ggFTW

MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > MMO Games > Trickster Online > Trickster Online Guides > Sense Type Guides

Elsword
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Elsword

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
06-23-2008   #1 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Lurker

scraywarrior is on a distinguished road
Default Saorin's Brand New Gunner Lion Guide!

Disclaimer: This is MINE. SAORIN’S AKA SCRAYWARRIOR’S. YOU STEAL, YOU DIE. On that note, this guide was made exclusively for MT (or whatever’s left of it on this forum) and if you wish to post this somewhere else, message me. If you’re lucky, I’ll get back to you with a yes.

This guide was made especially for Gunner Lions. You know, those people that lurk in their basement playing those archers or whatever in other games. Well, this is Trickster’s version of an archer, a gunner which I probably like more than those cheap bow-and-arrow imitations. Gunners go BANGBANG and things fall down and don’t wake up. Archers go OMGOMGOMGNOOOOOI’MGONNADIE and then they really do die. So, yes, I’m pretty sure you’ll enjoy this character.

Credits:

Leon – I liked the format of his fox guide. Kinda took...most of it. >_>;;;
MyTricksterWiki – It gave me most of the pictures and information I didn’t have.
Laggy – His awesome guide which made my first Lion inspired me to make a new guide.
Atrophy – His skill build guide on the official forums was the one I used for my Lion.
People who replied on this guide – They helped so much that it'd be disgraceful to leave them out of the credits.

Important, this is! This, as it says on that purple banner I made in twenty seconds, is a GUIDE. You don’t need to follow it word for word. If you know a skill you could add or take away from the skill build that could make it better, then add it or subtract it. If you know a better place to train than those recommended, train there. So, yes, this is guide.

1. What’s a Lion?
  2. Evolutions of a Lion
  3. Pros and Cons
  4. Status Growth
  5. Bonus Points
  6. Builds
  7. Skills
  8. Levelling Guide
  9. Combat Tactics
  10. Equipment (Unfunded and Funded)

1. So, What’s a Lion then?

The lion (Panthera leo) is an animal that lives in most of Africa and some parts of eastern Asia and they KILL things with their teeth. Their big, sharp, pointy and smelly teeth. Usually covered in gooey saliva. Which is digestive fluids and stinks really badly because they eat raw things. So their breath smells like rotting raw dead things. THIS IS A LION:

Jesus Christ, it’s a lion! Get in the car!

In Trickster, we have a Lion. It’s not a lion, it’s a Lion. It’s a Lion because it walks on two feet, wears a T-SHIRT and CARGO PANTS, and waves a gun in your face. They also evolve like Pokemon or Digimon. And when they evolve, they get MILITARY GUNS. So they’re angry MILITARY LIONS WITH GUNS. So, never trample on a Lion’s yard. Because the conversation will go something like this:

“GET OFF MY LAWN, YOU ROTTEN KIDS! I’VE GOT MY GUN.“

“ONONONONONONO! HE HAS A MILITARY GUN! RUN!”

“RATATATATATATATATATATATATAT!”

“MOMMY, I DON’T WANNA DIE! Whoops, too late. -dramatic death-”

Both types of lions are EXTREMELY DANGEROUS. Avoid if possible. Unless you are one/will be one which you probably are/will be or you wouldn’t be reading this guide.

2. Lion Jobs
These are the Lion's Digimon/Pokemon evolutions that Ntreev calls JOBS:

The Engineer or 1st job Lion:

The Inventor or 2nd job Lion:

And the Scientist/Cyber Hunter or 3rd Job Lions:

or

SCREEEECHTHUD! -slams into 3rd job wall-

Ouch. Okay, NOW we got a problem. Scientist VS Cyber Hunter. Since there's better skills for both 2nd and 3rd job, Cyber Hunter ain't your god anymore. Cyber Hunter is now more of a (better dressed) PvP class, while Scientist is more of a PvM (with PvP skills you might use but probably never will) class. Choose your poison, I suppose.

3. Pros and Cons

Pros:
-YOU’VE GOT A GUN.
-...YOU’VE GOT A GUN.
-You don’t stink too bad at drilling.
-You can carry things. LOTS AND LOTS OF THINGS. And bullets.
-You don’t stink too bad at Compounding, both Mature and not.
-You don’t get bored because you’re too busy going OMGIDUNWANNADIE!

Cons:
-You’re still not as good as a DA Fox at drilling.
-Your damage fails but only in the beginning.
-Your defence fails.
-Your HP fails.
-Your MP fails.
-You fail. YOU’RE A KITTY WITH FUNKY HEADFUR. HOW’S THAT INTIMIDATING?

4. Status Growth
Old, “experienced” people, skip this. You will be bored with my ranting. It’s still in the same I-wrote-this-guide-because-the-old-ones-were-outdated format but with more “I AM TEACHER. HEAR ME ROAR,” inserts.

Okay, so you’ve downloaded Trickster. You’ve made an account. You’ve read the backgrounds of each character, looked at the concept art, and decided on a Lion. You’ve logged into your account and pressed the create button and—HEY WHOAWHOAWHOA, WHAT THE-? BUILDS? STATUS GROWTH!? MOMMY, HELP ME!

NEVER FEAR, THIS GUIDE WRITER IS HERE!

