ggFTW

MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > MMO Games > SD Gundam Capsule Fighter Online > SDGO MS Discussions

League of Legends
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

League of Legends

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
12-05-2010   #1 (permalink)
Rilienthal
Games
MapleStorySD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterTrickster OnlineZero Online

Strikegundam is a splendid one to beholdStrikegundam is a splendid one to beholdStrikegundam is a splendid one to beholdStrikegundam is a splendid one to beholdStrikegundam is a splendid one to beholdStrikegundam is a splendid one to beholdStrikegundam is a splendid one to beholdStrikegundam is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to Strikegundam
IGN: Natsume
Default [MSotW][06/12 - 11/12] Nemo (CU)

Mobile suit of the week is Nemo (CU) from Finding Nemo

Type: Rock
Movement: Walking

Weapons
Weapon 1: Beam Sabre
Standard 5 hit melee. First 2 hits are fast.

Weapon 2: Beam Rifle
Standard beam weapon for a mobile suit. It requires “Attack Up” to increase its damage output.

Weapon 3: Vulcans
Standard vulcans for a mobile suit.

Skills
Art of Fighting: Mobile Suit - Adds a chance of a small damage increase during melee attacks. (High probability.)
Attack Up - The unit's attack power is increased.

Synergy
Art of fighting is the perfect skill for a rock suit, especially when beam sabre is the main damage output. Attack up is just a bonus for Nemo, nothing special.

Stats
1. Speed + Agility + Attack Build
- It is common for a melee mobile suit. Two points each in speed and agility and OC for attack.
- In my opinion, two points in agility doesn’t change much and it is unnecessary to waste points in agility.

2. Speed + Attack Build
- Due to lack of HP and defence, users add 4 points in speed, so it can escape quickly after each attack.
- After putting points in speed, the speed of Nemo would match a normal B rank.

Strategies
In my opinion, I prefer the Speed + Attack build. To action cancel with Nemo, it does not require high agility. Knowledge of melee techniques is essential when using the mobile suit. Also Cancel/counter SP would be useful in battle.

Nemo is c rank rock type mobile suit. Hp and defence are low, so taking hits from other team isn’t an option. Just like other rock type MS; players would need to be aggressive to do any damage. The best option after you finished your attack or SP is to take cover.

In general Nemo will be used in BC room in stock mode. 4 lives are not for you for waste. One tiny mistake and you can pretty much say Sayonara to one of your lives.

Nemo requires user’s melee skill to maximise its damage. If you miss your first hit, you should action cancel and pull back for the next opportunity.
The melee combo should be 2 hits to the front, and then action cancel follow with 2 hits on the side, finally with a last hit to the back or just boost away and spamming your weapon 3.

From my experience in battle, most players tend to use special attack during/after your second hits.
There are two options available when that happens:
1.If you are facing a suit with ranged SP, you won’t be able to escape in time. You can take the SP like a man or try to use your SP at the same time and cancel the SP out
2.If you are facing a suit with melee SP or map SP, you should have enough reaction to escape after your second hits. You can try to counter their SP by activating just after they activate theirs, but the timing needs to be just right. If your timing is slightly off, be prepared to use turn slash and get the first hit.

There is a very important thing that most players forget when they are in battle – run away. If you survive longer, the overall output will be higher.
Also be prepare for the other team chasing after you as you do not have boost down in your weapon set.

Comparisons:
Slash Zaku Warrior & Nemo
People usually choose Zaku over Nemo because of the wider melee range.
However, I personally found zaku’s melee speed slow after using Nemo. Nemo trades its SP for more attack points. Both weapon 2 are slow to response.
As for weapon 3, it is nice to have something with different damage properties compare to weapon 2. As least you have ballistic weapon type to go against “I field” and “Laminate Armour”.
Slash Zaku Warrior’s agility is slightly higher than Nemo after the Agility Up skill activates. But for that ~1 agility, Nemo is able to get better attack and speed.

Fishy (Mermaid gundam) & Nemo
In this case, Nemo trades its SP for more attack, agility and defence. Fishy’s movement makes it very difficult to come out alive after an attack.
It got auto-lock on jammer as second skill and slightly improving the chance of surviving. But its HP will be below 40% and players with good aiming skill would have no problem taking it out.

