ggFTW

MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > MMO Games > SD Gundam Capsule Fighter Online > SDGO MS Discussions

Elsword
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Elsword

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
04-16-2011   #1 (permalink)
捕獲神
Games
SD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterLa TaleLeague of LegendsElsword
Awards Facebook Fan

Asuna is a splendid one to beholdAsuna is a splendid one to beholdAsuna is a splendid one to beholdAsuna is a splendid one to beholdAsuna is a splendid one to beholdAsuna is a splendid one to behold
IGN: Elesis
Class: Sword Waifu lt_warrior
Level: 70
Xfire: Balgora
Default [MSoTW] [18/04 - 24/04] Crossbone X1 Gundam

クロスボーン・ガンダムX1
XM-X1 (F97) Crossbone Gundam X-1

Crossbone Gundam X-1 is a pretty advanced S rank rock. Correct me if I'm wrong, but it happens to be also the first S rank rock with a no-dash melee weapon that has no cool down as well. If you're a melee combo/MCA lover, this gundam is definitely worth your time to try out. Oh well, less talking and more information about the suit!

Melee Mode

Weapon 1: Beam Zanber

5 hits before knockdown. Able to chain up to 8 hits.

Nothing super special with this, just your classic melee. Works pretty well when players try to use turn slash. This can be used to chain combo with its other weapons.

Weapon 2: Brand Marker

5 hits before knockdown. No melee dash. Able to chain 10 hits.

One of Crossbone X-1's selling points, making it a tough melee fighter to outmelee. Since this weapon ensures no melee dash, it's possible for players to outmelee others when they're stuck in like a melee cancelling battle. But if the other guy has spec well, damn.

Weapon 3: Scissor Anchor

Combo attack. Boost Down. Knocks down if completed.

I like comboing this before using Brand Marker, because it gives them less chance to run away and Brand marker can keep them in-place. A tip for using this is switch to Brand Marker the instant Scissor Anchor hits, that way to stop the Knockdown effect and smack the opponent a couple times for fun.

Ranged Mode

Weapon 1: Zanbuster

Nothing special as well, it's just a beam rifle. If you have good aiming skills or opponent has low hp, pew pew away. Reload rate is ok, Medium with 8 shots of ammo.

Weapon 2: Zanbuster (Grenade Laucher)

Splash damage. Slow ailment

Somewhat an ok zook attack, I use this more as a finisher. An important thing to do is try to use it when you're closer to the opponent, because the reload rate of this thing will take quite a while, not to mention there's only 1 ammo.

Skills
Veteran Infighter
Defense against long-range weapons and stun weapons is increased. (Mega Particle Cannon, Sniper Rifle, etc.) Prevents knockdown once.

This skill is pretty awesome for Crossbone X-1, giving it paper defense. This skill gives more chances to melee snipers when the skill is active and you haven't been shot by another knockdown beam yet. Unfortunately, this skill only prevents Apsalus II's w2, other stun weapons like Legend's shot gun doesn't appear to be affected at all.

Space Pirate's Conviction
When the unit's HP falls below 50%, attack damage is maximized, defense increases, and boost recovery time decreases.

If you are capable of surviving a long time in this phase, Crossbone X-1's melee will hurt as hell and opponents will regret putting you there (unless they have spec set up just for you). The increased boost recovery can help in case you run out of boost. Increase of defense is, well, tankier lol.

Tips and Strategies

-Stay in Melee mode more than Ranged mode.
Most of the time, ranged mode is just used to harrass and annoy others, but the only good thing about ranged mode happens to be the ranged special attack. Most players tend to stay in Melee mode to chain alot of melee, then finish off by switching to Ranged mode and using ranged special attack. If you do like play in ranged mode, just remember you have very little defense against close range combat while you use Zanbuster.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncharted
as a reminder, this suit is made mostly for fun and fans, it looks awesome, and its melee looks epic, but in large battles u wont be able to use it all along, also w2 on melee mode deals less damage than w1, so just use w2 once to connect again w1
-MCA and Turn slash
Saving boost is an important thing, so use MCA to conserve boost by using w1 to do so. This can also be used to avoid spec if possible. Turn slash is a given, if you don't like using w2 to try and outmelee others.

-Never turn your back on your enemy
When you get crit, even Space Pirate's Conviction won't save you

-Art of Fighting
Combo this skill part with Space Pirate's Conviction, dam that's got to hurt.

-Hexi's How to play a Rock tutorial
Super helpful for beginning rock players, be sure to check it out!

