ggFTW

MMORPG Gamer Community


Go Back   ggFTW Forum > MMO Games > Trickster Online > Trickster Online Guides > Sense Type Guides

Vindictus
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Vindictus

Rating:  

8.2

 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
01-08-2013   #1 (permalink)
ggFTW Moogler
DELiTO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 166
iTrader: (2)
DELiTO is on a distinguished road
IGN: DELiTO
Class: Hunter Lord to_thiefmaster
Level: 297
Guild: Guardians
Post DELi's Gunner Fox Guide.

Introduction

Although the Hunter Lord has the worst attack (generally) and the worst defense of all the other classes, it's far away from being the worst character to play with. The fast paced gameplay style with guns will never get boring.

If you are NOT looking for the best Boss hunter/Quest hunter/Driller character stop reading this guide right now.


Pros & Cons

Pros:
  • No cooldown ranged attacks will make you the best quest item hunter of the game. (The gun skills needed for stronger monsters also have a VERY short cooldown time )
  • 99% of the monsters can't block/dodge a gun shot.
  • All LK auras will (most likely) get you better compound results and help you dodging most of the attacks.
  • All the item detection skills will make you the best driller character.
  • You will not fight for longer than 20 seconds against a single monster after you get the Shield Breaker skill.

Cons:
  • No Gun skills until 3rd job.
  • Gunners are not meant to PvP.
  • Gunners don't use shields. That will make survivability more difficult.
  • Unlike the other classes, gunners can't count on elemental damage.
  • Hunter Lords don't have a damage buff skill. (Gun Booster only adds 20 AC, which is useless. They probably meant 20% AC, most likely to be a forgotten typo)
  • Gunners were granted with only one, and not a very good one, area of effect skill.
  • Low damage.


Builds

*ALL BONUS POINTS ON AC*
If people tell you pure LK is a possibility. It is NOT, don't believe them.

4 Charm
This build is meant to boost your survivability. Your HP, HV and DP will help you to get out alive of monster's ambushes in exchange of sacrificing your damage. (Most of gunners use this one)
2 Power 3 Charm
A balanced build. High survivability, low damage. You should be fine with this one.
3 Power 2 Charm
Also balanced with less survivability and more damage. Still okay to play with.

Those 3 are the most used builds. You can compensate the lack of AC with your gear. The following build is the most complicated build to play with.


4 Power
The glass cannon, High damage, close to 0 survivability. You will need HP gear. You will struggle to stay alive unless you know what you are doing. Only go for this one if you are nuts, like me...

Skills

-Save as much TM points as you can for the 3rd job skills.-

1st job

High priority:
  • Invincible drill. (Passive)
  • Gun Carrier. (Passive)
  • Quick Reload. (Passive)
  • Invincible reload. (Passive)
  • Armor Destructor. (Level 1)
  • Lucky Seven. (Master)
  • Basic Detection. (Master)

Medium priority:
  • Gun Booster. (Master)
  • Heavy Carrier. (Master)
  • Anger Management. (Master)
  • Compound Mastery. (Master) -I strongly believe this skill is broken-

2nd job

-High priority:
  • Aura of Luck. (Master)
  • Item Detector. (Master)

-Medium priority:
  • Armor Destructor. (Level 10)
  • Sticky Foot. (Level 10)
  • Sticky Icky. (Master)
  • Mega Crazy Drilling. (Master)

3rd job

-High priority:
  • Power Shot. (Master)
  • Shooting Spree. (Master)
  • Double Shot. (Master)
  • Shield Breaker. (Master)
  • Speedloader. (Master)

-Medium priority:
  • Keen Sense. (Master) -The only skill in this game you have to be PRO in order to use it properly.-

Other skills: Only get these ones after you are done with the ones listed above.

Low priority:
  • Sixth Sense. (Master)
  • Lucky Fist. (Master)
  • Lock on. (Master)
  • Landmine. (Master)
  • Gas mask. (Master)
  • Butt plate. (Master)

Gear
  1. Now, this is what makes our life difficult. Without any gun skills before 3rd job we are gonna struggle to kill monsters.
  2. Try to get as many AC as you can on your equips, aim for high Gun AP weapons.
  3. Always compound AC to your hat and gun.
  4. Only 2-3 pieces of gear should be comped with HP(In my case: Innerwear, cape, MyShop Mask).
  5. If you have money, get a Golden Mole Vest, AP accessories, AP hat, a GOLDEN SET and melee your way to the 3rd job.
  6. At level 110, the first decent gun sets will show up. You will experience for the first time how playing a Hunter Lord feels like.
  7. At level 200, don't buy the altiverse flash bat gun. Look for a highly refined Powerful Stinger Gun with potential over 80%, base Gun AP over 1300. This is one of the few guns that can beat an altiverse.
  8. Altiverses can easily outdamage boss sets like Pirate's set. So save your galders.

