ggFTW

ggFTW (http://ggftw.com/forum/)
-   Sense Type Guides (http://ggftw.com/forum/sense-type-guides/)
-   -   New Guide For PvP Lion (http://ggftw.com/forum/sense-type-guides/98182-new-guide-pvp-lion.html)

HyperFuse 06-23-2011 12:25 AM

New Guide For PvP Lion

Hello guys ! This will be my 1st guide ! Be Polite :py55:

And now let's start with my guide .

PvP Lion ? Yeah You have red well . Why don't try it ? I love lion , but in PvP

they aren't so that good . But today i'll show you the way :py55:

1.0. BUILD : ( the 1st number is power , the second magic , 3rd sense and 4th charm )

1.1 : 1144 : One of the most common build , in this build you must go AC . Good for PvM but no for PvP. Rate : 10/10 for PvM 6/10 for PvP

1.2 : 2143 : Also this is common : you'll sacrifice same HP and HV for more AC . But Now i've tried this points setting : Hybrid LK/AC . Ok let's see the Pros and Cons :

Pros : 3 points on Charm you'll have nice HP and HV . But 2 Points on LK will be the key of PvP If you go Cyber Hunter You'll have another LK debuff and Landmine which is also based on LK very good skill for PvP .

Cons : Low AC .

Rate : PvM : 7/10 PvP 10/10

1.3 3142 : Still the same for 2143 build , go hybrid LK/AC or full AC , but you should go for Cyber Hunter to get Aura Of Luck .

Rate : PvM 5/10 PvP 9/10

1.4 4114 : THE CANNON GLASS !!! I love that but you need same HP equips and HV . But Don't Worry it could work . I suggest to go full LK with this build if you go Sciencist .

Rate : PvM 5/10 PvP 9/10

1.5. Points Setting :

-Full AC : Very good Setting for PvM for PvP i prefer the followers .

-Hybrid LK/AC : Nice Stinng for PvP and also for PvM .

-Full LK : The best for PvP ! But it only work for 4114 build .

1.6. Skills Build :

Engineer :

1st Job :

TM 5 Gun Carrier (5 points used)
TM 20 Invincible Reload (5 points used)
TM 30 Master Gun Booster (15 points used)
TM 40 Quick Reload (5 points used)

Total points used: 30

Inventor :

Second Job :

TM 55 Learn and Master Power Shot (15 points used)
TM 56 Take Stone Strike to level 10 (10 points used)
TM 58 Armor Destructor (2 points used)
TM 74 Master Lucky Seven (16 points used)
TM 89 Master Shooting Spree (15 points used)
TM 116 Master Double Shot (16 points used)
TM 120 Take Keen Sense to Level 5 (7 points used)
TM 132 Master Shield Breaker (17 points used)

Sciencist :

Pure 3rd Job

TM 135 Master Berserk (16 points used)
TM 151 Master Sharp Sense (16 points used)

Now You can learn everything you need , for example : Lucky fist , very good for PvP against charm , Gun Overdrive , Nice for PvM ,then Sixth Sense which helps with Sticky foot and Lock On.

Cyber Hunter :

Hybrid 3rd Job

TM level 125: Master Aura of Luck
TM level 131: Master Sticky Foot 12 TM points used
TM level 140: Armor Destructor---level 10---9 TM points used.
TM level 156: Sticky Icky---Master---16 TM points used.
TM level 173: Shiled Breaker---Master---17 TM points used.
TM level 188: Land Mine---Master---15 TM points used
TM level 203: Gas Mask---Master---15 TM points used.

The same for 3rd Job pure , you can learn everything you need as Leg Training , Sixth Sense ( reccomanded ) , Lock On .

1.7. Training and Quest :

1-35 : Paradise Quests and Story Quest.

35-50 : Poppuri Dongeon quests .

50-60 : Gate of Caballa Relics questies . ( I only suggest for Caballa coffee quest which is easy to get . Other quests are boring . Just buy Caballa stickers for Key Quest. )

60-80 : Oops Wharf quests and Story quests .

80-130 : Do every quests to get 130 . For TM and Level up do Fiesta and Nora Sewer MQ .

150-190 : Underground Quests , Story quests , Swamp quests , Snow hill quests.

190 : Now you have to Grind with bracer at Snow Mine if you got Very good AC kill Gold Scarab or if you haven' it go for silver scarab .

200-210 : PQ Snow Mine

210-220 : Techichi quests .

220-230 : Grind , Grind , Grind till you get 230 .

230-240+ : Tapasco questies and grind .

