ggFTW

MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > MMO Games > Trickster Online > Trickster Online Character Types > Sense Type

League of Legends
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

League of Legends

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
12-28-2011   #1 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Trickster OnlineLeague of Legends

InfernalGuy has a reputation beyond reputeInfernalGuy has a reputation beyond reputeInfernalGuy has a reputation beyond reputeInfernalGuy has a reputation beyond reputeInfernalGuy has a reputation beyond reputeInfernalGuy has a reputation beyond reputeInfernalGuy has a reputation beyond reputeInfernalGuy has a reputation beyond reputeInfernalGuy has a reputation beyond reputeInfernalGuy has a reputation beyond reputeInfernalGuy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Scientist or Cyber Hunter?

Hello all. My lion is coming to his 100s and now I need to decide: Scientist or Cyber Hunter. I have a lvl 180 scientist, but it feels like it lacks something. I plan to jump in PvP randomly, maybe few times a week, if that says anything. Maybe boss hunt later on. What should I choose? A little of pros and cons should be fine I guess

Btw, 2143 build pure AC

Last edited by InfernalGuy; 12-28-2011 at 08:36 AM.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
12-29-2011   #2 (permalink)
ggFTW Regular
ggFTW Star
Games
Trickster OnlineGrand ChaseDofusKingdom of Loathing
Awards Retired Content Staff

Hekutaa has a reputation beyond reputeHekutaa has a reputation beyond reputeHekutaa has a reputation beyond reputeHekutaa has a reputation beyond reputeHekutaa has a reputation beyond reputeHekutaa has a reputation beyond reputeHekutaa has a reputation beyond reputeHekutaa has a reputation beyond reputeHekutaa has a reputation beyond reputeHekutaa has a reputation beyond reputeHekutaa has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Hekutaa
IGN: Hekutaa / Yaripon / Flins
Guild: Mirage Coordinator

Let's assess the skills each job has:
Scientists have some skills that compliment their previous job class, namely Sharp Sense, and Berserk. Gun Overdrive basically augments the standard gunshot, and not skills (I'm not sure about this)

I'm a level 178 AC Cyber Hunter, and for the most part, it's more geared towards PvP in my opinion. You basically have access to Aura of Luck (another Luck boost) and Sticky Icky, which debuffs Luck, DP, and HV. I'm not sure if this stacks with Shield Breaker, but if it does, you can basically make any enemy into a defenseless whimp. Another skill Cyber Hunters have is Landmine, but it doesn't do too much damage, since it's dependent on both Luck and DA, which may be lacking for both in an AC build

All in all, I say that Cyber Hunters are slightly geared towards PvP and boss hunting due to their access to two useful debuffs, while Scientists are geared more towards PvM with their AoE and critical damage booster.

12-29-2011   #3 (permalink)
bitch pls
Special
Games
Asda StoryDragon SagaEmil Chronicle OnlineLa Tale
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerWandering EyeFacebook FanPervert Award

Queen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Queen Send a message via Skype™ to Queen
IGN: Allure
Class: Priest
Level: 90

Lions in general are geared towards bossing. My 160 Scientist can kill count in 3-4 hits, and you almost can't argue debuffs in bossing as guardians take care of that. You shouldn't really need any besides the added bonus of Skunk anyway. Lions are naturally excellent at bossing.

Without guardians, Cyber Hunters are better for bossing (but doesn't mean a Scientist is bad) and PvP, however, since a guardian is now sort of required (if you want to do Episode 6, that is) and factoring in a guardian, Scientist is the king of PvM and thus Bossing (faster trials and the same skills essentially as a CH, some hate Berserker some love it) whereas a Cyber Hunter will only excel more in PvP.

OP already has a Scientist he said, so the obvious choice seems to be Cyber Hunter, anyway. Which is why I never bothered replying before now, lol.

And just for my opinion, I went Scientist because I knew Cyber Hunter is only for people who like to PvP, as the obvious PvM choice is Scientist. The debuffs for Cyber always seemed so silly for PvM and I know of quite a few people who went CH for the debuffs only to feel they were utterly worthless for bossing as they could kill bosses just as easily if not faster (waiting to cast them)

Diablo III North America Glacea#1307
League of Legends Queen Nimera, Level 20
New Leaf/Pokemon XY 4511 - 0825 - 1589

12-29-2011   #4 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Trickster Online

Azumarill has a brilliant futureAzumarill has a brilliant futureAzumarill has a brilliant futureAzumarill has a brilliant futureAzumarill has a brilliant futureAzumarill has a brilliant futureAzumarill has a brilliant futureAzumarill has a brilliant futureAzumarill has a brilliant futureAzumarill has a brilliant futureAzumarill has a brilliant future
IGN: Nerdy
Class: All Nerdy Classes to_boxer
Level: All Nerdy lvs
Guild: Nerd(Pure)flux

I've never had a lion.
But I have a gunner fox.

For bossing I only need shield break and that is pretty much it.

In PvP, I almost never go there with my fox. Because most likely it will not have a chance in beating anything there.
Unless it is a dark mage, soul master, another gunner I might have a chance.

As the others have mentioned. Aura of luck which is for cyber hunter helps a lot in PvP.
When I do PvP, the main skills used are the attacking skills. Because most of the time you don't get enough time to cast a debuff. That is, in my case.

But sticky is pretty good since it reduces 3 stats. With shield break and maybe lock on. You might be successful in PvP.

So I guess if you PvP, cyber hunter is the way to go.

However, you wont be using the other fox skills much (such as throwing), close to none because the TM you will need for those skills are like... a lot.

12-29-2011   #5 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

fate23 has much to be proud offate23 has much to be proud offate23 has much to be proud offate23 has much to be proud offate23 has much to be proud offate23 has much to be proud offate23 has much to be proud offate23 has much to be proud offate23 has much to be proud of
IGN: h1zuka/PrincessJanine
Class: Fat People
Level: 280/313

Go scientist. Sci has more damaged especially since you have berserk. In bossing you basically just need shield breaker except for some like soki which i think need a guardian so u can skunk it w/o getting hit then SB and its gonna die. The two debuffs you get + aol as a cyber doesn't make up for berserk since those debuffs don't make much of a difference when you're fighting a boss and in terms of pvp you'll prolly get hit by lucky shots even if you debuff them.
Another good thing about sci is 1 more extra aoe for pvm so that helps a lot in leveling.

12-30-2011   #6 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Trickster OnlineLeague of Legends

InfernalGuy has a reputation beyond reputeInfernalGuy has a reputation beyond reputeInfernalGuy has a reputation beyond reputeInfernalGuy has a reputation beyond reputeInfernalGuy has a reputation beyond reputeInfernalGuy has a reputation beyond reputeInfernalGuy has a reputation beyond reputeInfernalGuy has a reputation beyond reputeInfernalGuy has a reputation beyond reputeInfernalGuy has a reputation beyond reputeInfernalGuy has a reputation beyond repute

The only thing that keeps me unasured is that scientist might get brand new shiny shiny skills after class completion. On the other hand, I do have a scientist and I woukd be able to try new skills on him. So far, if I would choose cyber hunter, I would learn item detector, aura of luck, landmine, sticky icky. And maybe that crazy drilling skill, mega crazy drilling iirc.