ggFTW

MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > MMO Games > SD Gundam Capsule Fighter Online > SDGO MS Discussions

Iris Online
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Iris Online

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
06-04-2011   #1 (permalink)
Ao
天使じゃない!
Games
SD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterLuniaDragon NestElsword
Awards Facebook Fan

Ao has a spectacular aura aboutAo has a spectacular aura aboutAo has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Ao
Class: Rock lt_templar
Level: Double Silver
Guild: Synergy
Default [MSoTW][06/06 - 12/06] CU Dom

Its a bit early, but i have the feeling i'll forgot if i post it tmmrw morning >_<
(sorry retune)
Quote:
Originally Posted by retune

WARNING - This article is a very big wall of text.
This applies here too :>

MSoTW- CU Dom

Stats (In chart)

Stats (In numbers)
Attack - 13.2
Speed - 14.7
Special - 12.3
Defense - 10.8
HP - 9.3
Agility - 12.6

Introduction – Why CU Dom?

CU Dom is an annoying, and extermey discoloured zooking unit. Though you can paint it to look like a normal Dom, the zook and hands stay the same ;-;
You can try painting this ina wide variety of ways, but for me it just never seems to work out XD

Its quick reloading boost down is an essential on the battlefield.

Pros
Boost down, reload up
Higher base atk compared to normal dom
Melee chain too slow (can be taken as both a pro and con due to the situational nature of melee)
Good damage for C rank

Cons
Difficult to paint
Lack of “paper” weapons
Is most useful in areas where it can easily be found by scissors
No beam weapons with significant damage
Melee chain too slow (can be taken as both a pro and con due to the situational nature of melee)
Kinda slow

A slow melee chain is beneficial if you have teammates that can barrage your target with high damaging weapons while you melee them. On the other hand, if you do it in the open, your opponents can also do the same for you, resulting in a quick, painful death.

Weapon set
4 hit melee: relatively decent melee, however, it should not be used that much in my opinion

Zook: Good, fast and hard zook. Damage output is good for a C paper. Though each shot’s damage is not super high compared to higher ranks (its still rly good for C though) it helps build up the pressure as well as eat people meleeing or being melee’d by teamates. Projective speed is average-slightly above averge, there is a slight delay between zook shots, well a significant delay.

The ammo on this zook can only be described as excellent when reload up is on.

Boost down beam weapon: You will love it. Period. Imo, its one of the best cockblocks in the game. However, because it only has 1 ammo, you have to be more careful when using it rather than spamming it whenever it reloads again.

Skills
Reload up: One of the selling points of this unit. It lowers the cockblock beam’s cooldown dramatically, and makes it seem like you always have some zook ammo remaining.

Attack up: A good, standard, solid skill. I dont think I have much to say about it besides that it makes the zook damage even better,
Special attack is melee

Compatibility, I feel that the skill set and weapon set work very well together. As stated above, boost down + reload up = hax. Attack up always helps, as you will be shooting targets you boost downed, alot.

Because of the nature of zooks, i feel that manual aim is a neccessity for this suit. For those who use autolock, fighting at mid-long range wonot work out very well, you will only be able to get a few stray shots in. However, soon lock CAN be used for the weapon 3 as it is a beam weapon.manual aim is still recommended as it is more consistant >_>”.

Role
Imo, CU dom is front to middle support. In otherwords, it rushes with the rocks or sits around the scissors. If you rush with the rocks, you’ll be able to assist them via boost downing their targets and then spamming zooks while the targets are melee’d. If you play around the scissors (or papers), you can boost down rushing enemies, and potentially stun them with your long melee while your team mates eat them with range. Once again, the zooks also work here.

I don’t feel that CU dom is very capable of doing anything by itself. Sure if you get into 2v1, you can boost down 1 guy and zook the other one, but it is very difficult to be a carry the team with this suit.

Analysis of the unit
Overall, CU Dom is a good unit because of its super evil boost down. However, the range of its weapons makes it a tasty target for scissors. In S ranked rooms, CU dom does not have alot of survivablility, and despite having four lives, it is not very easy to stay alive if you rush. People WILL hunt you down for boosting them down. People will RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGE if you keep boosting them down, and only them, to get them killed. I’ve tried it, its really funny.