There are four types of characters, specializing in each of these four categories:

Power: Damage, damage, damage. If they’re not damaging, they’re debuffing. If they’re not making your defence cry in mercy aka debuffing, they’re damaging. It’s a funfunfun cycle of PAIN. LOTS OF PAIN. These characters, the Bunny and Buffalo, are VERY COLOURFUL until 3rd job where they look like animal versions of Robocop. This growth is where your damage comes from, both with a sword and a gun.

Magic: Both characters are girls. Well, not really. The Dragon was supposed to be a boy. But, honestly, LOOK AT THAT HAIR! It’s all soft and shiny and—Okay, I’ll shut up now. Magic-types have bad tempers. If you make a Sheep or Dragon mad, you’ll most likely be set on fire, electrocuted, crushed under a boulder, drowned, speared with MAGIC LIGHT SPEARS, and/or smothered with DARK MAGIC. They have nice dresses and hair. This growth is where your MP comes from.

Sense: This is what you are. Your female counterpart is the Fox. Sense types also focus on damaging and debuffing as well as being able to be good at drilling and compounding. They rely on melee or ranged melee skills that cause a ton of damage. They’re also extremely fashionable. They have nice clothes, especially 3rd job Lion and Fox. This growth is where you get the ability to drill and compound well.

Charm: The final stats and classes. This category contains the Raccoon with his distracting tail and the Cat with her overdone makeup. They’re kind of like Bunnies and Buffalos except they can tank monsters well over their level, especially Raccoons. They think they’re fashionable but their clothes are really costumes from the Renaissance Era. This growth is where your HP, evasion, and defence come from.

Now that you probably get the idea of the four types, and so it’s time to explain how the graph works.

Each number on the graph represents a percentage. Technically, when you level, you get 34 bonus points. 30 of those points are used right away when you level and are dropped into the stats at their proper percentages while 4 of the points are left for you to distribute yourself.

For example, say I have a 4114 Bunny or a build graph of 40% (4) in Power, 10% (1) in Magic, 10% (1) in Sense, and 40% (4) in Charm. Every level, the 30 bonus points from levelling up are distributed as such: 12 points go into Power, 4 for each stat; 3 points go into Magic, 1 for each stat; 3 points go into Sense, 1 for each stat; 12 points go into Charm, 4 for each stat. Get it now?

Note: Usually, builds are read from left to right or Power, Magic, Sense, Charm (in that order).

5. Bonus Points

Remember that 4 extra points I said you had for status growth? Those 4 points can be into ANY stat but only a two are actually helpful:

Pure Accuracy (AC): Strangely enough, gun damage does not use a stat in Sense even though that’s what type a Lion is. So, Lions are like, a SEEKRIT POWER TYPE because that’s where Accuracy is. This is your usual Lion distribution.

Pure Luck (LK): Pure Luck lions can crit more and miss less than a Pure Accuracy Lion but attack normally with less damage. So, your damage becomes extremely unstable.

Accuracy/Luck Hybrid (AC/LK): This is the jack-of-all-trades. Master of none, apprentice of many. All that weird philosophical crap nobody really cares about nowadays. You’ll have pretty decent damage but it’s not as good as an average Pure Accuracy Lion. You’ll crit a lot and miss less but not be as good as a Pure Luck.

They’re all good. But I recommend Pure Accuracy. There’s no wrong time to blow up the heads of monsters! YAY GUNS!

6. Builds

Now, for the ACTUAL status growth charts. Bonus points came before builds so I’m POSITIVE that you won’t do something retarded like pump up weight and think it’s for the damage of a gun. Anyways, yes, builds.

It’s a pretty good build. You can tank hits from monsters due to your massive amount of HP, Defence, and HV. But your damage will FAIL HORRIBLY unless you’re pure Accuracy and have a chunk of AC-compounded equips, which you should have anyways. It’s recommended for unfunded players who lag or don’t get hit-and-running.

This is the build I’m using and I’M LOVIN’ IT. The damage doesn’t suck too badly and you can still tank okay in case you were trapped against the map wall by accident. Again, everything’s AC, HP or LK comp-ed. Recommended for everyone. Hybrid build graphs are VERY GOOD.

This is the build graph you’ll first see when you create a Lion. It’s just like the 2143 build but more attack based. Whatever you see up in the chunk of text for the 2143 Lion is the same for here.

HOLY MOTHER OF GOLDEN JALAPENO FRENCH COWS! Your damage is godly but your defence will fail (It already does. You have no shield), your HP will fail (Still failing), and your HV will fail (You’re not a Raccoon. It doesn’t even matter anymore). But you can hurt things. And hurt them four times more than a 1144 Lion. IT’S EXTREME LIKE DINOSAURS EXPLODING! Recommended if you’re insane or have a lot of patience. Or both. But what insane person is also patient?

7. Skills

Okay, so you’re in the game. You ACTUALLY get the wacky numbers like 1432 or 1243 or 4114 that people go around telling other people when you walk around Coral Beach. BUT WHY IN JAPANESE-AMERICAN CHINESE FOOD CAN’T I EQUIP A GUN?

Well, that’s because gun wielding is a SKILL. It’s a card that costs 1,000g. And then it lets you carry a gun. Reason it’s needed: Because Trickster is REALISTIC like that, you need a PERMIT to carry a GUN.

