ggFTW

MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > MMO Games > SD Gundam Capsule Fighter Online > SDGO MS Discussions

Vindictus
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Vindictus

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
05-28-2011   #1 (permalink)
┬──┬ノ( -ノ)
Games
Kingdom of LoathingSD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterAudition 2Fiesta
Awards Facebook Fan

Retune is just really niceRetune is just really niceRetune is just really niceRetune is just really niceRetune is just really nice
IGN: Retune
Default [MSoTW] [30/05 - 05/06] RX-178+FXA-05D Super Gundam

RX-178+FXA-05D Super Gundam

WARNING - This article is a very big wall of text.

So, it’s my turn to write an MSoTW article! As you can see, I’ll be writing about Super “Blind Snipe King” Gundam <BR Rank> today. Below are the suit stats and the suggested build.

For an old suit, Super Gundam is beast. Wholly and truly beast. My reasoning? Super Gundam is one of the few suits that can max the attack stat, with a point to spare! If that’s not good enough for you, just take a look at the weapon damage on this guy:

Melee – 2700
Double Zook – 630x2
Beast Beam – 2100

For reference, Freedom’s beam rifle is 1300 and its railguns is 1960.
If you’ve ever fought against an OC6 full attack Super Gundam, you will know what I mean when I say that this guy is SCARY. At OC6, Super Gundam is liable to deal 50-60% hp damage, in one hit, to an A or B rank rock. That’s a normal hit; not even a smash. Yes I'm serious.

Pros & Cons

Pros
Amazing damage
Ballistic AND beam weaponry

Cons
Low defence and HP
Not the best mobility, CLUNKY

Weapon Set

Although I’ve sorta mentioned the weapon set already, here it is again.

Weapon 1 – Beast Smash ~ One hit to knockdown. 2700.
Quick execution ~ Smashes enemy with his bigass gun.

Weapon 2 – Double Zook ~ 2 shots at once, 4 ammo. Fast reload. 630x2
Fires 2 ballistic zooks from the top of the Defenser. <Hurr Hurr eat that iField>

Weapon 3 – Beast Beam ~ Can Scope. One hit to knockdown. 1 shot. Medium reload. 2100.
Slight delay as the gun is picked up. Long ranged thin beam.
Beam Spec ~ Thin-ish beam.

This weapon set lends itself well to battles at all ranges.

Short ranged | The one hit melee has a pretty fast execution, and it goes pretty far too. Not to mention the amazing damage this thing puts out. This weapon is generally used to save your ass against a rushing rock, or to finish off someone with a single hit to the back, for the lulz.

Mid ranged | The zooks fire quickly, and fly quickly as well. Due to the placement on top of the Gundam, they are pretty accurate, as well. Use this weapon whilst your sniper is reloading, or against people closing up on you.

Long ranged | Arguably the main selling point of the suit, the beam sniper. Although it has a noticeable delay, it’s easy to deal with moving targets with soon-lock. This is the main thing I use on Super Gundam. The amazing damage it has already allows you to forget about having to use sniper parts, earning Super Gundam the name “Blind Snipe King”.

Skillset

Latent Potential – At 50% HP, damage is maximized and SP bar charge speed is increased. Red glowy aura.
Veteran Sniper – Reduces damage from beam rifles and other mid-ranged stuff.

Synergy

Latent potential is a lurvely skill to have on Super Gundam. As if your damage wasn’t crazy enough, you get the ability to do max damage every time! Enjoy taking out enemies at the speed of light A_A The hi-speed charge of your SP is pretty nice, giving you quicker access to veteran sniper, which helps for its survivability.

As for Vet Sniper, it’s not as helpful as latent potential for Super Gundam. For the most part, you’ll be blind sniping people with Super anyway, lest you decide to play rush with it, which can be pretty effective. In any case, any skill that improves survivability is a good thing, though.

Tactics

Generally speaking, Super Gundam is best used at mid-long range, allowing use of both the sniper and the zooks. What you aim to do with Super is to boost damage your teammates are doing, or to finish off the enemies your opponents are beating up. <Epic damage spiking!>

Super Gundam can function as a KD boss, stopping enemies in their tracks before they can get to your teammates, but you should end up doing this naturally anyway.

Alternatively, you can try rushing forward to the enemies with Super. Although a bit more dangerous, you can make use of the crazy melee. I generally wouldn’t recommend this type of tactic, unless your teammates are crazy good at covering you.