Its zooks make a good offensive front. The zook speed is quite fast in my opinion, though I am not too keen on zooks in the first place. The prediction of enemy movement is essential, as is the abuse of the splash damage. Using autolock at either too long or too short range DOES NOT WORK. (In long range, your bullet travel is too long b/c enemies move, while in short range, autolock only turns your MS a certain degree. Personally, i prefer to jump and zook downwards afterboosting down b/c they cant catch a hopping target easily without any boost whatsoever. Due to the lack of boost duration (as it is a scissor) CU dom is unable to circle around while zooking.

CU dom gets cockblocked by scissor defense. Its most handy weapon, the zook, does like no damage. Things with scissor defense should be tackled with a team mate, where you boost down the opponent and allow your team mate to melee while you spam zooks and/or ensure that no other enemies appraoch to melee ur teammate in the back.

The projective speed of CU dom’s zooks helps quite with people who are newer to zooks. Its boost down effect is removed by vaccine, which is sadly one of its major flaws.

Comparison to other C zookers
IMO, one C rank zooker that really takes the cake is Rick Dias (black). The two units both have 4 hit melee, status effect weapon 3 and zook weapon 2. Though dias’ zooks appear a bit faster to me, Dom’s weapon 3 rules it superior.
Both units play in a similar range, and considering that rick dias (black) is scissor, a Dom should not try to take this unit on. Tbh, Rick dias, fares better in the midfield that Dom does, as rick dias does not take as much damage from those pesky scissors, as it is one. Rick dias’ weapon 3 is slow,; a very good slow at that, and it can also help many teammates with things like melee.

Bacue CR is another C rank that uses powerful ballistic weapons. To me, bacue Cr seems to have a more powerful shot, and the weapon 3 taht KD’s is also very useful to shake enemies off your back, or your team mates back. However, one has to keep in mind taht bacue DOES NOT HAVE MELEE DASH. This makes it more difficult to position, dom on the other hand has a relatively good melee, and can use all its weapons. While Bacue CR appears only to use 2.
However, one should still beware of bacue on the battlefield because it has vaccine. (and bacue has ranged sp while dom has the inferior melee sp)

Comparison to other Dom series MS.
Rock Version
This has more boost, always a good thing
Also the melee is faster and 5 hits, but the weaopn 3 reload is longer, as is the zook. This unit also has fortress, making it freaking hax :< It is more of a frontline unit, and has higher survivability. It can use its boost down to lead into melee, or as part of the melee c0mbo

CR Dom
Similar, but no reload up or zook. Instead, the zook is replaced by a long ranged beam that is blocked by scissor defense. Allows for more survivability. However the beam weapon is kinda on the slow side and is frustrating to use until skill 2 kicks in. The “midranged” weapon 2 really works as an almost long ranged weapon. If i had to relate it to any other MS, it would be kinda like a clunkier version of F91’s beam zook in MePE.

Regular Dom
CU but higher speed lower atk and less fugly. But imo the higher base atk is more worth it than speed.
I will leave it to you to decide which of them is the best since it is simply due to preference.

Customization
I recomend full atk
However, some people go speed atk because they like to run in and retreat after boosting down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zgmfx19a
HP/Def build is extremely viable if you want to restrict it to B/C rooms. It is the king of trolls in casual games.
Videos (sorry, none of mine since i'm busy killing off all the MS in my hangar)

Not so great video

Somethings he did right
Not waste too much ammo in long ranged combat
Boost down rushing units
Occasionally follow up with boost down (ex. the sp)

Some things he did wrong or not right
Occasionally waste the boost down
Not doing a follow up to a boost down of some rushing units (ex. get melee'd after boosting the guy down....)
Play like a nub.... (hold auto lock and also switch to sp and then just wait until someone attacks him.....)