Moving on to weapon set, Nemo trades slow ailment weapon (Net Beam) for Vulcan. Net beam can works as a distraction for your escape, but the long reload rate means that strategic can’t be used very often.
For Nemo, Vulcan is very useful when it comes to finish enemies off. But comparing weapon 2, fishy’s shooting speed is a bit faster than Nemo.

My Opinions:
I found the shooting speed of beam rifle is slow and often get KD by flashlight before weapon 2 hits someone. Taking cover and working your way closer and closer to the other team is important. It is the best idea to stick with your team because your team is your shield and sword.

In order to play with Nemo, the users need to be more offensive and escape quickly.
If you prefer shooting with a C rank rock, Nemo isn’t for you.
As for other melee enthusiasts or people who are learning MCA or action cancel, Nemo is made for you…

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
12-05-2010   #2 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Cosmic BreakFantasy Earth ZeroGunboundMapleStory

Crimsonred is a glorious beacon of lightCrimsonred is a glorious beacon of lightCrimsonred is a glorious beacon of lightCrimsonred is a glorious beacon of lightCrimsonred is a glorious beacon of light
IGN: Meltyred
Class: Wandering

Is it compulsory to find a joke for every mobile suit or something?
Anyway, nice review of a C rank that is underestimated and good at making comaprison to the slash zaku warrior, cause they are considered good C rank rocks.( not really sure bout mermaid gundam but whatever)

12-05-2010   #3 (permalink)
Raven
Games
SD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterKingdom of Loathing

StrykerX will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to StrykerX
IGN: StrykyX
Class: Raven lt_blader
Level: Derp
Guild: En Garde

i honestly didnt expect this..... but yeah, nice guide to CU nemo

12-05-2010   #4 (permalink)
Retired
Special
Games
SD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterTrickster OnlineLa TaleGunbound
Awards Retired Forum Moderator

zgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to zgmfx19a
IGN: Nek0 / Nek0Yasha(RIP)
Class: Zooks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimsonred
Anyway, nice review of a C rank that is underestimated and good at making comaprison to the slash zaku warrior, cause they are considered good C rank rocks.( not really sure bout mermaid gundam but whatever)
The only other rock C that I find that has comparable canceling ability to Nemo CU is Mermaid.

For me, that is the only unique point of the suit which makes me consider to even play it. The cancel.

Personally, when I play this suit on my alternate account, I find myself playing melee mode most of the time, and to tell the truth, it is enjoyable. This thing cancels like a boss for a C rank, has a average first swing arc. However, being a pure melee suit, it does lack the ability to chain into a melee combo with w3. Add to the fact that it's w2 and w3 have below average damage, and you can't really contribute much to the team in terms of firepower. As such, you've gotta be mad to play this in a FFA room.

In BC/C rooms however, I'll prefer Mermaid to this. Mermaid has the same canceling smoothness as compared to CU, but if I remember right, it has a wider swinging arc for the first hit, and faster first 2 hits, which means you can easily cancel out of 2 hits and SS/MCA. Don't shoot me if I remember wrongly, cause I haven't play Nemo/Mermaid in quite a while. Vulcans vs Net are generally not much of a deal here as few units have I-Field, and meleeing will take care of the job anyway.

But for a general meleeing C rock, I still prefer Slash Zaku for what TW has to offer for now. It's swing arcs are HUGE, and the time to complete 5 hits are decent. It cancels as per average rock, and while not as good as Nemo, is still decent enough to warrant play. I have the impression that it's w2 is more painful than Nemo's as well. Disadvantage are it's stupidly slow speed, and the lack of a physical weapon.

Last edited by zgmfx19a; 12-05-2010 at 08:27 AM.

12-05-2010   #5 (permalink)
Rilienthal
Games

Strikegundam is a splendid one to beholdStrikegundam is a splendid one to beholdStrikegundam is a splendid one to beholdStrikegundam is a splendid one to beholdStrikegundam is a splendid one to beholdStrikegundam is a splendid one to beholdStrikegundam is a splendid one to beholdStrikegundam is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by zgmfx19a
Vulcans vs Net are generally not much of a deal here as few units have I-Field, and meleeing will take care of the job anyway.
I have been playing with Nemo for a while..
I do remember playing against Psycho gundam, vulcans do a bit of damage.
Vulcans can be used when the psycho has both skills. It would be difficult for fishy to go against psycho.
I still can't comment much about fishy, since i only played a few matches with fishy.