Just as a side note, if you choose to pack sniper parts, you should really try to stay further from the front lines, and make use of that crazy powerful snipe. Otherwise just go ahead and blindsnipe those invisible enemies over the horizon!

Skill builds

Anything based around maxing your attack is fine.

I recommend 2 Attack 1 Agi OC Attack, though. You can make use of the fact that you get SLIGHTLY more Agi from standard custom points.

Anything else really is missing the point of Super Gundam. It’s unfortunate that Super Gundam has kinda low defence and HP, but hell. If you can kill someone in 2-3 shots, who cares? <Excellent for those crazy attack-based clans, then.>

Comparisons

BS Qubeley <Active Cannon>

This Qubeley plays rather differently to Super, in the fact that you are based completely at mid-long range, spamming funnels and the active cannon. Still, it’s a B rank paper that is renowned for stupidly high attack.

The Qubeley is probably easier to kill people with. Funnels follow your enemy, which means you don’t have to wait for them to appear. Active Cannon doesn’t KD, which means you can get several hits in without having to wait for the reload. Ranged SP with an SP up skill!

However, Qubeley doesn’t have ballistic attacks. Hurr Hurr iField. Also, Qubeley is more liable to get shot at. Whereas Super can just KD *pew* whoever is shooting at him, Qubeley has to go run and hide. Super Gundam has more attack. Yess. Attack is EVERYTHING.

All in all, I’d say that Qubeley does do better than Super in some areas, though it is hard to say which is the better of the two. Maybe you guys can decide.

CGUE ‘Deeparms’

Well, you might be thinking “What? Why CGUE Deeparms?”
I’m gonna include this guy because he’s also a B rank paper with crazy damage. Heck. Attack up and Assault command hurts. Badleh. Not to mention you can get C4 Deeparms’. –Shudder–

So, onto the comparison. Deeparms ends up with an attack stat that exceeds the stat hexagon, as far as I recall. It also has a pretty nice melee that can be chained with the double beam thingeh for some pretty impressive damage. Deeparms also has more defence/HP.

But, Deeparms doesn’t have anything on Super Gundam’s insane weapon damage, nor does it have ballistic weaponry. <Once again, Hurr Hurr iField>

Videos section! - You'd be surprised how hard it was to find good Super Gundam gameplay.

...and now the mandatory advertising of my own videos.

Last edited by Retune; 05-28-2011 at 09:47 PM.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
05-28-2011   #2 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Cosmic BreakFantasy Earth ZeroGunboundMapleStory

Crimsonred is a glorious beacon of lightCrimsonred is a glorious beacon of lightCrimsonred is a glorious beacon of lightCrimsonred is a glorious beacon of lightCrimsonred is a glorious beacon of light
IGN: Meltyred
Class: Wandering

Honestly I would compare it to Gelgoog cannon instead of Qubeley Active cannon.
But nice article regardless.

05-28-2011   #3 (permalink)
┬──┬ノ( -ノ)
Games
Awards Facebook Fan

Retune is just really niceRetune is just really niceRetune is just really niceRetune is just really niceRetune is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimsonred
Honestly I would compare it to Gelgoog cannon instead of Qubeley Active cannon.
But nice article regardless.
I don't know GoogCannon so well, you see :/

I suppose I'll read up on it and add it in sometime this week.

05-28-2011   #4 (permalink)
Retired
Special
Games
SD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterTrickster OnlineLa TaleGunbound
Awards Retired Forum Moderator

zgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to zgmfx19a
IGN: Nek0 / Nek0Yasha(RIP)
Class: Zooks

Quote:
Originally Posted by retune
I don't know GoogCannon so well, you see :/

I suppose I'll read up on it and add it in sometime this week.
IMO, Super and Gelgoog Cannon plays rather differently though. But they make good comparisons.

Ahh, I remember using a this at custom one to troll StrykerX and Falathar in a lulz 2v2 points match. Sure, they had 2 rocks while my team is a paper and scis, but bottom line is, this thing hurts.

A pity it's spec is beam though.

Great article, though similar to Melty, I don't quite get the reason for you comparing it to Qubeley. Better units to compare to will be like, Messala and Schuzrum Dias.

I'll be sticking it later as it is slightly early.

Last edited by zgmfx19a; 05-29-2011 at 10:30 AM.

