ggFTW

MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > MMO Games > SD Gundam Capsule Fighter Online > SDGO MS Discussions

Elsword
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Elsword

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
12-12-2010   #1 (permalink)
Raven
Games
SD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterKingdom of Loathing

StrykerX will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to StrykerX
IGN: StrykyX
Class: Raven lt_blader
Level: Derp
Guild: En Garde
Default [MSotW][13/12 - 19/12] Gundam F91

I, StrykerX, am proud to present to you the MS of the Week, Gundam F91~

[Intro]
Gundam F91 was once one of the most versatile and as some might call it, hax suits in the game. But after several recent nerfs, it has since lost much of its reputation. And is even underestimated by some. Despite all that, it remains one of the most versatile and one of the fastest suits in the game.Equipped with an arsenal of both shell and beam weaponry and capable of out-meleeing most rocks, F91 is also able to engage in combat from any range and adapt to almost any situation which makes Gundam F91 your chameleon in the battlefield.

Suit HP -------14.70
Attack -------19.20
Defence -------18.90
Special -------21.30
Agility -------15.60
Speed -------26.70
Overall -------116.40

Movement: Walking in normal mode, Hover in MePE(Metal Peel-off Effect) mode

[Weapons]

Normal Mode
Your default mode after spawning. This mode contains the bulk of you ranged weapons and haas no melee weapon in it.
Properties of Normal Mode:
- Beam Rifle is automatically selected after spawn.
- V.S.B.R is automatically selected after a spec.
- Shields are only present in weapons 1 and 2 of this mode and is located at your left arm.
- F91 uses beam SP while in this mode.

Weapon 1 Mega Machine-Cannons
Ammo Count: 12 Reload: 4 seconds(Reloads only after clip is emptied)
Your one and only shell weapon. Despite the recent nerf remains quite powerful. Very useful against opponents with veteran ranger or I-Field. Reloads relatively fast and has a range just short of a regular beam rifle. Making it a very spammable and useful damage-dealing weapon. Blocked by Veteran Sniper.

Weapon 2 Beam Rifle
Ammo Count: 12 Reload: 2 seconds/shot
The trademark gundam weapon is also available on the F91!! No surprise here. This is quite a decent weapon as the damage it does is quite high. This also has a very good feel, much like a scissor beam rifle. Its firing speed is quite fast and the fire delay is next to none. Making this one of the better beam rifles in game. Blocked by Veteran Sniper.

Weapon 3 V.S.B.R(Variable Speed Beam Rifle)
Ammo Count: 1 Reload: 7 seconds
Your long range Knock Down beam. Does fairly decent damage and reloads at a decent rate, making it both spammable and deadly. The firing delay is also relatively short, making it harder to miss. Very useful in saving yours or your teammate's ass from rush crazy rocks. Also penetrates. Meaning you can hit all of your enemies at once....if they're stupid enough... Blocked by Veteran Infighter.

MepE Mode
The mode you go into after pressing R(duh!), this mode grants you better mobility and a new weapon set which includes an epic melee weapon. Very useful for going around the map as the afterimages help you dodge pew pew flash lights and other long range weapons.
Properties of MePe Mode:
- Dual Beam Sabres is your default weapon, meaning when you switch to this mode or after a spec, Dual Beam Sabres will be automatically selected from your weapons inventory.
- Shields are only present in Weapon 2 in this mode and is located at your left arm.
- You will gain additional boost duration and create afterimages while boosting.
- F91 uses melee SP while in this mode.

Weapon 1 Dual Beam Sabres
Ammo Count: N/A Reload: N/A
The un-paper like melee that makes this suit so nice. This resembles more like a rock melee than a paper melee both in melee speed and number of hits. Despite its short-ish melee range(not butterknife range, please...), it is still relatively easy to kill with since you will have an easy time getting up close and personal with your extended boost and afterimages. Blocked by Veteran Ranger

Weapon 2 Beam Launcher
Ammo Count: 8 Reload: 3 seconds/shot
Your ranged weapon in MePE mode. This being a beam bazooka, has a really good range which lets you out shoot most if not all beam rifles. But unlike most beam zooks, this thing has a very short delay when shooting. It is almost as short as a beam rifle delay. Its reload speed also allows you to spam this to some extent. Blocked by Veteran Sniper.

