ggFTW

ggFTW (http://ggftw.com/forum/)
-   SDGO MS Discussions (http://ggftw.com/forum/sdgo-ms-discussions/)
-   -   [MSoTW][20/06 - 26/06]MSN-04 Sazabi (http://ggftw.com/forum/sdgo-ms-discussions/98007-msotw-20-06-26-06-msn-04-sazabi.html)

Kenshiro 06-20-2011 03:51 AM

[MSoTW][20/06 - 26/06]MSN-04 Sazabi

Since a previous thread discussed about Sazabi, I decided that my next review will be about this suit. I already reviewed this suit in my GGFTW Blog, but I'd like to review it again as a comparison about how Sazabi fared before and how it fared now.

The weapons:

Mode 1

W1: Small Shield Missile
- medium range, fast reload. Has 3 ammo.
Probably Sazabi's main selling point for range-based gameplay (yes, no kidding) because these shield missiles fire fast and reloads fast. At OC5 attack, these things can put a great deal of hurt against most suit types without PS armor or Vet Sniper.

W2: Beam rifle
- Standard beam rifle but with bigger a projectile. Identical to NT-D's previous weapon shot, but Sazabi/Nu had it first. Has 11 ammo and has medium reload.

W3: Funnels - These babies used to be hax, well it still is if used properly. With strengthened funnels on, Sazabi can turn a WZC into swiss cheese in seconds. The range is sort of deceiving even if it says medium range, but it's actually just a bit longer than medium. Has long reload and can send out 6 funnels all at once before reloading.

Special: Ranged

Mode 2:

W1: Beam tomahawk - Quite good speed, but not freedom-fast. You can ZBS with it and it works quite well. 4 hits before knockdown and has short range.

W2: Beam sabers x2 - These twin beam sabers are fast, and I mean hits fast. It reloads fast too, so you can't go wrong with that. It can be used to catch enemies for first strike, then hit with W1. Players can previously chain up to 8 hits with the plain combo but it got nerfed (it does around 6 or 7 now). It is still possible to go beyond that now, but you have to know your melee basics.

Special: Melee

Skills:

The Red Comet:
Movement speed is increased + Boost duration is increased, when the HP of the unit drops below 50%. This makes good ol' Sazabi less clunky.

Enhanced Funnels: Funnel Attack power is increased + Funnel reload time is decreased + Funnel Special attack is increased.

But Buster, how do I play Sazabi? It's an old suit without feg flashlights or homing weapons! Most Scissors even have Vet Ranger! Sazabi looks plain and weak compared to NT-D, Strike Freedom, and Akatsuki!

- Yes, it does seem that way but looks can be deceiving. There's no such thing as a bad suit, but only a bad player. Sazabi has zooks that actually hurt (with enough OC of course) and reloads faster than NT-D. I can even say that Sazabi's zook fires a bit faster than the standard zook suit (tested with Unicorn A and Sazabi). The beam rifle is sorta slow but you can fix that with 3 points into Agi. I must insist that 3 Custom points in Agi is a must if you want to play Sazabi normally.

How did you build your Sazabi, Buster?

- Well, err...

3 Custom points into SP, then 2 OC points for a total of 5 into SP. The rest goes into attack. Strengthened Funnels add SP damage into mode 1 so this build is more of a trololol build. Played a game with Dorrko some time ago, and Sazabi with hax SP can really clean out a lot of suits in one go. But I only use this because I know my Sazabi inside out. Used to be 3 Agi, rest attack but I changed it for the lulz.

All in all, Sazabi isn't a bad suit. If you know your range and melee basics, you'll do fine. You don't have to be a Newtype to use this, but it helps if you are.

Sazabi then vs Sazabi now

Sazabi back then was a top-tier scissor. It was even debated which Scissors were the best and Sazabi, FAZZ, and Destiny had that top 3. That was BEFORE NT-D, Akatsuki, and Strike Freedom came in. With it's hax melee, it can even outmelee Infinite Justice but was eventually nerfed. The beam pistol with a wide projectile was a treat and funnels were all the rage.

Sazabi now? Well, it's a relic that's heavily outclassed by the newer Scissors like X2, NT-D, Arios, Akatsuki and SF. Don't let that put you off though. It's still a VERY playable suit. Just don't be reckless. You're not protected by plot-armor and can still pretty much die.

Oh and I almost forgot, you need to learn MANUAL AIM to be able to play Sazabi.

http://i913.photobucket.com/albums/a...ance01/sdf.jpg
Char: You again...
Amuro: Sorry, but I'm here to steal your show.

And now, some videos!

The video that inspired me to make Sazabi. That was about... a year ago?

This one is from Cybaster. Very sick Sazabi gameplay.

Ao 06-20-2011 06:35 AM

nice nice~~

You were very quite thorough with this, as with many of the recent MSoTW.

-sigh- due to latency issues i cant play this so well though :<

funnel sending takes forever

(<---- this feg would hug mode 2 anyways)

Though imo, the red comet buff really made sazabi into a better spec bomber, and well, suit overall.