05-29-2011   #5 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Jaen has a spectacular aura aboutJaen has a spectacular aura about
IGN: Falathar
Class: Scissors, Rocks, Paper

Slightly off topic but can you show me where you're getting those damage numbers for the weapons from?

Also:

Quote:
Originally Posted by zgmfx19a

Ahh, I remember using a this at custom one to troll StrykerX and Falathar in a lulz 2v2 points match. Sure, they had 2 rocks while my team is a paper and scis, but bottom line is, this thing hurts.
That was hax. The amount of damage this thing does is insane.

Last edited by zgmfx19a; 05-29-2011 at 10:31 AM.

05-29-2011   #6 (permalink)
┬──┬ノ( -ノ)
Games
Awards Facebook Fan

http://olgame.gamedb.com.tw/sds/robot_inq.php

-For most suits the 'weapons' tab has weapon damage numbers next to it.

05-29-2011   #7 (permalink)
Ao
天使じゃない!
Games
SD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterLuniaDragon NestElsword
Awards Facebook Fan

Ao has a spectacular aura aboutAo has a spectacular aura aboutAo has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Ao
Class: Rock lt_templar
Level: Double Silver
Guild: Synergy

great article~

makes me want to go roll one ;3

-looks at my CU Dom article- Ok this needs some fixing

http://luciferseal.blogspot.com/ <--- click there for light novel project. Latest update: Volume 4 Released

05-30-2011   #8 (permalink)
銀河美少年
Games
SD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterS4 LeagueFreeJackCabal Online

Kenshiro is a jewel in the roughKenshiro is a jewel in the roughKenshiro is a jewel in the roughKenshiro is a jewel in the rough
IGN: BusterX
Class: Brawler to_fighter
Level: ♦♦♦
Guild: Seven Swords 七劍(HK)/Synergy(TW)

Messala is the grenade king of papers (ReGZ is the grenade king of scissors). Though Messala and Super Gundam are sort of similar, Messala does less damage with the KD beam.

Messala = Moar zooks and grenades, KD blind sniper at mode 2
Super Gundam = Less Zooks (still deadly enough though) and has the Blind Snipe Gun at the same mode as the zooks.
Gelgoog Cannon = Very much like Super Gundam, though this suit has a legit Scope skill which makes it more of a QS unit rather than a blind sniper.

What makes these three very similar is that they have zooks and a snipe weapon.

00 Raiser, 00 7S/G, V2AB, Infinite Justice, HWS v, Master Fuunsaiki, God Fuunsaiki, SR Sazabi, Crossbone X1 Kai, X2 Kai, Harute (Final Mission Type) Stargazer, Crossbone X3, Sazabi

Upcoming projects: Arios Ascalon (100% Complete!), Crossbone X1 Skullheart (100% Complete!)

HIATUS AGAIN!
Playing PSO2
IGN - ホモゲーバスター
Ship 1 - Feoh

05-30-2011   #9 (permalink)
Gluttony Fang
Games
SD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterRagnarok OnlinePerfect WorldPhantasy Star Online 2

Kisaragi has much to be proud ofKisaragi has much to be proud ofKisaragi has much to be proud ofKisaragi has much to be proud ofKisaragi has much to be proud ofKisaragi has much to be proud ofKisaragi has much to be proud ofKisaragi has much to be proud ofKisaragi has much to be proud of
IGN: Excellence
Class: Platinum Lucifer lu_sieg
Level: Ace in Exile
Guild: Harkonen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defiance
(ReGZ is the grenade king of scissors).

Ahem.

| Adventus |

05-30-2011   #10 (permalink)
Ao
天使じゃない!
Games
SD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterLuniaDragon NestElsword
Awards Facebook Fan

Ao has a spectacular aura aboutAo has a spectacular aura aboutAo has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Ao
Class: Rock lt_templar
Level: Double Silver
Guild: Synergy

i feel as if RE-GZ BWS is more balanced

super its nades hit hard, but its melee is also great, and i dont see anything wrong with its rifle

while regleg BR is more spam spam spam spam

http://luciferseal.blogspot.com/ <--- click there for light novel project. Latest update: Volume 4 Released

05-30-2011   #11 (permalink)
┬──┬ノ( -ノ)
Games
Awards Facebook Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kisaragi

Ahem.
._.

Missile piggy is outdated :<

Feg-Nade bombing with better melee and a beamrifle is superior!