[Skills]
1) Attack Up

The unit's attack power is increased.

2) Biocomputer

Movement speed is increased + Boost duration is slightly increased + Defense against mid-range weapons is increased, when the HP of the unit drops below 70%.

[Synergy]
Attack up and Biocomputer synergises well with each other as well as the suit. Both of them further increases the F91's potential as an effective hit and run suit as well as boosting overall survivability and damage dealt.

[Custom Builds]
1. Full ATK
The most common F91 build that players use, although I personally am not using this build. The idea behind this build is that since F91 is an hit and run suit, why not hit harder before getting the f*** out? Also lets you engage in long range combat more effectively as this build allows you to outgun most high damage beamers.

2. C HP, OC ATK
Another effective build for F91. Although this build lacks firepower compared to full on ATK, it makes up with increased survivability and SP resistance and since you will probably be rushing alot, you're bound to get SPed alot.

3. C AGI, OC ATK/Full AGI
Not sure about full AGI.... I just read it somewhere in the forums. But I am using the C AGI, OC ATK myself. Since F91 has kinda low base AGI, 15.6.....compared to Wing Gundam Zero(EW) which has base AGI of like 18?? The adding of AGI lets you react faster, which means smoother MCA/SS, less shooting delay and less boost delay.

[Strategies]
There isnt really any fixed strategies for Gundam F91 as it is very adaptive. The most effective strategy for it however, is to hit and run. F91 is a speed demon and you need to abuse it. Both skills also point toward this strategy. Increasing both your destructive potential and also your speed to enable you to hit harder and run faster.

But to utilise this strategy effectively, one must be familliar with action cancel. This is to minimise time exposed if you miss your melee so that you will make it out there alive and hopefully take minimal damage. I personally use the C AGI, OC ATK build for this because the higher AGI smoothens action cancel and allows me to wing it faster. It also allows me to be on-par if not better than most rocks in a melee situation.

[Personal Opinions]
In a nutshell, Gundam F91 is a very versatile suit and can be very devastating in the right hands. Able to handle itself in almost any situation and possesing incredible speed, it has been my favorite suit since I got it.

One minor setback of Gundam F91 is that it has mid-low hp/def. Although not enough to make it squishy, this does limit your options while rushing. So the only way to play it effecively is with your team. A solitary F91 is a dead F91. If you want to tank or go solo, this is not for you.

Last edited by StrykerX; 12-13-2010 at 02:07 AM.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
12-12-2010   #2 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

KirovReporting has a spectacular aura aboutKirovReporting has a spectacular aura about
Guild: exMachina

it doesnt need agility because
1. in its normal mode, it doesnt need much, and without much agi, its VSBR reacts fast enough
2. in its MepE mode, it gets a much higher agility(15.6 becomes 21.6), so no worries there
Pazabi OCEX Rau Dinn OCEX Rocknanju OC6 HiNu OC6 Scizabi OC6 HWS OC6 GundamMC OC6 BR Rezel OC6 Quess Doga OC6 Char Zaku OC6 Geara Doga OC6 Stark Jegan OC6 Wing EW OC6 NGC OC6 Scinanju OC5 ARPA OC5 BD3 OC5 007 OC5

^all gone/currently have *v*
Rezel OC6 BB senshi hyaku shiki OC6 Kaempfer OC6 Missile GINN OC6 Sinanju OC5 Zabanya SR Ace

12-12-2010   #3 (permalink)
Raven
Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by KirovReporting
it doesnt need agility because
1. in its normal mode, it doesnt need much, and without much agi, its VSBR reacts fast enough
2. in its MepE mode, it gets a much higher agility(15.6 becomes 21.6), so no worries there
maybe.... but i recall that i have seen the full AGI build mentioned by someone somewhere in the forum

12-12-2010   #4 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Cosmic BreakFantasy Earth ZeroGunboundMapleStory

Crimsonred is a glorious beacon of lightCrimsonred is a glorious beacon of lightCrimsonred is a glorious beacon of lightCrimsonred is a glorious beacon of lightCrimsonred is a glorious beacon of light
IGN: Meltyred
Class: Wandering

F91 has almost has a veteran sniper already as biocomputer, evil at mid range, unless enemies are feg OC level suits...
One the better S rank papers, though not the best...

