ggFTW

MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > MMO Games > SD Gundam Capsule Fighter Online > SDGO MS Discussions

Zero Online
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Zero Online

Rating:  

View Poll Results: Can a suit downright suck?
Yes 31 67.39%
No 15 32.61%
Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
11-26-2011   #81 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Awards Facebook Fan

pikachuwei is on a distinguished road
IGN: akzubeth
Level: Bronze Diamond

I have to add that beam MGs are inherently notoriously hard to land all hits with unless both you and your target are standing still. In a dynamic battlefield where everyone is boosting around for cover the opponents won't often be out in the open long enough for all of the beams to hit and you'll have to keep your aim on them the entire time

The point of MGs, both beam and ballistic is that it's easier to land hits with them, as your attack can cover more area and lasts longer than a regular BR shot. The drawback being lower damage per "shot" and difficulty in landing all of the hits.

while on paper Arios has higher damage capabilities, you also have to factor in how the suits play in-game. Yes FAZZ's missiles aren't ARPA fast but they are still a relatively safe and powerful weapon. And yes they are not that hard to dodge when a player is aware of them, but FAZZ is a support suit, you would only be launching the missiles at a target that is already preoccupied with your teammates. A solo FAZZ pre-purge mode is doing it wrong. And if you are given the choice between eating some homings or eating a combo from a rock, noone would choose the latter. The damage will add up. Whereas for Arios to land all of that meaty W3 in it has to expose itself to enemy fire. W2 is better, but it still is a standard BMG with the problem of landing hits and even if you land all of them, the damage is subpar

Plus FAZZ's team buff is good, with booster extension and speed up and radar and search distance up for all team members. And FAZZ's lower base attack stat is partially remedied by having ATK up as skill 1, boosting its attack by 3, giving FAZZ, while not a top tier attack stat, quite decent punching power. Heck Purge mode FAZZ has same attack stat as Arios and FAZZ's 1400 Beam rifle >>> Arios's 999dmg BMG.

Ironically Arios has more def than FAZZ with Trans-Am (+ 4.5 def) though if FAZZ's Beam reduction in Skill 2 is a decent % it wont really matter.

Last edited by pikachuwei; 11-26-2011 at 01:10 AM.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
11-26-2011   #82 (permalink)
ggFTW Moogler

Chsal is on a distinguished road
IGN: Chsal
Level: Bronze Shield.

Quote:
Fast + 2 hit = MA killer
And of course the MA is just going to sit there right?

And this would mean DSHC hard counters MAs. 1850 melee.

Quote:
Defense? This is why i dont trust numbers.
=.=... Facts are more reliable than opinion.

Quote:
Ofc if you dont own/tried the suit, all you would do is to use numbers.
Why do you assume I don't have FAZZ?
Do you really believe anybody who has a different opinion than yours and argues for it has never played X suit before?
And even if I have it, of course my opinion doesn't matter anyway because yours is higher OC right?
Look. If I don't have a suit. And you do have a suit. That doesn't immediately mean you're right.
It means you've had experience, but thats all it means.

And for the record I did have a FAZZ. Played it. Trashed it. Came from that FAZZ and T3 event. Don't remember if it came with skills.

Quote:
ww or something similar.
This dodges FAZZs slow homings quite well too =/. At the very least you dodge half of them. And in other situations doing a circle.

Quote:
you can shoot homings from behind cover. aka more survivability
While Arios has more mobility. To get to safer cover and dodge.

Quote:
BR alex
Don't bring other suits into this. I know Arios is pretty bad. I just think its not as bad as FAZZ.

Quote:
Nobody said that FAZZ was very good
A couple stuff I hear tells me otherwise. Notably people telling others to get FAZZ, and that FAZZ metagame stuff.

Quote:
FAZZ is a support suit
Ok. Right here. So you place FAZZ as a support suit. So why not Arios? If FAZZ can stand there herping its missiles and land all of them, why can't Arios? Why can't Arios follow a team rock around and support damage?

Quote:
ATK up as skill 1
So does Arios.

Quote:
FAZZ's 1400 Beam rifle >>> Arios's 999dmg BMG.
Don't compare a primary weapon to a secondary weapon.

Last edited by Chsal; 11-26-2011 at 01:17 AM.