Better video

Somethings he did right
MANUAL AIM ZOOK
Rush with team
Better judgement than previous player, ex appropriate sp timing
Punish rushing RX-78
Use hatsune miku song

Some things he did wrong or not right
Leave back open when he knows there is people there
Rush too hard, leading to being fired upon more than neccessary, and occasionally almost ditching team mates, this also resulted in not-so-great boost management
Too trigger happy

http://luciferseal.blogspot.com/ <--- click there for light novel project. Latest update: Volume 4 Released

Last edited by Ao; 06-05-2011 at 08:02 AM.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
06-04-2011   #2 (permalink)
┬──┬ノ(° -°ノ)
Games
Kingdom of LoathingSD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterAudition 2Fiesta
Awards Facebook Fan

Retune is just really niceRetune is just really niceRetune is just really niceRetune is just really niceRetune is just really nice
IGN: Retune

Walls of text FTW!

Nice article, well detailed and all.

I like how unbiased you were with it the whole way, unlike my Super gundam article

06-04-2011   #3 (permalink)
Gluttony Fang
Games
SD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterRagnarok OnlinePerfect WorldPhantasy Star Online 2

Kisaragi has much to be proud ofKisaragi has much to be proud ofKisaragi has much to be proud ofKisaragi has much to be proud ofKisaragi has much to be proud ofKisaragi has much to be proud ofKisaragi has much to be proud ofKisaragi has much to be proud ofKisaragi has much to be proud of
IGN: Excellence
Class: Platinum Lucifer lu_sieg
Level: Ace in Exile
Guild: Harkonen

The best thing about reload up on CU Dom is that by the time the other guy recovers from the boost down, you can fire another boost down at him.

| Adventus |

06-04-2011   #4 (permalink)
┬──┬ノ(° -°ノ)
Games
Kingdom of LoathingSD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterAudition 2Fiesta
Awards Facebook Fan

Retune is just really niceRetune is just really niceRetune is just really niceRetune is just really niceRetune is just really nice
IGN: Retune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kisaragi
The best thing about reload up on CU Dom is that by the time the other guy recovers from the boost down, you can fire another boost down at him.
Ooooh, like Guntank's unlimited KD.

06-04-2011   #5 (permalink)
Ao
天使じゃない!
Games
Awards Facebook Fan

Ao has a spectacular aura aboutAo has a spectacular aura aboutAo has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by retune
Ooooh, like Guntank's unlimited KD.
its not that great sadly

however, its good enough to annoy the hell out of people

if you have a team mate with a stun weapon, and you guys take turns the guy you target is practically screwed

oh and tahnks for good comments :>

http://luciferseal.blogspot.com/ <--- click there for light novel project. Latest update: Volume 4 Released

06-04-2011   #6 (permalink)
Retired
Special
Games
SD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterTrickster OnlineLa TaleGunbound
Awards Retired Forum Moderator

zgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to zgmfx19a
IGN: Nek0 / Nek0Yasha(RIP)
Class: Zooks

Way too early, I'll sticky later.

Anyway, a few comments.

Firstly, CR Paper Dom sucks imo because beam zooks has relatively little synergy compared to normal zooks, plus slower reloading W3. Once the target is boosted down, it's a lot better to be in the air and pelt zooks down asap. The slow firing rate of CR's W2 does not really allow that.

CU is still too dependant on w3 to troll, and thus is not really practical in serious 4v4 matches.

HP/Def build is extremely viable if you want to restrict it to B/C rooms. It is the king of trolls in casual games.

06-04-2011   #7 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
SD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterCosmic BreakACE OnlineZero Online

Leongz has a spectacular aura aboutLeongz has a spectacular aura aboutLeongz has a spectacular aura about
IGN: Leongz

Quote:
Originally Posted by xLucifer
Better video

Somethings he did right
MANUAL AIM ZOOK
Rush with team
Better judgement than previous player, ex appropriate sp timing
Punish rushing RX-78
Use hatsune miku song
^This,

06-05-2011   #8 (permalink)
Ao
天使じゃない!
Games
Awards Facebook Fan

Quote:
Way too early, I'll sticky later.

Anyway, a few comments.

Firstly, CR Paper Dom sucks imo because beam zooks has relatively little synergy compared to normal zooks, plus slower reloading W3. Once the target is boosted down, it's a lot better to be in the air and pelt zooks down asap. The slow firing rate of CR's W2 does not really allow that.

CU is still too dependant on w3 to troll, and thus is not really practical in serious 4v4 matches.