12-12-2010   #5 (permalink)
Raven
Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimsonred
F91 has almost has a veteran sniper already as biocomputer, evil at mid range, unless enemies are feg OC level suits...
One the better S rank papers, though not the best...
it was one of the best......untill those fegs decided to nerf it.....TWICE

12-12-2010   #6 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games

Crimsonred is a glorious beacon of lightCrimsonred is a glorious beacon of lightCrimsonred is a glorious beacon of lightCrimsonred is a glorious beacon of lightCrimsonred is a glorious beacon of light

But yet they never nerfed HAC, or GNAD.....
Great "Balancing" softmax, way to go!

12-12-2010   #7 (permalink)
Rilienthal
Games
MapleStorySD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterTrickster OnlineZero Online

Strikegundam is a splendid one to beholdStrikegundam is a splendid one to beholdStrikegundam is a splendid one to beholdStrikegundam is a splendid one to beholdStrikegundam is a splendid one to beholdStrikegundam is a splendid one to beholdStrikegundam is a splendid one to beholdStrikegundam is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to Strikegundam
IGN: Natsume

Quote:
Very useful for going around the map as the afterimages help you dodge pew pew flash lights and other long range weapons.
This is not really true as people just use auto aim to get you...
Purpose of afterimages are making it hard for enemies to melee you

12-12-2010   #8 (permalink)
Raven
Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strikegundam
This is not really true as people just use auto aim to get you...
Purpose of afterimages are making it hard for enemies to melee you
true, but afterimages also slows down auto aim cuz the crosshair tends to linger at the image for a few

12-12-2010   #9 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
SD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterS4 League

Zeomn is on a distinguished road
IGN: Raiven

On the bright side, I'm just happy they didn't decide to take away it's after images lol

and HACs have been nerfed... they got their ammo nerfed... which is in no way even comparable to the injustice they've done to f91 by taking away it's boost without biocomp

12-13-2010   #10 (permalink)
┬──┬ノ( -ノ)
Games
Kingdom of LoathingSD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterAudition 2Fiesta
Awards Facebook Fan

Retune is just really niceRetune is just really niceRetune is just really niceRetune is just really niceRetune is just really nice
IGN: Retune

C HP OC DEF works pretty well if you want to be more of a ranged turtle.

12-13-2010   #11 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeomn
On the bright side, I'm just happy they didn't decide to take away it's after images lol

and HACs have been nerfed... they got their ammo nerfed... which is in no way even comparable to the injustice they've done to f91 by taking away it's boost without biocomp
Ammo nerf? well they should nerf the ammo more, does too much damage anyway....

12-13-2010   #12 (permalink)
┬──┬ノ( -ノ)
Games
Awards Facebook Fan

Retune is just really niceRetune is just really niceRetune is just really niceRetune is just really niceRetune is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimsonred
Ammo nerf? well they should nerf the ammo more, does too much damage anyway....
Sorry, misread.

Last edited by Retune; 12-13-2010 at 05:37 AM.

12-13-2010   #13 (permalink)
Gluttony Fang
Games
SD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterRagnarok OnlinePerfect WorldPhantasy Star Online 2

Kisaragi has much to be proud ofKisaragi has much to be proud ofKisaragi has much to be proud ofKisaragi has much to be proud ofKisaragi has much to be proud ofKisaragi has much to be proud ofKisaragi has much to be proud ofKisaragi has much to be proud ofKisaragi has much to be proud of
IGN: Excellence
Class: Platinum Lucifer lu_sieg
Level: Ace in Exile
Guild: Harkonen

Ammo nerf is referring to the HAC nerf. Read carefully.

| Adventus |

12-13-2010   #14 (permalink)
銀河美少年
Games
SD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterS4 LeagueFreeJackCabal Online

Kenshiro is a jewel in the roughKenshiro is a jewel in the roughKenshiro is a jewel in the roughKenshiro is a jewel in the rough
IGN: BusterX
Class: Brawler to_fighter
Level: ♦♦♦
Guild: Seven Swords 七劍(HK)/Synergy(TW)

F91 is my second favorite paper suit, next to V2B which is my first. F91 in itself is a mad swissknife- You got vulcans, beam pistol, and a KD beam which is everything a paper should be and need. I admit that I play F91 mostly on mode 1 and only go MePe when against a rushing rock. Even until then, I will not take out my Beam launcher in mode 2 until I am strafing someone from a distance. Playing F91 makes you feel like you're playing every suit attribute. It doesn't feel like a paper at all.