11-26-2011   #83 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
SD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterCounter-Strike OnlinezOMG!League of Legends
Awards Facebook Fan

xConvict will become famous soon enoughxConvict will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Skype™ to xConvict
Guild: None

If your going to melee head on then your doing it all wrong. You go on top of them when they are busy. MA's cant reach their Head ya know.
Also, i didn't said that you didn't own FAZZ, but I'm sure you haven't played Arios before. Arios main weapon is its weapon 3. And using weapon 3 to its full potential needs all shot to hit. And ofc, you will need to sacrifice its mobility to do that. And again immobile Arios = food.

11-26-2011   #84 (permalink)
ggFTW Moogler

Quote:
You go on top of them when they are busy
You make it sound as if thats easy.

Quote:
i didn't said that you didn't own FAZZ
Quote:
Ofc if you dont own/tried the suit, all you would do is to use numbers
I use numbers with EVERYTHING. I own some of them. So clearly there are people who prefer to use objective facts instead of subjective opinions.

Quote:
Arios main weapon is its weapon 3. And using weapon 3 to its full potential needs all shot to hit
FAZZ needs to land all of its missiles for its full potential. But you know what the difference is?
How effective FAZZs missiles are, depends on how BAD your OPPONENT is. You have no control over it past a certain point.
How effective Arios's W3 is, depends on how GOOD YOU are. If you are good, you can land most of it.

Meanwhile, no matter how good you are with aiming FAZZ missiles, they can still be easily dodged.

Quote:
And ofc, you will need to sacrifice its mobility to do that
You can move. Of course you can't dash, but you can move in a similar fashion to Blue Frame Lohengrin Launcher.

Quote:
And again immobile Arios = food.
immobile Arios acting as a support unit = not food.

Seriously whats with this mad bias towards FAZZ.
Whats been said:
FAZZ is alright because its a SUPPORT UNIT.
FAZZ beats MAs because it can land on top of them while its busy dealing with 2~3 of your teammates. Meanwhile obviously the rest of the opposing team is dead.

Well Arios can be a support unit too, and you know what? It could boost down the MA that happens to be surrounded by 2~3 of your teammates.

11-26-2011   #85 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Awards Facebook Fan

And landing all shots of FAZZ's wep 1 is hard because?

11-26-2011   #86 (permalink)
ggFTW Moogler

Meh speed. Easy to see. Initial outwards trajectory is small, so its not nearly as effective in curving around buildings as boomerangs.

And Arios is hard to aim with because? It takes more practice, sure, but has greater reward.

11-26-2011   #87 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Awards Facebook Fan

Weapon 3 is hard to kite with.
Missiles has nice curving and good reload speed + nice projectile speed. I don't really know why its hard for you to use.
Just curve those missiles. And poke shot with weapon 2. KD with weapon 3. And rape MA's with Fast Melee.

11-26-2011   #88 (permalink)
Gluttony Fang
Games
SD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterRagnarok OnlinePerfect WorldPhantasy Star Online 2

Kisaragi has much to be proud ofKisaragi has much to be proud ofKisaragi has much to be proud ofKisaragi has much to be proud ofKisaragi has much to be proud ofKisaragi has much to be proud ofKisaragi has much to be proud ofKisaragi has much to be proud ofKisaragi has much to be proud of
IGN: Excellence
Class: Platinum Lucifer lu_sieg
Level: Ace in Exile
Guild: Harkonen

I want to punch your face so bad for not being able to use a simple homing weapon.

You're also talking as if the other two weapons on FAZZ can't punch holes.

Arios can boost down MA? VACCINE, WHAT'S THAT ARIOS, I CAN'T HEAR YOU WHEN YOU'RE DEAD

No control over homings after a distance? What are you, so daft that you're not gonna use the other two weapons to help zone? FAZZ uses BEAM RIFLE and HI-MEGA CANNON to primarily dish damage, not the missiles.

Numbers are for noobs. FAZZ is a simple-to-use scissor with a good team buff. Arios is just fodder to rocks. Blah blah blah you can't hit the opponent with the missiles if he dodges. Then you shoot him from his blind side. DUH. And you know what? The bmg can also be dodged by weaving left and right. Suddenly, most hits miss and you get little damage and you can just maul the Arios to death. Boosted down? That's the player's fault for not telegraphing the dash.

| Adventus |

Last edited by Kisaragi; 11-26-2011 at 02:06 AM.

11-26-2011   #89 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Cosmic BreakFantasy Earth ZeroGunboundMapleStory

Crimsonred is a glorious beacon of lightCrimsonred is a glorious beacon of lightCrimsonred is a glorious beacon of lightCrimsonred is a glorious beacon of lightCrimsonred is a glorious beacon of light
IGN: Meltyred
Class: Wandering

Missiles are only use to flush out campers that like to stay in one spot...
Not for massive damage...
Unless the enemy is caught in beam SP.