So, I’d recommend getting the skills in this order:

Engineer:

Gun Carrier: Acquired.
Stone Strike: Level 5
Invincible Reload: Acquired.
Gun Booster: Level to Mastery
Loading on the Move: Acquired.
Stone Strike: Level to 10.

Inventor:

Power Shot: Level to Mastery
Shooting Spree: Level to Mastery
Armour Destructor: Level 1
Lucky Seven: Level to Mastery
Double Shot: Level to Mastery

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cyber Hunter:

Shield Breaker: Level to Mastery. Your bossing buddy.
Aura of Luck: Level to Mastery
Landmine: Level to Mastery
Sixth Sense: Level to Mastery
Sticky Foot: Level to Mastery
Armour Destructor: Level 10
Sticky Icky: Level to Mastery
Heavy Carrier: Level to Mastery
Lightning Rod: Level to Mastery
Gas Mask: Level to Mastery

OR

Scientist:

Shield Breaker: Level to Mastery. Again, bossing buddy. BFF. You know the drill.
Berserk: Level to Mastery
Gun Overdrive: Level to Mastery
Sharp Sense: Level to Mastery
Revealing Eye: Level to Mastery for them pesky foxes.

Last edited by scraywarrior; 05-15-2010 at 02:35 PM.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
06-23-2008   #2 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Lurker

8. Levelling Guide

Note: It appears some parts of my current guide are out of date. Ntreev seems to have changed the game into forcing people to do the Key Quests so alternative places to train (excluding Phantom School) don't work anymore. They will be coloured red for you to avoid (because taking them out requires rewriting and I don't want to).

Levels 1-15:

Okay, so you’re on a boat. A boat that’s OBVIOUSLY NOT MOVING. So, as you are certainly not seasick, head to the bottom part of the map, up the stairs and to the talking monkey thing called Monkey_T. Finish the dialogue and you should get a Bad Check from him.

So, you have a check. Now, head back to the top of the map and talk to the Captain. He’ll ask if you want to go do the “event” for EXCLUSIVE PRIZES. Say you’ll participate in the event. Because if you don’t, you’ll be running around in no equips until level 5.

After the event, you should land in Blooming Cora. Talk to Guild Clerk Esther and she will send you on a mission to REGISTER FOR THE GAME. She’s extremely demanding, I’m telling you now. Also, check your card inventory. There should be a skill card called Stone Shower and you can learn it for no TM points. It helps in the early levels before you get a gun.

Anyways, after every quest, you should get a Wing of Return. Head to the store and sell them. They’re heavy, they’re useless since the maps are so small that walking is fast, and they’re worth 1,500g in the shop.

When you’re finished the quests, you should be around level 11-12. Talk to Esther again to get your prizes and finish Chapter 1. Then head to Coral Field 4 and do Hunter Yuri’s quests until level 15 where you will get a leaf for a hat. I liked that leaf. It was a nice leaf. Keep it if you want, but your duckquips will serve you better.

*Note: There’s a quiz that allows you to grab 5 free Bronze Gemstones which you need for a quest in the future. You should talk to Blacksmith Marx for more info.*

Levels 15-35:

And here come more story quests for you to do.

First, you might want to do Driller Marky's quest of digging up two Tanning Oils in Beach Field 7 - Delta Island. If you have enough patience to do so, you'll get a cuddly little Penguin named Pengy for your efforts. He's also worth 50 Galders so it's rather pointless to sell him. But isn't he adorable!?

Don Giuvanni is awaiting your arrival at the Gate of Desert Beach where he will make you do errands for him and dig up sand-covered Oasis Water and an Empty Potion Bottle in Beach Field 5 - Sand Palace for Episode 0: Chapter 2.

Anyways, do what he says, make your way to Desert Beach and do the series of quests Monsieur Bodyguard asks you to do. He'll give you a hologram port that teleports you to a hologram of Don Cavalier who explains the reason why you’re on the island. Kind of.

By the time you finish the Chapter 2 story quests, you should be around level 18-19 and ready to move on to the next part of the Revo quests. Here, you could pick between two different options:
  • You could do Hunter Yuri's quests in the Monster Guild again and kill Golden Moles.

OR
  • You could dig for quest items for the Key Quest if you wish to do it.

*Note: If you choose the latter, you should be around level 27-28 after the Chapter 3 Revo Quests. The former leaves you at level 25.*

If you found a Strong Wooden Helmet while drilling or bought an Ult. Wooden Helmet, equip it. It’s a good hat and the defence is definitely needed. So, now you should be carrying a Sleek Gun and wearing either a leaf, wooden helmet, or a decapitated duck for a hat. Good for you.

Then, at level 20, Episode 0: Chapter 3 story quests are available to you. Andrew, in Paradise, wants you to create a “network” of people and so he sends you off to collect eight Welcome Seals from various NPCs. Each of those NPCs want you to collect something for them as well. I compiled a list for you:
  • Steve Ryu: 5 Bouquets from Hula Octopus
  • Don Giuvanni: 1 Jenny’s Picture B from drilling in Beach Field 4 - Parasol River
  • Clever Owl: 10 Duck Mole’s Feathers from Golden Moles
  • Kristopher J: 5 Salts from drilling in Beach Field 7 - Delta Island
  • Dorothy: Since we’re Lions, she asks for 6 Noctilucent Stars from Fanta Slimes
  • Officer Tera: 3 Illegal CDs from Grumpy Octopus
  • Old Artist: 1 Paper from the shop or drilling and 1 Colouring Set from Fanta Fish
  • Rosemary: 2 Swimsuits from drilling in Beach Field 4 - Parasol River

At the end, talk to Andrew again and he’ll give you a Health Seal and you’ll be left on your own again. It’s preferable that you do the Key Quest but you could also just move to Southeast Forest and kill Pochis (level 35) or Green Chipmunks (level 39).