Fortress made it even more of a clunky ass than it was, but with red comet, you can do more shit

Crimsonred 06-20-2011 06:46 AM

Nice article.
I kinda hate red comet on this, it made the meele was too fast to do the old long ass combo.

Retune 06-20-2011 06:58 AM

I quite like the change from Fort to Red Comet, tbh.

Once Red Comet kicks in I feel like I'm using NTD with funnels and loltastic melee :py01::py54:

Zeomn 06-20-2011 11:14 AM

honestly i don't live sazabi as much after it got red comet instead of fortress... sazabi is too flimsy now, as for speed, sazabi was plenty fast even without red comet...oh and i never actually had a problem with sazabi even if i relied heavily on auto aim

Kenshiro 06-20-2011 12:03 PM

You can use auto aim with the beam rifle, but I don't think it will work that well with the shield zook. Manual aim = better shooting overall, especially when kiting while Red Comet is on. It's not mandatory, but it's useful to know.

Ao 06-20-2011 02:36 PM

imo after the skill chance sazabi's role also changed significantly

Trent957 06-20-2011 03:51 PM

I always felt that after Sazabi lost fortress in favor of Red Comet, that Sazabi played more like a Pseudo rock with its melee mode

tehprognoob 06-20-2011 04:16 PM

IMO Red Comet is more consistent with the anime, since Sazabi was easily damaged by Nu, and in fact Char himself remarked that his saber was weaker than Amuro's.

Zeomn 06-20-2011 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Defiance (Post 1554154)
You can use auto aim with the beam rifle, but I don't think it will work that well with the shield zook. Manual aim = better shooting overall, especially when kiting while Red Comet is on. It's not mandatory, but it's useful to know.

i was talking about back when sazabi still had fortress... the range of the missiles weren't that long, so i basically only used it pretty up close anyway, which made it easier to hit with auto aim

did they ever increase the range for it? I havn't actually used sazabi's missiles at long ranged from habit, so i don't really know...

Quote:

Originally Posted by tehprognoob (Post 1554335)
IMO Red Comet is more consistent with the anime, since Sazabi was easily damaged by Nu, and in fact Char himself remarked that his saber was weaker than Amuro's.

anaheim really ripped Char off with that huh?

lol i've got over 1200 pvp games with my sazabi... probably the most out of any suit

Marisa 06-20-2011 04:50 PM

To be honest I think...

Fortress > Red Comet

However, I think I'm the only one who thinks that so far.

I actually liked living longer with Fortress.

Although, I admit it is rather funny that Fortress slows down a suit that's supposed to be 3x faster.

tehprognoob 06-20-2011 05:01 PM

Well, Anaheim didn't so much rip of Char as get outdone by the Nu's creator...Sazabi has heavy armor, but most of his reactor energy is directed to his abdomen-mounted megaparticle gun. (source) So the Nu just had a more evened out power budget. Interestingly, in SDGO Sazabi doesn't have this weapon :py61: way to be a ***** softmax

Zeomn 06-20-2011 05:49 PM

nor sazabi's beam shotrifle... we only got a larger beam rifle instead.......
hopefully sr sazabi will at least give us the mega-particle gun
also Ai didn't read my post....

crimson i now sort of understand how you feel

Ao 06-20-2011 06:04 PM

except, the stuff melty posts is of significant importance to events, etc, and still, no one reads

Quote:

Hey does anyone know if IJ is in the SF dream cap? HUR HUR HUR
And we end up with stupid questions like that

Crimsonred 06-21-2011 04:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zeomn (Post 1554337)
i was talking about back when sazabi still had fortress... the range of the missiles weren't that long, so i basically only used it pretty up close anyway, which made it easier to hit with auto aim

did they ever increase the range for it? I havn't actually used sazabi's missiles at long ranged from habit, so i don't really know...

anaheim really ripped Char off with that huh?

lol i've got over 1200 pvp games with my sazabi... probably the most out of any suit

They buffed the missile speed, which should hit easier now, and the beam rifle is not NTD rank, it doesn't have the range despite looking like a beam zook.

Kenshiro 06-21-2011 04:26 AM

It is just normal beam rifle range, but with a fat projectile. The missiles' range isn't that long, but it fires fast and reloads fast.

WhatThePho 06-21-2011 12:00 PM

With the lag that most US users have in TW and HK, speed doesn't mean much when it comes to dodging projectiles... I'd much rather have Fortress on this suit :v

Crimsonred 06-21-2011 12:05 PM

And the SP, did I mention that SP lag is atrocious in TW now?
You basically get hit by at least 1 SP however you try to dodge it.( I tired MCA away, normal dodging, and even SP cancel, all failed)
With the extra squishy version of sazabi now, ppl just don't use it anymore, instead ppl use the classic FAZZ or Destiny homing suits.... (don't ask about akatsuki, just think HAC)