11-26-2011   #90 (permalink)
銀河美少年
Games
SD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterS4 LeagueFreeJackCabal Online

Kenshiro is a jewel in the roughKenshiro is a jewel in the roughKenshiro is a jewel in the roughKenshiro is a jewel in the rough
IGN: BusterX
Class: Brawler to_fighter
Level: ♦♦♦
Guild: Seven Swords 七劍(HK)/Synergy(TW)

Right click behind wall, move camera, shoot homings. Beam rifle/poke through corners, KD when being chased/team mate being attacked. Purge for lulz.

O hey, FAZZ in a nutshell.

Also, why u be hatin' on Arios? Its about as simple as spamming beam MGs, boost down stuff to run from stuff. Otherwise its a really terrible suit against I-field suits.

00 Raiser, 00 7S/G, V2AB, Infinite Justice, HWS v, Master Fuunsaiki, God Fuunsaiki, SR Sazabi, Crossbone X1 Kai, X2 Kai, Harute (Final Mission Type) Stargazer, Crossbone X3, Sazabi

Upcoming projects: Arios Ascalon (100% Complete!), Crossbone X1 Skullheart (100% Complete!)

HIATUS AGAIN!
Playing PSO2
IGN - ホモゲーバスター
Ship 1 - Feoh

11-26-2011   #91 (permalink)
Gluttony Fang
Games
SD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterRagnarok OnlinePerfect WorldPhantasy Star Online 2

Kisaragi has much to be proud ofKisaragi has much to be proud ofKisaragi has much to be proud ofKisaragi has much to be proud ofKisaragi has much to be proud ofKisaragi has much to be proud ofKisaragi has much to be proud ofKisaragi has much to be proud ofKisaragi has much to be proud of
IGN: Excellence
Class: Platinum Lucifer lu_sieg
Level: Ace in Exile
Guild: Harkonen

Its not that I hate it, its just that I like having FAZZ more in my team than Arios.

Also, FAZZ purge can sometimes actually be quite beneficial. Like against DSHC. Crazy? Yes. Absolutely smashing? Hell yes. FAZZ's beam spec is the few that I actually love, and its hard to escape if properly set up.

Arios may have damage, but it just dies too fast.

| Adventus |

11-26-2011   #92 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

KirovReporting has a spectacular aura aboutKirovReporting has a spectacular aura about
Guild: exMachina

arios is hated cuz it's a suit that gets a ton of damage even when hit by papers

its damage capacity is good, ill give it that much
but its defensiveness(not exactly dependable) and its position(close middle range) just don't work together
and if you do try to get them to work together, it loses a bit of damage capability

or you can try hitting BMG from the limit of its range

FAZZ is better because it does more than enough by just maintaining its buff, and even while hiding behind teammates to keep its buff on, it's weapon arsenal is more than enough to provide support firepower(long-range beam, homing, which don't need the suit to actively go out in front to actually be effective)

arios's arsenal, stats, and position have poor synergy
while FAZZ's arsenal, stats, and position have the best synergy one can ask for

numbers arent everything when regarding suits
Pazabi OCEX Rau Dinn OCEX Rocknanju OC6 HiNu OC6 Scizabi OC6 HWS OC6 GundamMC OC6 BR Rezel OC6 Quess Doga OC6 Char Zaku OC6 Geara Doga OC6 Stark Jegan OC6 Wing EW OC6 NGC OC6 Scinanju OC5 ARPA OC5 BD3 OC5 007 OC5

^all gone/currently have *v*
Rezel OC6 BB senshi hyaku shiki OC6 Kaempfer OC6 Missile GINN OC6 Sinanju OC5 Zabanya SR Ace

Last edited by KirovReporting; 11-26-2011 at 03:16 AM.

11-26-2011   #93 (permalink)
楪 いのり
Games
SD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterGrand ChaseMapleStoryCosmic Break

KanonoXlove is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to KanonoXlove
IGN: XDestinyHikariX/AssaultX
Class: Verstile Type
Guild: Ptolemaois/Synergy

Since when did Arios have more atk and def than FAZZ ? I have both OC 5 Full atk and I find that FAZZ wins over Arios in every aspect . Arios dies a lot faster compared to FAZZ . Even I did a test with my friends of , Take them both to the training field with friends . Lets see how they fare against DSHC . *Invis , 3 hit melee on back* , ARIOS DIED now for FAZZ. *3 hits later* ITSSSSS ALIVE !!!! . Srsly dont count on numbers , when people say Dest`s rifle is bad . I find it as good as other rifles .

