ggFTW

ggFTW (http://ggftw.com/forum/)
-   SDGO MS Discussions (http://ggftw.com/forum/sdgo-ms-discussions/)
-   -   [MSoTW][04/07 - 010/07] Amatsu Incomplete (http://ggftw.com/forum/sdgo-ms-discussions/98724-msotw-04-07-010-07-amatsu-incomplete.html)

zgmfx19a 07-04-2011 05:53 AM

[MSoTW][04/07 - 010/07] Amatsu Incomplete

MSoTW: Amatsu Incomplete

http://omg.wthax.org/incomplete.jpg

Introduction
With the suit coming soon (to TW), and me having the privilege of owning one slightly earlier, I shall just do a review on my latest favorite B-scis - Amatsu Incomplete.

As someone who can't use Amatsu, this unit is a pure blessing. It's brutally painful, packed with a decent melee, has invis, and has 3 lives. You can't really ask for anything better than that, for a B rank.

Stats below. A OC6 with all atk, it is just one stat short of hitting the maximum attack points. That's something extremely sexy.

Weapons
W1: 4 hit melee, good for a scissors. It is not at the level of RE-GZ or Colasour, but it is more than enough for defense, or an offensive strike. Melees better than Amatsu, which is something.

W2: Zooks that has a magazine of 11 shots deep. Reloads decent, fires blazingly fast (almost the speed of AR Buster). The only weird thing is that it is located on the left arm, which I think is the only zooker to do so. Takes some time to get used to.

W3: Invis darts. Nothing really much to talk about.

Spec: Guess it is their way of balancing it, but spec is a rather disappointing melee spec. Cool sequence though.

Skills
Nothing to complain there. I find both of the skills actually better than Amatsu's. Attack up on this makes it a painful scis to fight against, while OS helps in lots of areas (especially reload), but you have to drop your HP a little.

Detailed Analysis
What can I say? This thing is good, if you enjoy playing zooks. Shot for shot, zooks always deals more than beams, at the cost of accuracy. Having invis helps you in doing deadly back-stabs, and if you manage to land just a few zooks on an enemy's back, they will be half-crippled, if not dead.

It does suffers slightly from having only physical damage, but phase-shift is one of the moves that reduces the least attack. 11 clips means that while you will still run out of ammo if you fire blindly, it is deep enough for you to get the job done, and run. Compared to AR Buster, it has a way better melee set to fall back to should your ammo ever runs out.

It is slightly frail, but that is something that applies to nearly all invis units. I'll say that this thing can hold itself properly if you play right.

There's nearly no weak, seriously. Except the fact that it is a zook unit, so the usual zook weaknesses, such as maps and etc, applies. Other than that, there is nothing to complain about.

(My) Playing Style
Played it as a zook unit, but obviously with a lot of emphasis on the invis. It is also one of the few zook scis that have a really decent melee, so it is quite a good secondary weapon to fall back on against papers and scis.

Standard play of zooks still applies. As always, it is advantageous for zookers to fire from a higher ground as compared to your enemies, so try to use high grounds to your advantage. If not, always try to zook from the air, instead of on level ground. Zooking into the air is always not advised, but if you have spare ammo to do so, by all means try.

I can't stress enough of aiming papers -> scis -> rocks while using this suit (though that should be common sense to most players by now). It decimates papers and even frail scissors. Needless to say, crit if you have the chance, but do not insist on it.

Invis on this unit works both offensively and defensively. Obviously, if you are to use it on offense, if the enemies have you locked on, invis right next to an ally so that they will not suspect about the sudden shift in their auto-lock. It is also a good defensive weapon, and can be used to confuse enemy rocks while you are zooking away at their papers.

Melee is never your main source of damage, so if you use it, never KD on melee unless you are defending yourself.

OC, just go pure attack on this thing. OC atk + Atk up + Invis = brutal rape.

Comparisons against other units
The only other B invis scis unit is Amatsu, which offers a different option in terms of a beam rifle. Both plays slightly differently and excels on different maps, even though their roles are the same. Amatsu Incomplete does have the better melee though, if that counts.

In fact, it is currently the only unit that offers invis + zook in the same weapon set. Nothing else comes close to the role it plays.

Counters
Rocks with phase-shift gives it the biggest headache. A lot of combo-orientated rocks can easily KO you with a single combo should they ever catch you. Be cheap and pack teleports on this baby.

Radar units lessens the impact of invis, but invis itself can be used just like a temporarily offensive boost, so it is not really that bad.