But for you unfunded people that want a decent weapon, here’s another item list for you:
  • Homeless Ian: 15 Flower Necklaces from Hula Octopus
  • Bunny Maid: 15 Octopus Legs and the 5 Empty Buckets you got from Homeless Ian
  • Al-Hauri: The 5 Fully Filled Buckets you got from Bunny Maid.
  • Miranda Watty: 15 Pine Bong Masks from Pineapples
  • Vagabond Eloy: 15 Sun Creams from drilling in Beach Field 5 - Sand Palace

Sandman (Key Quest):
  • 5 Desert Stickers from the previous quests
  • 5 Sand Grains, 1 Sandglass, and 1 Legendary Recipe from Sand Demons
  • 2 Limestones, 1 Oasis Water, and 1 Garden Trowel from drilling in Beach Field 6 - Statue of Anubis
  • 1 Glyph Cornerstone from drilling in Pyramid Dungeon

When that’s all over, you get a Weapon Ticket A that you can exchange for a Precise Wood Gun which is a rather decent weapon for unfunded players. Refine it if you can/want and comp it with AC, since it's the best gun you'll have for a while. Now, go kill Pochis and Green Chipmunks until level 35. Bleh, that was long.

*Note: In Southwest Forest, Love Hunter Robin has a TM quest. Do it all five times and then collect 25 Multi-vitamins for Vagabond Eloy in Southeast Forest.*

Levels 35-50:

The Card Girl besides the portal to Poppuri Dungeon has a Card Quest for you. Card Quests are quests that require you to get a card that matches the riddle. For example, the riddle “It looks like a snowball, but attacks like a flurry!” requires you to get a Sppo card in Poppuri Dungeon. Finish the quest and then head back into Megalopolis.

In Megalopolis, there’s a girl who teleports you to Gate of Oops Wharf that you have to pass through to get to Phantom School where ANOTHER quest awaits you. Unfortunately, you might not have Gate of Oops Wharf registered just yet so run through Southwest Forest and Path to Oops Wharf to get there. Register at Kochi and pay 1,500g to get to the town. Once there, run to the top of the map and into the portal to Path to Phantom School. Run through and you should be at your destination, Phantom School.

Love Hunter Robin, right outside the school, has a quest for you to kill 20 Ghost Books (level 51) in 20 minutes. Do the quest 5 times.

When it’s done, head back to Megalopolis and do the Forest Wasp TM quests from the Love Hunter Robin in Southwest Forest. Then, if you want, head back to Phantom School because there are three quests that you could do that reward you very handsomely:
  • Shaman Jia - Trying to Save Phantom School: 9 Dead Tree Pens and 9 Dead Tree Quill Pens.
  • Runner-Up Elliot - Searching for Genealogy: 25 Study Notes
  • Toilette Mara - Searching for Tissues: 20 Red Tissues and 5 Blue Books

After that, just train on insects at Southwest Forest or Leaf Birds and Mandragoras at Path to Caballa Relics until level 50, preferably the latter as Wise Hen has a quest that lets you level up once or twice for only the low, low price of 25 Hulled Millets from Leaf Birds. But if you're tired of grinding, you can start Episode 1: Chapter 1 at level 45.

IMPORTANT! PLEASE READ! At level 40, you get a gift box in the MyShop tab. In it is a Stallion Sprint which makes you run faster for a while. So, should you open it or sell it? The reason I’m asking this is that these boxes sell for around 1.5m – 3m EACH. And you need to buy 3 cheques of 100k from Andrew for Job Change. It’s your choice. There are also other ways to get 300k namely selling Clione Cards and Books of the Dead. Otherwise known as effort. Which sucks.

Level 50 (Job change!):

Long, long ago, before the Revolution Patch, level 50 Tricksters had to drill for items that the NPCs wanted for job change. Now, you have to kill a level 60 boss (Kaboom) for a badge and pay 300k for 3 cheques. So, collect the money, beat the boss, get your Clever Lion Badge, and job change at either Azteca or Megalopolis.

Level 50-70:

Hurray! Finally, you’re an Inventor and now it’s time to reach Cyber Hunter or Scientist. I’d probably say just do most quests in Azteca and Oops Wharf including Episode 1 which will take you straight to level 70. *Note: If you do 1 Hunter Yuri’s Monster quest and 1 Assistant Hunter’s Monster quest, you can do 5 Hunter Master’s quests for 5 Hat Ticket Bs. Those 5 tickets can be exchanged at Mint for either a Focus Steel Helmet or a Wise Wood Gear.*

On the other hand, you could kill Sea Tigers and Ironclad Turtles at Path to Oops Wharf until level 60 and then go to Black Swamp to do all 25 Electric Snail quests.