05-30-2011   #12 (permalink)
Gluttony Fang
Games
SD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterRagnarok OnlinePerfect WorldPhantasy Star Online 2

Kisaragi has much to be proud ofKisaragi has much to be proud ofKisaragi has much to be proud ofKisaragi has much to be proud ofKisaragi has much to be proud ofKisaragi has much to be proud ofKisaragi has much to be proud ofKisaragi has much to be proud ofKisaragi has much to be proud of

Outdated and still powerful. And has ever-useful def aura. And homings.

ReGZ has a glaring weakness in R mode. Its slow.

| Adventus |

05-30-2011   #13 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Cosmic BreakFantasy Earth ZeroGunboundMapleStory

Crimsonred is a glorious beacon of lightCrimsonred is a glorious beacon of lightCrimsonred is a glorious beacon of lightCrimsonred is a glorious beacon of lightCrimsonred is a glorious beacon of light
IGN: Meltyred
Class: Wandering

You forgot it's super spammy homings....
And also it has RANGE Spec, it's good for trapping multiple enemies.

05-30-2011   #14 (permalink)
銀河美少年
Games

Kenshiro is a jewel in the roughKenshiro is a jewel in the roughKenshiro is a jewel in the roughKenshiro is a jewel in the rough

I still can't compare BR Regelg over ReGZ because the difference in grenade bombing is just too great, though BR Regelg is faster and much more versatile. ReGZ is sort of clunky even with NT awakening, but the grenade spam is very satisfying. BR regelg on the other hand, has a longer ranged zook. If you can aim your Freedom's Xiphias railcannons, you can aim BR Regelg's zook.

tl;dr

BR regelg = outdated, but fast and has homings
ReGZ = superior grenade bombing, has reload up and NT awakening. Beam rifle is a plus too, but kinda slow and the grenades has short range like AS Kyrios.

00 Raiser, 00 7S/G, V2AB, Infinite Justice, HWS v, Master Fuunsaiki, God Fuunsaiki, SR Sazabi, Crossbone X1 Kai, X2 Kai, Harute (Final Mission Type) Stargazer, Crossbone X3, Sazabi

Upcoming projects: Arios Ascalon (100% Complete!), Crossbone X1 Skullheart (100% Complete!)

HIATUS AGAIN!
Playing PSO2
IGN - ホモゲーバスター
Ship 1 - Feoh

05-30-2011   #15 (permalink)
Retired
Special
Games
SD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterTrickster OnlineLa TaleGunbound
Awards Retired Forum Moderator

zgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to zgmfx19a
IGN: Nek0 / Nek0Yasha(RIP)
Class: Zooks

How is Regelg outdated? It is still the best B-scis zooker that TW and HK currently has.

05-31-2011   #16 (permalink)
銀河美少年
Games

I dunno, it got hit by nerfs back then. Still one of the best though. I have a C3 one

HIATUS AGAIN!
Playing PSO2
IGN - ホモゲーバスター
Ship 1 - Feoh

05-31-2011   #17 (permalink)
Gluttony Fang
Games

Nerfs doesn't neccesarily make it bad.

Its just a minor setback. A minor. Its still a past king, and regz had never been one.

| Adventus |

05-31-2011   #18 (permalink)
Rilienthal
Games
MapleStorySD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterTrickster OnlineZero Online

Strikegundam is a splendid one to beholdStrikegundam is a splendid one to beholdStrikegundam is a splendid one to beholdStrikegundam is a splendid one to beholdStrikegundam is a splendid one to beholdStrikegundam is a splendid one to beholdStrikegundam is a splendid one to beholdStrikegundam is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to Strikegundam
IGN: Natsume

i played with both..
i feel BWS suits me style more..
and spammin your w3 behind paper feel so awesome..

05-31-2011   #19 (permalink)
銀河美少年
Games

BR Regelg doesn't have the crunch of ReGZ's grenade spam. Red piggy feels smoother for me though.

(Haha anyway, enough topic derailment from me.)

HIATUS AGAIN!
Playing PSO2
IGN - ホモゲーバスター
Ship 1 - Feoh

05-31-2011   #20 (permalink)
┬──┬ノ( -ノ)
Games
Awards Facebook Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defiance
BR Regelg doesn't have the crunch of ReGZ's grenade spam. Red piggy feels smoother for me though.

(Haha anyway, enough topic derailment from me.)
I like how much this topic got derailed