfernalGuy has a reputation beyond reputeInfernalGuy has a reputation beyond reputeInfernalGuy has a reputation beyond reputeInfernalGuy has a reputation beyond reputeInfernalGuy has a reputation beyond reputeInfernalGuy has a reputation beyond reputeInfernalGuy has a reputation beyond reputeInfernalGuy has a reputation beyond repute

I personally enjoy pure DA lions. Invincible drilling+sixth sense+basic detection let's you drill from desert fields to rose garden without missing a dig. By then, you hit your 3rd job and get item detector which is for any places that are above rose. Thats pretty much all you need for an active driller. Btw these crazy drilling based skills are good to have too.
If you need an afk driller, anything is good as others said above, as long as you have 90 DA AND you're drilling in non aggro field. Otherwise you just wasting your time and must get a fox/lion

03-20-2012   #6 (permalink)
What a NUB :3
Games
Trickster OnlineMapleStoryGunboundLineage

iMerlyn is a splendid one to beholdiMerlyn is a splendid one to beholdiMerlyn is a splendid one to beholdiMerlyn is a splendid one to beholdiMerlyn is a splendid one to beholdiMerlyn is a splendid one to behold
IGN: LoveYoux3
Class: Champion to_schoolgirl
Level: 320
Guild: God of War

o_o Pure WT fox with driller girl, 2 Pounch of WT as accesories and DP hat/shield HP sword

03-20-2012   #7 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict
Games
zOMG!Transformice!Trickster Online

Gerik is a name known to allGerik is a name known to allGerik is a name known to allGerik is a name known to allGerik is a name known to allGerik is a name known to all
Send a message via MSN to Gerik
IGN: Tsuukune
Class: Slave to_dragon
Level: 275
Guild: Rhaaaaage! >o

regarding the second question, Imho, go 1243 or 1144.
Don't worry too much about da... At level100+ knives easily have 40+ da. And you'll have a nice base to work with. The real important matter is dp and md. Some lk and Hv are also important. Don't go pure da. Imo, its a waste of points. Go dp/md or pure weight. Purr weight allows you to afk for a while, and it has some really good utility. Dp and md build.allow you to potentially pump your Equips with Hv lk and HP which are really important.

As a reference, my 1144 fox can afk at ghost blue with about 1.2k dp, and 1k md. (provided by a single ult.crest shield) the hat is used for a bit of dp and da, the knife if da, and accessories are HP and Hv compounded. She usually doesn't die.

03-20-2012   #8 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Special Games
La TaleTrickster OnlinePangyaROHAN: Blood Feud
Awards MoM Award

Aria has disabled reputation

Personally, I'd recommend:
  • A 1144 build for sure;
  • Either Fox or Lion is fine. You might pick either one depending on their looks, and which path you want to take for third job;
  • If the character is mostly for drilling, pure WT or DA/LK;
Quote:
Originally Posted by CookiesNCream
And then there's the question whereas to have a 4 in magic or a 4 in charm.
A 4 in Magic is totally useless if you're not a Magic type. Don't toy with that idea. 1144 is a very good build for a driller Fox/Lion, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zemega
First job has a skill that flashes around 1 second where the item is underground.
Basic Detection is available to both first job Foxes and Lions. You don't need to be a Fox to use it while first job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerik
regarding the second question, Imho, go 1243 or 1144.
A 2 in Magic is a complete and utter waste. Just get a good MD shield or compound a MD hat if you must.

03-20-2012   #9 (permalink)
twerk
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games
Trickster OnlineLeague of LegendsMapleStoryWonderKing Online
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorWandering EyeFacebook FanPervert Award

Tardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond repute

I second what Lyn says about having higher than 1 in Magic. Really, neither of the defensive stats scale that well just by going off of points. So why not just go 1441 for shits and lolz since the DP scaling is equally as bad as MD scaling? Well, Charm at least has HP and HV rather than the useless MA and marginally useful MP growth.

Don't toy with a 1441. I would just go 1144.

03-20-2012   #10 (permalink)
Joy
LDR
Games

Thanks everyone! (: This really helped me out and I am just looking for auto drilling WITH aggro monsters so I might just make a fox 1144 PURE LK. Sound good? (:

03-20-2012   #11 (permalink)
Games
Trickster OnlineHello Kitty OnlineMabinogi

Nikeos has a reputation beyond reputeNikeos has a reputation beyond reputeNikeos has a reputation beyond reputeNikeos has a reputation beyond reputeNikeos has a reputation beyond reputeNikeos has a reputation beyond reputeNikeos has a reputation beyond reputeNikeos has a reputation beyond reputeNikeos has a reputation beyond reputeNikeos has a reputation beyond reputeNikeos has a reputation beyond repute

As Lyn said, if the character is mostly for drilling, pure WT is recommended. LK is easier to obtain from equipment while WT is near impossible to stack up. If I were you, I would pick pure WT.

03-20-2012   #12 (permalink)
Joy
LDR
Games

I don't want to spend very much MS on it really....And I already have a weight fox. I think I need LK more because of the aggro monsters. :x

03-20-2012   #13 (permalink)
Games
Trickster OnlineHello Kitty OnlineMabinogi

Nikeos has a reputation beyond reputeNikeos has a reputation beyond reputeNikeos has a reputation beyond reputeNikeos has a reputation beyond reputeNikeos has a reputation beyond reputeNikeos has a reputation beyond reputeNikeos has a reputation beyond reputeNikeos has a reputation beyond reputeNikeos has a reputation beyond reputeNikeos has a reputation beyond reputeNikeos has a reputation beyond repute

As far as I know, the blocking/crit cap for LK is at 90, which is no problem to get. You should have no reason to spend Myshop on a driller regardless (beside the driller pet), the equips you are able to get ingame are more than adequate.