As per usual, a list of items for you quest people to collect:
  • Guide Sabrina – Contributing to the Fund: 5 Golden Eggs from drilling on Caballa Relics maps and 25 Gold from Mimics
  • Guide Sabrina – Catch that Thief: 1 Yellow Monkey Fur from Fairy Feria – False Charge
  • Fairy Feria – False Charge: 25 Patterned Pottery and 25 Plain Pottery from drilling in Caballa Relics maps
  • Officer Tera – Aposis Data Collection: 10 Aposis Sticks from Aposis and 10 Aposis Statues from drilling in Caballa Relics maps
  • Genius Cochma – Launch! Caballa V! : 1 Steel Punch, 1 Steel Body, 1 Steel Heart and 1 Laser Eyes from the 4 Dr. Cats’ quests.
  • Dr. Cat – Caballa V-Steel Punch: 25 Flying Weights from Lima and 10 Lapis Penna from drilling Relics Dungeon.
  • Dr. Cat – Caballa V-Steel Heart: 25 Ancient Dice from Naranjo and 10 Tortoise Shells from drilling in Relics Dungeon.
  • Dr. Cat – Caballa V-Steel Body: 25 Ancient Jars from Chibcha and 10 Malachite from drilling in Relics Dungeon.
  • Dr. Cat – Caballa V-Laser Eyes: 25 Eyes of the Sun from Lima and 10 Selinolite from drilling in Relics Dungeon.

Fortune Teller – Caballa Stickers:
  • 10 Caballa Stickers from the Azteca quests.

Fortune Teller – Borrow Gold Silk Pouch:
  • 1 Gold Silk Pouch from Keeper Julio on Relics Field 1 and your Adventurer’s Book.

Keeper Julio – Recover Julio’s Key:
  • 1 Julio’s Key from Lima. *Note: Finish Borrow Gold Silk Pouch before giving the Gold Silk Pouch back to Julio.*

Keeper Julio – Return Gold Silk Pouch:
  • 1 Gold Silk Pouch and your Adventurer’s Book.

Those are just the Azteca quests. Finish up, exchange the ticket for a Precise Antique Gun, and head to Gate to Oops Wharf for more happyhappy questing fun. /sarcasm

And the list, as usual:
  • Rosemary – Make a Luxury Coat: 25 Tiger Blankets from Sea Tigers
  • Sophia – Let’s be Healthy! : 10 Turtle Shells and 10 Ironclad Turtle’s Eggs from Ironclad Turtles.
  • Grandpa Tango – Destination: Sea Palace! : 5 Sea Palace Tickets from Ironclad Turtles
  • Fortune Teller – Fend Off Ghosts! 1: 50 Blue Soul Bottles from Requi.
  • Fortune Teller – Fend Off Ghosts! 2: 50 Red Soul Bottles from Quiem.
  • Fortune Teller – Fend Off Ghosts! 3: 25 Crow’s Claws from Crow.
  • Officer Tera – Fend Off Pirates! 1: 50 Pirate Hoods from Black Foe.
  • Officer Tera – Fend Off Pirates! 2: 50 Pirate Eye Patches from Master Foe.

Mighty Captain Stan – Looking for an Apprentice:
  • Just talk to him. The quest ends after that.

Skipper Min – Min’s Favour:
  • 7 Oops Wharf Stickers from the previous Oops Wharf quests.

Mighty Captain Stan – Lost Logs:
  • 1 Voyage Log pg. 9 from Master Foe, 1 Voyage Log pg. 25 from Quiem, and 1 Voyage Log pg. 31 from Requi.

Skipper Min – Min’s Weakness:
  • 5 Nausea Drinks and 5 Nausea Patches from drilling in Wharf Field maps as well as your Adventurer’s Book.

We’re still not finished with the quests. Exchange the Weapon Ticket C for a Precise Metal Gun. And now you're level 70. PARTY HARD, LIONBOY, PARTY HARD! -dances-

Now that you're level 70, you can start farming Tut in Pyramid Dungeon for his almost-but-not-quite unique set. Gun weak, he is! YAAAAY!

After you get your new helmet or hat or whatever, go back to Azteca and talk to Monkey_T to start Episode 1: Chapter 1 if you didn't start it at level 45. The guide for the Episode quests is in the wiki: Current Trickster Wiki

When you finish the Episode 1 quests, you should be around level 70 to 75. Finish any Card Quests you still have and head to Phantom School for another TM quest for Tritches. Ignore the fact that Tritches are Gun Resistant. Power Shot mows right through.

After that, you're pretty much free from the onslaught of quests for about five seconds. Then it's time to head to Mermaid Palace, home of the creepy Mermaid Babes. Yippee.

BREAK TIME!
Well, I doubt you'd want to spend the next five hours of your life mumbling under your breath in a possessive fashion while watching "Item not found!" pop up, cheerfully, on your screen. Or spend it cursing the creepy Mermaid Babes as you pound them in the face with your gun. So, here's a break time.

Stock up on large amounts of MP and HP pots, bullets, and effort at Gate to Oops Wharf because we're going after a huge chunk of TM exp, pretty much vomited on you by a leery Monkey_T.

From Gate to Oops Wharf, head out to the next map, Wharf Field 1 - Haunted Town. You've been here before and, as you know, it's swarming by almost cute and Gun Weak Requis and Quiems. We're going after Quiems and stealing their Eternal Life Grass.