Altiverse sets ->

Spiritual -> Altiverse Spiritual Gun - ggFTW Trickster Wiki
Twist -> Altiverse Twist Crossbow - ggFTW Trickster Wiki
Flash Bat -> Altiverse Flash Bat Gun - ggFTW Trickster Wiki
Thorny Rose -> Altiverse Thorny Rose Gun - ggFTW Trickster Wiki
Maiden Queen -> Altiverse Maiden Queen Shotgun - ggFTW Trickster Wiki
Crimson -> Altiverse Crimson Gun - ggFTW Trickster Wiki
 
Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
01-08-2013   #2 (permalink)
twerk
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games
Trickster OnlineLeague of LegendsMapleStoryWonderKing Online
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorWandering EyeFacebook FanPervert Award
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Alexandria
Posts: 7,517
Blog Entries: 54
iTrader: (2)
james has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond repute
Default

-Speedloader should be at no priority -- it only applies to normal shots.
-Gun Booster increases damage directly and should be at high priorty. No it's not a typo, it has always been 20 AC. If you read the skill, it increases Gun AP by 400, which when translated to AC is 20 AC.
-Compound Mastery should be no priority. According to numerous tests, it doesn't visibly work.
-Shooting Spree is probably one of the better (I personally think it's top 5 at the least) AoE's in the game. Don't you dare disgrace it.
-99% is an incorrect statistic. Once you get to bossing or just higher leveled monsters in general, you actually need LK. I think the second-to-last (the Eye) CT boss needs some 300 LK. Which, if you're unfunded, makes for an interesting challenge.
__________________
smorgasboreds
 
01-08-2013   #3 (permalink)
ggFTW Moogler
DELiTO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 166
iTrader: (2)
DELiTO is on a distinguished road
IGN: DELiTO
Class: Hunter Lord to_thiefmaster
Level: 297
Guild: Guardians
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jare
-Speedloader should be at no priority -- it only applies to normal shots.
-Gun Booster increases damage directly and should be at high priorty. No it's not a typo, it has always been 20 AC. If you read the skill, it increases Gun AP by 400, which when translated to AC is 20 AC.
-Compound Mastery should be no priority. According to numerous tests, it doesn't visibly work.
-Shooting Spree is probably one of the better (I personally think it's top 5 at the least) AoE's in the game. Don't you dare disgrace it.
-99% is an incorrect statistic. Once you get to bossing or just higher leveled monsters in general, you actually need LK. I think the second-to-last (the Eye) CT boss needs some 300 LK. Which, if you're unfunded, makes for an interesting challenge.
Speedloader IS a top priority. A hunter lord is meant to hunt hence the name. If anything speeds up the hunting, it should be at top priority.

Gun booster bonus is almost useless in higher levels.. Logically it should work like its cousins, Mist of mana(45% MA bonus), Pumping Heart (16% AP bonus).

Alright, shooting spree. Unlike the others AoE you can't point and click shooting spree. You are a gunner, you don't have a good defense or hp and in order to hit the monsters you have to be right in the middle of a gang who's gonna beat the SH** out you if you don't one hit them. Cooldown is 5 seconds, quite a long waiting time here. Average max targets(5), average hit radius. The only good thing about this AoE is its average-high damage.

You don't have to care about the monsters blocking/dodging your hits when you have 2 LK buffs backing you up.

There is indeed something very odd about Compound Mastery but I want to believe it is "working as intended".

Last edited by DELiTO; 01-08-2013 at 05:09 PM.
 