Custom/Over Custom Builds

C hp OC atk
C hp OC def < I went for this one
C atk OC atk

Got these builds from builds in olgame:
sd‹ˆonlineŸ”‡–™庫-Šˆˆ€

Finally, I have three videos, two that are examples of how Crossbone X-1 is played and one showing the bad things a player failed to do.

Videos
Good Gameplay:

Bad Gameplay (you can see alot):

Don't sticky this yet, I just submitted this early.

Last edited by Asuna; 04-16-2011 at 06:58 PM.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
04-16-2011   #2 (permalink)
Ao
天使じゃない!
Games
SD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterLuniaDragon NestElsword
Awards Facebook Fan

Ao has a spectacular aura aboutAo has a spectacular aura aboutAo has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Ao
Class: Rock lt_templar
Level: Double Silver
Guild: Synergy

lurb your mecha lolis

+ good MSoTW

http://luciferseal.blogspot.com/ <--- click there for light novel project. Latest update: Volume 4 Released

04-16-2011   #3 (permalink)
捕獲神
Games
Awards Facebook Fan

Asuna is a splendid one to beholdAsuna is a splendid one to beholdAsuna is a splendid one to beholdAsuna is a splendid one to beholdAsuna is a splendid one to beholdAsuna is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by xLucifer
lurb your mecha lolis

+ good MSoTW
fanks~

04-16-2011   #4 (permalink)
┬──┬ノ( -ノ)
Games
Kingdom of LoathingSD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterAudition 2Fiesta
Awards Facebook Fan

Retune is just really niceRetune is just really niceRetune is just really niceRetune is just really niceRetune is just really nice
IGN: Retune

Lol, how appropriate for the HK players, seeing as X-1 will be coming out for them in a few days time A_A

Nice MSoTW, though I think you could've done a bit of comparison to other Melee-tastic S rank rocks :3

04-16-2011   #5 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Blade & SoulCabal OnlineChampions OnlineCombat Arms

Uncharted is a name known to allUncharted is a name known to allUncharted is a name known to allUncharted is a name known to allUncharted is a name known to allUncharted is a name known to all

as a reminder, this suit is made mostly for fun and fans, it looks awesome, and its melee looks epic, but in large battles u wont be able to use it all along, also w2 on melee mode deals less damage than w1, so just use w2 once to connect again w1

04-16-2011   #6 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Cosmic BreakFantasy Earth ZeroGunboundMapleStory

Crimsonred is a glorious beacon of lightCrimsonred is a glorious beacon of lightCrimsonred is a glorious beacon of lightCrimsonred is a glorious beacon of lightCrimsonred is a glorious beacon of light
IGN: Meltyred
Class: Wandering

Nice MSoTW
Though I wonder how big is the meele range of X1's wep1 since it's hard to identify playing against X1 with my lag....

Another example of good crossbone (Crazy switch speed)

Last edited by Crimsonred; 04-16-2011 at 06:16 PM.

04-16-2011   #7 (permalink)
Gluttony Fang
Games
SD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterRagnarok OnlinePerfect WorldPhantasy Star Online 2

Kisaragi has much to be proud ofKisaragi has much to be proud ofKisaragi has much to be proud ofKisaragi has much to be proud ofKisaragi has much to be proud ofKisaragi has much to be proud ofKisaragi has much to be proud ofKisaragi has much to be proud ofKisaragi has much to be proud of
IGN: Excellence
Class: Platinum Lucifer lu_sieg
Level: Ace in Exile
Guild: Harkonen

I kinda wonder, can you chain at a max 17 hits for mode 1?

7x w1 and 10x w2

| Adventus |

04-16-2011   #8 (permalink)
捕獲神
Games
Awards Facebook Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by retune
Lol, how appropriate for the HK players, seeing as X-1 will be coming out for them in a few days time A_A

Nice MSoTW, though I think you could've done a bit of comparison to other Melee-tastic S rank rocks :3
I'll think about it, might include in a few hours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncharted
Will mention that in the guide.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimsonred
Nice MSoTW
Though I wonder how big is the meele range of X1's wep1 since it's hard to identify playing against X1 with my lag....

Another example of good crossbone (Crazy switch speed)
I need that D:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kisaragi

7x w1 and 10x w2
If you wanna test, I have an alt account with Crossbone X1 in it.

Last edited by Asuna; 04-16-2011 at 06:58 PM.