Gameplay Videoes
Typical casual gameplay. Nothing exciting, but Amatsu does it job there. Amatsu doesn't really play flashy - it's just invis, kill, run. I am ways off trying to be at the level of the next Amatsu video that I will post below me though.

My zooks accuracy had dropped considerably, which I hated. That's one of the main reason why I had been playing Amatsu Incomplete regularly these days, in my attempt to gain it back.

Somehow lost the first game because their entire team focused me with stuns+spec, plus the Zaku3 in my team was pretty worthless compared to theirs.

The game-play that I aims to be. Deadly accuracy, good boost management. Both mine and his are at OC6.

That is all. Hope you guys enjoy it, till next time.

Retune 07-04-2011 06:02 AM

I am SO getting this when it comes out.

Nice article. I think you could maybe compare to other B rank zookers?

Although I realise they don't quite play the same, with the invis on this thing.

zgmfx19a 07-04-2011 06:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Retune (Post 1562769)
Although I realise they don't quite play the same, with the invis on this thing.

That's the problem. It really don't play like your typical zookers in terms of positioning. With invis, you can get into pristine positions easier. That's what makes this zooker deadly.

Crimsonred 07-04-2011 06:07 AM

Good article, 2 typos
"There's nearly no weak, seriously."
"The only other B invis unit is Amatsu" - DS says hi

Invisibility instantly makes it a good flanker, for good reasons and the high atk helps.

Retune 07-04-2011 06:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zgmfx19a (Post 1562772)
That's the problem. It really don't play like your typical zookers in terms of positioning. With invis, you can get into pristine positions easier. That's what makes this zooker deadly.

Incomplete's unique-ness makes it an ass to compare against :py22:

Much like Googmander!

Crimsonred 07-04-2011 06:11 AM

Funny how the "Complete" amatsu gained claws which made the meele worse...
I was always bothered that it played no real purpose... (It's supposed to suck energy!)

Role 07-04-2011 06:13 AM

That's why there's mina custom~

zgmfx19a 07-04-2011 06:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crimsonred (Post 1562774)
Good article, 2 typos
"There's nearly no weak, seriously."
"The only other B invis unit is Amatsu" - DS says hi

Invisibility instantly makes it a good flanker, for good reasons and the high atk helps.

No weak is common net speak.

Forgot to add B invis scis. Thanks though.

Ao 07-04-2011 07:31 AM

Good article!

the MS itself is deadly as shit. Even hits alot on stsandard rocks @________@

Mr20090526 07-04-2011 08:47 AM

my fav scissor suit apart from my bd3..... really really deadly when attack up+invisible mode... the melee is awesome.... manage to counter melee a lot of rock suit with its melee.... nice article....

tehprognoob 07-04-2011 02:19 PM

Makes my regular Amatsu feel so incomplete (lul)
I guess Amatsu's rifle cannot compare to Incomplete's bazooka in terms of pure damage? But then, my Amatsu is only OC3. You said that the rifle does less than zook but is more accurate...but damn, I wish I had this one instead; I seem better at zooking than I am at shooting a rifle.

WhatThePho 07-04-2011 06:39 PM

How does this thing compare to Taozi?

Ao 07-04-2011 06:54 PM

toazi is trash

Kisaragi 07-04-2011 07:11 PM

Taozi is not even worth comparing to amatu incomplete.

Retune 07-04-2011 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kisaragi (Post 1563131)
Taozi is not even worth comparing to amatu incomplete.

Taozi is better off being compared to C ranks.

Kisaragi 07-04-2011 07:18 PM

^Srsly.

That thing has super shitty damage, terrible melee range, and has a toilet seat for a head.

Retune 07-04-2011 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kisaragi (Post 1563140)
^Srsly.

That thing has super shitty damage, terrible melee range, and has a toilet seat for a head.

Its only redeeming quality is that its pink. :py05:

Everything else it does, Overflag does better. Heck, even Taribia Realdo does better.

tehprognoob 07-05-2011 06:27 AM

TOPIC, lol

Role 07-05-2011 06:41 AM

Taozi = Troll suit = OP suit = too good for you all! You guys underestimate the power the pink beast. Amatsu is just lucky it has invis or else it would get wrecked~

Crimsonred 07-05-2011 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mirei (Post 1563454)
Taozi = Troll suit = OP suit = too good for you all! You guys underestimate the power the pink beast. Amatsu is just lucky it has invis or else it would get wrecked~

Too bad it can increase reload when HP is low...
But Taozi seriously needs some buffs, like a better meele....