01-08-2013   #4 (permalink)
♚ Fairytale Princess
Sakurah's Avatar
Games
Trickster OnlinePangyaRusty Hearts
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: The Void
Posts: 885
Blog Entries: 8
iTrader: (14)
Sakurah has a reputation beyond reputeSakurah has a reputation beyond reputeSakurah has a reputation beyond reputeSakurah has a reputation beyond reputeSakurah has a reputation beyond reputeSakurah has a reputation beyond reputeSakurah has a reputation beyond reputeSakurah has a reputation beyond reputeSakurah has a reputation beyond reputeSakurah has a reputation beyond reputeSakurah has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Kanani
Class: Wi/Wa Soul Master to_soulmaster
Guild: Astro Blitz
Default

First off, 'bout time someone made a gunnerfox guide. :'D

Secondly, any opinions on pure HP? Since most people get their AC from their equips, I'd just like to hear your opinions.
__________________
Saku on Tumblrlast.fm
All gifs by Rydia
"I believe in you and me"

 
01-08-2013   #5 (permalink)
ggFTW Moogler
DELiTO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 166
iTrader: (2)
DELiTO is on a distinguished road
IGN: DELiTO
Class: Hunter Lord to_thiefmaster
Level: 297
Guild: Guardians
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakurah
First off, 'bout time someone made a gunnerfox guide. :'D

Secondly, any opinions on pure HP? Since most people get their AC from their equips, I'd just like to hear your opinions.
You mean 1144 Pure HP? That's interesting. Maybe, if you have enough money to buy really HAX AC stuff then maybe it will compensate for the AC points lost on the bonus points.

Even though it seems viable I still don't think it's a good idea. Unless you are PvPing you don't need an absurd amount of HP to survive. And gunners are very weak in the arena.
 
01-08-2013   #6 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Caustic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Brazil
Posts: 690
iTrader: (20)
Caustic has much to be proud ofCaustic has much to be proud ofCaustic has much to be proud ofCaustic has much to be proud ofCaustic has much to be proud ofCaustic has much to be proud ofCaustic has much to be proud ofCaustic has much to be proud ofCaustic has much to be proud of
IGN: BigBear
Class: Raccoon now to_raccoon
Level: Fantasia:132
Default

What an amazing guide, delito. Good job!
__________________

by Rydia~

Last edited by Caustic; 01-09-2013 at 02:17 AM.
 
01-08-2013   #7 (permalink)
ggFTW Moogler
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: In front of the laptop
Posts: 106
iTrader: (0)
MrCoconut will become famous soon enoughMrCoconut will become famous soon enough
IGN: ScrappyCoco
Class: Scientist
Level: 29x
Guild: Dawn
Default

I think 1144 pure HP HL will be way off. At level 200, your base AC won't even reach 100.

But I'm not saying it's a bad idea... it's just that I don't see many lions/HL that has ALOT of HP to begin with. Highest I've seen so far is around 20-25k HP.

Nice guide, BTW.
 
01-09-2013   #8 (permalink)
ggFTW Moogler
DELiTO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 166
iTrader: (2)
DELiTO is on a distinguished road
IGN: DELiTO
Class: Hunter Lord to_thiefmaster
Level: 297
Guild: Guardians
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrCoconut
I think 1144 pure HP HL will be way off. At level 200, your base AC won't even reach 100.

But I'm not saying it's a bad idea... it's just that I don't see many lions/HL that has ALOT of HP to begin with. Highest I've seen so far is around 20-25k HP.

Nice guide, BTW.
Let's take my fox for example. If I was 1144 pure HP. I would need 1-2 HP pieces of gear. I am wearing 3 HP pieces of gear at the moment with around 1000 total AC.

Without my AC bonuses I would have 800-850 AC and that is still viable. The thing is, you are sacrificing too many AC, it's just not worth it in most of the cases.. After a certain point, 20-30k HP you are most likely to never die, so after that, let's focus on your damage.

However, Soki has a glitch and sometimes he attacks twice at once for 40k+ damage. Spicy dragon ignore your LK and will land every single hit for 20k+. In most of the cases(without a guardian), that's game for us. I would like to know if there is someone with the hardcore HP build that has been through it.
 
01-09-2013   #9 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
InfernalGuy's Avatar
Games
Trickster OnlineLeague of Legends
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 1,692
Blog Entries: 1
iTrader: (22)
InfernalGuy has a reputation beyond reputeInfernalGuy has a reputation beyond reputeInfernalGuy has a reputation beyond reputeInfernalGuy has a reputation beyond reputeInfernalGuy has a reputation beyond reputeInfernalGuy has a reputation beyond reputeInfernalGuy has a reputation beyond reputeInfernalGuy has a reputation beyond reputeInfernalGuy has a reputation beyond reputeInfernalGuy has a reputation beyond reputeInfernalGuy has a reputation beyond repute
Default

^ might try that one day, but no promises. It sounds rather fun
__________________
The greatest XXIst century scammer!
 