11-26-2011   #94 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games

Crimsonred is a glorious beacon of lightCrimsonred is a glorious beacon of lightCrimsonred is a glorious beacon of lightCrimsonred is a glorious beacon of lightCrimsonred is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by KanonoXlove
Since when did Arios have more atk and def than FAZZ ? I have both OC 5 Full atk and I find that FAZZ wins over Arios in every aspect . Arios dies a lot faster compared to FAZZ . Even I did a test with my friends of , Take them both to the training field with friends . Lets see how they fare against DSHC . *Invis , 3 hit melee on back* , ARIOS DIED now for FAZZ. *3 hits later* ITSSSSS ALIVE !!!! . Srsly dont count on numbers , when people say Dest`s rifle is bad . I find it as good as other rifles .
Just try destiny's beam rifle (no OC) in e7
And then use force impulse in e7 (no OC also)
You can find that force impulse kills the grunts faster.

11-26-2011   #95 (permalink)
楪 いのり
Games
SD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterGrand ChaseMapleStoryCosmic Break

KanonoXlove is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to KanonoXlove
IGN: XDestinyHikariX/AssaultX
Class: Verstile Type
Guild: Ptolemaois/Synergy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimsonred
Just try destiny's beam rifle (no OC) in e7
And then use force impulse in e7 (no OC also)
You can find that force impulse kills the grunts faster.
Hey , but Dest`s playstyle isn`t about the rifle only . And what`s the matter that I find it fine ? . From experience , I find Dest`s rifle good . Not to mention I used Dest for more than 400 rounds of PVP .

11-26-2011   #96 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

KirovReporting has a spectacular aura aboutKirovReporting has a spectacular aura about

when you want to see who's weapon does more/less damage, just run a round of mission 7
cept thats all you can find out, how strong a suit's weapon is
Pazabi OCEX Rau Dinn OCEX Rocknanju OC6 HiNu OC6 Scizabi OC6 HWS OC6 GundamMC OC6 BR Rezel OC6 Quess Doga OC6 Char Zaku OC6 Geara Doga OC6 Stark Jegan OC6 Wing EW OC6 NGC OC6 Scinanju OC5 ARPA OC5 BD3 OC5 007 OC5

Rezel OC6 BB senshi hyaku shiki OC6 Kaempfer OC6 Missile GINN OC6 Sinanju OC5 Zabanya SR Ace

11-26-2011   #97 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by KanonoXlove
Hey , but Dest`s playstyle isn`t about the rifle only . And what`s the matter that I find it fine ? . From experience , I find Dest`s rifle good . Not to mention I used Dest for more than 400 rounds of PVP .
The rifle is not S rank average standard.
The suit itself is fine.
It's the rifle that's sub par.

11-26-2011   #98 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

i pointed out the exact reason why arios sux and FAZZ is good
and i think ppl just skipped it
lol

if FAZZ recieves the exact buff HWS recieved(cept the funnels bit), then i swear FAZZ would be goddam top tier scissors

11-26-2011   #99 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by KirovReporting
i pointed out the exact reason why arios sux and FAZZ is good
and i think ppl just skipped it
lol

if FAZZ recieves the exact buff HWS recieved(cept the funnels bit), then i swear FAZZ would be goddam top tier scissors
If that happened....
I will salute softmax since they are showing UC respect.
Full Armour Double Zeta should not be weaker than S Zeta....
Anyway, if you guys want to continue, use S rank thread.

11-26-2011   #100 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Awards Facebook Fan

pikachuwei is on a distinguished road
IGN: akzubeth
Level: Bronze Diamond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chsal
Don't compare a primary weapon to a secondary weapon.
They are both W2. Both primary weapons.

Arios doesnt have infinite ammo for W3 you know....

also KD beams are important for support suits. They allow you to KD enemies attacking your teammates, or allow you to KD that annoying paper melting your rocks. Remember SUPPORT doesnt just mean attacking, it also includes defending.

And FAZZ has a longer range than Arios whcih immediately gives it an edge. Scissors are primarily meant for hunting papers anyway and Arios is horribly outranged by all the paper flashlights. FAZZ's missiles and KD beam both have longer range than beam rifles. And before you say move closer if you do that has a higher chance of putting in you in range of enemy rocks

Last edited by pikachuwei; 11-26-2011 at 10:32 AM.