12-05-2010   #6 (permalink)
Retired
Special
Games

zgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strikegundam
I have been playing with Nemo for a while..
I do remember playing against Psycho gundam, vulcans do a bit of damage.
Vulcans can be used when the psycho has both skills. It would be difficult for fishy to go against psycho.
I still can't comment much about fishy, since i only played a few matches with fishy.
I am referring to BC rooms for that case.

Obviously when facing Psychos or Neues or Dendros, vulcans are better.

Last edited by zgmfx19a; 12-05-2010 at 10:03 PM.

12-05-2010   #7 (permalink)
Rilienthal
Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by zgmfx19a
Obviously when facing Psychos or Neues or Dendros, vulcans are better.
but both of them will be screwed as they rush toward and you don't have sp..

12-05-2010   #8 (permalink)
Booger face
Games
SD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterDragon NestVindictusLeague of Legends

Seim is a splendid one to beholdSeim is a splendid one to beholdSeim is a splendid one to beholdSeim is a splendid one to beholdSeim is a splendid one to beholdSeim is a splendid one to behold

Obviously playing C rank in S/A/B/C rooms is sorta just gimping urself unless ur playing one of the bigger ***getry ones with a decently high OC (4++)
It's really hard to actually keep up with the higher tier suits but it is doable.
my noobie art :>
http://carrotlegs.deviantart.com/

12-05-2010   #9 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

KirovReporting has a spectacular aura aboutKirovReporting has a spectacular aura about
Guild: exMachina

i figured
i never seen this suit in pvp nor pve
and i mean, NEVER
Pazabi OCEX Rau Dinn OCEX Rocknanju OC6 HiNu OC6 Scizabi OC6 HWS OC6 GundamMC OC6 BR Rezel OC6 Quess Doga OC6 Char Zaku OC6 Geara Doga OC6 Stark Jegan OC6 Wing EW OC6 NGC OC6 Scinanju OC5 ARPA OC5 BD3 OC5 007 OC5

^all gone/currently have *v*
Rezel OC6 BB senshi hyaku shiki OC6 Kaempfer OC6 Missile GINN OC6 Sinanju OC5 Zabanya SR Ace

12-05-2010   #10 (permalink)
Rilienthal
Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seim
Obviously playing C rank in S/A/B/C rooms is sorta just gimping urself unless ur playing one of the bigger ***getry ones with a decently high OC (4++)
It's really hard to actually keep up with the higher tier suits but it is doable.
I was playing with Nemo yesterday in ABC room..
often only had 1 or 2 lives left

12-05-2010   #11 (permalink)
Booger face
Games
SD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterDragon NestVindictusLeague of Legends

Seim is a splendid one to beholdSeim is a splendid one to beholdSeim is a splendid one to beholdSeim is a splendid one to beholdSeim is a splendid one to beholdSeim is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strikegundam
I was playing with Nemo yesterday in ABC room..
often only had 1 or 2 lives left
You can do it obviously. I never said you can't.
It's a matter of how decently ur C rank compares with other higher tier suits, what suits the people in the room are using, the skill level of the people in the room compared to yourself.
However, most of the time, you're gimping urself by choosing a C rank unless it doesnt hard counter the room or is some gay shit like Ball-K
my noobie art :>
http://carrotlegs.deviantart.com/

Last edited by Seim; 12-05-2010 at 11:57 PM.

12-06-2010   #12 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
SD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterCosmic BreakACE OnlineZero Online

Leongz has a spectacular aura aboutLeongz has a spectacular aura aboutLeongz has a spectacular aura about
IGN: Leongz

Awesome,I think I just found "Nemo"!
Anyway nice guide.

12-06-2010   #13 (permalink)
Retired
Special
Games

Right, checked out on Nemo vs Mermaid vs Slash Zaku.

Mermaid has similar first 2 slashes as Slash Zaku, except it does not cover the Z-axis (can't destroy grounds). Takes the fastest time to complete the first 2 slash (so damn fast it can almost be considered a single slash), but slowest to complete the 5 slashes. First 2 slashes are equally easy to cancel.

Nemo's initial 2 slashes are slower than Mermaid. First slash covers more horizontal axis, but second slash is clearly inferior. This is imo the major point, since Mermaid slashes so fast, it can do them as though a single slash.

Slash Zaku's slashes covers all axis like a boss. Doesn't cancel as smoothly.