01-09-2013   #10 (permalink)
Mis
ggFTW Fan
Mis's Avatar
Games
Trickster Online
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 115
iTrader: (0)
Mis has a spectacular aura aboutMis has a spectacular aura about
IGN: Misbaby
Class: Duelist to_schoolgirl
Level: 2xx
Guild: K.O.P/Guardians/=^.^=
Default

very nice guide, ummmm i have a noob gunner fox, and i think its 2143 or 3142, and what i do is add all bonus points to HP and comped all my gear with AC except shield (innerwear is lv 70 MS, ummmm 25AC i guess its fine? haha and there's no shield for gunner, but the blue dress is smexy~), when i compare it with approx same level lion(not very pro ones), there's not that much difference, the only problem is that i have only 5K-6K HP. I added some LK and DA points at beginning of leveling this charactor(coz i dont really know about gunners at beginning). But actually shooting spree is quite good, and even gun skills are fast i still need to stand and start the skill and then run away, maybe im not that good at using gunner, but sometimes i choose shooting spree rather than power shoting and others to attack even it's an AOE. oh and im only about lv 150
__________________





 
01-13-2013   #11 (permalink)
twerk
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games
Trickster OnlineLeague of LegendsMapleStoryWonderKing Online
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorWandering EyeFacebook FanPervert Award
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Alexandria
Posts: 7,517
Blog Entries: 54
iTrader: (2)
james has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond repute
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DELiTO
Speedloader IS a top priority. A hunter lord is meant to hunt hence the name. If anything speeds up the hunting, it should be at top priority.

Gun booster bonus is almost useless in higher levels.. Logically it should work like its cousins, Mist of mana(45% MA bonus), Pumping Heart (16% AP bonus).

Alright, shooting spree. Unlike the others AoE you can't point and click shooting spree. You are a gunner, you don't have a good defense or hp and in order to hit the monsters you have to be right in the middle of a gang who's gonna beat the SH** out you if you don't one hit them. Cooldown is 5 seconds, quite a long waiting time here. Average max targets(5), average hit radius. The only good thing about this AoE is its average-high damage.

You don't have to care about the monsters blocking/dodging your hits when you have 2 LK buffs backing you up.

There is indeed something very odd about Compound Mastery but I want to believe it is "working as intended".
Speedloader is not a top priority. It only affects normal shots, which unless you have Gun Overdrive and can perform timed crits reliably, are always inferior to Power Shot, Double Shot, and Shooting Spree. Mind you, Power Shot, Double Shot, and Shooting Spree all have cooldowns that play off of each other (1.5, 3, 5-- you can literally rotate them infinitely without even trying).

Gun Booster is only useless if you've cashed out to the point where that extra damage isn't worth it. Mind you, not everyone does so the free extra damage helps. Logically it shouldn't since AC plays differently than the other main stats also if you read the description, it says that it is increasing Gun AP by 400. Balance-wise it should be %AC, realistically it is flat-AC.

Above average damage, below-average cooldown (average cooldown on AoEs is ~6-7 seconds, I calculated), above-average speed, not to mention the best kind of AoE targeting system in the game (the kind where you don't have to target). I'm not sure why you imply that everyone is ultra funded in your other two points but then somewhat imply that now no one's funded when you discus Shooting Spree. With 100 HV and 130 LK on my Lion, with his ultra out-dated gear, he never had problems using Shooting Spree. Of course, I did actually know how to play my character, so that could be a major difference as well.

"Two LK buffs backing you up" is deceptive because the total LK gain between the two is 63%. In most cases you'll be fine without having to compound LK or think about LK, but there are certain bosses, which if you aren't cashed out, will be a struggle for you. (And look! You're back to assuming everyone's cashed again!)
__________________
smorgasboreds
 
01-13-2013   #12 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
InfernalGuy's Avatar
Games
Trickster OnlineLeague of Legends
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 1,692
Blog Entries: 1
iTrader: (22)
InfernalGuy has a reputation beyond reputeInfernalGuy has a reputation beyond reputeInfernalGuy has a reputation beyond reputeInfernalGuy has a reputation beyond reputeInfernalGuy has a reputation beyond reputeInfernalGuy has a reputation beyond reputeInfernalGuy has a reputation beyond reputeInfernalGuy has a reputation beyond reputeInfernalGuy has a reputation beyond reputeInfernalGuy has a reputation beyond reputeInfernalGuy has a reputation beyond repute
Default

Mastered gun booster add 1080 pure damage to mastered PS, which in lower levels might be game changing
__________________
The greatest XXIst century scammer!
 
