ggFTW

MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > MMO Games > SD Gundam Capsule Fighter Online > SDGO MS Discussions

Elsword
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Elsword

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
01-09-2011   #1 (permalink)
Retired
Special
Games
SD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterTrickster OnlineLa TaleGunbound
Awards Retired Forum Moderator

zgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to zgmfx19a
IGN: Nek0 / Nek0Yasha(RIP)
Class: Zooks
Default [MSoTW] [10/01 - 16/01] RE-GZ BWS

MSoTW: RE-GZ BWS
By zgmfx19a/Nek0

Introduction
My decision to do this MS stems from my personal love for it. When people talk about B-ranked scissors, people usually talk about Gold-Frame Amatsu, BR Zaku III or BR Regelg, and often overlooked RE-GZ, which imo is the most versatile B scissors ever made, since has a weapon set that works in nearly all situations. As such, I've decided to do my MSoTW on it.

RE-GZ has two forms, starting in MA mode, then purging into MS mode when you do mode change. You can't change back into MA mode after the purge, so take note.

Weapons
I won't bore you with the general stuff, since the information is above, and will talk a little more in depth about them instead.

Let's talk about the MA mode's weapon first. They are generally low in attack. W1 is a dual shot beam rifles from either side of the MA, and frankly only scratches your opponent most of the time. W2 is your standard knockdown beam weapon, but take note that it's actual hit area/thickness is not as thick as what the animation suggest. Despite it shown to have roughly the same thickness as say, a T3's beam buster, it's actual thickness is more akin to say, Super Gundam's w3. As such, keep that in mind when you are firing, since it is a lot more easier to miss than you would think. Beam spec gives this unit options. I'll say this mode excels more in space, or when you are looking for mobility. Do take note that W2 reloads rather slowly until reload up has activated.

The MS mode is my preferred mode though. W1 is a 4-hit melee which is superb for a B-Scissors, and quite possibly trumps some of it's rock peers. It's first hit has great speed, decent to cancel, and has an acceptable strike area. Generally, you will not find yourself on the losing end if you are meleeing against other scissors and papers.

W2 has a delay between clicking and firing, which makes it quite cranky and hard to fire for those who are used to your typical scissors beam rifle. However, it is your beam option in MS mode, and it hits reasonably far once NT-awakening has activated.

W3 is probably the star of of the MS mode. Impressively painful, fires blazingly quick, and has a cooldown of only 2 rifle shots. Chains well after 3 hits of melee, or if you feel like doing zook play, it will work too.

Skills
A really good set of skill in the right order for BWS. Reload Up at skill 1 ensures that your Mode1's W2 or Mode2's W3 hits their optimum reload rate within the early game. After taking some damage, skill 2 comes into play with the all important radar and boost increase that will supplement Mode2's weapon set and playing style. There is really nothing I can complain about it. NT-Awakening is one of the best skills you can give a B rank.

Detailed Analysis
I am not quite sure how people view it, but to me, RE-GZ represents the toolbox of the B-Scissors family, being able to do a decent job in all maps and situations. However, I personally feel that with the synergy of W1 and W3 in Mode2, it's niche area is a close-ranged melee Scissors that works extremely well against your typical papers.

Ideally, Mode2 should be the preferred option for the play style, but Mode1 gives the user options especially when they are dealing with space fights. Mode1's mobility, coupled with the quick firing of W1 and range of W2, ensures that the player will not be in too big a disadvantage when they are fighting against opponents with flashlights, funnels and homings. Beam spec is generally more effective and easier to hit in space as well.

Mode2 however, presents a nightmare to most paper player. Typically, most papers face serious problems when fighting close range, but their natural advantage and ranged weapons ensures that they still hold the upperhand against rocks. Not to mention, a common solution to incoming rocks is to bunny hop and waste a rock's boost by forcing them to do vertical boosts. As such, papers still hold the advantage when they are facing against your typical rocks.