04-16-2011   #9 (permalink)
Gluttony Fang
Games
SD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterRagnarok OnlinePerfect WorldPhantasy Star Online 2

Kisaragi has much to be proud ofKisaragi has much to be proud ofKisaragi has much to be proud ofKisaragi has much to be proud ofKisaragi has much to be proud ofKisaragi has much to be proud ofKisaragi has much to be proud ofKisaragi has much to be proud ofKisaragi has much to be proud of

Well, not that its practical to do in an actual battle. Its just nice to know how many hits will lead to a kd.

| Adventus |

04-16-2011   #10 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Blade & SoulCabal OnlineChampions OnlineCombat Arms

Uncharted is a name known to allUncharted is a name known to allUncharted is a name known to allUncharted is a name known to allUncharted is a name known to allUncharted is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kisaragi

7x w1 and 10x w2
nope, u cant, they stack best combo is w1x4, w1 x2/3 and w3 as finishing move

04-16-2011   #11 (permalink)
Rilienthal
Games
MapleStorySD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterTrickster OnlineZero Online

Strikegundam is a splendid one to beholdStrikegundam is a splendid one to beholdStrikegundam is a splendid one to beholdStrikegundam is a splendid one to beholdStrikegundam is a splendid one to beholdStrikegundam is a splendid one to beholdStrikegundam is a splendid one to beholdStrikegundam is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to Strikegundam
IGN: Natsume

not sure about the practical use of stack combo..
have a look at 0:33-1:06
but i doubt the guy would just stand there and let you hit him in real battle..

04-17-2011   #12 (permalink)
捕獲神
Games
Awards Facebook Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strikegundam
not sure about the practical use of stack combo..
have a look at 0:33-1:06
but i doubt the guy would just stand there and let you hit him in real battle..
^It's true that other players might spec or figure out a way to break out of it.

Usually doing this is a very rare case, like someone with bad internet connection or is so terrible at playing not worth mentioning.

04-17-2011   #13 (permalink)
Gluttony Fang
Games

^Or you plain know the other person doesnt have spec and punish them for their impundence

| Adventus |

04-17-2011   #14 (permalink)
┬──┬ノ( -ノ)
Games
Kingdom of LoathingSD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterAudition 2Fiesta
Awards Facebook Fan

Retune is just really niceRetune is just really niceRetune is just really niceRetune is just really niceRetune is just really nice
IGN: Retune

^ That guy is pretty damn good at using Epyon .o.

04-17-2011   #15 (permalink)
Retired
Special
Games
SD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterTrickster OnlineLa TaleGunbound
Awards Retired Forum Moderator

zgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to zgmfx19a
IGN: Nek0 / Nek0Yasha(RIP)
Class: Zooks

Quote:
^ That guy is pretty damn good at using Epyon .o.
Agreed. Very very impressive play.

His ability to handle two enemies alone at melee range is quite spectacular.

Last edited by zgmfx19a; 04-17-2011 at 12:30 AM.

04-17-2011   #16 (permalink)
Rilienthal
Games

Strikegundam is a splendid one to beholdStrikegundam is a splendid one to beholdStrikegundam is a splendid one to beholdStrikegundam is a splendid one to beholdStrikegundam is a splendid one to beholdStrikegundam is a splendid one to beholdStrikegundam is a splendid one to beholdStrikegundam is a splendid one to behold

I wish i can play like that with my epyon...

04-17-2011   #17 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Cosmic BreakFantasy Earth ZeroGunboundMapleStory

Crimsonred is a glorious beacon of lightCrimsonred is a glorious beacon of lightCrimsonred is a glorious beacon of lightCrimsonred is a glorious beacon of lightCrimsonred is a glorious beacon of light
IGN: Meltyred
Class: Wandering

How ironic that the song is about black rock shooter yet he doesn't shoot at all.....

04-17-2011   #18 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict
Games
SD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterS4 LeagueMonster Hunter FrontierGuild Wars

mechmaster90 is on a distinguished road
IGN: Majin/MajinFR

Very nice review, I really love Crossbone and I love combo units
That Epyon video is indeed really impressive, I remember another vid that was really cool :
http://youtu.be/FeBSNn0_Rsc

The last round is epic, and so is that duel with the Unicorn

Oh and I've seen trolly builds like max SP (c+oc2 or 3) then ATK... ranged spec hurts xD

Quote:

Did you mean TW players ? I'm soooo waiting for the plans to come out in TW *-*

Last edited by mechmaster90; 04-17-2011 at 01:42 PM.

04-17-2011   #19 (permalink)
Rilienthal
Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechmaster90
Did you mean TW players ? I'm soooo waiting for the plans to come out in TW *-*
i am pretty sure about HK getting X1 plan release first..
TW is slow for releasing S rank plan...

04-17-2011   #20 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict
Games
SD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterS4 LeagueMonster Hunter FrontierGuild Wars

mechmaster90 is on a distinguished road
IGN: Majin/MajinFR

Oh ok, I thought HK already had them.