Now, that evil demon monkey asks for 10 of these suckers 25 times, leading to a painfully grand total of 250 Eternal Life Grass..es? Grassii? Just grass? I have no idea.

Anyways, do as many as you want and head out to your (postponed) Mermaid Palace.

TO BE CONTINUED...

9. Combat Tactics

1. Hit and RUNRUNRUNOMGRUNFASTER!
You hit and you run far, far away until you can reload again. Then you run up to it again and shoot again. Then you run away again. Rinse and repeat. Don’t forget to gargle. Note: This set of instructions is before you get Loading on the Move. Then you can really just hit and run. Like, shoot, run until the bar is filled, shoot. Etc. Etc. Etc.

2. Tank every hit and time your shots.
I used this without Invincible Reloading before I realized that Lions SHOULD NOT TANK. You just stand in one place and shootshootshoot while the monster beats you up. It wastes a lot of pots but it does its job.

3. Snipe.
Get the monsters stuck someplace and stay far enough away that you can just click on them and kill them that way. There seems to be a lack in places to get monsters stuck in but that’s probably because I’m too lazy to actually look for places. So, if you’re a lazy bum like me, this probably isn’t for you.

Last edited by scraywarrior; 05-21-2010 at 04:37 AM. Reason: Fixing outdated parts of this guide.

06-23-2008   #3 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Lurker

10. Equipment

Accessories:
Whee. AC and LK galore.

Level 1-20:
  • Nothing special. Equip things that add AC or LK if you can find them.

Level 20-40:
  • [Level 20/30/40:] Novice/Journeyman/Master Gold/Silver Ring

If you're lucky, you can get ones with large amounts of AC. Hunter Yuri gives the box for Novice and Journeyman at Gate of Desert Beach and the box for Master at Path to Desert Beach. Comp with AC Stone 35s, if you can.

Level 40-60
  • [Level 42:] Acceptance Trunks

Old but still useful. You get these by chance from Runner-Up Elliot in Phantom School with his quest, Searching for Study Note. Compound LK on with Four-Leaf Clovers (from drilling in Poppuri Dungeon) or LK Stone 35s.

[Level 50:] Nono Ring

Prize from Episode 1. Adds a nice chunk of AC and replaces Acceptance Trunks once you can wear your Sign of Creation. Compound with AC Stone 50s or Tree Sap from Tritches.

[Level 60:] Sign of Creation

Your job change ring. Compound with AC Stone 50s or Tree Sap from Tritches.

Level 60-275
  • [Level 70:] Rhythm Earrings

Just as old as the Acceptance Trunks, just as good. If you can comp them with more AC than your Sign of Creation, pop it on. Get this from Rhythm-Deaf Chris and his quest for 15 Metronomes. Compound with Colored Paper (Chameleon Frogs if you have another character to kill them for you) or AC Stone 65s.
  • [Level 130] Your Guardian from 3rd Job Change: Agate or Topaz.

Nice-ish. They add decent amounts of AC. Compound with AC Stone 125s.

• Nothing all too great for a long time (excluding boss rares).

• [Level 275:] Trickster Ring

This sucker is way late game. You get it from finishing Techichi's Key Quest. Compound with AC Stone 275s or MyShop AC Magic Stones 275.

*BONUS!*
  • Boss Rares!

They all add rather incredible amounts of AC, even if they are for sword wielding people. In fact, aim high and shoot for the Pirate Set from Pirate Karan, the only boss set for Gunners. Equip the other boss set accessories as replacements.

Hats:
Your chunk of defense. Stylish and, sometimes, a little weird.
  • [Level 20-35] No real fancy ones. Equip anything.

• [Level 35] Pharaoh's Hat

Only if you can get it early. Comp with AC Stone 35s.

• [Level 50] Focus Steel Helmet

Lasts a while. All the way until level 70, when you can farm for your Pharaoh's Hat. Compound with AC Stone 50s or Tree Saps from Tritches.

• [Level 70] Pharaoh's Hat

Now it's possible for you to get it yourself and not buy or mooch it off a higher level character. Comp with AC Stone 35s.

• [Level 110] Focus Buckler Cap

Technically adds the same stats as your Pharaoh's Hat but you can compound more AC on it, due to the higher level stones. Compound with AC Stone 110s or Milk Vetch Seeds from drilling in Swamp Dungeon.

After this, the assumption is that you don't bother to boss hunt and just get your hats from quests.

• [Level 125] Focus Nasal Helm

Replacement for your Focus Buckler Cap. Compound with AC Stone 125s or Milk Vetch Seeds.

• [Level 140] Focus Headpiece

Replacement for your Focus Nasal Helm. Compound with AC Stone 140s.

• [Level 170] Focus Diadem

Replacement for your Focus Headpiece. Compound with AC Stone 170s or Neurotoxins from Aabons.

• [Level 185] Focus Head Bucket

Replacement for your Focus Diadem. Compound with AC Stone 185s.

• [Level 215] Focus Mithril Helm

Replacement for your Focus Head Bucket. Compound with AC Stone 215s.

• [Level 275] Focus Helm of Honor

Replacement for your Focus Mithril Helm. Compound with AC Stone 275s.