However, RE-GZ eliminates and bypasses most of these problems. Firstly, it holds the natural advantage against papers, giving it a "longer" life against papers. Secondly, Mode1 allows the RE-GZ player to retaliate against the papers while it moves swiftly towards the papers to prepare for the close range fight. Lastly, it has a good amount of both horizontal and vertical boost when it is improved by NT-Awakening, making it almost on par with rocks on the horizontal boost, but winning most rocks on the vertical boost.

W1 and W3 on Mode2 is a good indicator that you should really be duking it out with the scissors and papers at close range. You should out-melee most scissors and papers, and also deal quick painful damage when you put W3 into the equation.

Also note that in Mode2, it presents you a weapon against nearly all situations. W1 and W3 ensures that you do well in small cramped maps like the 8-gate. W2 allows you to ignore Phase-Shift, while W3 bypasses I-fields and the likes. Add on to Mode1's W2 for far range capabilities, and you have a truly versatile toolbox that excels in close range, and can still perform decently in all other situations. It won't be replacing Amatsu in your heavenly kings for B ranks, but it will still do a pretty damn good job for casual games.

(My) Playing Style
My playing style is to use BWS in rooms without S ranks, as an option to hard-counter papers in a room that is filled with papers and scissors. Typically, my style of play is to move in quickly towards the enemy papers in MA mode, while trading a few shots of W2 with them. Once in range, switch to Mode2, and began to chase the papers with melee or pelt them with W3. RE-GZ does really well against lone papers, and a single combo of three strikes of W1 + fully unloaded W3 will deal critical damage, if not take out the full HP bar of a paper.

Remember that even though you are a scissors, your melee and W3 in Mode2 allows you to pile the pressure on the opposite teams by rushing together with fellow rocks. You can easily support a rock when it is meleed by opponent rocks, or in the case where the opponents are caught by your allies, you can stop your meleeing and firing W3 to pile on the damage. Also, having 1 more MS at close range distracts the opponents, and ensures that your rocks will have an easier time and higher survival when you rush into their base as a group.

I'll recommend against using it in unrestricted rooms, since most S-rocks will probably OHKO you in an instant. However, it is still pretty wicked against your S-papers, so you can still bring it out in a paper dominated room.

For Custom and OC, I'll say either all attack or speed-attack are viable options.

Comparisons against other B-Scissors
There is only 1 other scissors that I can think of that come close to doing what RE-GZ can do, which is BD3. BD3 has a similar weapon set as RE-GZ's Mode2.

Admittedly, BD3 will probably deal better overall damage with EXAM and Attack up. It has a smoother W2, and an AOE spec to boot. I must say, BD3 is a pretty solid choice as well.

However, it's W1 still lose out to RE-GZ, and is probably only on par, if not slightly better with EXAM activated. One will probably play BD3 as your standard typical scissors instead. RE-GZ offers Mode1 which BD3 cannot provide, and is a huge gift in huge maps or space.

Outside of BD3, I really cannot think of another unit that can do what RE-GZ does. GP02 can probably trump RE-GZ in terms of a melee scissors, but RE-GZ is overall more balanced.

Gameplay Videos
This is my typical RE-GZ play, though it is not good. Ignore my beam accuracy, because if you don't know already, I sucked with them, and Mode2's W2 lag makes it worse. Boost management is a lot more difficult as a scissors, especially without NT-Awakening on. The BWS in the video is at OC4 with all points in attack. Slightly off topic, I think the beats of the song fits in nicely with the second match, even though it wasn't deliberate.

Showcases an almost MA-mode only play, by 小狼. A rather old video, but his skill is impressive nevertheless. However, there are times where it would have been better if he purged. Also, note the low damage output of W1 in Mode1.

TW's unique MS-mode only RE-GZ (though I think it is fixed by now). Look at how it still does decently well against rocks in close range.

And that is all for my MSoTW, hope you guys enjoyed it. Hopefully, for those who don't play with RE-GZ often, or still doesn't have one, this MSoTW will spur you guys to try it. Any discussion on this unit, especially my playing style, is welcomed.