01-13-2013   #13 (permalink)
meow
Special
Queen's Avatar
Games
Asda StoryDragon SagaEmil Chronicle OnlineLa Tale
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerWandering EyeFacebook FanPervert Award
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Massocheichei
Posts: 3,936
Blog Entries: 9
iTrader: (28)
Queen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Queen Send a message via Skype™ to Queen
IGN: Allure
Class: Holy Paladin
Level: 100
Default

The idea is that it's necessary to get Gun Booster, but when you hit later levels you drop using it because it's a wasted cast/MP


Just because it's not useful later, doesn't mean it was never useful.
__________________

Diablo III North America Glacea#1307, Crusader Main
World of Warcraft US Allure, Holy Paladin <Taurential Reign>
FFXIV Evalyn Fior, Excalibur NA
Nintendo 3DS 4511 - 0825 - 1589 // Wii U tmikucki
 
01-14-2013   #14 (permalink)
ggFTW Moogler
DELiTO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 166
iTrader: (2)
DELiTO is on a distinguished road
IGN: DELiTO
Class: Hunter Lord to_thiefmaster
Level: 297
Guild: Guardians
Default

When you get used to the gunner, this should be your best combo for bossing.

You WILL need Speedloader and Keen Sense. It will take you some time to master this combo but when you do, your damage will go insane.

1 - Normal shot.
2 - Power shot.
3 - Timed Crit normal shot.
4 - Double Shot.
5 - Timed Crit normal shot.
6 - Power Shot.
7 - Timed Crit normal shot.

And so on. If you get the first 3 steps right, you don't have to worry about the timing anymore, just keep going as fast as you can. This combo was especially designed so you have the exact amount of time to cast a power shot/double shot before your next timed critical shot.



That's why Speedloader is fundamental. The combo will not work out without it.

Last edited by DELiTO; 01-14-2013 at 11:56 PM.
 
01-17-2013   #15 (permalink)
ggFTW Moogler
DELiTO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 166
iTrader: (2)
DELiTO is on a distinguished road
IGN: DELiTO
Class: Hunter Lord to_thiefmaster
Level: 297
Guild: Guardians
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jare
Speedloader is not a top priority. It only affects normal shots, which unless you have Gun Overdrive and can perform timed crits reliably, are always inferior to Power Shot, Double Shot, and Shooting Spree. Mind you, Power Shot, Double Shot, and Shooting Spree all have cooldowns that play off of each other (1.5, 3, 5-- you can literally rotate them infinitely without even trying).

Gun Booster is only useless if you've cashed out to the point where that extra damage isn't worth it. Mind you, not everyone does so the free extra damage helps. Logically it shouldn't since AC plays differently than the other main stats also if you read the description, it says that it is increasing Gun AP by 400. Balance-wise it should be %AC, realistically it is flat-AC.

Above average damage, below-average cooldown (average cooldown on AoEs is ~6-7 seconds, I calculated), above-average speed, not to mention the best kind of AoE targeting system in the game (the kind where you don't have to target). I'm not sure why you imply that everyone is ultra funded in your other two points but then somewhat imply that now no one's funded when you discus Shooting Spree. With 100 HV and 130 LK on my Lion, with his ultra out-dated gear, he never had problems using Shooting Spree. Of course, I did actually know how to play my character, so that could be a major difference as well.

"Two LK buffs backing you up" is deceptive because the total LK gain between the two is 63%. In most cases you'll be fine without having to compound LK or think about LK, but there are certain bosses, which if you aren't cashed out, will be a struggle for you. (And look! You're back to assuming everyone's cashed again!)
Gun Booster is useful if you are running around with a Rally Towel, an ultimate blue seal gun lv 5 with 600 AP and 12 AC, Ult. Brim cap with + 18 AC, GMV, poppuri leaf cape and baby lion as pet. Not assuming everyone is cashed, but they should be, unless you think you can clear chaos tower with that gear.

"Best kind of targeting AoE system in the game" if you want to be gang-banged by the monsters around you.

Shooting spree has an above-average cooldown time, you were right about this. I checked it out too. My mistake.

Power Shot > Double Shot > Shooting Spree is indeed a good combo but not for bosses. If you want to see a full damage combo on a single target, check my post above, it will also explain why speedloader is essential, not only for bosses but for fast quest item hunting as well. If you use your combo on a boss, shooting spree will hit the summons instead of the boss itself, you will lose a lot of time and damage and you will have a hard time for the rest of your life.