Guns:
  • I'm out of picture space. So...all the Precise guns you get from Key Quests and the gun from the Pirate Set. That's it.

Pets:
  • Young Egg
  • Peng
  • Baby Lion
  • Megalo UFO (mildly depressing but this is your end game pet unless you get an event pet.)
  • Event Pets

Last edited by scraywarrior; 05-15-2010 at 04:06 PM.

06-23-2008   #4 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

j0eL is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to j0eL

Quote:
Originally Posted by scraywarrior
Pure Luck (LK): Pure Luck lions can crit more and miss less than a Pure Accuracy Lion but attack normally with less damage. So, your damage becomes extremely unstable. But you become an awesome Mature Compounder.
You don't become an awesome Mature Compounder. It's randomly generated compounds basicly. If it's based on LK it's capped at a very very very low amount. (200-) which you can easily obtain on a pure AC lion.

06-23-2008   #5 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Lurker

'Kay, I'll change it.

06-23-2008   #6 (permalink)
twerk
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games
Trickster OnlineLeague of LegendsMapleStoryWonderKing Online
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorWandering EyeFacebook FanPervert Award

james has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond repute

Good guide. I hope to see it completely revo'd. Which is good.
:d:d

06-23-2008   #7 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Lurker

It'll be completely revo'd. I made a brand new Lion just for that.

06-23-2008   #8 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Stalker

Vulturas is on a distinguished road

Quote:
[*]Shaman Jia - Trying to Save Phantom School: 15 Dead Tree Pens and 15 Dead Tree Quill Pens.
[
sorry to break your happyness but you can do that quest 3 times?>.> I done it a while ago

06-23-2008   #9 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Lurker

Oh shoot, you're right. Edit, edit~

Last edited by scraywarrior; 06-25-2008 at 05:10 AM.

06-25-2008   #10 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Lurker

Update: Now up to level 70.

06-25-2008   #11 (permalink)
ggFTW Moogler
Games
Trickster OnlineLa TaleTransformice!

ChronoNemesis is a splendid one to beholdChronoNemesis is a splendid one to beholdChronoNemesis is a splendid one to beholdChronoNemesis is a splendid one to beholdChronoNemesis is a splendid one to beholdChronoNemesis is a splendid one to beholdChronoNemesis is a splendid one to behold
IGN: Vexacus/ChronoDragonX
Class: Warrior./Dragon<3 lt_blader
Level: 3x/200.
Guild: Ascendants.<3 (Forever!<3)

I have NO reason to read this guide but it really entertained me.
Epic guide of the year right here.

But what about Landmine as a skill for cyber hunter?
I even see some using it for training droping a mine once in a while as they run of to shoot other monsters the mine hits another and Boom ded monster.

For rest I really liked your guide, pretty detailed.
Keep up the good work!

06-25-2008   #12 (permalink)
retired

wacky has a spectacular aura aboutwacky has a spectacular aura aboutwacky has a spectacular aura about
Class: Gladiator, Scientist, Dark Lord, Thief Master to_buffalo
Level: retired
Guild: retired

Quote:
1. So, What’s a Lion then?

The lion (Panthera leo) is an animal that lives in most of Africa and some parts of eastern Asia and they KILL things with their teeth. Their big, sharp, pointy and smelly teeth. Usually covered in gooey saliva. Which is digestive fluids and stinks really badly because they eat raw things. So their breath smells like rotting raw dead things. THIS IS A LION:

Jesus Christ, it’s a lion! Get in the car!
i loled at this...

regards,
wacky

06-25-2008   #13 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Lurker

Quote:
But what about Landmine as a skill for cyber hunter?
I even see some using it for training droping a mine once in a while as they run of to shoot other monsters the mine hits another and Boom ded monster.
I'll put it in as optional.

06-25-2008   #14 (permalink)
The Truth Is, I Love You ♥
Special
Games
Trickster OnlineLa TaleRagnarok OnlineLegend of Edda
Awards Retired Division HeadEvent WinnerSotW BeginnerLucky StreakTreasure HunterFacebook FanTwitter Fan

Esper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Trickery
Class: Sorcerer
Guild: FrenchBread

Quote:
7. Skills

Engineer:
Gun Carrier: Acquired.
Stone Strike: Level 5
Invincible Reload: Acquired.
Gun Booster: Level to Mastery
Loading on the Move: Acquired.
Stone Strike: Level to 10.

Inventor:
Power Shot: Level to Mastery
Shooting Spree: Level to Mastery
Armour Destructor: Level 1
Lucky Seven: Level to Mastery
Double Shot: Level to Mastery

Cyber Hunter:
Aura of Luck: Level to Mastery
Landmine: Level to Mastery (Optional. Get it if you like watching things go boom.)
Sticky Foot: Level to Mastery
Armour Destructor: Level 10
Sticky Icky: Level to Mastery

Skills:
Landmine. Please remove that optional choice. You have to see it in gvg to know the true power of it. I've seen pure AC lions throw landmine and wait until someone runs into it. It's either enough to 1hko or lower the HP enough that a DS could kill the enemy.

There are quite a few skills that you are missing that should be put after learning all those skills. For instance:
Heavy Carrier. The extra 3360 WT can prove to be useful as it lets you carry a little more bullets/pots and spending less time running back to repot.

6th Sense. Please don't bother mastering Sticky foot without this. Sticky foot's debuff is based on DA and obviously a gunner lion would never have high DA.

Lightning Rod/Gas Mask. Get it for gvg purposes.

A quick note about Sticky Foot. The 51% decrease in HV based on your DA is wrong. I've tested it with 8xx DA and it doesn't even reduce to that much HV. The good thing is that with Icky+Sticky together, it can reduce the HV enough to make your gun damage do enough. [ Just make sure you have good LK gears to make Icky reduce enough HV ]

Bump??

Home is where someone is thinking about you ▪ crafting resource guidesymphonyblog

06-26-2008   #15 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Lurker

I can see I'll be writing a novel. Okay, I'll add in those skills.

07-24-2008   #16 (permalink)
ggFTW Regular

DarkGunnerXZ can only hope to improve

good guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by xKeichi

Skills:
Landmine. Please remove that optional choice. You have to see it in gvg to know the true power of it. I've seen pure AC lions throw landmine and wait until someone runs into it. It's either enough to 1hko or lower the HP enough that a DS could kill the enemy.

There are quite a few skills that you are missing that should be put after learning all those skills. For instance:
Heavy Carrier. The extra 3360 WT can prove to be useful as it lets you carry a little more bullets/pots and spending less time running back to repot.

6th Sense. Please don't bother mastering Sticky foot without this. Sticky foot's debuff is based on DA and obviously a gunner lion would never have high DA.

Lightning Rod/Gas Mask. Get it for gvg purposes.

A quick note about Sticky Foot. The 51% decrease in HV based on your DA is wrong. I've tested it with 8xx DA and it doesn't even reduce to that much HV. The good thing is that with Icky+Sticky together, it can reduce the HV enough to make your gun damage do enough. [ Just make sure you have good LK gears to make Icky reduce enough HV ]

Bump??

..... y heavy carrier... we have good weight and save TM points for other skills... Heavy carrier and lighting rod? O-O Gas mask, 6th sense is good when u have the skill points for it XD

DoNt HaTe, ApReCiAtE
49 AC cape: Nyxx Cape 150, Tempered!!!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by Chesters; 08-01-2008 at 08:03 PM. Reason: Please do not double post. Use the EDIT button!

08-02-2008   #17 (permalink)
MMOG Lurker

FuNnYbOy456 is on a distinguished road
IGN: funnyboy456
Class: LiOn-CyBeR HuNtEr
Level: 158
Guild: MaSs ChAoS

soo really ....is it worth it to learn landmine ..cuz so far im not rrlly seeing the kiks out of becoming a cyber hunter....lucky aura gives a bit of percent ..which i really didnt noe but now i do and it juss feels like a waste .....ive seen that ap power up move for scientist ..maybe scientist is better , no?? but still somone tell me if learning landmine is worth it

funnyboy456 <MaSs ChAoS> FiNaL^ShOt <> GuIlD MaStER
Lv. 150 {CyBeR HuNtEr}
J. RuBy IlSaNd

08-06-2008   #18 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Moogler

Lemoninity is on a distinguished road
IGN: iS2kev
Class: Lion
Level: Vend Mode
Guild: The Best One

i liked it. it made me laugh. dont change anything. unless you want to change a part to make it funnier. then thats ok.

cheers

Ty Web Rider (weissritter) for providing a copy of the Chibi Clan Sig.
What a Cool~+_+ Pot Shop
This is a secret message. If you are reading this, PM me to claim your prize.

08-30-2008   #19 (permalink)
ggFTW Regular

Dragonflie will become famous soon enough
IGN: Ealia

Ahah, hilarious guide, too bad it's directed to Cyber hunter :P *ish going to be Pure*

09-07-2008   #20 (permalink)
killing threda since 2007

badna0 is a glorious beacon of lightbadna0 is a glorious beacon of lightbadna0 is a glorious beacon of lightbadna0 is a glorious beacon of lightbadna0 is a glorious beacon of lightbadna0 is a glorious beacon of light
IGN: fLick3r/MrsT/Cod
Class: Bow/Saw/Cannon to_archaeologist
Level: 111/58/58
Guild: Moogles

Great guide! I like your sense of humor.
Just a few comments:
Quote:
Pure Luck (LK): Pure Luck lions can crit more and miss less than a Pure Accuracy Lion but attack normally with less damage. So, your damage becomes extremely unstable.
Since LK affects gun accuracy, your damage will become more stable with more LK, as you will miss less. LK is also a very important stat for GvG/PvP as lots of lk makes Magic types miss a lot and makes you hit more often.

Quote:
HOLY MOTHER OF GOLDEN JALAPENO FRENCH COWS! Your damage is godly but your defence will fail (It already does. You have no shield), your HP will fail (Still failing), and your HV will fail (You’re not a Raccoon. It doesn’t even matter anymore). But you can hurt things. And hurt them four times more than a 1144 Lion. IT’S EXTREME LIKE DINOSAURS EXPLODING! Recommended if you’re insane or have a lot of patience. Or both. But what insane person is also patient?
lol @ the stuff in caps, but although your base AC growth is 4x more than a 1144 lion, if both types go pure AC, then your actual AC growth is only 8/5, or 1.6x the 1144 lion. Not to mention, equip AC overshadows base AC in later levels...