Last edited by zgmfx19a; 01-09-2011 at 04:54 AM.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
01-09-2011   #2 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Cosmic BreakFantasy Earth ZeroGunboundMapleStory

Crimsonred is a glorious beacon of lightCrimsonred is a glorious beacon of lightCrimsonred is a glorious beacon of lightCrimsonred is a glorious beacon of lightCrimsonred is a glorious beacon of light
IGN: Meltyred
Class: Wandering

Nice review, and I noticed you play with the RE-GZ like you would with the TW-version...
No MA mode action, just pure rushing grenade spam.

01-09-2011   #3 (permalink)
銀河美少年
Games
SD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterS4 LeagueFreeJackCabal Online

Kenshiro is a jewel in the roughKenshiro is a jewel in the roughKenshiro is a jewel in the roughKenshiro is a jewel in the rough
IGN: BusterX
Class: Brawler to_fighter
Level: ♦♦♦
Guild: Seven Swords 七劍(HK)/Synergy(TW)

Reminds me of Messala from the paper department. I'm not so sure now whether BR Regelg would retain its place as my B rank scissor. The grenade bombing is pretty hax, and it's skill/weapon set pretty much trumps BR Regelg already.

I'll get one of these when I get the chance. Definitely.

00 Raiser, 00 7S/G, V2AB, Infinite Justice, HWS v, Master Fuunsaiki, God Fuunsaiki, SR Sazabi, Crossbone X1 Kai, X2 Kai, Harute (Final Mission Type) Stargazer, Crossbone X3, Sazabi

Upcoming projects: Arios Ascalon (100% Complete!), Crossbone X1 Skullheart (100% Complete!)

HIATUS AGAIN!
Playing PSO2
IGN - ホモゲーバスター
Ship 1 - Feoh

01-09-2011   #4 (permalink)
Retired
Special
Games

zgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimsonred
Nice review, and I noticed you play with the RE-GZ like you would with the TW-version...
No MA mode action, just pure rushing grenade spam.
I generally don't touch MA-mode much unless I need it's W2.

MS-mode does better in overall damage output.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreddieMercury
Reminds me of Messala from the paper department. I'm not so sure now whether BR Regelg would retain its place as my B rank scissor. The grenade bombing is pretty hax, and it's skill/weapon set pretty much trumps BR Regelg already.

I'll get one of these when I get the chance. Definitely.
Regelg is still better in zooking though. RE-GZ is just a better Jack-of-all-trades.

01-09-2011   #5 (permalink)
銀河美少年
Games

Kenshiro is a jewel in the roughKenshiro is a jewel in the roughKenshiro is a jewel in the roughKenshiro is a jewel in the rough

BR Regelg may have a faster zook and lots of homing rockets, but it doesn't really function well in every situation. RE-Gz however, can play in all of those areas, which makes it somewhat better than BR Regelg. I'd consider them almost a tie, since both are really excellent scissors.

00 Raiser, 00 7S/G, V2AB, Infinite Justice, HWS v, Master Fuunsaiki, God Fuunsaiki, SR Sazabi, Crossbone X1 Kai, X2 Kai, Harute (Final Mission Type) Stargazer, Crossbone X3, Sazabi

Upcoming projects: Arios Ascalon (100% Complete!), Crossbone X1 Skullheart (100% Complete!)