A gunner isn't all about skills. You have to know how to fully play your character(including timed criticals) in order to find out which combo is more suitable to the circumstances.

Last edited by DELiTO; 01-17-2013 at 11:15 PM.
 
01-24-2013   #16 (permalink)
twerk
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games
Trickster OnlineLeague of LegendsMapleStoryWonderKing Online
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorWandering EyeFacebook FanPervert Award
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Alexandria
Posts: 7,517
Blog Entries: 54
iTrader: (2)
james has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond repute
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DELiTO
When you get used to the gunner, this should be your best combo for bossing.

You WILL need Speedloader and Keen Sense. It will take you some time to master this combo but when you do, your damage will go insane.

1 - Normal shot.
2 - Power shot.
3 - Timed Crit normal shot.
4 - Double Shot.
5 - Timed Crit normal shot.
6 - Power Shot.
7 - Timed Crit normal shot.

And so on. If you get the first 3 steps right, you don't have to worry about the timing anymore, just keep going as fast as you can. This combo was especially designed so you have the exact amount of time to cast a power shot/double shot before your next timed critical shot.

That's why Speedloader is fundamental. The combo will not work out without it.
Any high-tiered (boss, alti, ultimate, MyShop, Gacha, Powerful) gun has a reload time of ~1s. 1s is about the time that it takes for your skills to go through. I don't have Speedloader (anymore) and I was able to pull-off that exact same combo, bar the timed criticals because they're a waste without Gun Overdrive, without any difficulty at all.

Speedloader is irrelevant.


Quote:
Originally Posted by DELiTO
(1)Gun Booster is useful if you are running around with a Rally Towel, an ultimate blue seal gun lv 5 with 600 AP and 12 AC, Ult. Brim cap with + 18 AC, GMV, poppuri leaf cape and baby lion as pet. Not assuming everyone is cashed, but they should be, unless you think you can clear chaos tower with that gear.

(2)"Best kind of targeting AoE system in the game" if you want to be gang-banged by the monsters around you.

(3)Power Shot > Double Shot > Shooting Spree is indeed a good combo but not for bosses. If you want to see a full damage combo on a single target, check my post above, it will also explain why speedloader is essential, not only for bosses but for fast quest item hunting as well. If you use your combo on a boss, shooting spree will hit the summons instead of the boss itself, you will lose a lot of time and damage and you will have a hard time for the rest of your life.

(4)A gunner isn't all about skills. You have to know how to fully play your character(including timed criticals) in order to find out which combo is more suitable to the circumstances.
(1) I can (almost) clear Chaos Tower with mostly average compounded gear. Gun's a bit above-average for someone without any money, but the rest of it is just basics you can get in MyShop. I can get to the second to last boss and then from there I lack the LK to kill the boss and beyond I just don't have the patience to deal with the lag. It's not all that hard, especially given that I only have like 15k HP and 100 HV total and if you cashed out you can get plenty more than that. If you think Chaos Tower is hard, you're doing a lot of somethings wrong.

That being said, Gun Booster adds damage if you're unfunded. You're busy preaching the gospel of Speedloader when its bonuses are trivial and potentially (I'll give you some of the benefit of the doubt) increase dps by a marginal amount. Gun Booster gives damage regardless. Not to mention it's not like you have that many long buffs to cast anyways.

In the event of a "powerleveling argument": Not everyone is cashed out.

(2) Still the best AoE targeting system in the game. If I can make it by virtually anywhere with 15k HP and ~100 HV (this isn't even a defensive set-up) then any cashed out player will be just fine in PvM and PvBoss, especially if they have a Guardian.

Again I remind you that you assume people are cashed out in some instances and are not in other instances. Pick a scenario and argue for it. Don't argue that people are funded in one instance and then instantly assume they're not funded, especially in a guide. If you're cashed out, Shooting Spree is an amazing AoE and you won't have any trouble with it.

(3) If you have a Guardian (assuming you should though since you're $$$-out), that is a perfectly fine bossing rotation. Most non-Chaos Tower bosses will die quickly anyways as well.

(4) You should probably work on that because it's clear you're confused. Sorry that you wasted your time with this sub-par guide though. Glad that you don't have to misdirect many a generations of Lions though.
__________________
smorgasboreds
 

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Urban Rivals
Need a new browser game?

Try 

Urban Rivals

Rating:  

6.5
Hide this banner by registering for our community.