I suggest to get Guardian , cause daily Shadow quests give nice Exp and TM .

Thanks to everyone who read my guide :)

P.S : This is a guide for MyShop buyers , but who play trick without Pts ?

I hope I meet you in the game :) :py55:

Azumarill 02-06-2012 04:56 AM

Nice guide.
Any tips for what skills/tactics to use against different classes and what equipments to use/compound into?

InfernalGuy 02-06-2012 05:08 AM

Penny... I really don't think that the guide writer is watching over his guide :|

Queen 02-06-2012 06:10 AM

The only sense guides up-to-date are James's and my own.

Azumarill 02-06-2012 08:47 AM

I see. But all guides are focused on PvM.
I need some pro tips for PvP. x3

Queen 02-06-2012 09:14 AM

Neither of us pvp. Try asking in the sense type forum.

Trying to keep my relevant guides bumped is a pain in this ass when people bump clearly dead threads. People get misinformation when the crappy dated guide is five posts above the guides people work hard to maintain.

InfernalGuy 02-06-2012 09:18 AM

Penny, all you need for lion PvPer is Lock-on and shield breaker if youre aiming for Scientist and sticky icky in case youre going hybrid. You can get all of these party-support skills, but only if you want to be supporter. It is obvious you wont stand for too long as a lion.

Azumarill 02-06-2012 09:42 AM

Sorry I actually didn't pay attention to the date of this post.
Because it was still on the first page I assumed it was active. x.x

@InfernalGuy
It isn't really the skills that I should get. With high enough TM I can pretty much get every skill that I want.

I was more thinking of what skills to use on a certain type and what one should think of and such. Also which equipments are good to use and what to compound and stats to focus on when vs a certain type.

Tardar 02-06-2012 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Penny (Post 1676067)
I was more thinking of what skills to use on a certain type and what one should think of and such. Also which equipments are good to use and what to compound and stats to focus on when vs a certain type.

You only have three skills as a Cyber, and four if you're a Scientist-- you're not going to have many options. Power Shot and Double Shot are your best bets for damage as they're your only single target attacks.

Versus Powers, you're going to want to break Guard as fast as possible. Unfortunately, all of your skills only take out one tick of guard so that's a problem. If you get hit, you're dead. You can probably easily out LK a Power so you should focus more on AC, HV, and HP.

Versus Magics, you're going to want to build more LK, AC, and HP. If you can't beat a Light Mage within 10 seconds (cooldown for Shield) then you're not going to win.

Versus Charms.......... don't even bother. They're likely to have enough HV for them to take no damage. You can try to Shield Breaker them, but you have to pray that you don't die before it lands. If it lands you have a decent chance of killing them. Lock-on is an awful skill and reduces only a marginal amount of HV and should not be gotten. You should only get Shield Breaker and maybe Sticky Icky if you have enough LK.

These focus on regular PvP situations. If there is war you're probably going to want to take a different approach. And also, why you would PvP on a Lion is beyond me. They suck... a lot. Especially when comparing what other classes can do.

Azumarill 02-06-2012 12:57 PM

Thanx for some pro tip Jamesie. :)

I don't go PvP regularly, but I like to build my characters adapted to all aspects of the game. I play a gun fox for fun. :)

One think that I wonder a lot about is if it is worth putting HV into gunners when VS charms. because I recall seeing a lion pwn a decent raccoon because he had HV.

Guard break seem to miss quite a lot, but I have it mastered it is a great skill.
Already got lock on to lv 10 just in case. l am working on lucky fist just because I have spare points. I have also heard that lucky fist works good on charms.

Tardar 02-06-2012 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Penny (Post 1676117)
One think that I wonder a lot about is if it is worth putting HV into gunners when VS charms. because I recall seeing a lion pwn a decent raccoon because he had HV.

It might work since Charms tend to have lower AC, but that also means potentially sacrificing AC and HP to get hit less. If anything, I predict that fight will either be a battle of who can out-pot (if people still do that) who or a plain stalemate.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Penny (Post 1676117)
Guard break seem to miss quite a lot, but I have it mastered it is a great skill.
Already got lock on to lv 10 just in case. l am working on lucky fist just because I have spare points. I have also heard that lucky fist works good on charms.

Shield Breaker does miss a lot, which really gimps Lions. If it had a better hit rate, Lions would be able to do a lot better in PvP. Spare points are for you to do as you wish, I haven't heard anything about Lucky Fist being good on Charms. I mean, it's on a long cooldown, you're going to need a fair amount of LK for it to hurt; if it's a really good Charm, it's probably not going to even be worthwhile.