HIATUS AGAIN!
Playing PSO2
IGN - ホモゲーバスター
Ship 1 - Feoh

01-09-2011   #6 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

KirovReporting has a spectacular aura aboutKirovReporting has a spectacular aura about
Guild: exMachina

i somehow find its missile range too short
well, just saying u have to get too close to rocks, just the distance where they can hop over to u and start slashing
not that a smart person would go hunting rocks and not papers
Pazabi OCEX Rau Dinn OCEX Rocknanju OC6 HiNu OC6 Scizabi OC6 HWS OC6 GundamMC OC6 BR Rezel OC6 Quess Doga OC6 Char Zaku OC6 Geara Doga OC6 Stark Jegan OC6 Wing EW OC6 NGC OC6 Scinanju OC5 ARPA OC5 BD3 OC5 007 OC5

^all gone/currently have *v*
Rezel OC6 BB senshi hyaku shiki OC6 Kaempfer OC6 Missile GINN OC6 Sinanju OC5 Zabanya SR Ace

01-09-2011   #7 (permalink)
Gluttony Fang
Games
SD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterRagnarok OnlinePerfect WorldPhantasy Star Online 2

Kisaragi has much to be proud ofKisaragi has much to be proud ofKisaragi has much to be proud ofKisaragi has much to be proud ofKisaragi has much to be proud ofKisaragi has much to be proud ofKisaragi has much to be proud ofKisaragi has much to be proud ofKisaragi has much to be proud of
IGN: Excellence
Class: Platinum Lucifer lu_sieg
Level: Ace in Exile
Guild: Harkonen

There's a reason why BR Regelg is still lumped with the b rank kings. Its the damage.

tbh, my biggest problem with ReGZ is the speed in purged. Its extremely painful to move around when I'm in purged, which is why I prefer Amatu and BD3 over ReGZ. Grenades sure do shitloads of damage, and the melee might be fast, but the melee is horrendously low-ranged.

Not that its all that bad, but its just... average today. I want to like ReGZ, honest, but IMO BD3 is just plain better. BD3 has the same first swing as BD2, giving it a leverage in melee, and it reaches out tad bit further, which is important.

ReGZ just tears me apart with which form to use. If I stay in normal, I have a great moving speed but low damage. If I purge, I'll lose long-range capabilities and speed but gain extremely good damage.

| Adventus |

01-09-2011   #8 (permalink)
Retired
Special
Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by KirovReporting
i somehow find its missile range too short
well, just saying u have to get too close to rocks, just the distance where they can hop over to u and start slashing
not that a smart person would go hunting rocks and not papers
An increase to the missile range will make it rather cheap though, considering it's low reload time.

01-09-2011   #9 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Cosmic BreakFantasy Earth ZeroGunboundMapleStory

Crimsonred is a glorious beacon of lightCrimsonred is a glorious beacon of lightCrimsonred is a glorious beacon of lightCrimsonred is a glorious beacon of lightCrimsonred is a glorious beacon of light
IGN: Meltyred
Class: Wandering

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kisaragi
ReGZ just tears me apart with which form to use. If I stay in normal, I have a great moving speed but low damage. If I purge, I'll lose long-range capabilities and speed but gain extremely good damage.
This is why I liked the lol TW version.

01-09-2011   #10 (permalink)
銀河美少年
Games

I can pretty much see now why Nek0 love the RE-Gz so much. It's like an AR Dynames with better boost and hax bombs that reload quite fast.

HIATUS AGAIN!
Playing PSO2
IGN - ホモゲーバスター
Ship 1 - Feoh

01-09-2011   #11 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

KirovReporting has a spectacular aura aboutKirovReporting has a spectacular aura about
Guild: exMachina

Quote:
Originally Posted by zgmfx19a
An increase to the missile range will make it rather cheap though, considering it's low reload time.
true
so true
but still too close to that dozle's heat hawk
Pazabi OCEX Rau Dinn OCEX Rocknanju OC6 HiNu OC6 Scizabi OC6 HWS OC6 GundamMC OC6 BR Rezel OC6 Quess Doga OC6 Char Zaku OC6 Geara Doga OC6 Stark Jegan OC6 Wing EW OC6 NGC OC6 Scinanju OC5 ARPA OC5 BD3 OC5 007 OC5

^all gone/currently have *v*
Rezel OC6 BB senshi hyaku shiki OC6 Kaempfer OC6 Missile GINN OC6 Sinanju OC5 Zabanya SR Ace