Vulcans - abuse it. Good for assisting in rushes or hitting someone from the back. Even when hitting from the front, the vulcans still hurt.

Beam Pistol - good for covering your team from a distance, although I prefer the beam launcher over this. More range could be a better tradeoff sometimes.

VSBR - KD when someone's rushing at you, or KD an enemy that's hitting your team. Good for stealing kills too

I don't really melee unless necessary. It is sometimes better to not melee at all with F91. It depends.

00 Raiser, 00 7S/G, V2AB, Infinite Justice, HWS v, Master Fuunsaiki, God Fuunsaiki, SR Sazabi, Crossbone X1 Kai, X2 Kai, Harute (Final Mission Type) Stargazer, Crossbone X3, Sazabi

Upcoming projects: Arios Ascalon (100% Complete!), Crossbone X1 Skullheart (100% Complete!)

HIATUS AGAIN!
Playing Phantasy Star Online 2
IGN - ホモゲーバスター

12-13-2010   #15 (permalink)
Raven
Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreddieMercury
not melee at all with F91.
that wont be abusing the speed on this thing...... and this thing is a speed demon

12-13-2010   #16 (permalink)
銀河美少年
Games

Kenshiro is a jewel in the roughKenshiro is a jewel in the roughKenshiro is a jewel in the roughKenshiro is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrykerX
that wont be abusing the speed on this thing...... and this thing is a speed demon
Shoot and run, rinse and repeat. I rarely melee unless it's hitting an unsuspecting enemy from behind (ambush attack or helping a team mate). Its speed is more than just rushing in and out for me. It could also be used for shooting and constantly positioning oneself in a match.

Then again, there are no real way of playing F91. It all depends on the situation. I want to confirm that I did not say anything about F91's melee being bad, in fact its ridiculously fast. What I want to say is that its speed is for its every weapon.

00 Raiser, 00 7S/G, V2AB, Infinite Justice, HWS v, Master Fuunsaiki, God Fuunsaiki, SR Sazabi, Crossbone X1 Kai, X2 Kai, Harute (Final Mission Type) Stargazer, Crossbone X3, Sazabi

Upcoming projects: Arios Ascalon (100% Complete!), Crossbone X1 Skullheart (100% Complete!)

HIATUS AGAIN!
IGN - ホモゲーバスター

12-13-2010   #17 (permalink)
Gluttony Fang
Games
SD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterRagnarok OnlinePerfect WorldPhantasy Star Online 2

Kisaragi has much to be proud ofKisaragi has much to be proud ofKisaragi has much to be proud ofKisaragi has much to be proud ofKisaragi has much to be proud ofKisaragi has much to be proud ofKisaragi has much to be proud ofKisaragi has much to be proud ofKisaragi has much to be proud of

As with most other good players like Cybaster, Darke, Hexi, Dusks, I prefer to go infighting and melee. Because that gives the most damage and fast kills. I don't want to take risks and kill slow, I'd rather kill all their lives before anyone does any damage at all.

That's how devils go. KILL 'EM ALL, YA-HA!

| Adventus |

12-13-2010   #18 (permalink)
┬──┬ノ( -ノ)
Games
Awards Facebook Fan

Supa Versatile suit.

I like.

I do find that I hug MePe mode alot when I play F91 though O:

I very rarely use the beamrifle and MGs, mainly because if I'm not at super long range I tend to charge in and melee. Probably not a good idea as such, but its a habit I've developed from playing aggro rocks too much @@"

12-13-2010   #19 (permalink)
銀河美少年
Games

Hmm, go devilbat ghost then eh? I'll give it a shot.

HIATUS AGAIN!
IGN - ホモゲーバスター

12-13-2010   #20 (permalink)
Gluttony Fang
Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by retune
Supa Versatile suit.

I like.

I do find that I hug MePe mode alot when I play F91 though O:

I very rarely use the beamrifle and MGs, mainly because if I'm not at super long range I tend to charge in and melee. Probably not a good idea as such, but its a habit I've developed from playing aggro rocks too much @@"
Same here, I prefer R mode because of three things

1. Beam Bazooka
2. Melee
3. Boost

| Adventus |