CR dom is more of a ranged fighter imo, though its terrible shooting speed inhibits its abilities in that as well >_>"

The only good thing about it is that it has a shitty version of f91's beam zook

CU is indeed too dependant on weapon 3. However, i would like to point out that with any build, CU dom is still an epic troll in any room, not just B/C rooms. Though it dies fast, you can still piss the hell out of people

The thing is however, the air zook/boostdown tactic dones't work so well in rooms with high OC S ranks as they can just fire back with super high damage weapons most of the time

IMO, i feel that in S ranked rooms CU dom is better as the "pop in, boost down, bait someone to follow, get that someone ambushed by team mate". The problem with that is you need someone who works well in a team, and its hard to make teamwork work in random rooms

Also, in S ranked rooms, i feel CU dom can be more suicidal that in BC rooms, it really has to play the role of a supporter, and potentially a scapegoat for your team mates.

Last edited by Ao; 06-05-2011 at 07:41 AM.

06-05-2011   #9 (permalink)
Retired
Special
Games

zgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
IMO, i feel that in S ranked rooms CU dom is better as the "pop in, boost down, bait someone to follow, get that someone ambushed by team mate". The problem with that is you need someone who works well in a team, and its hard to make teamwork work in random rooms

Also, in S ranked rooms, i feel CU dom can be more suicidal that in BC rooms, it really has to play the role of a supporter, and potentially a scapegoat for your team mates.
I know that. I have an OC5 atk one.

I am just saying that HP/Def works wonders in BC rooms.

06-05-2011   #10 (permalink)
Ao
天使じゃない!
Games
Awards Facebook Fan

Quote:

oh i see, well i can see why

its damage is pretty good in BC rooms

survivability + troll = fun

i'll put that in there

06-05-2011   #11 (permalink)
Rilienthal
Games
MapleStorySD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterTrickster OnlineZero Online

Strikegundam is a splendid one to beholdStrikegundam is a splendid one to beholdStrikegundam is a splendid one to beholdStrikegundam is a splendid one to beholdStrikegundam is a splendid one to beholdStrikegundam is a splendid one to beholdStrikegundam is a splendid one to beholdStrikegundam is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to Strikegundam
IGN: Natsume

Quote:

survivability + troll = fun

i'll put that in there
it is nowhere near the troll level if you asked me..

06-05-2011   #12 (permalink)
Ao
天使じゃない!
Games
Awards Facebook Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strikegundam
it is nowhere near the troll level if you asked me..
the trolling point isn't the defense, but rather the fact that isn't that squishy, and has the uber troll boost down

06-05-2011   #13 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
SD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterCosmic BreakPerfect World

tehprognoob will become famous soon enough
IGN: Cynister(TW) MidBoss(KR)
Guild: O.M.F.G.

Got a regular Dom as well as Tropen Desert on my alt. Smashingly good machines, I must say, but a bit of a ***** with the low attack. IMO, regular Dom's speed helps it GTFO before the big boys come a'trollin'. And great suit for alt accounts due to noobs being so eager to rush. Tropen is a bit trickier without the Boost Down, but with reload up you have basically infinite ammo as long as you regulate switching between Zook and Grenade
Arios Gundam (GNHW/M) Skill 1 Crossbone Gundam X3 OC3 DSTAT Deathscythe Hell Custom OC3 DSTAT Freedom Gundam (Meteor) C1 Infinite Justice OC5 Kyshatria OC3 Neue Ziel OC 4 Qubeley (Awakened) Ace Sazabi C2 Zeta Gundam (Awakened) OC 4

GG TW

06-07-2011   #14 (permalink)
Booger face
Games
SD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterDragon NestVindictusLeague of Legends

Seim is a splendid one to beholdSeim is a splendid one to beholdSeim is a splendid one to beholdSeim is a splendid one to beholdSeim is a splendid one to beholdSeim is a splendid one to behold

Quote:

AND whooooooo was it exactly that said HP/Def rapes? =))))
bakadere nek0!
my noobie art :>
http://carrotlegs.deviantart.com/

06-07-2011   #15 (permalink)
Retired
Special
Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seim
AND whooooooo was it exactly that said HP/Def rapes? =))))
bakadere nek0!
But I realized it sucks in competitive FFA rooms, so I reverted back to full attack. >: